HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Life is good in Rangerland

Old
03-20-2011, 02:57 PM
KreiMeARiver*
Have Confidence

vCash: 500
Life is good in Rangerland

Since I post enough *****ing and complaining when we are sucking and I want to kill myself...I figured I'd post a positive thread.

Things are going so well right now. We are working hard, playing well together, and most importantly, getting KEY goals at KEY times by KEY players!!!

The crazy thing is we still don't have much breathing room...

Let's keep this going!!!!!!

KreiMeARiver* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2011, 07:01 PM
Black Tank

I get a feeling we are on the verge of being a very good team for a number of years. All the young players are contributing and there are more waiting in the wings, Sather has refused to trade away prospects for has beens, there's a coaching staff that holds players accountable, and the team itself is committed to playing hard every game.

In the early 90s I had a similar feeling of impending success but knew we were going to have to pay a heavy price to bring in the vets to get us over the top. This time I feel like we can be good for a few solid seasons in a row without having to jeopardize the future, like the really successful franchises have been able to do.

Black Tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2011, 07:15 PM
Kel Varnsen
Below: Nash's Heart

I've been saying this for so long. It's good to see many are starting to see what I've seen for over a year now.

Kel Varnsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2011, 07:17 PM
RMcDonagh
New York Rangers Cup

Four game winning streak.

Four game losing streak would bring a totally different perspective.

Agreed now, but let's not get crazy talking about how this team is going to be great for years after this streak. Hyperbole is hyperbole.

RMcDonagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2011, 07:18 PM
Machinehead
Hank, pls

Well that's what being a Rangers fan is all about, it's the World's biggest roller coaster. Like the song says, "Ridin' high in April, shot down in May." I'm sure we'll be back to *****ing and complaining soon enough, but until the Rangers do something stupid, let's not think about that and just enjoy this.

Machinehead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2011, 07:21 PM
Blueshirt Special
HFBoards Sponsor

It definitely feels good going into the week with some consecutive wins.

Now we need to follow-up with 2 more wins over a couple of marginal teams. A 6-game win streak, certainly not something that is a pipe dream right now.

Get this done. Build momentum.

03-20-2011, 07:22 PM
surf
Wheres the Reggae?

I agree..4 game winning streaks do wonders..I dont even mind Video Nerds as much during winning streaks!

surf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2011, 07:26 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Cue the losing streak FML, I will kill myself in 3...2...1...

03-20-2011, 08:40 PM
KingWantsCup
Super Saiyan Hank

vCash: 350
No doubt we're winning the cup this year.

KingWantsCup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2011, 08:52 PM
Giacomin

The Rangers with all their young talent will be contenders for the rest of the decade. As long as the King can stay productive I see a good 5-10 year run in them.

Giacomin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2011, 08:59 PM
GregNYR19
agitator

Send a message via AIM to GregNYR19
finally hank gets a streak 4 games is nice i didnt believe they'd beat pit

GregNYR19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2011, 09:05 PM
Stugots
Kolo, Kolo Kolo!

We are getting hot right now, but the thing is we have to stay hot because Buffalo and Carolina are knocking at our door.

Stugots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2011, 09:07 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

This has the NHL front page jinx written all over it again.

Fitzy you wanted to lock up the other thread, lock this **** up before it comes back and bits us in the ***.

New York RKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2011, 11:20 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

This really is the most bipolar board here. If we lose Tuesday against Florida, there will be people calling for Torts' head and saying that we should have blown it up at the deadline.

The positivity is better than the usual negativity around here though so I like that.

NYRFAN218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2011, 12:08 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 145
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 View Post
This really is the most bipolar board here. If we lose Tuesday against Florida, there will be people calling for Torts' head and saying that we should have blown it up at the deadline.

The positivity is better than the usual negativity around here though so I like that.
Important to recognize, though, that those two camps really don't include the same posters. The board's attitude in general is definitely up-and-down (putting it lightly), but individual posters here are typically pretty consistent.

I'm ****ing thrilled we're playing so well. The perpetual promise of youth delivering a true franchise revival seems to be getting back on track. However, a main issue with the team has been consistency (overall, and player by player--vets included). We're still a two- or three-game streak away from being 9th. I'm very happy, but still skeptical and unhappy with certain aspects of the team. Can't be complacent.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2011, 12:22 AM
WeWillWinTonight

Let's win Tues and Thurs.

WeWillWinTonight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2011, 01:00 AM
Florida Ranger
Bring back Torts!

I still have a feeling we're going to do some impressive damage in the playoffs. Isn't this our first four game win streak of the season?

It's going to be fun.

Florida Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2011, 01:37 AM
Kane One
HFB Partner

vCash: 550
It's sad how this is our first 4-game winning streak of the season.

03-21-2011, 04:47 AM
ohbaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaneone View Post
It's sad how this is our first 4-game winning streak of the season.
First time in more than 2 years! New York hadn't won four in a row since Dec. 17-23, 2009!

Still, I feel the Rangers have been playing with more consistancy this year, than in any year in recent memory. Even when we lose, the effort is there. Our never say die attitude is evident every game. I would gather we have lost more close games than any team in the league. Our +36 goal differential between GF and GA will attest to this. This number stacks right up there with the League leaders other than Vancouver (+66). You have to go back to 06 when we had a +42, finished in 6th with a 100 pts to top that.

I think this stat is very telling when you consider our defense first policy. In recent years we have had a hard time scoring playing this system. And the fact we are exploding in goals scored, when typically, scoring gets very stingy at this time of year,... says alot. And it's not like we are beating up bad teams either. MTL and PITT are ahead of us. NYI always pose a challenge for us. The thrashings of PHI and WAS were impressive, even if they didn't bring their A game.

Point is,... Opposing teams must bring their A game to beat us, like the Devils did, boy I hope they don't make playoffs,... whereas we can still find a way, even when we are not playing our best. Case in point, our last vs PITT.

I would say this bodes well for us in the playoffs,... but even if we continue to keep games close, like we have all season, giving us a chance to win, it relies heavily on scoring key goals at key times. And as a die hard Rangers Fan,... I wouldn't have it, any other way.

ohbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2011, 05:52 AM
rody

Let's just stay positive. Not crazy confident. Just stay behind our team.
yes they will make mistakes or have a missed shot, bad pass or bad goal. but let's not get down on them.
No more booing at home . That last game at home the guys were pumped from the crowd.
The guys are nervous to play at home . They are human they don't feel great when the get booed.
Let's change how we treat our team. GRG

rody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2011, 06:13 AM
Blueshirt Special
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rody View Post
Let's just stay positive. Not crazy confident. Just stay behind our team.
yes they will make mistakes or have a missed shot, bad pass or bad goal. but let's not get down on them.
No more booing at home . That last game at home the guys were pumped from the crowd.
The guys are nervous to play at home . They are human they don't feel great when the get booed.
Let's change how we treat our team. GRG
Good post. Agree wholeheartedly.

Blueshirt Special is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2011, 06:20 AM
Black Tank

I don't particularly care about this season - it's the development of players like Dubinsky, Callahan, Anisimov that is the real win. The fact that players like Stepan and McDonagh who were imaginary roster fillers at this time last year have actually materialized as good NHLers is the other half of that win.

This is what is needed to build a sustainable competitive franchise and I can't recall a similar time in recent memory when we had this staggered depth, especially if guys like Kreider can make the jump.

4 game winning streak is small potatoes compared to a potential change in the nature of the organization.

Black Tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2011, 06:46 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Tank View Post
I don't particularly care about this season - it's the development of players like Dubinsky, Callahan, Anisimov that is the real win. The fact that players like Stepan and McDonagh who were imaginary roster fillers at this time last year have actually materialized as good NHLers is the other half of that win.

This is what is needed to build a sustainable competitive franchise and I can't recall a similar time in recent memory when we had this staggered depth, especially if guys like Kreider can make the jump.

4 game winning streak is small potatoes compared to a potential change in the nature of the organization.
That was my feeling going into this season, as I saw this year as transitional. But, at this point, I believe this team needs the payoff of making the playoffs. I believe making the playoffs for this group is an important step for their growth. The young players need to be rewarded for being the driving force for the Rangers being successful.

jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2011, 10:51 AM
ohbaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Tank View Post

As much as I understand your point, I can hardly write off this year as growing pains. We have waited long enough for Dubi and Cally to fill some big shoes. And Stepan, Mcdonagh, and Sauer earned spots on this team. Rookies or not, they won spots over vets. Who would have thought MDZ would be in the minors right now? Or Zucc playing with Avery or Christensen sitting?

I think we have a team on the verge of something exciting. A team not many fear will go far. Lines like Dubi, AA, Cally, and Feds, Boyle, Prust, two lines that been playing playoff hockey all year long with their grinding styles. D-men who get their job and perform it well. Forwards who understand defense first. A goalie in his prime. And the NHL leaders in throwing the body. To me, this team is getting playoff ready.

Yeah this might be a season of transition,.... but I wouldn't count it out being a breakthrough year either.

Last edited by ohbaby: 03-21-2011 at 11:04 AM.
ohbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2011, 10:55 AM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

jinx thread

Puckface NYR* is offline   Reply With Quote