HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Notices

2011 Injury Thread

Closed Thread

Old
03-21-2011, 04:24 PM
gobi

vCash: 500
I think Bolduc is here until Glass can slot back in.

Old
03-21-2011, 04:27 PM
Chairman Maouth
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancouver_2010 View Post
continue to pray for Malhotra! I bet the team would bond with each other even better now and want to win the cup for him.
Atta boy.

This comes as no surprise to me today. The writing was on the wall.

Old
03-21-2011, 04:32 PM
m9

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortshorts View Post
I'm not taking my anger out on you, but I'm just explaining how this board thinks. The majority of this board is filled with trolls, liars and morons. It sucks that we've bunched you in that group but if we believed what every posters has said we'd never get anywhere.
Many on this board's position on this issue the entire time has been "If you speculate Malholtra is done for the year, you're an idiot, go away. If you think he'll be back earlier, feel free to speculate all you want!"

Doesn't really matter either way, its just odd to watch play out.

Old
03-21-2011, 04:33 PM
David71

sad to hear. get better manny. come back next year.

Old
03-21-2011, 04:39 PM
shortshorts
The OG Kesler Hater

Get Well Soon Malhotra

Old
03-21-2011, 04:42 PM
Meganuck*

so now I'm going to hear Patterson change his tune about Malhotra and talk about how he was the most vital piece to this team.

Old
03-21-2011, 04:42 PM
canucksfan

vCash: 990

Old
03-21-2011, 04:44 PM
Crows*

Quote:
Originally Posted by canucksfan View Post
I was waiting for that too... Then about 30 minutes ago he said " it's s loss... But this is s guy that was only making 800 grand last year"

What a puke. Cant wait till Blake price weighs in...

Old
03-21-2011, 04:47 PM
VanEric

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crows View Post
I was waiting for that too... Then about 30 minutes ago he said " it's s loss... But this is s guy that was only making 800 grand last year"

What a puke. Cant wait till Blake price weighs in...
That's a nice story but it's not entirely accurate. Malhotra had offers but mostly from crappy teams. I think one team mentioned was Atlanta. Instead he chose to go the route he did with the Sharks because he desperately wants to win.

Old
03-21-2011, 04:48 PM
Hedberg
MLD Glue Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricCartman View Post
so now I'm going to hear Patterson change his tune about Malhotra and talk about how he was the most vital piece to this team.
Inevitably

Old
03-21-2011, 04:50 PM
KDizzle

Damn

Well now I hope Manny can focus on getting rest and on getting his health back. Get well soon Manny!

Hockey-wise, I take solace in the fact that Lapierre-Bolduc is an upgrade over Wellwood-Johnson. Throw Hodsgon/Bliznak into the mix should he be required and I'm comfortable going with that into the playoffs.

Thank god we traded for Lappy and Higgins!

Old
03-21-2011, 04:51 PM
Kagee*

Well I'm happy we at least got Lappy and Higgins, and hopefully Hodgson gets a full playoff experience.

Old
03-21-2011, 04:51 PM
Momesso

Awww **** **** ****.

Manny filled a big hole for us. Get well soon buddy.

Bolduc is not the answer. Not that Hodgson is, but at least he has the upside to surprise.

------

....side issue, really, but this team never seems to get any breaks.

Old
03-21-2011, 04:52 PM
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
Kitimat Canuck

This thread is to discuss injured players and, in this case, the unfortunate injury to Malhotra.

It is not a place to finger wag, say I told you so, or engage in name-calling back and forth no matter what precipitated it.

A lot of you just got off with a freebie. If someone posts something in violation of the site rules, report it and move on. We will deal with it.

Old
03-21-2011, 04:53 PM
Canucker

I'm not sure why anyone cares what radio personality has to say about Manny or this incident...It's not like their opinion is any more valid or educated than anyone elses here on this board.

Old
03-21-2011, 04:55 PM
KDizzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canucker View Post
I'm not sure why anyone cares what radio personality has to say about Manny or this incident...It's not like their opinion is any more valid or educated than anyone elses here on this board.
The only thing stopping message board junkies from being radio hosts is that they all probably sound like Jannik Hansen.

Old
03-21-2011, 05:01 PM
Bobby Lou
We Surrender

This is just terrible, I said all year the one place we cannot afford injury is at the centre position; Gillis has done a terrific job fortifying the blue line, and we even have some viable options on the wing, but we simply have no depth at centre. The trade deadline acquisition of Lapierre goes some of the way to remedying that (especially if he can bring his Montreal playoff game), but the fact remains we went from being a team with basically no holes in the entire line-up to a team with a monstrous hole after Kesler/Hank at the centre position. Huge blow to our playoff aspirations in my opinion because Manny was the answer to a bunch of playoff question marks we had to deal with last year (notably PK, shut-down line, and face-off percentage).

Wishing a quick and full recovery to Manny and his family.

Last edited by Bobby Lou: 03-21-2011 at 05:06 PM.
Old
03-21-2011, 05:08 PM
Daoust
chip?

I hope Ohlund gives him a call.
I feel bad for Manny. It's obviously worse than just a scraped up sclera. I've had that and was back to normal within a couple of weeks. Hope he gets his vision back to relatively normal again.

Old
03-21-2011, 05:10 PM
VanEric

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Lou View Post
This is just terrible, I said all year the one place we cannot afford injury is at the centre position; Gillis has done a terrific job fortifying the blue line, and we even have some viable options on the wing, but we simply have no depth at centre. The trade deadline acquisition of Lapierre goes some of the way to remedying that (especially if he can bring his Montreal playoff game), but the fact remains we went from being a team with basically no holes in the entire line-up to a team with a monstrous hole after Kesler/Hank at the centre position. Huge blow to our playoff aspirations in my opinion because Manny was the answer to a bunch of playoff question marks we had to deal with last year (notably PK, shut-down line, and face-off percentage).

Wishing a quick and full recovery to Manny and his family.
Such is life in the salary cap era. You're going to be weak somewhere. Even with Manny out, I think I'd still take our defensive depth over carrying a highly priced fourth line centre in case someone got hurt.

Icing a blueline of Edler/Ehrhoff, Hamhuis/Bieksa, and Ballard/Salo should offset the loss of Malhotra somewhat because there's no weak pairing for the opposition to exploit in a matchup game.

Old
03-21-2011, 05:15 PM
JuniorNelson

vCash: 50
This is a terminal hit. We are back to where they were last playoffs, except no Wellwood.

Best wishes to Manny Malhotra in his future endeavours.

Old
03-21-2011, 05:19 PM
Bobby Lou
We Surrender

Another somewhat interesting note regarding Tanev, and Bieksa's imminent return:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmac
Vigneault on Bieksa's return: "No one should assume Tanev is the defenceman coming out of the lineup." Tanev will stay, no matter what.
http://twitter.com/gmacsports/status/49917599353540608

So who sits? Obviously not the Messiah (aka Rome).

Old
03-21-2011, 05:23 PM
Crows*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuniorNelson View Post
This is a terminal hit. We are back to where they were last playoffs, except no Wellwood.

Best wishes to Manny Malhotra in his future endeavours.
I dissagree. This Canuck team even without manny is superior to last years team.

1. Way more depth on blueline
2. Better goaltending
3.deeper forward group.

Lapierre is no Malholtra but he has a real good opportunity to step up here.

4. Better 4th line, being able to rotate a bunch of guys .. Including coho.

5. Emergence of Kesler as an offensive force.

6. fingers crossed.. A healthy kesler and burrows.

7. Elite Pp.

All is not lost.

Old
03-21-2011, 05:26 PM
VanEric

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuniorNelson View Post
Hansen is improved over the Hansen of last year. I'd take Higgins and Torres over Demo and Bernier as well.

Old
03-21-2011, 05:27 PM
ubiquitous
More like Shredder

Jeez, what a horrible turn of events. I honestly wish the league would step in and mandate visors, at the very least make them mandatory and grandfather in the players who don't wear visors currently to being exempt from the rule. It is ridiculous that playing with a visor somehow is indicative of how tough a player is or isn't...with a rule forcing all players to wear visors it would no longer be that way and we wouldn't risk seeing another injury like this one.

I would've thought after the Berard eye injury people would start waking up when it came to wearing a visor, but no, people are still refusing to wear one. It's just a really scary thing, losing your vision playing a game you love would be awful. The NHL really needs to do SOMETHING to eliminate these sorts of injuries from happening.

Old
03-21-2011, 05:28 PM
VanEric

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Lou View Post
Another somewhat interesting note regarding Tanev, and Bieksa's imminent return:

http://twitter.com/gmacsports/status/49917599353540608

So who sits? Obviously not the Messiah (aka Rome).
Ballard. If Ballard is as banged up as has been reported, he should sit out and heal up.

Closed Thread