HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs fans among the worst??

Old
03-19-2011, 11:25 AM
HAPPY HOUR

vCash: 500
Habs fans among the worst??

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puc...?urn=nhl-wp643

HAPPY HOUR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2011, 11:29 AM
Sad London Ranger
RIP Boogie

Send a message via Yahoo to Sad London Ranger
I think NYR fans are just as quick jeering their own players, I will never understand that behaviour.

Sad London Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2011, 11:42 AM
TrollololBoyle

Anytime you have a winning team (Yankees, Cowboys, Canadiens, Lakers, Celtics, etc) the fan of that team is always the first to throw it under the bus, when you instill a winning tradition, the fans expect nothing less from you.

Habs fans could be the worst, but I'm sure they also have some of the best.

TrollololBoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2011, 12:02 PM
Balej20*

No one supports their team more than hab fans.

Balej20* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2011, 12:27 PM
NYRSchrute217

They're awful. I've never met so many obnoxious people in my life. Last night I heard boos for the US national anthem from Habs fans. Plus a few of the annoying ones in my section and the ones surrounding left after the first period when they thought the game was out of hand. After your team scores in an opposing building, you should clap and stand up, not go up and heckle everyone else.

I'm thrilled the Rangers took it to them last night. Their fans couldn't be more rude.

NYRSchrute217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2011, 12:54 PM
Noonansgoal

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRSchrute217 View Post
Last night I heard boos for the US national anthem from Habs fans.
See this is where it crosses the line. I would lose my mind if someone did this near me. Security should really step in and do something about it. And the same goes both ways, I don't know of anyone who boos the canadien anthem, but Im sure they exist and its just as disrespectful.

And also, to do it in New York, a location hypersensitive in patriotism for obvious reasons, is as ignorant as it gets.

Noonansgoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2011, 01:01 PM
KILLger

Send a message via ICQ to KILLger Send a message via MSN to KILLger
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRSchrute217 View Post
They're awful. I've never met so many obnoxious people in my life. Last night I heard boos for the US national anthem from Habs fans. Plus a few of the annoying ones in my section and the ones surrounding left after the first period when they thought the game was out of hand. After your team scores in an opposing building, you should clap and stand up, not go up and heckle everyone else.

I'm thrilled the Rangers took it to them last night. Their fans couldn't be more rude.
Took it to them?

Out were: Markov, Gorges, Plekanec, Pacioretty, Spacek, Gill, Sopel and less importantly Darche and Halpern. Grats on the win, on a back-back game.

As for the rest of your comment, yeah there are many stupid fans in the fanbase and most are bipolar. It gets frustrating (for me at the very least) but some fans from other teams here (main board mainly) still make it hell for the whole fanbase due to a "select" retarded ones.

The bigger the fanbase gets, the more chances you get to have people act stupid.

KILLger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2011, 01:15 PM
SomebodySaveKreider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noonansgoal View Post
See this is where it crosses the line. I would lose my mind if someone did this near me. Security should really step in and do something about it. And the same goes both ways, I don't know of anyone who boos the canadien anthem, but Im sure they exist and its just as disrespectful.

And also, to do it in New York, a location hypersensitive in patriotism for obvious reasons, is as ignorant as it gets.
Freedom of speech. I don't like it either but they have a right to do it, no matter how idiotic it may be.

Habs fans are brutal, but at least they're loyal. I think the label "Worst Fans" should go to those who don't support their team when they're maybe not doing so great.

SomebodySaveKreider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2011, 01:21 PM
Noonansgoal

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomebodySaveKreider View Post
Freedom of speech. I don't like it either but they have a right to do it, no matter how idiotic it may be.
It's freedom of speech, but its not peaceful, it instigates fights and violence.

Noonansgoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2011, 01:24 PM
NYRSchrute217

Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLger View Post
Took it to them?

Out were: Markov, Gorges, Plekanec, Pacioretty, Spacek, Gill, Sopel and less importantly Darche and Halpern. Grats on the win, on a back-back game.

As for the rest of your comment, yeah there are many stupid fans in the fanbase and most are bipolar. It gets frustrating (for me at the very least) but some fans from other teams here (main board mainly) still make it hell for the whole fanbase due to a "select" retarded ones.

The bigger the fanbase gets, the more chances you get to have people act stupid.
Every team has injuries. The Rangers were missing Gaborik, Callahan, Dubinsky, Fedotenko, Staal, Christensen, Frolov, Drury, Prospal and Biron at different points this season.

And I'm well aware every team has their fair share of ******* fans, but from my experiences Canadiens fans are just way too over-the-top, not to mention disrespectful. Having experienced a game in Montreal as well, most of the people we met there were rude as well.

It's not fair for the good Canadiens fans, and I've met plenty of those as well, but the overwhelming majority of you guys are an embarrassment to the fanbase. Just my opinion.

NYRSchrute217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2011, 01:36 PM
Dr. Ogrodnick

Given the tradition, I'm often surprised at how delusional and lacking in general hockey knowledge the average Habs fan that I run into tends to be. Just my experiences, and maybe I expect too much with them being an original 6 with such a winning tradition.

Dr. Ogrodnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2011, 01:54 PM
Bardof425*

Quote:
Took it to them?

Yes, took it to them. When we had 8 or 9 rookies in the lineup we did not use that as an excuse. On the TSN board a host of Habs fans were whining about beating the Hamilton Bulldogs took and the refs. You know there are only five guys on the ice at the same time and it was Hamrlik and Gomez and Cammellari and Price and Subban and others who are regulars who were getting abused last night. Don't blame it on the kids. You got your ass wooped and Auld played great to keep it from getting to epic proportions. And don't use back to back as an excuse either; we don't. At least men don't.

Bardof425* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2011, 01:55 PM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

The only reason they aren't my most hated team is because they aren't in the same division as the Rangers. After PHI-NJ-NYI-PITT, MTL is easily #5 on that list. Can't stand their fanbase.

NYR Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2011, 01:56 PM
Bardof425*

Hab fans have a sense of entitlement. They are Yankee fans with an obnoxious French Canadian Heritage. Yes, the worst.

Old
03-19-2011, 01:57 PM
Bardof425*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noonansgoal View Post
It's freedom of speech, but its not peaceful, it instigates fights and violence.
That's fine and any self respecting New Yorker should beat them into the ground and then stick them on a train back to accomplish nothing land (aka Canada).

Old
03-19-2011, 01:59 PM
chip chipperson*

Quote:
Took it to them?

so price cant stop a beach ball because you have injuries?

chip chipperson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2011, 02:00 PM
chip chipperson*

cant stand habs fans but what annoys me even more are the fake playoff fans. fans that claim to be a fan of a team come playoff time. most commonly seen with the devils.

chip chipperson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2011, 02:04 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting36e View Post
The only reason they aren't my most hated team is because they aren't in the same division as the Rangers. After PHI-NJ-NYI-PITT, MTL is easily #5 on that list. Can't stand their fanbase.
Exactly. When people ask me "which teams do you hate the most?" I say "my division and the Habs."

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2011, 02:11 PM
John Torturella

Quote:

Habs fans are brutal, but at least they're loyal. I think the label "Worst Fans" should go to those who don't support their team when they're maybe not doing so great.
Freedom of speech does not apply in a non-public setting. Its a protection for citizens against the government. In a private venue like MSG, they can certainly control your actions, with people getting thrown out for cursing as an example.

John Torturella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2011, 02:23 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:

FWIW, at a private venue such as MSG, freedom of speech doesn't apply.

Not advocating for throwing someone out for it though, just saying.

nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2011, 02:30 PM
redline76

Bruins fan here coming in peace. Glad you rangers fans got a dose of what we have to deal with in Boston when Montreal comes to town. Disrespect is the name of the game. From booing the US anthem to their endless stupid Ole chant. A few years ago they held a mock stanley cup parade in front of the Boston Garden before game 3 of round 1. Yes round 1! Was so happy when we won that game.
Great to see the Rangers kick their diving butts last night.

redline76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2011, 02:40 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Yeah, they were brutal last night. On the way out they're chanting "24 Stanley Cups" after having their ***** beaten last night and bragging about how they're higher than us in the standings. I mean I was really in disbelief. Your team just got beat, just leave and don't say anything.

On another note, how ****ing stupid is MSG. During the Canadian anthem, they put the Habs fans on screen. Thankfully no Ranger fans booed but it was almost like MSG was trying to get them to. The Canadian anthem was actually cheered by both sides last night and so was our anthem. Granted I wasn't sitting near Habs fans so I couldn't tell you if they booed it but no one from our side booed there's.

NYRFAN218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2011, 02:42 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

I really need to go to a Habs game at MSG soon.

Seems like it'd be the experience of a lifetime.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2011, 02:49 PM
RegalRangers

vCash: 783
Habs fans are great fans. It's just that a lot of them are awful people.

RegalRangers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2011, 02:50 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
I really need to go to a Habs game at MSG soon.

Seems like it'd be the experience of a lifetime.
I went to the blowout last year back in January which was great too. They usually are good games since the crowd is into it from both sides but you definitely see stupidity come out from both sides. I'm really shocked there wasn't a mass brawl last night. If the Habs had taken control of the game, something definitely would have occurred in the crowd.

NYRFAN218 is offline   Reply With Quote