HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kovalev and Neal numbers discussion

Old
04-15-2011, 10:02 AM
regard

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderratedBrooks44 View Post
I'm still reeling from someone ranking Dengar ahead of a few bounty hunters. He was a fat old guy wrapped in bandages. He sucks.
If it wasnt for Dengar Boba Fett would never have survived the Sarlac Pitt, plus his wife was a hot dancer.

regard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 01:27 PM
Mr Jiggyfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckhog27 View Post
That has to wear the legs down after a while. At least he still has good hands.
Kovy has had bad knees for years - many people don't know that.

When he was traded to the Pens he was just coming off knee surgery a month or two before that and that was how many years ago? 13?

He has had recurring problems with his right knee especially for years.

Basically, his knees are pretty beat up, but again most people aren't aware of it.

We can't expect a 38 year old with beat up knees to be flying around like he was 22. It just won't happen - srry.

Mr Jiggyfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 01:31 PM
JTG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Jiggyfly View Post

When he was traded to the Pens he was just coming off knee surgery a month or two before that and that was how many years ago? 13?

Basically, his knees are pretty beat up, but again most people aren't aware of it.

We can't expect a 38 year old with beat up knees to be flying around like he was 22. It just won't happen - srry.
Which is why I can't see him being back. If you can't fly on this team, I don't think there's a place for you.

JTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 01:41 PM
TravisUlrich
Eternal Optimist

I was very glad to see Kovalev score first last game, more than I would have been to see anyone else score. To be as effective as he can be, Kovy needs that confidence. Guys like Neal, Kunitz, Staal, etc. are going to be a factor whether they're popping in goals or not.

Now what I'd really like to see is Kovalev score on the powerplay!

TravisUlrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 02:35 PM
SkullSplitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by standundefeated View Post
I can't help but laugh when reading your posts about Star Wars. I can't tell if you are serious or just trying to be funny, either way...
I am being serious, but for comedy. So both?

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderratedBrooks44 View Post
I'm still reeling from someone ranking Dengar ahead of a few bounty hunters. He was a fat old guy wrapped in bandages. He sucks.
Dengar had the parts of his brain that give him compassion, pity, and mercy surgically removed. Also, he's friends with Boba Fett. That makes him cool by association.

Also Dengar is cool in the old man who just doesn't give a **** kind of way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by regard View Post
If it wasnt for Dengar Boba Fett would never have survived the Sarlac Pitt, plus his wife was a hot dancer.
True.

SkullSplitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 03:06 PM
Mr Jiggyfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTG32005 View Post
Which is why I can't see him being back. If you can't fly on this team, I don't think there's a place for you.
Adams, Craig.

Things that are faster than Adams, Craig:

Lenny and Corky
AOL
Pinto
My wife's orgasm
Burger King drive thru

Old
04-15-2011, 03:12 PM
Don'tcry4mejanhrdina

Quote:

I'm pretty sure back in the 2001-2002 season he missed about a month because of a knee injury and had back to back hat tricks after he came back. He was awesome back then, even with the bad knees. I don't know how a guy with that much talent has never hit 100 points.

Don'tcry4mejanhrdina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 03:34 PM
Mr Jiggyfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don'tcry4mejanhrdina View Post
I'm pretty sure back in the 2001-2002 season he missed about a month because of a knee injury and had back to back hat tricks after he came back. He was awesome back then, even with the bad knees. I don't know how a guy with that much talent has never hit 100 points.
It is what it is with Kovy.

He half ***** it sometimes and still pisses on the best players in the world. It is comical at times to me that he didn't even feel like trying most nights and still made the best in the world look stupid.

It pisses others off that he didn't use all of his God given talent his whole career, but it isn't like he was trying to cure cancer. In the end this is still a game.

The same could be said of Lemieux. He would coast at the blueline and wait for outlet passes ALL THE TIME. Also, if he didn't chain smoke and lift cheesburgers in the off-season, who knows how many points he could of racked up. I'll always believe his bad back was because of his poor conditioning habits and not some stroke of bad luck that befell him.

However, both these guys showed/show up when it matters - that's all I care about really.

Old
04-15-2011, 04:49 PM
JTG

Quote:
Adams, Craig.

Things that are faster than Adams, Craig:

Lenny and Corky
AOL
Pinto
My wife's orgasm
Burger King drive thru
YT or it didn't happen. Just like Chuck Norris, eh Jig? All you need to do is point and say, "BOOYAH!"

And Lemieux's injury problems, aside from the cancer and heart arrhythmia, were a direct result of his lack of any sort of conditioning early in his career. I strongly believe that.

JTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 05:39 PM
Captain Hook
Olli Määttä

I wasn't aware of how long Kovy's had knee problems. I remember him taking a huge knee on knee hit during his last season with us. I think he dodged a bullet and avoided injury. I just remember it because we all knew he was going to be trade bait that year. I think my heart stopped when the hit happened. The hit looked really bad and I thought he could miss the rest of the year and we'd lose him for nothing. I guess it didn't matter since we still lost him for nothing anyway. We got Rico Fata, cash and some other crap. It was rumored Toronto offered Antropov and a 1st at the time, but the Pens wanted all that cash from the Rangers more than good players/picks in return. I understood why but I'm sure glad those times are gone.

Captain Hook is offline   Reply With Quote