Suspensions Handed Out From The Elmira/Reading Fiasco On Saturday

Old
03-22-2011, 03:18 PM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

vCash: 500
Suspensions Handed Out From The Elmira/Reading Fiasco On Saturday

http://www.echl.com/echl-announces-f...nsions-p170208

Not sure if anybody here has really followed this whole thing or not.

Justin Donati got 3 games(the league minimum he could have got) Donati took a major for spearing and apparently physically abused the official(I have no idea what he did, somebody told me he threw his gloves at the guy)

Oren Eizenman got 5. I'm still wondering why. He was pretty mad when he got thrown out of the game, his chin was bleeding. Something doesn't add up here, I think he got the short end of the stick.

The funny thing is neither player is very physical. Eizenman had to be REALLY steamed and had to have had some legit case for why he was that mad. I had somebody who went to the game tell me that he was checked pretty hard earlier in the game, and Donati isn't a guy to get mad or attempt to get physically in any real way. Both of these guys were DEFINITELY well out of character so something had to have happened to send them off the deep end. The ref was Nick Krebsbach (8), i've never seen the guy ref before and i'm not sure I want to. This is the game sheet: http://echl.com/stats/game-summary.php?game_id=8616
Looked like he had VERY LITTLE interest in even attempting to let these guys play 5 on 5.

I haven't been able to stumble across any video for any of this game, so I was wondering if anybody here has. I'd be definitely interested in seeing these things for myself.

SFTC Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2011, 05:09 PM
royals119

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackalsfan1 View Post
http://www.echl.com/echl-announces-f...nsions-p170208.

Justin Donati got 3 games(the league minimum he could have got) Donati took a major for spearing and apparently physically abused the official(I have no idea what he did, somebody told me he threw his gloves at the guy)
He hit/shoved the linesman on his way to the bench, then while he was on the bench threw his stick and gloves at the linesman/ref. The rule states any players who throws any equipment at, or in the general direction of, an official... Donati is a whiner - he just took it to a new level in that game. He got checked, didn't like it, skated the length of the ice to spear the player who checked him, then didn't like it when the ref tossed him, for what is an automatic major penalty and misconduct.

Quote:
Oren Eizenman got 5. I'm still wondering why. He was pretty mad when he got thrown out of the game, his chin was bleeding. Something doesn't add up here, I think he got the short end of the stick.
A jackal player was hurt and laying in the corner, away from the play in the Jackal's zone. The Royals had the puck, so play wasn't stopped. The Royals scored on the play. Eizenman was upset that the play wasn't stopped. He should know the rules - play isn't stopped until the injured player's team gets possession of the puck, unless it is the goalie, or the Ref feels the player is in danger. I'm not sure if Eizenman was the injured player or not. Jackals coach had to physically restrain Eizenman from going after the officials, and he also threw equipment onto the ice after being ejected.

Quote:
The funny thing is neither player is very physical. Eizenman had to be REALLY steamed and had to have had some legit case for why he was that mad. I had somebody who went to the game tell me that he was checked pretty hard earlier in the game, and Donati isn't a guy to get mad or attempt to get physically in any real way. Both of these guys were DEFINITELY well out of character so something had to have happened to send them off the deep end. The ref was Nick Krebsbach (8), i've never seen the guy ref before and i'm not sure I want to. This is the game sheet: http://echl.com/stats/game-summary.php?game_id=8616
Looked like he had VERY LITTLE interest in even attempting to let these guys play 5 on 5.

I haven't been able to stumble across any video for any of this game, so I was wondering if anybody here has. I'd be definitely interested in seeing these things for myself.
The behavior of both players was no surprise to me. Seen plenty of Jackals/Royals games like that the last few years - both teams seem to get under each other's skins easily, and if the Ref doesn't take control, both teams feel wronged and start taking cheap shots away from the play. I thought it was Martinson's influence that made the Jackals prone to losing their cool, since he had such a short fuse - maybe the new coach is the same way?

Sorry I didn't get any video - it was fun to watch as a Royals fan, probably not so much as a Jackals fan - but Friday was exactly the opposite.

royals119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2011, 07:29 PM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

Quote:
Originally Posted by royals119 View Post
He hit/shoved the linesman on his way to the bench, then while he was on the bench threw his stick and gloves at the linesman/ref. The rule states any players who throws any equipment at, or in the general direction of, an official... Donati is a whiner - he just took it to a new level in that game. He got checked, didn't like it, skated the length of the ice to spear the player who checked him, then didn't like it when the ref tossed him, for what is an automatic major penalty and misconduct.

A jackal player was hurt and laying in the corner, away from the play in the Jackal's zone. The Royals had the puck, so play wasn't stopped. The Royals scored on the play. Eizenman was upset that the play wasn't stopped. He should know the rules - play isn't stopped until the injured player's team gets possession of the puck, unless it is the goalie, or the Ref feels the player is in danger. I'm not sure if Eizenman was the injured player or not. Jackals coach had to physically restrain Eizenman from going after the officials, and he also threw equipment onto the ice after being ejected.

The behavior of both players was no surprise to me. Seen plenty of Jackals/Royals games like that the last few years - both teams seem to get under each other's skins easily, and if the Ref doesn't take control, both teams feel wronged and start taking cheap shots away from the play. I thought it was Martinson's influence that made the Jackals prone to losing their cool, since he had such a short fuse - maybe the new coach is the same way?

Sorry I didn't get any video - it was fun to watch as a Royals fan, probably not so much as a Jackals fan - but Friday was exactly the opposite.
Hey Labelle is a lot like what you described Donati!(Okay fine really it's Tifu, but Tifu at the end of the day is the better player)

So what I thought happened DID happen. I knew he went after that guy for a reason or another. He hasn't hit anybody in nearly 2 years. His brothers attitude is WAY worse. I actually like Justin's attitude and i'm finally glad the kid showed some emotion. He never has before.

I still don't quite get why Labelle didn't get a game for that late charge, that was obviously in some form of retaliation. Especially given it was under a minute to go, he shoulda just let the game end.

Part of that makes sense, thats the first time I heard a guy was down on the ice. Neither broadcaster gave me that detail. But if his chin was bleeding it makes me think it was him. It may not have been but if not it still doesn't explain that incident.

Eizenman hardly counts, we've had him for about a months worth of play. I hate to burst both fanbases bubbles but i'm not going to say it's a rivalry, maybe for the fans it is but that doesn't mean for the players it is. I hate Labelle(most Jackals fans do) and you guys seem to hate Tifu the most. But as for on the ice, there is NOBODY still around from year 1, heck barely from year 2.(Not sure if Gordon or Cruthers actually played in a Royals/Jackals Game down the stretch of that year.)

See the thing is, I believe you can take TOO MUCH control, I don't mind if you call somethings, but make the same calls both ways. Also let them play, this kid called anything and everything. i think I would grow frustrated if everytime I wanted to finish a check I knew i'd be called for a penalty, this isn't Florida where that fancy crap sells.

Robbie was a tougher player but considering that crap we saw the first half of the season plus it was insulting to us(and probably to Robbie) the games were BORING win or lose, no emotion, no heart, very little excitement. Even the Wins were boring. I think Robbie who has lived here for 5 years now has a grasp what will work here and what won't. To his credit he tried something, admitted it didn't work and his salvaged it. Even I as a diehard was questioning if I would continue to go back next year if Cameron was back. I truly believe in the philosophy of your team should play to the town. This isn't Florida, it isn't some fancy life style where we go to the beach everyday in shorts and party from sun up to sun down. We might be the smallest market in the minors now. We are a blue collar type town that scratches for every penny we earn. We want to be entertained with some excitement, watching guys finish checks is exciting. That crap Cameron pulled was a drag. Worked in Florida but no shock to me. So a team like our city would be a tough physical team(especially at home) take no prisoners, protect our house, this is our house you play by our rules we don't play by yours. you aren't going to push us around, etc. As for the road, I wish they would play a little less physical but still to the point where they won't back down just because they are on the road. I thought Flyers fans would understand this WELL with their given rep throughout the NHL.

Personally I just think by now the teams are sick of eachother(and I conquer) It gets really old that atleast half of the home games I see are Trenton and Reading. I'm sure Royals and Devils fans have the same type of feel.

The sad part is this weekend when we played it(even Sunday) I thought we were the better team....and where the heck did McSwissCheeseney suddenly learn to play goalie? We might as well have stuck a pylon out there in net over him when he was here

Old
03-23-2011, 01:25 PM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

Found out why Eizenman got 5 games. His stick hit a metal railling and apparently he hit a fan with it. To me it's all a he said/he said kind of a deal. The fan says he was hit but 2 Jackals employees said they saw it and that it's not true. So it sounds like the person wasn't attended to for it to be noticeable. For this I think 2 things should have been done, this person show the mark where he claims he/she was hit. Even that isn't enough in my book. That mark they show could have come from anywhere for all I or others may know. The logical approach is to look at it on film(if there is even access)to see if this fan really got hit(yes it could make all the difference in the world in the length of the suspension.)