HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

How many spots are available at camp?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-23-2011, 01:57 PM
  #1
MorrisWanchuk
Registered User
 
MorrisWanchuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 2,930
vCash: 500
How many spots are available at camp?

Mods - if this is too early, i understand.

I just wondered how many spots are going to be up for grabs during this Summer's camp.

Goalies:
0 places available
- Biron & Hank are under contract.


Defense:
Under contract - Staal, Danny G, McDonagh.
RFA - Sauer, Gilroy - Sauer is for sure getting re-signed. Gilroy is 50/50.
UFA - Emminger & McCabe - i'm really not sure if we re-sign neither or both, though due to lack of experience at the blueline it's most likely one gets re-signed.

Defensive spots - between 1-2? (one of which is likely MDZ).


Forwards
Still under contract: Gaby, WW, Avery, Boogard, MZA, EC, Stepan, Prust, Drury
RFA: Dubi, Cally, AA & BB - you have to figure they re-sign.
UFA: Frolov, Vinny, Feds - I think we resign Feds & possibly Vinny.

That is 15 forwards, perhaps 14 minus Vinny and 13 minus Drury if he retires or is bought out (both of which are unlikely imo).

So how many forward places are available - maybe 1? possibly 2? (Could that 1 be a big free agent called Brad Richards?)


It seems therefore that there isn't much room for the prospects next camp. Could be as little as one D (Vtank?) and one F (Grachev?).


just wondering what others thought...

MorrisWanchuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2011, 02:09 PM
  #2
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat
 
wolfgaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 12,098
vCash: 500
Drury is a lock to be bought out if he doesn't willingly retire.... Bank on it...

wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2011, 02:15 PM
  #3
silverfish
Mr. Glass
 
silverfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Standing on a Train
Country: United States
Posts: 15,296
vCash: 500
Kreider - Richards - Gaborik
Dubinsky - Anisimov - Callahan
Grachev - Stepan - Zuccarello
Weise/Hagelin - Boyle - Prust

Staal - Girardi
McDonagh - Sauer
DZ/Valenteko/Kundratek - Paul Mara

I'm confident Kreider is going to turn pro and turn heads in training camp.

Rangers seem very committed to growing the kids together and this sort of lineup implements more youth and keeps the core intact.

A major reason this team is more successful than last year's team IMHO is the lack of turnover from last seasons roster, should keep pace with that plan, let everyone develop and go.

silverfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2011, 02:23 PM
  #4
MorrisWanchuk
Registered User
 
MorrisWanchuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 2,930
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfish View Post
Kreider - Richards - Gaborik
Dubinsky - Anisimov - Callahan
Grachev - Stepan - Zuccarello
Weise/Hagelin - Boyle - Prust

Staal - Girardi
McDonagh - Sauer
DZ/Valenteko/Kundratek - Paul Mara

I'm confident Kreider is going to turn pro and turn heads in training camp.

Rangers seem very committed to growing the kids together and this sort of lineup implements more youth and keeps the core intact.

A major reason this team is more successful than last year's team IMHO is the lack of turnover from last seasons roster, should keep pace with that plan, let everyone develop and go.

kind of surprised that you don't see a role for Fedotenko. I think his utility as a role player in all positions has been pretty key this year.

MorrisWanchuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2011, 02:26 PM
  #5
silverfish
Mr. Glass
 
silverfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Standing on a Train
Country: United States
Posts: 15,296
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorrisWanchuk View Post
kind of surprised that you don't see a role for Fedotenko. I think his utility as a role player in all positions has been pretty key this year.
More youth. Guys like Grachev and Weise need to be given the opportunity to battle for a spot (again) and I think they'll end up winners this time around.

silverfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2011, 02:31 PM
  #6
New York RKY
Moderator
Let's Go Rangers!
 
New York RKY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Dirty Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 12,081
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfish View Post
Kreider - Richards - Gaborik
Dubinsky - Anisimov - Callahan
Grachev - Stepan - Zuccarello
Weise/Hagelin - Boyle - Prust

Staal - Girardi
McDonagh - Sauer
DZ/Valenteko/Kundratek - Paul Mara

I'm confident Kreider is going to turn pro and turn heads in training camp.

Rangers seem very committed to growing the kids together and this sort of lineup implements more youth and keeps the core intact.

A major reason this team is more successful than last year's team IMHO is the lack of turnover from last seasons roster, should keep pace with that plan, let everyone develop and go.
I am in LOVE with that team.

However I agree with the above poster that Fedotenko, at least in my opinion, is a lock to be back next year. Torts seems to still love him and he has done a great job for us.

I am not sure what you did with Wolski either? but I think that 3rd line, the Stepan line, will stay together as well.

The only other thing I would say is that I think they will give Kreider every chance to make the team and if he doesn't I could see them trying to bring back Prospal.

__________________
New York RKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2011, 02:39 PM
  #7
Inferno
HFB Partner
 
Inferno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 20,075
vCash: 500
i havent seen anything from Weise to make me think hes an NHLer

heres what I would like our team to look like next season....

Kreider - Richards - Gaborik
Dubinsky - Anisimov - Callahan
Wolski - Stepan - MZA
Grachev - Boyle - Prust

Staal - Girardi
Sauer - McDonagh
MDZ - Valentenko/Kundratek


Bringing in Richards and buying out Drury will necessitate all these kids...but im ok with it. and yes, Kreider on the first line to play with a Gabby and Richards, the kid has the ability to play with these guys as a support player while they do their thing.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2011, 02:41 PM
  #8
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash
 
BlueshirtBlitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 18,896
vCash: 500
I imagine:

W2-Richards-Gabs
Pack Line
Kreider-Stepan-MZA
Feds-Boyle-Prust

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2011, 02:43 PM
  #9
New York RKY
Moderator
Let's Go Rangers!
 
New York RKY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Dirty Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 12,081
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
I imagine:

W2-Richards-Gabs
Pack Line
Kreider-Stepan-MZA
Feds-Boyle-Prust
Yep that's about right.

The only spot that is open for debate is Kreider. Not really sure if he makes the team (although I think he will), but if he doesn't, like I said before, I could see them bringing back Prospal for 1 yr, 1 mill.

New York RKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2011, 02:45 PM
  #10
Darrelle Lundqvist
Swagelin
 
Darrelle Lundqvist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 1,781
vCash: 500
I like Hagelin's chances in a third or fourth line spot.

Darrelle Lundqvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2011, 03:01 PM
  #11
Claxton
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 491
vCash: 500
I would also like to see on defense...

Staal-Girardi
Mcdonagh-Sauer
Del Zotto-McIlrath

Ignoring the fact Del Zotto and McIlrath may need a lot more time in the minors, you have to admit that would be awesome if it all worked out. A coach like Torts with the confidence and personality of McIlrath would be a perfect development combo.

Claxton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2011, 03:22 PM
  #12
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat
 
wolfgaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 12,098
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinghenrik213 View Post
I like Hagelin's chances in a third or fourth line spot.
Definitely.... Easily the most experienced and complete player among all of our prospects not in the NHL.... Torts places a strong emphasis on defensive competency, so it's a prerequisite for being inserted into the line-up.... Hagelin will have it.

wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2011, 03:24 PM
  #13
ecemleafs
Registered User
 
ecemleafs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: New York
Posts: 10,419
vCash: 500
2 on D and 3 or 4 on offense.

ecemleafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2011, 03:54 PM
  #14
NY Lito
Blueshirt Pride
 
NY Lito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 935
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfish View Post
More youth. Guys like Grachev and Weise need to be given the opportunity to battle for a spot (again) and I think they'll end up winners this time around.
Grachev has done nothing to warrant a spot on the roster ahead of Feds. A 32-year old Feds is 100x better than Grachev. He has been mediocre in the AHL and invisible in the games he's played in NY. Also, why would Grachev be put on the 4th line? It would be useless to have him here. And Weise is the next Byers/Dupont. Career AHLer.

If any youth is getting on this team it is Hagelin. He has a two-way game that would make him great on that 3rd/4th line role.

Kreider also has all the opportunity to make the team this summer. I can see both of these players making the team.

Defensively I would like to see Valentenko become the 6th/7th role shared with Eminger. I think Eminger has done enough to be resigned for next year. Hopefully MDZ returns as well with a strong camp, preseason, and start of next season. Our top 4 next year of Staal, Girardi, McD, and Sauer is so young and so solid.

NY Lito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2011, 03:54 PM
  #15
MorrisWanchuk
Registered User
 
MorrisWanchuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 2,930
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claxton View Post
I would also like to see on defense...

Staal-Girardi
Mcdonagh-Sauer
Del Zotto-McIlrath

Ignoring the fact Del Zotto and McIlrath may need a lot more time in the minors, you have to admit that would be awesome if it all worked out. A coach like Torts with the confidence and personality of McIlrath would be a perfect development combo.
this is probably the line up for 2012-2013. i don't see McIlrath playing next year.

MorrisWanchuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2011, 04:20 PM
  #16
babyshamble
Registered User
 
babyshamble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Oslo/Bangkok
Country: Norway
Posts: 285
vCash: 500
Hank
Biron

Staal-Girardi
McDonagh-Sauer
MDZ- Emminger


Gaborik-Richards-MZA
Dubinsky-Anisimov-Cally
Wolski-Stepan-Kreider/Hagelin
Feds-Boyle-Prust

Healthy scratch: EC,Avery ?

babyshamble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2011, 04:28 PM
  #17
MorrisWanchuk
Registered User
 
MorrisWanchuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 2,930
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by babyshamble View Post
Hank
Biron

Staal-Girardi
McDonagh-Sauer
MDZ- Emminger


Gaborik-Richards-MZA
Dubinsky-Anisimov-Cally
Wolski-Stepan-Kreider/Hagelin
Feds-Boyle-Prust

Healthy scratch: EC,Avery ?
I think this is closer to what i was thinking when i started the thread. If we assume MDZ comes back on D and we re-sign Emminger, that doesn't leave much room for anyone else - who'll be the 7th D??? perhaps a newly signed vet D man (McCabe on a lower contract), or perhaps Emminger gets the 7th and Vtank plays (though he's a lefty and so is MDZ).

With the forwards, assuming we get Richards to replace Drury (and that's a big assumption still) then there will be likely be one wing spot up for grabs - And that may get shared between Kreider & Hagelin or Grachev (though his reputation is falling at the moment).

MorrisWanchuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2011, 04:29 PM
  #18
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo
 
BroadwayBlues's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 8,043
vCash: 500
My dreams:

Dubinsky--Richards--Gaborik
Krieder--Stepan--Callahan
Zuccarello--Anisimov--Thomas
Prust--Werek--Boyle

Staal--Girardi
McD--Sauer
MDZ--McIlrath


BroadwayBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2011, 04:41 PM
  #19
NY Lito
Blueshirt Pride
 
NY Lito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 935
vCash: 500
I would think this is the most likely team next year:

Wolski-Richards-Gaborik
Dubinsky-AA-Cally
Hagelin-Stepan-MZA
Feds-Boyle-Prust

Staal-Girardi
McD-Sauer
MDZ/V-Tank/Eminger

Hank
Biron

I would love to see Kreider replace Wolski though. I think he needs some more fine-tuning though, maybe be a mid-season call-up like McD was this year.

NY Lito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2011, 04:47 PM
  #20
Fitzy
All Is Well
 
Fitzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 19,925
vCash: 500
Won't be possible to tell until we're well into UFA, will it?

__________________
"I have something better than proof: I have anecdotal evidence."
Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2011, 05:03 PM
  #21
Ola
Registered User
 
Ola's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 17,677
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorrisWanchuk View Post
Mods - if this is too early, i understand.

I just wondered how many spots are going to be up for grabs during this Summer's camp.

Goalies:
0 places available
- Biron & Hank are under contract.

Defense:
Under contract - Staal, Danny G, McDonagh.
RFA - Sauer, Gilroy - Sauer is for sure getting re-signed. Gilroy is 50/50.
UFA - Emminger & McCabe - i'm really not sure if we re-sign neither or both, though due to lack of experience at the blueline it's most likely one gets re-signed.

Defensive spots - between 1-2? (one of which is likely MDZ).


Forwards
Still under contract: Gaby, WW, Avery, Boogard, MZA, EC, Stepan, Prust, Drury
RFA: Dubi, Cally, AA & BB - you have to figure they re-sign.
UFA: Frolov, Vinny, Feds - I think we resign Feds & possibly Vinny.

That is 15 forwards, perhaps 14 minus Vinny and 13 minus Drury if he retires or is bought out (both of which are unlikely imo).

So how many forward places are available - maybe 1? possibly 2? (Could that 1 be a big free agent called Brad Richards?)

It seems therefore that there isn't much room for the prospects next camp. Could be as little as one D (Vtank?) and one F (Grachev?).

just wondering what others thought...
Odds are that there are no spots up for grabs on paper at least going into caps.

And there really aren't any reason to have a spot up for grabs, since we do not have a need that one of the kids can fill either (like this summer when we desperately needed creativity, and really desperately needed creativity when Prospals knee start to swell up).

Grachev, Kreider and McIlrath, and everyone else, will more then well get their chance after season starts when people starts to get injured.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2011, 05:19 PM
  #22
White Plains Batman
Faceoffs? Faceoffs!!
 
White Plains Batman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Westchester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 2,643
vCash: 500
Ideally;

Dubinsky-Richards-Gaborik
Kreider-Anisimov-Callahan
Wolski-Stepan-Zuccarello
Prust-Boyle-Hagelin

Extras; Avery, Christensen and Boogard gets Whale'd.

Staal-Girardi
Sauer-McD
Probably MDZ- Probably Valentenko but the bottom pair could be anyone of those two or a combo of McCabe, Markov, Ehrhoff, Kundratek, Pashnian, McLIrath, Pitkannen, Corvo

Henrik
Biron

White Plains Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2011, 06:12 PM
  #23
xxxZENxxx
Registered User
 
xxxZENxxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 439
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorrisWanchuk View Post
kind of surprised that you don't see a role for Fedotenko. I think his utility as a role player in all positions has been pretty key this year.
Feds is just that... a utility role player. If a kid can fill his spot, he won't be back. Otherwise they might re-sign him at the end of the summer.

xxxZENxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2011, 06:15 PM
  #24
xxxZENxxx
Registered User
 
xxxZENxxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 439
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Plains Batman View Post
Ideally;

Dubinsky-Richards-Gaborik
Kreider-Anisimov-Callahan
Wolski-Stepan-Zuccarello
Prust-Boyle-Hagelin

Extras; Avery, Christensen and Boogard gets Whale'd.

Staal-Girardi
Sauer-McD
Probably MDZ- Probably Valentenko but the bottom pair could be anyone of those two or a combo of McCabe, Markov, Ehrhoff, Kundratek, Pashnian, McLIrath, Pitkannen, Corvo

Henrik
Biron
Listen to this poster... he is right on. Kreider is the only question mark in this entire projection, based on whether he turns pro or is even ready for the NHL. Any number of possibilities (another prospect, UFA signing/re-signing) could fill that role though. I am sure the organization badly wants Grachev to be on the big club next season, but we know how things have gone in the AHL so far.

Good stuff!

xxxZENxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2011, 06:38 PM
  #25
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him
 
nyr2k2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Washington, DC
Country: United States
Posts: 23,404
vCash: 500
Awards:
No way to know right now. Before nest season begins, we'll likely have a few UFA signings, and possibly a few trades.

If I had to guess, I'd say two forward spots and one spot on defense.

__________________

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:02 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.