HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Chicago Blackhawks v. Florida Panthers 3/23

Old
03-23-2011, 09:05 PM
Jeffrey Lebowski
Luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rush22 View Post
I was just arguing with someone today about Brouwer flubbing wide open looks... lmao.
That puck wasn't even in his wheelhouse and besides, someone deflected it anyways... which is why it landed on top of the net. You see what you wanna see, I guess.

Jeffrey Lebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2011, 09:05 PM
Rush22*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadhouseOnMadison View Post
Who the hell would argue against that?
It is in a recent thread, someone tried arguing Brouwer is a good finisher. I simply reminded them how often he messes up wide open looks. Sadly I think I jinxed a goal by bringing that up...

Rush22* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2011, 09:06 PM
deytookerjaabs
Registered Smut User

Quote:
It is in a recent thread, someone tried arguing Brouwer is a good finisher. I simply reminded them how often he messes up wide open looks. Sadly I think I jinxed a goal by bringing that up...
Nope, only Brouwer is responsible for screwing up all those chances.

deytookerjaabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2011, 09:08 PM
ruggaduck
Duck walking...

Hjalmarsson One Goal commercial

ruggaduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2011, 09:09 PM
icekoob

Hossa penalty. ugh.

icekoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2011, 09:09 PM
nbozich22

here it comes

nbozich22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2011, 09:10 PM
deytookerjaabs
Registered Smut User

Uhg, horrible PK against....FLORIDA.

deytookerjaabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2011, 09:11 PM
Rush22*

Something looks off about Crawford tonight, I could be wrong because he has not faced a clean look yet but he looks a bit off.

Also our PK makes me cry.

Old
03-23-2011, 09:15 PM
icekoob

snoozer from the 5 minutes I actually got to see.

icekoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Jeffrey Lebowski
Luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

I know Seabrook is physical, but can he just stop for a while? He seems to put himself out of position every time he tries... please only take the body if you have him lined up.

Old
Retail1LO

Send a message via ICQ to Retail1LO Send a message via AIM to Retail1LO Send a message via MSN to Retail1LO
Kruger on pace for 7 and 1/2 minutes this evening. Don't understand dragging a guy across the Atlantic for that.

Retail1LO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2011, 09:16 PM
Retail1LO

Send a message via ICQ to Retail1LO Send a message via AIM to Retail1LO Send a message via MSN to Retail1LO
Quote:
Originally Posted by icekoob View Post
snoozer from the 5 minutes I actually got to see.
Snoozer from the other 15 too. You missed nothing. 1st period had all that passion of a pair of tit mice.

Old
03-23-2011, 09:16 PM
ruggaduck
Duck walking...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retail1LO View Post
Kruger on pace for 7 and 1/2 minutes this evening. Don't understand dragging a guy across the Atlantic for that.
I figure they'll work him into the rotation slowly.

ruggaduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2011, 09:18 PM
Rush22*

Quote:
Snoozer from the other 15 too. You missed nothing. 1st period had all that passion of a pair of tit mice.
What the...?

Who cares about "passion" we played smart hockey and controlled the puck. I liked that period a lot, outside of that terrible penalty kill. Why do people crave passion and physical play so much, when smart responsible hockey is what wins us games.

Old
Retail1LO

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruggaduck View Post
I figure they'll work him into the rotation slowly.
Yeah...I guess they weren't looking for an immediate substitution for center on the 2nd line.

Old
Jeffrey Lebowski
Luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Quote:
Because:
-He otherwise wouldn't be playing organized hockey right now (his season/playoffs in SEL are over)
-Organization wants to see what he can do in preparation of next year
-It's his first NHL game, Q wants to give him just a few minutes to get his feet wet... maybe it'll increase as the game goes on
-He feels he's ready for the NHL, so he wants to play in the NHL. Hawks want him to as well.
-He's a center, a position we're depleted in right now

I mean, just because he's not eating huge minutes doesn't mean his existence on this roster is meaningless.

Old
03-23-2011, 09:21 PM
Rush22*

Quote:
What would not make sense would be giving significant minuets to a rookie who has no experience playing on NA ice while your team is in a midst of a late season playoff race with 2 games to go.

Give it time, break Kruger in slowly and let him get comfortable.

Old
03-23-2011, 09:21 PM
Retail1LO

Quote:
What the...?

Who cares about "passion" we played smart hockey and controlled the puck. I liked that period a lot, outside of that terrible penalty kill. Why do people crave passion and physical play so much, when smart responsible hockey is what wins us games.
I didn't say the game wasn't played smart. It was just a yawn. I just wish someone on this team could hit without putting himself out of position by as much as a time zone. I think we trail the entire league in hits.

It would surprise me if we didn't, much the way it surprises me we're in the top 5 on the powerplay.

Smart responsible hockey wins us games. Yes. But in case you haven't noticed, we're on the edge of not even making the post season. Some physical play and passion could actually have put a couple more W's under our belt. There are at least 10 other teams playing responsible hockey in the Western Conference. What do you feel the difference between them, and us is?

Old
03-23-2011, 09:24 PM
Retail1LO

Quote:
What the...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shartmcgart View Post
Because:
-He otherwise wouldn't be playing organized hockey right now (his season/playoffs in SEL are over)
-Organization wants to see what he can do in preparation of next year
-It's his first NHL game, Q wants to give him just a few minutes to get his feet wet... maybe it'll increase as the game goes on
-He feels he's ready for the NHL, so he wants to play in the NHL. Hawks want him to as well.
-He's a center, a position we're depleted in right now

I mean, just because he's not eating huge minutes doesn't mean his existence on this roster is meaningless.
I didn't say it was meaningless. If I wanted to convey that thought, I'd have said it, seeing as how I have perfect command over the English language. I'm aware we're depleted at center. So much so, I figured he'd have come over to fill in some of the minutes we lost there...not to be plugged in on the 4th line. I mean...I'm not complaining about it, I just didn't think that's what he was brought in to do at this particular moment.

Old
BobbyJet
HFB Partner

Quote:
Something looks off about Crawford tonight, I could be wrong because he has not faced a clean look yet but he looks a bit off.

Also our PK makes me cry.
Crawford has looked off for a while now. He's scarey in the nets these days.

BobbyJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
RedBaronIndian
Rest in Peace

Quote:
I didn't say the game wasn't played smart. It was just a yawn. I just wish someone on this team could hit without putting himself out of position by as much as a time zone. I think we trail the entire league in hits.

It would surprise me if we didn't, much the way it surprises me we're in the top 5 on the powerplay.

Smart responsible hockey wins us games. Yes. But in case you haven't noticed, we're on the edge of not even making the post season. Some physical play and passion could actually have put a couple more W's under our belt. There are at least 10 other teams playing responsible hockey in the Western Conference. What do you feel the difference between them, and us is?
Fans who ***** and moan about anything and everything

RedBaronIndian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2011, 09:25 PM
Patkane

Quote:
Kruger is on pace for 10 and 1/2 minutes. He played 3:33 in the first period. What's the problem?

Patkane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2011, 09:26 PM
Retail1LO

Quote:
What would not make sense would be giving significant minuets to a rookie who has no experience playing on NA ice while your team is in a midst of a late season playoff race with 2 games to go.

Give it time, break Kruger in slowly and let him get comfortable.
Again...I didn't say I was unhappy with his ice time. I had just figured he was brought in for a bit more than that. I'm also aware we're in a playoff race. I'd just like to see if he's someone that could fill in the gaps we have to get us in the playoffs. With so few games remaining...I don't think you can find that out by easing him in. Sometimes you have to toss a guy in the fire and see what he can do.

Again...I'm fine with where he's at, but would like to see them cut a guy loose...a la Leddy.

Old
03-23-2011, 09:26 PM
BobbyJet
HFB Partner

Quote:

Yep.... not enough passion, not enough grit. Led by Keith unfortunately.

BobbyJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2011, 09:27 PM
Rush22*

Quote:

That is 100% meaningless. Niklas Lidstrom never shows emotions and is not physical at all... he only has 6 Norris Trophies and 4 Stanley Cups.

You're trying to make the suggestion that passion and hitting is tangible to winning hockey games when it is the furthest thing from it.

I can care less if you're not entertained, I want to watch my team skate off the ice with 2 points. That is what is entertaining to me.