Notices

Ryder

Old
03-23-2011, 08:28 AM
Jack Donaghy
Good God Lemon

vCash: 500
Ryder

I am done defending this guy. Shoot the freaking puck and stop trying to deke through everyone. You're not a very good stickhandler. You're not going to fake too many defenders and have an easy path to the goal. Stick to what got you here - SHOOT!!!

Jack Donaghy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2011, 08:35 AM
FearTheBear
6-15-11

He drives me nuts with his dipsy doo crap.
I wouldn't mind it so much if he actually scored on some of those one man rushes that usually ends up being a bad turnover.
I doubt he will change, he's been doing the same thing for 3 years with this team.

Last edited by FearTheBear: 03-23-2011 at 08:50 AM.
FearTheBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2011, 08:41 AM
willy29

Will the Bruins resign Ryder? Not sure he is worth the $4M he is getting this year, but would take him back for another year for $2-3M a season. Probably suited for the third line.

willy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2011, 08:42 AM
HortonHearsAWoo
In the pipe, 5-on-5

Welcome to the dark side, TC.

HortonHearsAWoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2011, 08:45 AM
lextune
I'm too old for this

Quote:
Originally Posted by willy29 View Post
Not sure he is worth the $4M he is getting this year
"Not sure"?

He has not been worth half of that. He has blown.

Floats around, occasionally scores (rarely) and has a team worst (outside of Savvy who only played 25 games) -5.

lextune is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2011, 08:45 AM
bruinsfan1970
Global Moderator
B's Win!!B's Win!!

If Ryder could be signed for 1.5 I would say yes but I don't think he is worth much more than that and I hope we see some new faces in the offseason.

bruinsfan1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2011, 08:47 AM
LSCII
Dark Cloud

This just in......Ryder is bad, and has been bad for two years now.

Carry on.

LSCII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2011, 08:48 AM
BruinsPortugal

Sick of him, and now he never passes the damn puck.
Cant wait to see this guy gone.

BruinsPortugal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2011, 08:51 AM
Lady Rhian
St. McQuaid he aint

I've had enough of him. Never wanted him on the team in the first place. Now that we're stuck with him until the end of this season, I'm crossing my fingers that he doesn't get resigned over the summer. Same with Rex. Both are dragging Bergie down with them.

Lady Rhian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2011, 08:55 AM
SerenityRick

Send a message via AIM to SerenityRick
At one point during the game last night he tried those inside-out, stickhandling moves through 2 or 3 guys when he had Campbell and/or Thornton breaking to his right which he easily could have dished to and instead tried going up through the middle like he does every single game and it quickly turns into a break for NJ..

I just sat there and yelled "seriously Ryder!? Are you serious?"

Extremely frustrating.

SerenityRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2011, 08:58 AM
Jack Donaghy
Good God Lemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerenityRick View Post
At one point during the game last night he tried those inside-out, stickhandling moves through 2 or 3 guys when he had Campbell and/or Thornton breaking to his right which he easily could have dished to and instead tried going up through the middle like he does every single game and it quickly turns into a break for NJ..

I just sat there and yelled "seriously Ryder!? Are you serious?"

Extremely frustrating.
I rarely yell at the TV (at least during the regular season) but last night he made me do that. We need a hungrier, harder-working player in his spot next season.

Old
03-23-2011, 08:59 AM
Bruinsfan_37
Stanley Cup Champs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Rhian View Post
I've had enough of him. Never wanted him on the team in the first place. Now that we're stuck with him until the end of this season, I'm crossing my fingers that he doesn't get resigned over the summer. Same with Rex. Both are dragging Bergie down with them.
same here, I really hope Chia doesn't bring him back

Bruinsfan_37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2011, 09:00 AM
BrainOfJ
Call it a comeback

Yeah I don't know when he decided he was the second coming of Pavel Datsyuk, but his hands suck. Can't wait until he's gone next year, regardless of how well he does in the first round of the playoffs

BrainOfJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2011, 09:07 AM
lopey

Ryder is done after this year. We have to many young guys waiting to play on the big club. Seguin will get his time next year...

lopey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2011, 09:08 AM
doubleminor138
Look into my eyes

I'd take Ryder over a couple of guys on this team, but not sat his pay scale. If he takes a serious discount, I would consider it. Earlier in the season I thought $3 million would be fine, now I think $2.5 is more reasoable. And this is only a good idea if the Bruins can't bring in a real top 6 forward.

A true fan who will always be remembered.
doubleminor138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2011, 09:12 AM
hotweaselsoup
VICTORY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by heelsox View Post
Yeah I don't know when he decided he was the second coming of Pavel Datsyuk, but his hands suck. Can't wait until he's gone next year, regardless of how well he does in the first round of the playoffs
He's been thinking that way for a looooong time. I remember when we signed him, a Habs fan was over here discussing him and mentioned that Ryder "thought he was better than he actually was". Ryder's a poor stickhandler, but what's worse is that he thinks he's a good one.

hotweaselsoup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2011, 09:12 AM
lopey

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleminor138 View Post
I'd take Ryder over a couple of guys on this team, but not sat his pay scale. If he takes a serious discount, I would consider it. Earlier in the season I thought $3 million would be fine, now I think $2.5 is more reasoable. And this is only a good idea if the Bruins can't bring in a real top 6 forward.
To me keeping him and Recchi is a blow to the development of players like Seguin, Marchand and Arniel. Seguin needs the 2nd line wing spot next year and Marchand will be on the third line.

lopey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2011, 09:17 AM
the overrated
wicked overrated

Quote:
Agreed, dm138 ... there aren't many, but there are a few that are more frustrating for me to watch. Ryder certainly hasn't earned his pay (again) this year but he'll likely end up with ~20 goals, so would average 20+ goals/season in his Bruins tenure. $2.5m for ~20 goals is fine, in spite of his streakiness and questionable decision making.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lopey View Post
Ryder is done after this year. We have to many young guys waiting to play on the big club. Seguin will get his time next year...
If both Ryder & Recchi are gone after the year (and it's increasingly looking like this will be Recchi's last season), it's pretty safe to presume that the team will be bringing in a veteran FA to replace one of them.

A young guy will replace one, but I can't see them going with two rookies replacing two vets next season.

the overrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2011, 09:19 AM
Jack Donaghy
Good God Lemon

Quote:
$2m and I'm okay. Somehow I doubt he (or anyone, really) would be willing to take a 50% pay cut. Bring on Caron.

Which guys would you want to see gone before him? Recchi? Paille?

Old
03-23-2011, 09:36 AM
doubleminor138
Look into my eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejickler View Post
$2m and I'm okay. Somehow I doubt he (or anyone, really) would be willing to take a 50% pay cut. Bring on Caron.

Which guys would you want to see gone before him? Recchi? Paille?
Recchi, Paille and Kelley. Kelley might make himself worth that contract of his in the postseason, but I've still got my arms folded.

doubleminor138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2011, 09:37 AM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Rhian View Post
I'm with you on this one. Rex needs to hang them up and Ryder needs to go away. We should be able to Bergie some quality linemates with that extra cash.

dredeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2011, 09:46 AM
Jack Donaghy
Good God Lemon

Quote:
Recchi, Paille and Kelley. Kelley might make himself worth that contract of his in the postseason, but I've still got my arms folded.
With you 100%. I love Recchi's heart but if he's not tipping shots on the PP he's not doing anything.

I tell you what I do like, though, and that's Peverley. I still can't believe we got him.

Old
03-23-2011, 09:49 AM
Kate08
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Quote:
With you 100%. I love Recchi's heart but if he's not tipping shots on the PP he's not doing anything.

I tell you what I do like, though, and that's Peverley. I still can't believe we got him.
Agree with both of these posts. Recchi reminds me of Tim Wakefield...teetering on the brink of staying in it one year too long.

Kelly needs to show me something, and show me something fast...otherwise, peace out to both him and Ryder this offseason.

Kate08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2011, 09:58 AM
iRONic™
You know; Merlot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by willy29 View Post
Will the Bruins resign Ryder? Not sure he is worth the $4M he is getting this year, but would take him back for another year for $2-3M a season. Probably suited for the third line.
NO!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruinsfan1970 View Post
If Ryder could be signed for 1.5 I would say yes but I don't think he is worth much more than that and I hope we see some new faces in the offseason.
NO!
Quote:
NO!
Quote:
NO!

Ryder is the weakest link, goodbye.

iRONic™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2011, 10:06 AM
SerenityRick

Send a message via AIM to SerenityRick
Quote:
Originally Posted by the overrated View Post
Agreed, dm138 ... there aren't many, but there are a few that are more frustrating for me to watch. Ryder certainly hasn't earned his pay (again) this year but he'll likely end up with ~20 goals, so would average 20+ goals/season in his Bruins tenure. $2.5m for ~20 goals is fine, in spite of his streakiness and questionable decision making.

If both Ryder & Recchi are gone after the year (and it's increasingly looking like this will be Recchi's last season), it's pretty safe to presume that the team will be bringing in a veteran FA to replace one of them.

A young guy will replace one, but I can't see them going with two rookies replacing two vets next season.
Meh. After this playoff run we'll have enough vets where I personally won't think it's necessary to bring in someone simply because he has a few years on these guys. I think Bergy can be considered one, we have plenty on the blue line with Kaberle, Chara, Ference and even Siedenberg. You also have Kelly and Thorts and hell, I'll even consider Looch one after this.. And Savard too if he makes a full recovery.

I think relying on "vets" to get it done is holding this team back a bit. And that's no offense to guys like Muzz, P.J. and Recchi.. Just my personal opinion. Let the kids play and see how it turns out.

I don't think having a forward lineup of:

Lucic - Krejci - Horton
Seguin - Savard - Peverley
Marchand - Bergeron - kid (Caron/Knight/Arniel/Spooner/etc)
Kelly - Campbell - Thornton

Is going to set this team back at all. If Savard truly is done (and I hope he's not) THEN maybe you think about a veteran forward instead of having so many youngin's.. even then I'd still see how the kids do.

SerenityRick is offline   Reply With Quote