HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

Article, Burke still High on Reimer and Kadri

Old
04-05-2011, 09:16 AM
mikebel111
Optimistic/Patient

vCash: 500
Article, Burke still High on Reimer and Kadri

http://thehockeywriters.com/maple-le...mer-and-kadri/

this is about a week old. he is confident in kadri and reimer. this should shoot down any rumors about kadri being possibly traded.

mikebel111 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 09:20 AM
mooseOAK*

What rumours?

This guy should at least credit the original article he stole all of that from.

mooseOAK* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 09:21 AM
Vexxed14

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseOAK View Post
What rumours?
The made up ones

Vexxed14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 09:22 AM
mydnyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebel111 View Post

this is about a week old. he is confident in kadri and reimer. this should shoot down any rumors about kadri being possibly traded.
how do you figure? ...someone makes Burke a good enough offer, and Kadri is gone, simple as that.

mydnyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 09:25 AM
ACC1224
Burke was right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebel111 View Post

Don't see the connection. What rumours?

edit - what they ^^^ all said.

ACC1224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 09:45 AM
TrueBlue86

oh thank god, because i was expecting reimer and kadri to get delt
you know, that's what teams do, deal their young, top end talent

NOT

TrueBlue86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 09:52 AM
Dylbot

There are a lot of kids on these boards that are too young to understand your "Not!".

Dylbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 09:59 AM
leafspring*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylbot View Post
There are a lot of kids on these boards that are too young to understand your "Not!".
Someone there with almost 8000 posts says they would be gone with the right offer?

Not fair to blame kids i would suggest with comments like that, from a poster, that most likely seen debates enough here to maybe think thats a ridiculous comment about our top 2 prospects,and future.

Last edited by leafspring*: 04-05-2011 at 10:08 AM.
leafspring* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 10:03 AM
Vexxed14

Quote:
Originally Posted by leafspring View Post
Someone there with almost 8000 posts says they would be gone with the right offer?

Not fair to blame kids i would suggest with comments like that from a poster that most likely seen debates enough here to maybe think thats a ridiculous comment about our top 2 prospects,and future.
They would be gone with the right offer. Nobody is ever an untouchable. That being said, some players would take a lot to pry away

Old
04-05-2011, 10:07 AM
zapy

So we're not trading Reimer or Kadri?

zapy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 10:12 AM
leafspring*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexxed14 View Post
They would be gone with the right offer. Nobody is ever an untouchable. That being said, some players would take a lot to pry away
Not under this teams circumstance at present they won't i would contend. Reimer,and kadri are not replacable from the system of a fully developed team type atmosphere is what i'm trying to say.

leafspring* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 10:19 AM
Mansfield
possession obsession

I couldn't see Reimer being dealt anyway.

As for Kadri, it wouldn't suprise me if he was(if burke could get something good for him). Colbourne and Kadri are kind of competeing for the same spot, and of similar talent (though obviously some differences). If burke could send away one of those + picks for someone better I think he'd do it.

Mansfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 10:42 AM
exporta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mansfield View Post

As for Kadri, it wouldn't suprise me if he was(if burke could get something good for him). Colbourne and Kadri are kind of competeing for the same spot, and of similar talent (though obviously some differences). If burke could send away one of those + picks for someone better I think he'd do it.
Kadri and Colbourne competing for the same spot?

We only have room for one top forward prospect? This is the same logic that led us to deal Rask for Raycroft, how well did that turn out for us?

exporta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 10:45 AM
Arbucks

Quote:

I highly doubt they are. Kadri is projected as a top-6 forward, while I feel that most believe Colbourne will come in as a 3rd line player with high offensive upside and then develop into a 2nd line player

Arbucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 10:47 AM
Corleone

Send a message via MSN to Corleone
This thread sucks...

Corleone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 10:47 AM
exporta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexxed14 View Post
No one will give up what it would take for us do deal Reimer. If he's legit, we solve our goalie issues for years to come, and he'll likely come in around 1 -1.5 cap hit for the next two seasons.

As far as Kadri goes, I doubt he gets dealt. His second stint with the club has proven his hard work has paid off. Will take an elite player for Burke to trade him now.

It is safe to say that both will be with the Leafs next year (2011-12). There is still the possibility of them getting dealt, but it would take a lot.

exporta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 10:49 AM
Dylbot

Quote:
Originally Posted by leafspring View Post

Not fair to blame kids i would suggest with comments like that, from a poster, that most likely seen debates enough here to maybe think thats a ridiculous comment about our top 2 prospects,and future.
I was saying kids wouldn't understand it because "NOT!" is a very dated expression/joke. hahaha

Dylbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 10:50 AM
tuckerdomi

I could see Kadri being dealt at the draft. package him with a first and a another prospect for a solid top centre

tuckerdomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Lebanese Leaf

Quote:

Kadri > Colborne right now and there's no question. Boston wouldn't have given us Colborne + a 1st AND a conditional 2nd if they felt he was anywhere near Kadri's level. I got high hopes for Colborne, but right now he's much less important to this team's future than Kadri is. And also, what's wrong with having more than 1 solid prospect? They could both not only make the team at the same time, but on the same line as well... one as a C and one as a winger. They are competing with Bozak and Lupul just as much as they're competing with each other.

Niether should be traded. No team will value Kadri as much as we currently do, so no, let's just let our prospects develop and have some homegrown talent for once. Look how well its turned out with Kulemin.

Lebanese Leaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Vexxed14

Quote:
Originally Posted by exporta View Post
No one will give up what it would take for us do deal Reimer. If he's legit, we solve our goalie issues for years to come, and he'll likely come in around 1 -1.5 cap hit for the next two seasons.

As far as Kadri goes, I doubt he gets dealt. His second stint with the club has proven his hard work has paid off. Will take an elite player for Burke to trade him now.

It is safe to say that both will be with the Leafs next year (2011-12). There is still the possibility of them getting dealt, but it would take a lot.
I never said I thought it was likely just pointing out that while slim, possibilities always exist. I am an advocate of keeping and playing both

Old
04-05-2011, 10:51 AM
bobbyflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by exporta View Post
Kadri and Colbourne competing for the same spot?

We only have room for one top forward prospect? This is the same logic that led us to deal Rask for Raycroft, how well did that turn out for us?
didn't you know? Apparently Leafs have TOO MANY top prospects. What a difference a year makes

bobbyflex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 10:52 AM
Federko

Quote:

I HIGGGGGHHHHLLLLYYYYY doubt it.

Federko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 10:53 AM
Federko

I guess when you're bored ..threads like this happen. Kadri, Reimer, Schenn, Colborne, not going anywhere kids...

macarthur and a few others...probable.

Federko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 11:18 AM
Shaun_W_W

The last blurb talking about our forwards leaves out Lupul who will be our top line LW which is the position kadri plays

Shaun_W_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 11:19 AM
BlueBaron

Yeah, it's true. Guys like Kadri, Eric Johnson, Chris Steward, Tukka Rask , Iginla never get dealt....Anything is possible kids, never say never.

BlueBaron is online now   Reply With Quote