HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Bauer Vapor VI stick'um one piece composite hockey stick?

Old
03-23-2011, 01:58 PM
DelZottoLover

vCash: 500
Bauer Vapor VI stick'um one piece composite hockey stick?

I tried looking up this stick online but couldn't really find any information on it. I bought it at Play It Again Sports. The workers didn't know anything about it either. Obviously they aren't being made any more I suppose, but does anyone know anything about this stick? Could this be a custom made stick? Is this a "grip stick"? It says on the stick "Ultra Premium Composite System" It has the number "0.470 to the right of it. Anyone know what the number stands for? The stick is very sticky, i'm not sure if it was from the grip tape or what, but I got it all off with "Goop" soap yet it's still sticky. Anyway, I have some pics of the stick you can check out. Any information on this stick would be much appreciated! Also I took a pictire of the blade, if anyone knows or thinks what type of blade it could be, also mention that as well. Thanks guys!

DelZottoLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2011, 02:23 PM
CGNY87

dont know much about it specifically. The sticky feeling is part on some bauer sticks (ie the Stick'um label). Some people like more grip on their stick. Goo-gone probably wont get it off. I have seen some people sand it off, or tape over the area you will be holding on it.

the .470 is the taper of the stick.

The blade looks like the PM9 blade pattern (Malkin / Stamkos) that bauer is currently using. I have a x60 with the PM9 pattern, and based on your phots and my memory it seems to be that pattern.

CGNY87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2011, 03:05 PM
Pittsburgh Proud

I had a stick'um, absolutely hated it. You practically have to completely remove your glove from the stick to move it down or up.

Pittsburgh Proud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2011, 03:06 PM
AIREAYE

the 'stickiness' is the grip on the stick, called Stick'Um

the 0.470 is indeed the, Bauer used to have 0.470 (lower kickpoint or tapered shafts) and 0.520 (mid kickpoint or standard shafts) tapers on their sticks

This is an entry level stick, in the same series as the XXX, VIII etc.

AIREAYE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2011, 03:31 PM
IDuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pittsburgh Proud View Post
I had a stick'um, absolutely hated it. You practically have to completely remove your glove from the stick to move it down or up.
this....i tried everything to get the grip off but couldnt...i used a clear spray paint and it works like a freaking charm....have to do it very lightly and 1 layer at a time...might have to reapply after a few times out though

IDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2011, 03:41 PM
ponder

As others have stated, it's just a very low end/entry level stick, with grip, 77 flex (which is as flexy as it gets for a senior stick) and a PM9 curve. Bottom of the line composites like this normally retail for $50 new, this one looks heavily used so hopefully you got it real cheap?

ponder is offline   Reply With Quote