HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Adios FSN, Welcome Root Sports

Old
04-04-2011, 08:32 AM
regard

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTG32005 View Post
I find Errey entertaining. I also find Errey to be a good color guy who adds things that only a player who actually played in the league, at a high level, could add.
I agree. I think ideally Lange and Borque would be in the press box and Errey would be between the benches.

Steiggy I just hate. If a player makes an awesome backcheck to set us up for a scoring chance theres a 90% Steiggy spends the whole time talking about something unrelated. He makes an exciting game bland, and a slow game boring as all hell.

I try to sound him out as much as possible.

regard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2011, 08:38 AM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubis79 View Post
Errey is entertaining? No, he isn't. I don't want someone with the mental capacity of a special needs 8 year old attempting to commentate on a hockey game. I don't care how many years he played in the league, you could easily find someone else who has never set foot on an ice rink yet still has more hockey knowledge to replace him with. I want class, integrity, and knowledge from my announcers not pathetic juvenility and talking without thinking. They both need fired, the sooner the better.
I'm going to go out on a limb and say you are in the minority if you don't like Errey. I know a LOT of hockey fans and I have never once met a Pens fan that doesn't like Errey. Not fitting into your idea of what a broadcaster should be isn't a reason to be fired.

Steiggy is just bad though.

Ogrezilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2011, 02:44 PM
Anubis79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogrezilla View Post
I'm going to go out on a limb and say you are in the minority if you don't like Errey. I know a LOT of hockey fans and I have never once met a Pens fan that doesn't like Errey. Not fitting into your idea of what a broadcaster should be isn't a reason to be fired.

Steiggy is just bad though.
Yes, yes it is. He provides ZERO extra insight that someone else couldn't provide and do it better. Sorry that I don't have blinders on and a hard-on for the homer announcer. He laughs, needlessly, at his own unfunny jokes. He makes inappropriate comments, albeit with help from Steigerwald. They both should have been fired on the spot for the Hobey Baker comments. The worst part is he's normal when he isn't doing a broadcast. He's insightful and professional when he's being interviewed. Put him in the booth and he reverts to immature 10 year old. Then again, I listen to every other broadcast team in the league so I know what's out there and just how bad Steigs and Errey are.

Anubis79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2011, 03:43 PM
MetalheadPenguinsFan
Disco Is Dead!!!

vCash: 70
Quote:
Yes, yes it is. He provides ZERO extra insight that someone else couldn't provide and do it better. Sorry that I don't have blinders on and a hard-on for the homer announcer. He laughs, needlessly, at his own unfunny jokes. He makes inappropriate comments, albeit with help from Steigerwald. They both should have been fired on the spot for the Hobey Baker comments. The worst part is he's normal when he isn't doing a broadcast. He's insightful and professional when he's being interviewed. Put him in the booth and he reverts to immature 10 year old. Then again, I listen to every other broadcast team in the league so I know what's out there and just how bad Steigs and Errey are.
To be fair, 99.9% of the comments and ******** chuckling were coming from Steigy. Errey was quiet. Probably thinking "wtf"

MetalheadPenguinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2011, 04:09 PM
PensPlz

Send a message via Skype™ to PensPlz
They call it "Root" sports to troll people. Every time I see the name the baseball song runs through my head and drives me insane.. "root root root for the home team, if they don't win...." blah.

PensPlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2011, 06:55 PM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Quote:
all of this is an opinion that most people I know disagree with. I don't need blinders or hard-ons to have a different opinion than you, despite how much you seem to think of your own ideals.

Ogrezilla is offline   Reply With Quote