HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Brian Rolston not returning to Boston!

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-08-2004, 09:41 AM
  #1
Natural Habs Fan
Registered User
 
Natural Habs Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,080
vCash: 500
Brian Rolston not returning to Boston!

Now here's a guy I'd love to see in Montreal. What was his salary like last year and what do you think he'll be looking for? He'd be a great replacement for Dagenais on the second line.

Also, seems like Boston is falling apart pretty quick. I'm guessing the GM or owner lost faith in his team after being knocked out by the "scabs"

:lol

LINK

Natural Habs Fan is offline  
Old
07-08-2004, 09:44 AM
  #2
Mooch
Registered User
 
Mooch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: NC/Toronto/Florida
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,960
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Mooch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural Habs Fan
Now here's a guy I'd love to see in Montreal. What was his salary like last year and what do you think he'll be looking for? He'd be a great replacement for Dagenais on the second line.

Also, seems like Boston is falling apart pretty quick. I'm guessing the GM or owner lost faith in his team after being knocked out by the "scabs"

:lol
I dont like Rolston personally, and see him no more than a third liner who can score. The second line wing has to left open for a young player imo. A guy like Hossa or Higgins need to play there, with the most likely scenario being Hossa, if he looks good in camp that is. So i really dont think we need Rolston, i also dont want him, but thats just me.

However having said that, if neither one of Hossa or higgins were to earn that spot, and Dags were placed there, i would beg for Rolston. LOL!. But im optimistic, and i believe one of or yuts will steal that spot from dags. So no worries!

Mooch is offline  
Old
07-08-2004, 10:02 AM
  #3
Marc the Habs Fan
Moderator
MVP
 
Marc the Habs Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Longueuil
Country: Canada
Posts: 57,637
vCash: 567
Rolston is not a good fit for the Habs.

The guy was awful for the Bruins against us in the POs. He was demoted to the 4th line for most of the series and looked nothing like the player he once was. Plus, he's mostly a center now, not a winger. And who can forget his comments about how the Habs ''didn't have a chance'' if the Bruins played up to their capabilities only to say ''I never said that'' once the playoffs started 2 weeks later. :lol

Marc the Habs Fan is offline  
Old
07-08-2004, 10:33 AM
  #4
Firthbird
#Drivefor25
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 623
vCash: 500
I'd worry about trying to sign Kovy, before I'd ever go after Rolston.

Firthbird is offline  
Old
07-08-2004, 10:41 AM
  #5
Malakhov
Registered User
 
Malakhov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Martinique
Posts: 3,431
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Malakhov
Rolston and Bonk on the 3rd line would be great.

Malakhov is offline  
Old
07-08-2004, 11:32 AM
  #6
CH Wizard
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: preparin for 09 cup
Country: Afghanistan
Posts: 11,690
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to CH Wizard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malakhov
Rolston and Bonk on the 3rd line would be great.
Yeah but it will cost too much IMO.

CH Wizard is offline  
Old
07-08-2004, 11:36 AM
  #7
Malakhov
Registered User
 
Malakhov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Martinique
Posts: 3,431
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Malakhov
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreatone
Yeah but it will cost too much IMO.
Getting rid of Sundstrom frees up 2 millions wich isn't that bad

Malakhov is offline  
Old
07-08-2004, 11:37 AM
  #8
CH Wizard
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: preparin for 09 cup
Country: Afghanistan
Posts: 11,690
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to CH Wizard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malakhov
Getting rid of Sundstrom frees up 2 millions wich isn't that bad
Yeah ,you're right but Rolston will cost at least 2,5 or 3 millions and it will be better if we give that spot to our young guys like Higgins IMO.

CH Wizard is offline  
Old
07-08-2004, 11:41 AM
  #9
tinyzombies
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Calif via Montreal
Posts: 11,807
vCash: 500
No character. Plus he'll never sign here, he wants to be a top 6 player and be paid for it too.

tinyzombies is offline  
Old
07-08-2004, 11:42 AM
  #10
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant
 
VAN-HAB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Port Moody BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,233
vCash: 500
No Rolston

Agree with Mooch rather see Hossa or Higgins there than Rolston who I don't like anyway

VAN-HAB is offline  
Old
07-08-2004, 11:43 AM
  #11
Mooch
Registered User
 
Mooch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: NC/Toronto/Florida
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,960
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Mooch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malakhov
Getting rid of Sundstrom frees up 2 millions wich isn't that bad
It's less, because SJ paid some of his sallary.

How much does Rolston go for anyways, around 2+ mill???

Mooch is offline  
Old
07-08-2004, 11:53 AM
  #12
Firthbird
#Drivefor25
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 623
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VAN-HAB
Agree with Mooch rather see Hossa or Higgins there than Rolston who I don't like anyway
Agreed

Firthbird is offline  
Old
07-08-2004, 11:56 AM
  #13
Tuggy
Registered User
 
Tuggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Saint John
Country: Canada
Posts: 30,651
vCash: 50
Something does seem to be a little strange in beantown, with everyone wanting out. I can smell a first to worst coming up

Tuggy is offline  
Old
07-08-2004, 12:02 PM
  #14
Dream of Janney
Shorty Longback
 
Dream of Janney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 279
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural Habs Fan
Also, seems like Boston is falling apart pretty quick.
I don't know if you're aware, but the off-season isn't even close to being done. Just because Murray and Rolston want ridiculous money and O'Connell isn't willing to pay it, doesn't mean the team is falling apart. Sure, it looks like we may not do as well next year as be did this year, but there is so much time left. Also, if both Rolston and Murray get the cash they want, our compensation picks will be much higher if they got what they "deserved."

I want some more FA action too, but for now, I'm pretty neutral on our moves so far.

Dream of Janney is offline  
Old
07-08-2004, 12:12 PM
  #15
Firthbird
#Drivefor25
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 623
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xithyl
I don't know if you're aware, but the off-season isn't even close to being done. Just because Murray and Rolston want ridiculous money and O'Connell isn't willing to pay it, doesn't mean the team is falling apart. Sure, it looks like we may not do as well next year as be did this year, but there is so much time left. Also, if both Rolston and Murray get the cash they want, our compensation picks will be much higher if they got what they "deserved."

I want some more FA action too, but for now, I'm pretty neutral on our moves so far.
Hey Guys, I went over to the Boston Board, and replied that Boston if falling, you should have seen them jump on down my throat on that apparently they dont want to admit they are in trouble.

Firthbird is offline  
Old
07-08-2004, 12:15 PM
  #16
CH Wizard
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: preparin for 09 cup
Country: Afghanistan
Posts: 11,690
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to CH Wizard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firthbird
Hey Guys, I went over to the Boston Board, and replied that Boston if falling, you should have seen them jump on down my throat on that apparently they dont want to admit they are in trouble.
AGREE they are in a serious trouble ,by this time they are a lot of rumours surroundung Big Joe ,he want to be traded and Rolston will leave Boston and Shean O'Donnel signed with Phoenix so they are in trouble for sure.

CH Wizard is offline  
Old
07-08-2004, 12:17 PM
  #17
Vic Rattlehead*
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: St-Hubert, Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 40,790
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firthbird
Hey Guys, I went over to the Boston Board, and replied that Boston if falling, you should have seen them jump on down my throat on that apparently they dont want to admit they are in trouble.
no, you started saying things that you didn't know about, like Bostons farm team and you kept saying that the bruins were done. The offseason isn't finished yet .

Also, Not everyone wants out of Boston. In case you didn't see, Larry Brooks wrote the article about Thornton. The GM called thornton and his agent and they said they knew nothing about it. If I were you, I would be more aware of what the habs do than what the bruins do. I don't want to sound mean or anything, but coming onto the bruins board to say that we are done isn't exactly the right thing to do, troll.

Vic Rattlehead* is offline  
Old
07-08-2004, 12:18 PM
  #18
Vic Rattlehead*
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: St-Hubert, Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 40,790
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreatone
AGREE they are in a serious trouble ,by this time they are a lot of rumours surroundung Big Joe ,he want to be traded and Rolston will leave Boston and Shean O'Donnel signed with Phoenix so they are in trouble for sure.
all you need to know about joe.

Vic Rattlehead* is offline  
Old
07-08-2004, 12:19 PM
  #19
Dream of Janney
Shorty Longback
 
Dream of Janney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 279
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreatone
...Shean O'Donnel...
Oh dear god, no! Not Shean O'Donnel!

Dream of Janney is offline  
Old
07-08-2004, 12:28 PM
  #20
Firthbird
#Drivefor25
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 623
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19bruins19
no, you started saying things that you didn't know about, like Bostons farm team and you kept saying that the bruins were done. The offseason isn't finished yet .

Also, Not everyone wants out of Boston. In case you didn't see, Larry Brooks wrote the article about Thornton. The GM called thornton and his agent and they said they knew nothing about it. If I were you, I would be more aware of what the habs do than what the bruins do. I don't want to sound mean or anything, but coming onto the bruins board to say that we are done isn't exactly the right thing to do, troll.

Firthbird is offline  
Old
07-08-2004, 12:31 PM
  #21
Vic Rattlehead*
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: St-Hubert, Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 40,790
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firthbird
oh, so me telling the truth about what you posted on the bruins board is funny? I don't get it

Vic Rattlehead* is offline  
Old
07-08-2004, 12:39 PM
  #22
Malakhov
Registered User
 
Malakhov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Martinique
Posts: 3,431
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Malakhov
Just ignore Firthbird.

Malakhov is offline  
Old
07-08-2004, 12:39 PM
  #23
BruinsGirl
Registered User
 
BruinsGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Bruinsville, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 5,159
vCash: 500
What is that so difficult to understand Habs fans???

Boston isn't falling appart. Current setup didn't work very well so it's a time to change faces.

B's didn't even try to sign Rolston or Murray or specially O'Donnell( )

Murray wants 5 years 30 mil, Rolston wants 4 years 17 mill.... There are better UFA on the market productionwise.

Why do you think O'Donnell signed in Phoenix for 2 mil per year? Do you seriously think playing in desert for 2 mil/year is a wish of every UFA?

BruinsGirl is offline  
Old
07-08-2004, 12:40 PM
  #24
MontrealSF
Lars Eller.
 
MontrealSF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Montréal, PQ
Country: Canada
Posts: 805
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firthbird
Stop trolling.

MontrealSF is offline  
Old
07-08-2004, 02:47 PM
  #25
Natural Habs Fan
Registered User
 
Natural Habs Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,080
vCash: 500
Oh well, never mind... Rolston went WILD

http://www.wild.com/games/009/343/

Natural Habs Fan is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:21 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.