HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Montreal @ Boston 7PM RDS/TSN

Closed Thread

Old
03-24-2011, 10:27 AM
LoneWolf54
Relocated.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
You're welcomed to come here and talk hockey all you want LW, we also know deep inside your a Habs fan.
There is a difference between respecting and being a fan of, my moderator friend!

I am, how ever, a HUGE fan of Montreal itself. Excellent city.

Old
03-24-2011, 10:27 AM
widowmaker

My prediction:

Look for Thornton to try to entice White fairly early and then i expect things to settle down. From there if its a close game it will be fairly quiet. Once however the game has been decided for whichever team I fully expect, Lucic, Thornton, and Horton to start there intimidations and liberties with Subban and Poulliot the main targets. Same bruins strategy in the regular season in recent yrs. Chara i predict will stay quiet and let the others do their part to take the focus away from him.

Prediction bruins 4

habs 1

Look for third period bruin roughhousing!!

Old
03-24-2011, 10:31 AM
HeShootsHeScores

If Pacioretty is really 100% to come back and play in the playoffs, I dream of this and I hope he shoves Chara on his way after his goal...

Old
03-24-2011, 10:32 AM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolf54 View Post
There is a difference between respecting and being a fan of, my moderator friend! .
Stage 1: Denial

Old
03-24-2011, 10:33 AM
Jigger77

I am usually all for other fans posters coming here. I go to other boards, used to go to the Bruins board and I thought it was fun.

But this Recchi ******** has me fuming. It's disgusting. The hit wasn't enough now this "he's faking" it retard parade is out? This goes beyond lack of class and lack of respect. It makes me cringe. It surprises me and shocks me to hear that garbage from a player I had high respect for and a fanbase I had high respect for prior to all of this. Just completely disillusioned at the moment to be very honest.

Last edited by Habs 4 Life: 03-24-2011 at 10:39 AM.
Old
03-24-2011, 10:42 AM
llamateizer

haha i dont understand the subban picture
its from RDS.ca

Old
03-24-2011, 10:44 AM
Kate08
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigger77 View Post
I am usually all for other fans posters coming here. I go to other boards, used to go to the Bruins board and I thought it was fun.

But this Recchi ******** has me fuming. It's disgusting. The hit wasn't enough now this "he's faking" it retard parade is out? This goes beyond lack of class and lack of respect. It makes me cringe. It surprises me and shocks me to hear that garbage from a player I had high respect for and a fanbase I had high respect for prior to all of this. Just completely disillusioned at the moment to be very honest.
Just to clarify -- folks aren't saying that he's faking.

Folks are saying that it was blown out of proportion by the organization, the media, and the fans. There has been no blame placed on Pacioretty, nor have our (reasonable and normal) posters said that Pacioretty was faking when he went down.

Old
03-24-2011, 10:48 AM
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by husamus156 View Post

haha i dont understand the subban picture
its from RDS.ca
Maybe RDS wants Subban to learn some respect as well?

/shameless plug

Old
03-24-2011, 10:51 AM
Born in 1909
Hockey Royalty

Recchi is a first class moron.

Really surprised by his monumentally stupid comments.

It was about more than the concussion you FOOL.

Pax was very closely paralyzed with BROKEN VERTEBRAE!

I have lost all respect for Recchi.

Old
03-24-2011, 10:52 AM
number 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigger77 View Post

I recommend avoiding the bruins board unless you want to see the most twisted, backwards hockey opinions in the world

Old
03-24-2011, 10:52 AM
Jigger77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate08 View Post

Folks are saying that it was blown out of proportion by the organization, the media, and the fans. There has been no blame placed on Pacioretty, nor have our (reasonable and normal) posters said that Pacioretty was faking when he went down.
Whatever you call it it's absolutely sickening. I have huge respect for what Recchi has accomplished, but that was an idiotic thing to come out and say.

Old
03-24-2011, 10:53 AM
roy munson

Classy all the way:
http://www.ckac.com/hockey/nouvelles...mbo-66562.html

Old
03-24-2011, 10:55 AM
Jigger77

Quote:
Originally Posted by number 11 View Post
I recommend avoiding the bruins board unless you want to see the most twisted, backwards hockey opinions in the world
Trust me I'm not going anywhere near it. I actually haven't talked about hockey with the two Bruins fans I know either since the incident. Conversations have revolved around weather. I'm done with them.

Old
03-24-2011, 10:56 AM
Bob Cole

Quote:

From what I understood from his comments is that Recchi is questioning the integrity of the organisation and its doctors.

Which is absolutely tasteless.

Correct me if Im wrong but didnt the Martin press conference where he annouced MaxPax's diagnosis happen after the non-suspension decision?

Old
03-24-2011, 11:00 AM
roy munson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Carmoni View Post
From what I understood from his comments is that Recchi is questioning the integrity of the organisation and its doctors.

Correct me if Im wrong but didnt the Martin press conference where he annouced MaxPax's diagnosis happen after the non-suspension decision?
The NHL's decision was released the following day. I'm pretty certain that Martin's press conference was at least 48 hours after the strong hockey play.

Old
03-24-2011, 11:00 AM
Kate08
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Carmoni View Post

I was listening to the interview, and I didn't get the sense that he was questioning the integrity of the doctors. It seemed to me that he was questioning the need for the mass hysteria that has surrounded this entire situation.

I wish this whole thing never happened. I was sorry to see that Pacioretty was hurt, am glad that it seems he's covering well, and this entire storyline is getting wicked freaking annoying.

Old
03-24-2011, 11:01 AM
Bobby G

I know every fan base has it's share posters of questionable intelligence (we have plenty haha), but I truly think the bruins take the cake.

-Somehow see the refs as biased for us? We have one of the worst PP/PK differences
- Thornton better fight White??? where did that even come from, what a ridiculous idea
- Midget AHL team with a good goalie. I would love to see the Bruins face a healthy team, they've struggled with this version
- All the Max/Chara stuff.

I don't want to post in their GDT but man ...

Go Habs Go! Huge game, need the 2 points

Old
03-24-2011, 11:02 AM
neofury*

Quote:

Fair enough but we have people saying it wasn't as bad a concussion as was lead on when the way concussions are judged is clear as day and doctors even confirmed this.

Are Montreal doctors putting their jobs on the line for some sports team? And are my eyes not able to watch a replay where Max clearly is KO'd? Come on.

Sorry but you have to be pretty stupid to debate the fact that several doctors said it was grade 3 concussion, especially what with the way concussions are graded, the fact that they are doctors and the posters on HF claiming otherwise are likely not even educated let alone doctors.

I understand people are homers and obviously want to believe in their teams side. But come on you have to admit that's pretty crazy. The doctor must be wrong or a liar, even though the way concussions are graded is written in effing stone for crying out loud.

Old
03-24-2011, 11:08 AM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Let's go habs ! We can do this !

Old
03-24-2011, 11:11 AM
Whitesnake
Year of the Snake

There is just one thing I hope....no "hockey play" against Price tonight. Everybody knows he has a sore knee....we all know how they like to charge the net....Strong hockey plays are bound to happen...

Old
03-24-2011, 11:12 AM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
I was listening to the interview, and I didn't get the sense that he was questioning the integrity of the doctors. It seemed to me that he was questioning the need for the mass hysteria that has surrounded this entire situation.

I wish this whole thing never happened. I was sorry to see that Pacioretty was hurt, am glad that it seems he's covering well, and this entire storyline is getting wicked freaking annoying.
Because, obviously, the Habs organisation controls the media in Quebec. It's so evident!

Or that any mass hysteria are provoked by a party involved. 'cause you know, it cannot happen that the public irrationally starts being interested/opinionated about something because it's being emotional. It's ALWAYS somebody who is behind said hysteria.

Old
03-24-2011, 11:13 AM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

It will be an interesting game to watch. If the score gets out of hand, I fully expect the Bruins to go crazy as they have been known to do. Very weak mentally, they are.

Last edited by Habs 4 Life: 03-24-2011 at 11:15 AM. Reason: crap
Old
03-24-2011, 11:16 AM
Kate08
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
Fair enough but we have people saying it wasn't as bad a concussion as was lead on when the way concussions are judged is clear as day and doctors even confirmed this.

Are Montreal doctors putting their jobs on the line for some sports team? And are my eyes not able to watch a replay where Max clearly is KO'd? Come on.

Sorry but you have to be pretty stupid to debate the fact that several doctors said it was grade 3 concussion, especially what with the way concussions are graded, the fact that they are doctors and the posters on HF claiming otherwise are likely not even educated let alone doctors.

I understand people are homers and obviously want to believe in their teams side. But come on you have to admit that's pretty crazy. The doctor must be wrong or a liar, even though the way concussions are graded is written in effing stone for crying out loud.
I can't speak to a lot of your post, because I'm not a Bruins fan that believes the doctors are lying, or that Pacioretty was faking. I believe that the doctors made their diagnosis, and the reaction from a small -- but mighty -- group of fans was completely over the top ridiculous, which has led us to where we are now.

I think that the media, sponsors, and a small (but very loud) group of fans took a legitimate diagnosis and made it seem like a joke by the way they reacted.

Anyways. Hoping for a fun, entertaining, and injury-free game tonight. The Garden is going to be insane, and I fully expect to have no voice tomorrow.

Old
03-24-2011, 11:17 AM
skule123

Quote:
I was listening to the interview, and I didn't get the sense that he was questioning the integrity of the doctors.
But wasn't he saying the "embellishment" was done in pursuit of a suspension?

Old
03-24-2011, 11:17 AM
Jigger77

No need to defend the reaction.

Montreal knows its hockey and we reacted appropriately to a savage act of goonery and the lack of punishment by the league. (Save for the 911 calls). There is nothing wrong with showing passion and calling out something you believe was wrong.

Closed Thread