HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Is There An Emergency Recall For Kings?

Old
03-23-2011, 07:37 AM
AStammer7*

vCash: 500
Is There An Emergency Recall For Kings?

With the likes of Williams going down and Smyth ready to sit to regenerate for playoffs do the Kings have an emergency recall in their plans? I know they recalled Moller,but what about Holloway,Schenn,Toffoli or Vey,might they make their way to LA. I imagine that their teams with the exception of Holloway would have to be eliminated... Schenn's team is a favorite to go the distance in the play-offs and be a Memorial Cup contender so he might play until Mid-May at the latest...the others...they are possibilities...

AStammer7* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2011, 09:09 AM
FrozenKing18
Top Drawer!

I dont think they will be calling any players from the juniors.

FrozenKing18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2011, 09:18 AM
Capn Brown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtreme1995 View Post
I dont think they will be calling any players from the juniors.

Maybe Schenn, but only if his team gets eliminated.

Capn Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2011, 09:28 AM
Orenji

Nope.

Parse should be back soon, so we'll have another top six guy who we can plug in. And if Parse/Moller don't work, Murray will just throw in Harrold or Westgarth.

No way Schenn or Toffoli get called up. Going from the juniors to a NHL playoff race/Stanley Cup playoffs? Crazy.

Orenji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2011, 10:15 AM
Chruceg

The Kings do have an emergency recall but you have to keep in mind that they are only reserved for emergencies. Last year when Schenn got called up the Kings needed a body to fill out a 20 man roster (they had no healthy scratches) and they couldn't call up anybody from Manchester due to a storm and time restrictions. That's an emergency. Right now the Kings have plenty of healthy scratches that can play forward and even if they didn't they haven't used any of their four call ups from Manchester yet.

I just can't foresee any emergency happening to the Kings ... maybe three guys get hurt in the first game of the Anaheim back to back, there is a huge late season storm in northeast preventing travel, and none of the junior players have been eliminated from the playoffs yet. I strongly doubt, even then, that the Kings would do it and even if they did it would be for only one game.

Chruceg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2011, 11:28 AM
Kingurentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orenji View Post
Nope.

Parse should be back soon, so we'll have another top six guy who we can plug in. And if Parse/Moller don't work, Murray will just throw in Harrold or Westgarth.

No way Schenn or Toffoli get called up. Going from the juniors to a NHL playoff race/Stanley Cup playoffs? Crazy.
I agree it's probably not a good idea, but didn't Rob Blake go from college to playoffs his first year? My memory is cloudy (I was in high school so let's say "very cloudy" ) but I remember he came out of nowhere around the end of the year.

Kingurentai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2011, 11:40 AM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Where has it been confirmed that Smyth is being given time off? Only one person has suggested this and he has a questionable record on reporting these rumors.

Ziggy Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2011, 11:51 AM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orenji View Post
Nope.

Schenn might. If parse isn't ready, the only guy I think that would be a better option than Schenn is Holloway, though if you just want someone who can play 5 minutes a game on the fourth line, Cliche or Clune are possible.

Of course, this is all assuming John Zeiler isn't the guy recalled

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2011, 11:55 AM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingurentai View Post
I agree it's probably not a good idea, but didn't Rob Blake go from college to playoffs his first year? My memory is cloudy (I was in high school so let's say "very cloudy" ) but I remember he came out of nowhere around the end of the year.
Blake was over 20 when that happened, and the college game isn't as physically taxing (fewer games). Vey is 19, and Toffoli turns 19 next month. That extra year and less grind is a big difference.

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2011, 12:01 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingurentai View Post
He went from College playoffs at Bowling Greene to the Kings and I think he showed up prior to the playoffs but my memory is raining cats and dogs its so cloudy.

Once any of the teams are eliminated from the playoffs they can come up to the big club but we aren't in emergency recall territory yet.

Of the kids I would like to see them fill in Manchester's needs first and then if we have need still (Parse could be back in time) give Kozun a call up.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2011, 09:04 AM
dbbourn

vCash: 50
Randy Lerner - Kings Right Wing

Apparently the Kings have a new right winger: Randy Lerner, seen about a minute into this video. Maybe he is an emergency call-up. Looks awfully familiar though...

http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angele...ory?id=6252096

dbbourn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2011, 09:09 AM
Ollie Weeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbbourn View Post
Apparently the Kings have a new right winger: Randy Lerner, seen about a minute into this video. Maybe he is an emergency call-up. Looks awfully familiar though...

http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angele...ory?id=6252096
That was just the saddest thing.

Ollie Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote