HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Hasek vs Sabres, Hasek vs Red Wings

Closed Thread

Old
07-06-2004, 07:49 PM
SabresFan44

vCash: 500
Hasek vs Sabres, Hasek vs Red Wings

I'm looking forward to next season whenever that is because It's going to be awesome seeing Hasek back in the NHL and with a new team. Sure he may be old and injured and way past his prime but if things go well and he can be as good as he once was, it will be great.
I think it's great because he will play the Sabres 6 times next year. Now this year the Sabres were 4-1-1 against the Sens, and if Hasek is in net I think it will get to Dominek. Remember when he was with the Wings for the first time, Buffalo chased him out of the net by scoring 5 goals on him in the 2nd period. But in all fairness I hope he has a great season with the Sens because I like that team. It should be a very interesting season for Ottawa.

Now as far as the red wings go. I think whenever Detroit will play him, the wings will light him up aswell. Too much firepower and I believe many on that team are very angry with him for last year. What do u think will happen?

Old
07-06-2004, 07:55 PM
Habs4Life

vCash: 666
Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresFan44
I'm looking forward to next season whenever that is because It's going to be awesome seeing Hasek back in the NHL and with a new team. Sure he may be old and injured and way past his prime but if things go well and he can be as good as he once was, it will be great.
I think it's great because he will play the Sabres 6 times next year. Now this year the Sabres were 4-1-1 against the Sens, and if Hasek is in net I think it will get to Dominek. Remember when he was with the Wings for the first time, Buffalo chased him out of the net by scoring 5 goals on him in the 2nd period. But in all fairness I hope he has a great season with the Sens because I like that team. It should be a very interesting season for Ottawa.

Now as far as the red wings go. I think whenever Detroit will play him, the wings will light him up aswell. Too much firepower and I believe many on that team are very angry with him for last year. What do u think will happen?
Hasek didn't play well last year and it wasn't because of the age factor. He admitted to everyone that he wasn't in great shape when he arrived in detriot. That is probably the main reason for his lack of play and the groin injury.. Believe me, Hasek will be ready to play if there is a season this year.

Old
07-06-2004, 08:16 PM
Sting

Send a message via MSN to Sting
Ottawa has historically played pretty well against the wings. I'm pretty sure Ottawa will get the better of them next year...because they've only improved whereas the Wings aren't getting any younger or any better.

Old
07-07-2004, 11:05 PM
DynastyWings05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting004
Ottawa has historically played pretty well against the wings. I'm pretty sure Ottawa will get the better of them next year...because they've only improved whereas the Wings aren't getting any younger or any better.
Actually, the Wings average age has been gradually decreasing the last couple of seasons.

If the Wings do indeed sign someone like Murray, they'll still be up there in the standings and will compete for the cup.

Zetterberg - Datsyuk - Murray
Whitney - Lang - Yzerman
Maltby - Draper - McCarty
Holmstrom - Williams - Shanahan

Lidstrom - Hatcher
Dandenault - Kronwall
Chelios - Fischer

Joseph
Legace

That's still looks like one of the best teams in the NHL to me. Even without Murray, they'd still be a contending team, they have many players in the Minors who are ready to step up and play on the big team. Example: Robinson & Bootland, both are gritty players who bring energy to the the lineup. Robinson's alittle faster while Booter's alittle more physical.

Also, with that lineup i'm assuming the Wings re-sign Shanny, but not Schneider. Because that's what I think will happen when all is said and done.

Old
07-08-2004, 06:47 AM
Motown Beatdown
Need a slump buster

vCash: 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs4Life
Hasek didn't play well last year and it wasn't because of the age factor. He admitted to everyone that he wasn't in great shape when he arrived in detriot. That is probably the main reason for his lack of play and the groin injury.. Believe me, Hasek will be ready to play if there is a season this year.

I;m gonna disagree somewhat. Hasek numbers weren't bad, throw out the two stinkers he had against the Blues, and they are pretty good. But your right, he was not in shape. All i know is i would never bet against a motivated Hasek, regardless of age.

Closed Thread