HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Acquisitions/Cap management/Roster Building Thread XV

Closed Thread

Old
05-06-2011, 05:58 PM
dashtary*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonzaibondra12 View Post
The Norris trophy Green doesn't show up when it matters. He has been awful in the Pitt, Montreal, and Tampa series.
To be honest, anyone paired with Schultz is automatically brought down, and pretty much screwed.

Old
05-06-2011, 07:31 PM
RandyHolt
Capitals Station

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashtary View Post
Varly seems really unhappy with his recent quotes. I'm not sure he's back. We may have to trade him or keep his rights and let him go to Russia.
I figured after getting shunned watching Neuvy getting 4 straight losses, that he would be fed up with Bruce. He is maybe not the only one. Sure injuries crippled his year and made Bruce lose confidence in him. If he gains some durability, he could easily become the best of the lot if he is not right now.

This makes 3 years I have not been happy with Bruce's playoff G selections. He has a short leash or else no leash at all.

Old
05-06-2011, 08:07 PM
Atlas

I wonder if Torts could be had from Sather and the Rags? He's a good coach. It's not unheard to trade a player/picks for a coach.

McPhee must go, too.

Old
05-06-2011, 08:33 PM
Ridley Simon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mothra View Post
RS...this is total nonsense

First....this is nothing like the NYR series of 86, when the Caps were coming off a sweep of the NYI then lost to a sub .500 NYR team, even though the Caps outscored them for the series. In that series you could at say the better team didnt win and not look too foolish....

this season, the better team won....in 4 straight. If you think the better team was the team that was swept I just dont know what to say.....very little seperated these teams in the standings after 82 games, and this spring they proved to be the better hockey team. How you can say otherwise is staggering almost

so....five goals off of skates/bodies/bad angles is supposed to discount or prove that TB was lucky....and thats why they won? How about it proves they go to the net better, defend in front of the net better. I noted a few times in the NYR series that Neuvirth doesnt look aware on plays in close or from behind the net, at times anyway.

none of this is luck...they made thier luck by outplaying the Caps. They outplayed the Caps in the 3rd period on games 1,2, and 3....thats not "Out playing TB, out shooting/chancing TB, out everything TB". How can you say they outplayed TB when the Caps had it taken to them three straight 3rd periods?

again, this inst the Caps losing to a sub .500 NYR team in 6 games even thought they outscored them....they were swept by a team that had 2 less wins than them over 82 games....they better team won, handedly

I just dont see it that way Mothra. Game one turned on a fluke play, as did games 2 and 3. We were outplayed in game 4, I get it. But in watching this series (save gm 4), I always felt we were in control of play. Games 2 and 3 in particular. The fluke goals helped them immensely...and has it been even 75/25 for them, we win 2 games and are awaiting Saturday's game 5.

I said this was the "most frustrated" I've been since 1986. Even more so than last years implosion (thats the 3rd). In the Caps history, how many times have they been the better team and lost? Not too often....

Old
05-06-2011, 08:40 PM
txpd

this board desires: fire mcphee, fire boudreau, trade semin, green, schultz, let laich, sturm, arnott, bradley and gordon walk as free agents. that is essentially changing half the skaters on the team. fehr and poti would also be removed.

ovechkin and backstrom will be put on notice to be professional and work in the offseason or be traded.

the caps will add a quiet coach in the media and a disciplinarian as a coach and then add north american players with grit and pim's.

reality? mcphee stays. boudreau stays. schultz green and semin stay. the caps add a veteran and retain most of their free agents. they win the 1st seed again. and then.....we await the doom.

Old
05-06-2011, 08:57 PM
Capitlols

Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd View Post
this board desires: fire mcphee, fire boudreau, trade semin, green, schultz, let laich, sturm, arnott, bradley and gordon walk as free agents. that is essentially changing half the skaters on the team. fehr and poti would also be removed.

ovechkin and backstrom will be put on notice to be professional and work in the offseason or be traded.

the caps will add a quiet coach in the media and a disciplinarian as a coach and then add north american players with grit and pim's.

reality? mcphee stays. boudreau stays. schultz green and semin stay. the caps add a veteran and retain most of their free agents. they win the 1st seed again. and then.....we await the doom.
Meh if the Caps fire BB, the boards will calm down immensely. If not, it will be misery for the company liners for the next season.

Old
05-06-2011, 09:10 PM
blokeyhighlander
May = :golfnana:

Quote:

Yeah, because taking bits and pieces of what different individuals are suggesting and then combining like it's the collective will of every poster on this board is accurate.

Old
05-06-2011, 09:21 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by blokeyhighlander View Post
Yeah, because taking bits and pieces of what different individuals are suggesting and then combining like it's the collective will of every poster on this board is accurate.
It's pretty funny how he does that right?

Old
05-06-2011, 09:34 PM
IafrateOvie34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appreci8 View Post
Meh if the Caps fire BB, the boards will calm down immensely. If not, it will be misery for the company liners for the next season.
Lol, I don't think I ever seen a Caps forum that wasn't rowdy, that goes back to the Prodigy days.

Old
05-06-2011, 09:47 PM
WetHog
Out to Lunch

Send a message via MSN to WetHog
After watching game 4 of the Boston/Philly series I wonder what Philly would give the Caps for 1 of their 3 promising young goalies. I know trading one of them to Philly is out of the question, but what if? How much could GMGM ask Philly for one of them, and would Philly bite?

Old
05-06-2011, 10:09 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Have at it Mike Wise haters....(I don't have an opinion on him really)....

Capitals’ young nucleus needs a heart transplant

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports...nCG_story.html

This team doesn’t need a coach transplant; it needs a heart transplant for many of its young players.

Yes, you, Alexander Semin. How do you say “prima donna” in Russian? You refuse to talk after losses, even to your countrymen who wait patiently to be stood up. Until you learn to be accountable, you suffer from the same malaise your team did against the Lightning.

You too, Nicklas Backstrom. You can’t be on the ice for 27 minutes and not take a shot as you did in Game 3; that’s not unselfish, that’s unaware of your responsibility as a scorer on this team.

Mike Green, you get a pass this postseason because you played remarkably well against the Rangers after coming back from a concussion in February, including taking a slap shot to the head in Game 5 that was about as selfless an act to stop the puck as any this postseason.

Old
05-06-2011, 10:12 PM
WetHog
Out to Lunch

Send a message via MSN to WetHog
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitalsCup2012 View Post

I think Mike Wise is a ******, but I think he hit the nail on the head with this. Regardless, cue the BB's Lynch Mob.

Old
05-06-2011, 11:35 PM
HSHS
Losing is a disease

I have no issue with wise other than he expects the same damn surgeon who keeps ******* up their transplants every year to plant the proper heart, utilize the proper medicine, and strengthen their bodies so come time to walk out that door, that new heart won't break.

Dr first law is do no harm. Dude failed the minute he showed up when he opened his mouth and began shaping these young kids' paradigms.

Moron.

Old
05-07-2011, 06:25 AM
fsnoles98

Either way a significant change needs to take place either with the coach or players. This has been the same old situation for the last 3 years with the same players, except for in net. If we are looking for player changes, #1 change is Semin, for lack of heart and possible return value. This guy has been given every opportunity in the world and could care less. Let him cry in someone else's locker room next year. Schultz, good +/-, but not the player needed on our backline. he brings nothing to the table besides his reach. Non-chalant with everything he does, brings no offense or physical play. I hate to say this, but I also think we have to throw a goalie out there to get quality return. We will not be able to keep all three next year anyhow, so why not get some quality talent in return while we can. Yes, it is only three changes, but I think these would be significant changes to make along with seeing what Orlov, Kuznetsov or Eakin have to offer at the beginning of the season. I think if we could get a good return on Schultz, Semin and one of our goalies, we could add some very key parts. Just my thoughts.

Old
05-07-2011, 06:27 AM
fsnoles98

Calling the Boys out and some heart is need from the Caps, 2 articles from the Post:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports...F_story_1.html

thoughts??

Old
05-07-2011, 06:54 AM
txpd

Quote:
* I hate the whole company line thing. But enjoy it if you must. This season was miserable and regardless of a coaching change, next season will be different for me. I am cutting back to watching when i can rather than scheduling my life around the hockey schedule and katie's tweets.

* Did I hear correctly that Arnott says he wants to come back?

Old
05-07-2011, 06:59 AM
txpd

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitalsCup2012 View Post

This team doesn’t need a coach transplant; it needs a heart transplant for many of its young players.

Yes, you, Alexander Semin. How do you say “prima donna” in Russian? You refuse to talk after losses, even to your countrymen who wait patiently to be stood up. Until you learn to be accountable, you suffer from the same malaise your team did against the Lightning.

You too, Nicklas Backstrom. You can’t be on the ice for 27 minutes and not take a shot as you did in Game 3; that’s not unselfish, that’s unaware of your responsibility as a scorer on this team.

Mike Green, you get a pass this postseason because you played remarkably well against the Rangers after coming back from a concussion in February, including taking a slap shot to the head in Game 5 that was about as selfless an act to stop the puck as any this postseason.
nothing new there. those 4 opinions are sprinkled with regularity here. the russian national team apparantly doesnt want semin. that says something. i need to know why johansson was better than backstrom for the last half of the season and way better in the playoffs. i dont care about boudreau anymore one way or the other.
i am not on the mike green gone bandwagon either.

Old
05-07-2011, 08:51 AM
dashtary*

Trade Schultz should be priority #1, #2 I think should be Poti. Then we get into the bigger decsions.

Old
05-07-2011, 09:46 AM
dashtary*

I tried creating a line-up for next year.
Moved out uneeded: Schultz, Poti, Chimmer makes a lot for his role, and decided to take out Fehr. Varly trade/KHL too. I didn't include a possible return but made this:
Called-up Orlov and Eakin. (IMO they'll make the team)
Re-Signed Brooks, Arnott, maybe Hannan.
Signed Handzus, Upshall, Markov/Pitkanen/Ehrhoff/Jovo.
Quote:
CAPGEEK.COM CAP CALCULATOR

FORWARDS
Alexander Ovechkin ($9.538m) / Nicklas Backstrom ($6.700m) / Mike Knuble ($2.000m)
Brooks Laich ($3.250m) / Jason Arnott ($2.250m) / Alexander Semin ($6.700m)
Marcus Johansson ($0.900m) / Michal Handzus ($2.000m) / Scottie Upshall ($2.500m)
Cody Eakin ($0.660m)/Bradley(.600m) / Jay Beagle ($0.512m) / Matt Hendricks ($0.825m)

DEFENSEMEN
Andrei Markov ($2.250m)/Hannan (2.50m)/(Pitkanen/Ehroff (Top Pairing-LD~4.00m) / Mike Green ($5.250m)
Karl Alzner ($1.750m) / John Carlson ($0.845m)
Dmitri Orlov ($0.710m) / Dennis Wideman ($3.937m)
John Erskine ($1.500m)

GOALTENDERS
Michal Neuvirth ($1.150m) / Braden Holtby ($0.637m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $59,400,000; CAP PAYROLL: $55,867,627; BONUSES: $160,000
CAP SPACE (21-man roster): $3,532,373

Old
05-07-2011, 10:06 AM
aquablue

How effective will an aging Knuble be next year on the top line? Seems like he is no longer first line material and we need a new RW up there.

Old
05-07-2011, 10:37 AM
Semin

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquablue View Post
How effective will an aging Knuble be next year on the top line? Seems like he is no longer first line material and we need a new RW up there.
That's why the Caps should sign Scottie Upshall.

Old
05-07-2011, 10:51 AM
Capitlols

Quote:
* I hate the whole company line thing. But enjoy it if you must. This season was miserable and regardless of a coaching change, next season will be different for me. I am cutting back to watching when i can rather than scheduling my life around the hockey schedule and katie's tweets.

* Did I hear correctly that Arnott says he wants to come back?
Wow, you don't think the people with legitimate criticism like being called 'doom-and-gloomers'?

Old
05-07-2011, 12:59 PM
SprootsMasterFlex
Snooki for President

Trade Backstrom to the Pens for Staal & his lower cap hit of $4M

Old
05-07-2011, 01:06 PM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SprootsMasterFlex View Post
Trade Backstrom to the Pens for Staal & his lower cap hit of $4M
So the plan is to spam every thread with this asinine idea until someone buys it?

Old
05-07-2011, 01:20 PM
txpd

Quote:
Wow, you don't think the people with legitimate criticism like being called 'doom-and-gloomers'?
i dont know. do they? i believe that strung used apply that to me with regularity.
on the otherhand i have the posters that ONLY show when in the process of losing throwing bombs. i call them the doom crew. is that who you mean?

i dont put them in the legitimate criticism catagory.

Closed Thread