HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Notices

Acquisitions/Cap management/Roster Building Thread XV

Closed Thread

Old
05-24-2011, 12:59 PM
RandyHolt
Kuz My Arse Beach

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd View Post
I am sure the russian players would have like to see Varlamov, but not enough that there is a divided dressing room. I imagine there are a few that are pissed that Backstrom was so bad this playoffs.
For all we know the dressing room may have been divided before the playoffs started. I believe largely based on his mid season run, was Neuvy named the playoff starter. It wasnt like he was dominating at years end, or at least not as I remember it. A lot of that mid season run was... team defense. Not to take away from Neuvy's solid year, but I for one do not think he is heads and shoulders above Varly and Holtby, nor do I think he will be.

The canadians may have had their preference as well. Time to eat crow, I had said Holtby would get a game in April back in November. Bruce would have shocked Tampa and Canada good with that move. Added some drama to an otherwise almost predictable game 4 failure.

About Backstrom, I think he gets a get outta jail free card as he has most of his career. He is Ovi's bud. Some players get singled out, others dont.

Old
05-24-2011, 01:21 PM
usiel
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to usiel
Need a thread reboot.