HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > International Tournaments
International Tournaments Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

Roster Talk '11 Slovakia

Old
04-12-2011, 02:33 PM
slovakiasnextone

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaborikowns View Post
I dont have a problem with leaving Tatar off the team. Guys like Bartecko/Cibak/Radivojevic will be just fine on the fourth line. Once Gaborik, Hossa, Kopecky, and Handzus join the team after the first round (hopefully!) this team will take shape and be pretty solid throughout.

Also love that Lasak will be the number 2 goalie, he deserves it after the great performances against Switzerland and Austria in exhibition games. Budaj was horrible again this year and will soon be looking for work outside the NHL.
If they join the team..... But what exactly is it that were gonna do when both the Hawks and the Rangers make it to the 2nd round for example? Everyone is saying it like its a given they wont, but "upsets" are bound to happen. Are we gonna rely on the firepower of the likes of Marcel Hossa (yeah, I know he was involved in all goals in the 2nd game against Austria and played well, but what if he is as atrocious and invisible as he was in the first game)? Because when I look at the European team that we will have I see only one player who has the experience, a great season and who Im sure will be a leader on the team- Demitra. The only forward from those that have been playing with the team so far is Ružička showed that he is capable of being a leader on the team, but even with him you never know....

As for Tatar Id understand it if all the other players were not only more experienced but also better than him CURRENTLY, but some of them just arent anymore and without the NHL forwards they will probably be even in the top 6.....

Also, if Tatar is not good enough for the top 6, why is it again that we have a player of the level of Juraj Mikš still playing on the first line after two weeks of camp?

slovakiasnextone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2011, 07:32 PM
jcbio11

Off topic - anyone else got tickets??? I bought two one day passes (one for my dad), gonna see one qualification round match and one relegation round match.

I. Am. Psyched.

Just wanted to brag

jcbio11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2011, 08:22 PM
gaborikowns

Quote:
Originally Posted by slovakiasnextone View Post
If they join the team..... But what exactly is it that were gonna do when both the Hawks and the Rangers make it to the 2nd round for example? Everyone is saying it like its a given they wont, but "upsets" are bound to happen. Are we gonna rely on the firepower of the likes of Marcel Hossa (yeah, I know he was involved in all goals in the 2nd game against Austria and played well, but what if he is as atrocious and invisible as he was in the first game)? Because when I look at the European team that we will have I see only one player who has the experience, a great season and who Im sure will be a leader on the team- Demitra. The only forward from those that have been playing with the team so far is Ruička showed that he is capable of being a leader on the team, but even with him you never know....

As for Tatar Id understand it if all the other players were not only more experienced but also better than him CURRENTLY, but some of them just arent anymore and without the NHL forwards they will probably be even in the top 6.....

Also, if Tatar is not good enough for the top 6, why is it again that we have a player of the level of Juraj Mik still playing on the first line after two weeks of camp?
Relax, it will be fine.. I have watched alot of Tatar the last two years, and while I do believe he will be a good player someday, right now he is pretty raw and as one-dimensional as they come.

gaborikowns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2011, 08:24 PM
gaborikowns

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcbio11 View Post
Off topic - anyone else got tickets??? I bought two one day passes (one for my dad), gonna see one qualification round match and one relegation round match.

I. Am. Psyched.

Just wanted to brag
Don't have my tickets yet, but I will be arriving in SK on May 4th and a good friend of mine on the team will be setting me up

Old
04-13-2011, 08:33 AM
Ivanko

Quote:

I. Am. Psyched.

Just wanted to brag
My brother got 2 tickets for all Kosice matches from work, so I could possibly go to 4-5 of them. Unfortunately, I will not be in Slovakia during the WC, what a shame.

Ivanko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2011, 10:24 AM
begbeee

Back to topic. Any news?

begbeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2011, 01:55 PM
slovakiasnextone

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaborikowns View Post
Relax, it will be fine.. I have watched alot of Tatar the last two years, and while I do believe he will be a good player someday, right now he is pretty raw and as one-dimensional as they come.
Oh, I didnt want to suggest that Tatar would solve anything for us in that...... IMO the only thing that can solve our problems with firepower and even more with deffense are the NHLers and it remains in the hands of destiny how that will end......without them it will be quarterfinals at best and I wouldnt be sure even of that......unless a miraclous transformation happens to the players that have played the exhibition games....

Btw: http://hokej.sme.sk/c/5850870/na-maj...ni-zednik.html the WC is kind of becoming a tragicomedy.....

Old
04-13-2011, 03:53 PM
gaborikowns

Quote:
Oh, I didnt want to suggest that Tatar would solve anything for us in that...... IMO the only thing that can solve our problems with firepower and even more with deffense are the NHLers and it remains in the hands of destiny how that will end......without them it will be quarterfinals at best and I wouldnt be sure even of that......unless a miraclous transformation happens to the players that have played the exhibition games....

Btw: http://hokej.sme.sk/c/5850870/na-maj...ni-zednik.html the WC is kind of becoming a tragicomedy.....

Hmm, very interesting and strange.. Ill have to ask my source with the team about that one.

Old
04-13-2011, 04:08 PM
lukkas

Zednk left because he didn't like his role in the team. I don't think he's such megastar that he's allowed to act like that

lukkas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2011, 01:24 AM
begbeee

I dont know yet (it is only morning, heh) but I think the same - Zednik didnt like his role.

I heard interesting opinion - Hanlon is first coach who picks players not because their past and achievments but builds team from players based on their actuall form.

Old
04-14-2011, 02:04 AM
lukkas

Zednk personally said that, it's not rumour anymore

lukkas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2011, 02:55 AM
begbeee

Zednik played in 18 games this year and scored 3 goals. If he doesnt like his role in 3rd or 4th line, where he actually perfectly fits - I dont mind if he is not part of a team.

Old
04-14-2011, 07:12 PM
1967cougar

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukkas View Post
Tom Tatar will not play on WC. According to Bondra he doesn't fit in Hanlon's conception. Very poor decision in my opinion. He's had great year and I think he could really help the team.
I have seen Tatar play several times with the Grand Rapids Griffins (Detroit red wing affiliate). Though he shows a lot of potential, in many games that I saw, he did not get himself involved in plays and seemed to be a stride or 2 behind other players. Maybe a future consideration, but I think Coach Hanlon may be right in not using him now. He has many potential appearances in his future.

1967cougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2011, 07:16 PM
1967cougar

Quote:

I. Am. Psyched.

Just wanted to brag

I have my Bratislava playoff package tickets (Section A/Lower bowl) and a few tickets for Kosice as well and am leaving for SK on Apr 26th and staying through the 17th. Hope to be celebrating an SVK victory in the championship game and then the HUGE party Bratislava will throw on Monday the 16th!!!

Old
04-14-2011, 07:19 PM
1967cougar

Quote:
If they join the team..... But what exactly is it that were gonna do when both the Hawks and the Rangers make it to the 2nd round for example? Everyone is saying it like its a given they wont, but "upsets" are bound to happen. Are we gonna rely on the firepower of the likes of Marcel Hossa (yeah, I know he was involved in all goals in the 2nd game against Austria and played well, but what if he is as atrocious and invisible as he was in the first game)? Because when I look at the European team that we will have I see only one player who has the experience, a great season and who Im sure will be a leader on the team- Demitra. The only forward from those that have been playing with the team so far is Ružička showed that he is capable of being a leader on the team, but even with him you never know....

Also, if Tatar is not good enough for the top 6, why is it again that we have a player of the level of Juraj Mikš still playing on the first line after two weeks of camp?

I'm one of the biggest ranger fans you'll meet, but I was surprisingly happy when washington scored in over time. Highly likely that Gaborik will be in Slovakia 10 days from now.....

Old
04-15-2011, 02:02 AM
begbeee

I really doubt that Gaborik will come. There are some rumours about knee injury and how many games did he play with concussion? 20? Of course I am not blaming Gaborik for it, I blame Ranger's medical team.
Hossa is another story, but again, I highly doubt about Gaborik's participation.

Old
04-15-2011, 01:07 PM
slovakiasnextone

Nice game tonight.....however another news Im not happy about.....Zborsk was sent home, again after last year... Jn Brejčk and Vladislav Balž were the two other players to be sent home....

Old
04-15-2011, 01:11 PM
begbeee

I am so happy. Not for defeating Sweden, but for Glen Hanlon. He showes to everybody he is capable and competent.
I would like to hear some opinions from Mr. Vincent Lukac & Co. about roster now.

Old
04-15-2011, 01:18 PM
slovakiasnextone

Quote:
Originally Posted by begbeee View Post
I am so happy. Not for defeating Sweden, but for Glen Hanlon. He showes to everybody he is capable and competent.
I would like to hear some opinions from Mr. Vincent Lukac & Co. about roster now.
Yeah, though knowing those people they are capable of saying that they were supporting Hanlon all along.....however just as they or we shouldnt make conclusions based on one poor game, we shouldnt make conclusions based on one good game either.......it was a nice game and the boys gave everything they had for the most part and the deserve cheers for finally playing up to their potential.....but we and they shouldnt have the "we beat Sweden, were the champions" attitude now, especially when we consider that at least half of the Sweden team will say goodbye to the NH for this year at least......

Old
04-15-2011, 01:21 PM
begbeee

Agree, but it is a small satisfaction. However, I will judge Hanlon's work after final result.

Old
04-15-2011, 01:24 PM
slovakiasnextone

Quote:
Agree, but it is a small satisfaction. However, I will judge Hanlon's work after final result.
Well, if you want to be really thourough then you wont see Hanlons final result until the Sochi Olympics are over.....:-)......I doubt hell be there by then though, even with a possible good result this year, he will be in tough next year when everyone will be tired, sick,injured, pregnant etc. again.....

Old
04-15-2011, 11:11 PM
1967cougar

Quote:
I really doubt that Gaborik will come. There are some rumours about knee injury and how many games did he play with concussion? 20? Of course I am not blaming Gaborik for it, I blame Ranger's medical team.
Hossa is another story, but again, I highly doubt about Gaborik's participation.
I can completely see him not coming back to play, but down 0-2, we can hope for the best!

Old
04-16-2011, 02:54 AM
Krotak
is the Legend

Slovakia vs Sweden (15-04-2011): 5:1

Heureka

Krotak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2011, 12:33 PM
slovakiasnextone