HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > International Tournaments
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
International Tournaments Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

Roster Talk '11 – Slovakia

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-21-2011, 10:25 AM
  #101
slovakiasnextone
Registered User
 
slovakiasnextone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Slovakia
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 5,083
vCash: 500
Pánik not playing tonight´s game, Ružička is down to line No.4, so I guess they are on their best way home and we´re gonna be the ultimate pensioner team again. So why exactly did they bother with all this "we´re gonna build a young team for 2011 home IHWC" for all these years?....

slovakiasnextone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 12:37 PM
  #102
jcbio11
Registered User
 
jcbio11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Bratislava
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 2,134
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by slovakiasnextone View Post
Pánik not playing tonight´s game, Ružička is down to line No.4, so I guess they are on their best way home and we´re gonna be the ultimate pensioner team again. So why exactly did they bother with all this "we´re gonna build a young team for 2011 home IHWC" for all these years?....
Well obviously the right call was made. The old geezers showed they can still put the puck in the tonight. Demitra with a great heads up play to keep the puck in the o zone, passes to Stumpel (I think) who fakes a shot and sets up Satan for the game tying goal.

Then Demitra and Satan show off nifty moves in the shootout for the win.

Also I don't get this the bolded part of your post.

jcbio11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 02:35 PM
  #103
frostyflo
#peskyblues
 
frostyflo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Austria
Country: Austria
Posts: 3,174
vCash: 500
ugh, ugly game to watch, I guess not only for an Austrian?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcbio11 View Post
Well obviously the right call was made. The old geezers showed they can still put the puck in the tonight. Demitra with a great heads up play to keep the puck in the o zone, passes to Stumpel (I think) who fakes a shot and sets up Satan for the game tying goal.

Then Demitra and Satan show off nifty moves in the shootout for the win.

Also I don't get this the bolded part of your post.
you`re right, your oldies got it done but you forgot who the opponent was.
against faster, better squads some flashes of brilliance won`t be enough for you IMO

frostyflo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 02:41 PM
  #104
slovakiasnextone
Registered User
 
slovakiasnextone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Slovakia
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 5,083
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcbio11 View Post
Well obviously the right call was made. The old geezers showed they can still put the puck in the tonight. Demitra with a great heads up play to keep the puck in the o zone, passes to Stumpel (I think) who fakes a shot and sets up Satan for the game tying goal.

Then Demitra and Satan show off nifty moves in the shootout for the win.

Also I don't get this the bolded part of your post.
There´s kind of a difference between players of Demitra´s level and some others, but well never mind....it doesn´t seem that anyone has heard anything about balance when it commes to age in Slovak hockey...... oh, and asides from showing how they can put the puck into the net, the old geezers also tore the hockey power called Austria to pieces tonight, right?....

As for the 2nd part, when Filc took over as the NT coach for the 2nd time he claimed that his main role was to build a team and prepare the young players for the IHWC 2011 in 2009. Then when Hanlon took over they claimed the same again. I can dig you up numerous interviews where this was mentioned over and over again if you want. Yet here we are in late April 2011 and what is it we´re doing? Crossing our fingers that we get as many players from the Vancouver ensamble as possible (hell, they´d probably even want Pálffy if he were interested) and deciding to not invite/sent home the few young perspective players we actually have. It´s sad that even a foreign coach doesn´t have the balls that Július Šupler once had to tell some of the older players the No.

slovakiasnextone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 03:12 PM
  #105
walle
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Northpole
Posts: 1,253
vCash: 500
Anyone know what Zabo said about Hanlon after he left the team?

walle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 03:17 PM
  #106
slovakiasnextone
Registered User
 
slovakiasnextone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Slovakia
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 5,083
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by walle View Post
Anyone know what Zabo said about Hanlon after he left the team?
He said that he was expecting to be cut because of all the players comming in, but didn´t like the reasons. Hanlon told him that his hockey IQ wasn´t all that good or something along those lines when the game got faster, which Záborský didn´t agree with, he even said that one of them (Hanlon and Zabo) don´t understand hockey and that it probably wasn´t him. And then he said he wouldn´t play under Hanlon again.

Also, there was this incident where they called him to the NT for the Swiss Cup and told him to buy plane tickets form Finlad to Slovakia during the season and they told him they´d give him money for the tickets later as with all the other players. Then when he arrived to Slovakia he called them and they said that they decided to cancel his nomination to the NT, because it was too expensive for them to pay for his ticket. That´s what Záborský claims at least.

slovakiasnextone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 03:55 PM
  #107
jcbio11
Registered User
 
jcbio11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Bratislava
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 2,134
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by slovakiasnextone View Post
There´s kind of a difference between players of Demitra´s level and some others, but well never mind....it doesn´t seem that anyone has heard anything about balance when it commes to age in Slovak hockey...... oh, and asides from showing how they can put the puck into the net, the old geezers also tore the hockey power called Austria to pieces tonight, right?....

As for the 2nd part, when Filc took over as the NT coach for the 2nd time he claimed that his main role was to build a team and prepare the young players for the IHWC 2011 in 2009. Then when Hanlon took over they claimed the same again. I can dig you up numerous interviews where this was mentioned over and over again if you want. Yet here we are in late April 2011 and what is it we´re doing? Crossing our fingers that we get as many players from the Vancouver ensamble as possible (hell, they´d probably even want Pálffy if he were interested) and deciding to not invite/sent home the few young perspective players we actually have. It´s sad that even a foreign coach doesn´t have the balls that Július Šupler once had to tell some of the older players the No.
So what, Panik over Satan, is that what you're saying?

Give me some names, which young players do you want in and which older guys do you want out. Because otherwise your complaining is just really vague.

Hopefully I don't seem hostile, most definitely not my intention. Just the typical slovak negativism gets on my nerves sometimes Nothing's ever good and if something somehow is, it's only gonna get worse in the future.

jcbio11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 04:18 PM
  #108
slovakiasnextone
Registered User
 
slovakiasnextone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Slovakia
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 5,083
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcbio11 View Post
So what, Panik over Satan, is that what you're saying?

Give me some names, which young players do you want in and which older guys do you want out. Because otherwise your complaining is just really vague.

Hopefully I don't seem hostile, most definitely not my intention. Just the typical slovak negativism gets on my nerves sometimes Nothing's ever good and if something somehow is, it's only gonna get worse in the future.
Maybe, it´s the typical Slovak negativism, but when you read your last sentence it does describe the state of Slovak hockey pretty well, doesn´t it?

Well, for example the Šatan that played in the first few exhibition games, I´d take for example Pánik over him, as much as Miro tried he was pretty poor in them considering the amount of ice-time he got, but he got better as the games went by and I think that he justified his nomination.

But, then look for example we have had Ružička (of course I realize that this is a player that has many big quirks himself) as one of our top forwards early on and now that Zedník has come back, Ružička is all the way down to the 4th line and will probably pack his things as soon as Hossa and co. are out of the play-offs. Or when was the last time that Nagy actually played any good for the NT? Or the lieks of Bartovič or Surový, I have nothing personal against these players and I´m not saying they are bad players, but do you think that Pánik or Tatar would have played any worse than them? I just think that if we have numerous players that can play at around the same level I´d rather have a younger potential future NHL forward than an older avergae European league player on the roster. Or even when it is two European players like with Záborský, I´d choose the younger one. And as much as we might like some of the magic that the line which is older than 100 years when put together can show, I believe that in order for it to work against better opponents than Austria it would benefit largely if they had a young gun playing with them. So would the other lines. And considering how weak we´re at center, I might even consider calling up Viedenský with the year he had, I know he played only junior (but so did Pánik and he´s showing for the 2nd year that it´s enough for the NT), though I´d have him replacing Marcinko, another young player, but not really NT calibre (and doubt he´ll ever be). And would Hudacedk oerform worse than Lasak a sthe 2nd goalie? I think that opinions about that differ in this country, but you´r eprobably gonna tell me that we shouldn´t be risking with a young goalie as a back-up for the home WC- and that´s just it, look at Germany last year, with the 23 year old Endras as their starter last year with no other previous big international experience and where did he lead them? I don´t want a junior team to play for us, but I think that a balance with the young, the middle-aged and the old guys can be done and I think other countries have proven it.
EDIT: I forgot Marcel Hossa- I know not really old and I´m not saying he should go home, but he´s not good enough to be anything more than a 3rd liner for the NT and despite that he gets shots on the top 6 all the time.

Also, I believe it would be nice if Bondra and co. changed the way they communicate with the young players when I look at how thinsg played out with Tatar and later with Záborský. They should have let them know that there was no room for them this year early enough and talk to them about future championships. Tis way, we can´t be surprised in the future when the kids will decline to come and we´ll end up with a bunch of Extraliga no names with the hopes of being sold to Czech Extraliga trying to get us out of the first Division.


Last edited by slovakiasnextone: 04-21-2011 at 04:27 PM.
slovakiasnextone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 11:58 AM
  #109
Grabovski
Грабовский правил
 
Grabovski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Gomel, Belarus
Country: Belarus
Posts: 3,966
vCash: 500
Is Demitra playing? And is there a chance any of the young kids make it like Tatar, Panik, Marincin ect.?


Last edited by Grabovski: 04-22-2011 at 12:25 PM.
Grabovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 01:29 PM
  #110
jcbio11
Registered User
 
jcbio11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Bratislava
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 2,134
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabovski View Post
Is Demitra playing? And is there a chance any of the young kids make it like Tatar, Panik, Marincin ect.?
Yes. (Demitra)

No. (kids)

jcbio11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 01:34 PM
  #111
slovakiasnextone
Registered User
 
slovakiasnextone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Slovakia
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 5,083
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcbio11 View Post
Yes. (Demitra)

No. (kids)
They might give Pánik at least the 13th forward spot if the NHL doesn´t go the way they want to.

slovakiasnextone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 02:09 PM
  #112
slovakiasnextone
Registered User
 
slovakiasnextone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Slovakia
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 5,083
vCash: 500
According to Slovak TV Markíza Tomáš Kopecký has broken ribs, so he is out of the WC (in case Chicago gets eliminated).

slovakiasnextone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 03:12 PM
  #113
Krotak
is the Legend
 
Krotak's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Slovakia
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 587
vCash: 500
Actual Roster of Slovak NT

Goalies: Jaroslav Halák (St. Louis Blues/NHL), Ján Lašák (Jokerit Helsinki/Fín.), Peter Hamerlík (HC Oceláři Třinec/ČR)

Defenders: Milan Jurčina (New York Islanders/USA, NHL), Ivan Baranka (Spartak Moskva/Rus., KHL), Martin Štrbák (OHK Dinamo Moskva/KHL), Dominik Graňák (OHK Dinamo Moskva/Rus., KHL), Peter Podhradský (Dinamo Minsk/Biel., KHL), Michal Sersen (Avtomobilist Jekaterinburg/Rus., KHL), Richard Stehlík (Kometa Brno/ČR), Ivan Švarný (HC Litvínov/ČR), Ivan Majeský (Skelleftea/Švéd.).

Forwards: Milan Bartovič (HC Bílí Tigři Liberec/ČR), Martin Cibák (Severstaľ Čerepovec/Rus., KHL), Marcel Hossa (AK Bars Kazaň/Rus., KHL), Richard Pánik (Guelph Storm/Kan.,OHL), Richard Zedník (AIK Štokholm/Švéd.), Branko Radivojevič (Spartak Moskva/Rus., KHL), Štefan Ružička (Spartak Moskva/Rus., KHL), Miroslav Šatan (OHK Dinamo Moskva/Rus., KHL), Tomáš Surový (Dinamo Riga/Lot., KHL), Jozef Stümpel (Dinamo Minsk/Biel., KHL), Tomáš Marcinko (Bridgeport Sound Tigers/USA, AHL), Pavol Demitra (Lokomotiv Jaroslavľ/Rus, KHL), Ladislav Nagy, Ľuboš Bartečko (obaja MODO Hockey/Švéd.).

At the moment there are 3 goalies, 9 defenders and 14 forwards. It means, it's already necessary to scratch at least 2 defenders and 1 forward (if we count on classic roster G: 2+1, D: 6+1, F: 12+1).

If we consider, 1 defender from NHL is almost certain (Sekera or Meszaroš), then I think there's no room for Richard Stehlík, Ivan Švarný and Ivan Majeský.

When I look at group of forwards, there are just 4 natural centers (Stumpel, Cibák, Demitra) and Marcinko. Glen Hanlon put together Stumpel and Demitra in one line, so... I know Surový, Bartečko and Šatan played center, but it's a bit strange for me. I hope, it doesn't mean bye bye for Pánik . In my opinion there's no room for Marcinko.

And who will be next after additions from NHL? Bartovič, Zedník, Cibák, Surový, Nagy ?

Krotak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 03:17 PM
  #114
Grabovski
Грабовский правил
 
Grabovski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Gomel, Belarus
Country: Belarus
Posts: 3,966
vCash: 500
Does Juraj Mikus from the Toronto Marlies have a chance to make it?

Grabovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 03:20 PM
  #115
Krotak
is the Legend
 
Krotak's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Slovakia
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 587
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabovski View Post
Does Juraj Mikus from the Toronto Marlies have a chance to make it?
No, he's out. Look at the top, on the current roster...

Krotak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 03:27 PM
  #116
slovakiasnextone
Registered User
 
slovakiasnextone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Slovakia
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 5,083
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krotak View Post
Goalies: Jaroslav Halák (St. Louis Blues/NHL), Ján Lašák (Jokerit Helsinki/Fín.), Peter Hamerlík (HC Oceláři Třinec/ČR)

Defenders: Milan Jurčina (New York Islanders/USA, NHL), Ivan Baranka (Spartak Moskva/Rus., KHL), Martin Štrbák (OHK Dinamo Moskva/KHL), Dominik Graňák (OHK Dinamo Moskva/Rus., KHL), Peter Podhradský (Dinamo Minsk/Biel., KHL), Michal Sersen (Avtomobilist Jekaterinburg/Rus., KHL), Richard Stehlík (Kometa Brno/ČR), Ivan Švarný (HC Litvínov/ČR), Ivan Majeský (Skelleftea/Švéd.).

Forwards: Milan Bartovič (HC Bílí Tigři Liberec/ČR), Martin Cibák (Severstaľ Čerepovec/Rus., KHL), Marcel Hossa (AK Bars Kazaň/Rus., KHL), Richard Pánik (Guelph Storm/Kan.,OHL), Richard Zedník (AIK Štokholm/Švéd.), Branko Radivojevič (Spartak Moskva/Rus., KHL), Štefan Ružička (Spartak Moskva/Rus., KHL), Miroslav Šatan (OHK Dinamo Moskva/Rus., KHL), Tomáš Surový (Dinamo Riga/Lot., KHL), Jozef Stümpel (Dinamo Minsk/Biel., KHL), Tomáš Marcinko (Bridgeport Sound Tigers/USA, AHL), Pavol Demitra (Lokomotiv Jaroslavľ/Rus, KHL), Ladislav Nagy, Ľuboš Bartečko (obaja MODO Hockey/Švéd.).

At the moment there are 3 goalies, 9 defenders and 14 forwards. It means, it's already necessary to scratch at least 2 defenders and 1 forward (if we count on classic roster G: 2+1, D: 6+1, F: 12+1).

If we consider, 1 defender from NHL is almost certain (Sekera or Meszaroš), then I think there's no room for Richard Stehlík, Ivan Švarný and Ivan Majeský.

When I look at group of forwards, there are just 4 natural centers (Stumpel, Cibák, Demitra) and Marcinko. Glen Hanlon put together Stumpel and Demitra in one line, so... I know Surový, Bartečko and Šatan played center, but it's a bit strange for me. I hope, it doesn't mean bye bye for Pánik . In my opinion there's no room for Marcinko.

And who will be next after additions from NHL? Bartovič, Zedník, Cibák, Surový, Nagy ?
I expect Pánik and Ružička to be the next cuts......

slovakiasnextone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 05:52 PM
  #117
Krotak
is the Legend
 
Krotak's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Slovakia
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 587
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by slovakiasnextone View Post
I expect Pánik and Ružička to be the next cuts......
Don't scare me!?

BTW Probably the only positive think of the Slovakia - Austria exhibition game:

Pavol Demitra and his Deja Vu of Vancouver :


Krotak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 09:54 PM
  #118
Harv
R.I.P. Pavol.
 
Harv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 5,632
vCash: 500
Any chance of Handzuš coming when LA gets bounced? Totally forgot about him out there.


The team could get a boat load of NHLers if everything pans out. Big Z, Lubo, Andrej M., Gabby, Majo, Handzu...

I'm seeing alot of cuts...

Harv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2011, 02:43 PM
  #119
1967cougar
 
1967cougar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Michigan, USA
Country: United States
Posts: 24
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabovski View Post
Is Demitra playing? And is there a chance any of the young kids make it like Tatar, Panik, Marincin ect.?
no tatar

1967cougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2011, 04:39 PM
  #120
1967cougar
 
1967cougar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Michigan, USA
Country: United States
Posts: 24
vCash: 500
upcoming gaborik sighting in BTS?

Wondering if there will be Gaborik sightings in Bratislava starting monday or tuesday.......Rangers looked pathetic today.

1967cougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2011, 04:58 PM
  #121
slovakiasnextone
Registered User
 
slovakiasnextone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Slovakia
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 5,083
vCash: 500
Depends- Will he be healthy? After few last years noone is 100% expecting him just cuz the Rangers are out.....this year is different of course, but you never know with him......And I hope he deson´t bring his "form" with him......

slovakiasnextone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2011, 06:05 PM
  #122
1967cougar
 
1967cougar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Michigan, USA
Country: United States
Posts: 24
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by slovakiasnextone View Post
Depends- Will he be healthy? After few last years noone is 100% expecting him just cuz the Rangers are out.....this year is different of course, but you never know with him......And I hope he deson´t bring his "form" with him......
rumors on this board suggest there may be a secret knee injury.

I'm hoping he was resting during the series with Washington.

1967cougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2011, 08:02 PM
  #123
Grabovski
Грабовский правил
 
Grabovski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Gomel, Belarus
Country: Belarus
Posts: 3,966
vCash: 500
Any news on if Gaborik will join the team? I mean he is going to be in Slovakia, and since you guys are the host might as well lace them up.

Grabovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 10:11 AM
  #124
slovakiasnextone
Registered User
 
slovakiasnextone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Slovakia
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 5,083
vCash: 500
Gáborík says he´s okay and would liek to play. Pánik´s already been sent home.

slovakiasnextone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 11:45 AM
  #125
Major4Boarding
Global Moderator
A Jelly Donut!?!
 
Major4Boarding's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: South of Heaven
Country: Scotland
Posts: 2,436
vCash: 500
More details please on Panik being sent home

Major4Boarding is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:54 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.