HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

A Message to Canuck Fans Old & New

Closed Thread

Old
03-24-2011, 06:12 PM
Meganuck*

vCash: 500
A Message to Canuck Fans Old & New

I'm creating this thread to say that fans of this team really need to stop making new threads on the General discussion thread EVERY single day and for absolutely no reason about the Canucks.

It just results in flaming and useless arguing with other fanbases. Sure, if they win the president's trophy or the division, it's definately worth it.

But not because you think they're the most "exciting team" or you had a dream they won the cup or you think the Sedins are better than Gretzky.

Before a couple of you post on here and say you dont care what fans of other teams think, think about it. If you dont care what they think, why are you posting it on the main forum.

By all means post it in the Canucks' forum. The mods can handle it. Just like they may handle this thread.

We are excited about our team and rightfully so. Fans of other teams hate us and dont want to be reminded that some their teams are losing and may not make the playoffs.

Old
03-24-2011, 06:49 PM
Uhmkay
Weber2Canucks2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricCartman View Post
I'm creating this thread to say that fans of this team really need to stop making new threads on the General discussion thread EVERY single day and for absolutely no reason about the Canucks.

It just results in flaming and useless arguing with other fanbases. Sure, if they win the president's trophy or the division, it's definately worth it.

But not because you think they're the most "exciting team" or you had a dream they won the cup or you think the Sedins are better than Gretzky.

Before a couple of you post on here and say you dont care what fans of other teams think, think about it. If you dont care what they think, why are you posting it on the main forum.

By all means post it in the Canucks' forum. The mods can handle it. Just like they may handle this thread.

We are excited about our team and rightfully so. Fans of other teams hate us and dont want to be reminded that some their teams are losing and may not make the playoffs.
Actually, I love how other fans perceive us and I love going into the General Discussion forums and see threads about the Canucks team.

I think I'm going to go post a thread about Higgins impact on our 4th line there right now... because I want to know what everyone in the league thinks of Higgins massive impact.

Tomorrow I'll talk about Rypien, soon to once again be the toughest pound for pound guy in the NHL, coming back to play for the canucks soon.

The other fans can.... Deal with it.

Old
03-24-2011, 06:51 PM
Hammer2Time

why are you whining, if you dont like it dont read it. I personally dont make threads or try and convince fans how great the canucks are. The stats do the talking this regular season but as far as im concerned they could have finished 16th of the playoff teams I wasnt going to start judging this team until the playoffs regardless.

Old
03-24-2011, 06:52 PM
josquin*

I am a self-hating Canucks fan for this very reason.

Old
03-24-2011, 06:52 PM
Chairman Maouth
Global Moderator

vCash: 20000
I'd like to see this thread closed, then stickied to the top of this forum. Then have some bright flashing lights put on it. Maybe a loud horn too.

Old
03-24-2011, 06:56 PM
vancityluongo
undisputed genius

vCash: 1070
Thing is, for the most part, the "Canucks fans" on the main boards aren't regulars on this board. It's mainly accounts from late 2010-2011 spewing the usual "are the Sedins HHOF worthy?" type threads. Same thing happens with other fanbases that have recently started winning like the Pens, Hawks, etc. The trolls show up and pledge their alligience to whatever team is winning.

Old
03-24-2011, 07:03 PM
NuxFan09

Quote:
Originally Posted by vancityluongo View Post
Thing is, for the most part, the "Canucks fans" on the main boards aren't regulars on this board. It's mainly accounts from late 2010-2011 spewing the usual "are the Sedins HHOF worthy?" type threads. Same thing happens with other fanbases that have recently started winning like the Pens, Hawks, etc. The trolls show up and pledge their alligience to whatever team is winning.
This is exactly it. I, myself, am sometimes guilty of getting sucked into the arguments because I just can't stand the constant Canucks trolling, but I don't think I've seen any of us Canucks board regulars creating threads.

Nonethless, you have some good points, EricCartman. All of just have to be content to discuss all things Canucks here at the Canucks boards. That said, none of us should be ashamed to make a thread on the main boards for a legitimate reason.

Old
03-24-2011, 07:08 PM
skipole
Professional Cynic

There are threads on the main NHL board about Garth Snow, a save by Jonathan Quick, and the Florida Panthers. There's even a sticky thread dedicated to Steven Stamkos' goal count.

Given all that, I don't see any reason why Canucks fans - of whom there are a huge number on HFBoards - shouldn't be allowed to create threads discussing Nucks players or other things related to the franchise. This is especially true when you consider Vancouver leads the league in points, has the league's two leading scorers, and will likely bring home the Art Ross/Hart for a second consecutive year.

If a thread is not worthy of a place on the main NHL board, then the moderators can move it to somewhere more appropriate or delete it altogether. Just because there are a large number of Canuck-hating fans represented on HFBoards doesn't mean Nucks fans should be barred from posting Canucks-related threads on there.

If you can wade through the Nuck-hating trolls, it's often really interesting to hear what non-fans have to say about the Canucks franchise. Sometimes you get good insight and thoughts that you wouldn't get on this forum where everyone has rose-coloured Canucks glasses on.

Old
03-24-2011, 07:10 PM
PRNuck
Retain Kevin Lowe

vCash: 833
BRB making a "who do you think are the best twins in the league?" poll in general forum.

Old
03-24-2011, 07:10 PM
God
Free Citizen

who ****ing cares if other teams whine about the canucks. haters gonna hate.

i'm going to talk about my team no matter what, sorry. not gonna let a bunch of jealous fans of other teams **** on my wasted time on these boards.

Old
03-24-2011, 07:13 PM
Bim Jenning

I believe we have a saying around here..

DEAL WITH IT. Our fanbase is to big to control. Idiots gonna be idiots.

Old
03-24-2011, 07:32 PM
Petey Cee
reel gud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chairman Maouth View Post
SAY NOTHING TO ANYONE ON BEHALF OF THE CANUCKS.
noawdawdawdawd

Old
03-24-2011, 07:51 PM
dangerzone

Who is the best goalie in the NHL whose first name is Roberto??!/11~!

Old
03-24-2011, 08:08 PM
JBIZ14

Quote:

How about you quite posting altogether then? I have read a lot of your post history and you are the last person who should be calling out a fanbase.

I don't really create a lot of threads but at the same time I understand those who do...I would much rather discuss my team with fans of other teams then with mine...I know what the general fanbase thinks of certain players/moves and such. I come to HF to have discussion with other fans, read how they feel. If Canucks fans only post Canucks topics on this sub-forum I might as well go to CDC.

Old
03-24-2011, 08:12 PM
LickTheEnvelope
6th Overall Blows

The silly ones are annoying but I don't mind if people post things about the Canucks on the main board too.

The "are the Canucks the most dominant team..." one was over the top.

I don't think many people posting those threads actually come over to this Canucks forum.

Old
03-24-2011, 08:18 PM
HeadLikeAnOrange*

Quote:

God forbid we push a thread about the GEICO caveman commercials to the 2nd page.

Let the haters hate and let the mods be mods.

This forced humility is why I dislike the 'win it for manny' avatar theme. We either need to stick with self-deprecating humor (40 year old virgin) or just fly the a**hole flag (classless!)

/in response to the bolded above: We don't care what the other fans think about us, not necessarily the team or the topic at hand

Old
03-24-2011, 08:47 PM
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
The Modfather

vCash: 50
If you disagree with the content of a thread, ignore it. If it violates site rules, report it. No matter which fourm it is on.

Closing this down.

Closed Thread