HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Cammalleri thread

Old
01-07-2011, 03:48 PM
BenchBrawl
joueur de hockey

vCash: 800
Official Cammalleri thread

Everybody knows I hated Cammelleri from day 1 and of course every opinions I have of him will be seen as biased , rightfully so.

But let's be honest , this guy doesn't deserve that big of a contract and we're now stuck with a guy that lack offensive talent besides a good shot ( which is not working at the moment ) and a guy that clearly takes too much place on the team for the lack of leadership skills he's showing and the lack of puck/game-control that makes a great offensive player.Is anyone truly on the edge of their seat when Cammalleri is in control of the puck? Does anybody thinks this guy actually control the game when on the ice? Does anybody thinks he truly has any ''presence'' on the ice except when we're really well placed to make him shoot near the net? I'm not dissing his ability to find the holes when he can have a good shot but this is not superstar quality , he's just a good scorer ( not scoring this year ) that shouldn't be treated like he was the second coming of Guy Lafleur.

What do you all think of his play?

BenchBrawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2011, 03:50 PM
Patrice Brisebois

vCash: 500
If only we were somehow able to get Kessel instead.

Patrice Brisebois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2011, 04:01 PM
Craig71

I sort of agree with you on Cammy. I think he is Ryder 2 except that he is better with the media. He does not PK and is not good defensively and is not a good passer. He is a poor mans Brett Hull when he is on his game and when he is not, he is what we have now, which is exactly why he is not in L.A or Calgary anymore.

Craig71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2011, 04:03 PM
Galchenyum
AGally+BGally

He's a streaky player, he'll explode eventually and score a bunch of goals in a short time frame. I also disagree with you, Cammy's got pretty good hands and is actually an underrated passer too. I'll agree that he can be invisible sometimes though but that's usually when his line as a whole isn't having the best game.

Galchenyum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2011, 04:13 PM
BenchBrawl
joueur de hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig71 View Post
I sort of agree with you on Cammy. I think he is Ryder 2 except that he is better with the media. He does not PK and is not good defensively and is not a good passer. He is a poor mans Brett Hull when he is on his game and when he is not, he is what we have now, which is exactly why he is not in L.A or Calgary anymore.
Couldn't agree more.

Just one thing , Ryder wasn't paid that much and actually threw some hits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrei Kostitsyn View Post
He's a streaky player, he'll explode eventually and score a bunch of goals in a short time frame. I also disagree with you, Cammy's got pretty good hands and is actually an underrated passer too. I'll agree that he can be invisible sometimes though but that's usually when his line as a whole isn't having the best game.
How is Cammalleri an underrated passer? The guy never pass and when he does he reminds you why he doesn't very often.His hands are average AT BEST.As for his hands , since when does Cammelleri control the play? He sure try and failed again and again , wether when in the offensive zone or trying to enter the zone just to pointlessly lose the puck everytime.

Last edited by LyricalLyricist: 03-19-2011 at 01:23 AM.
Old
01-07-2011, 04:23 PM
Rusty Shackleford
Leafs Nation

Quote:
How the **** is being a poor man's Brett Hull bad?

Rusty Shackleford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2011, 04:23 PM
Habs

Yet another reason to fire Martin really. If your top players aren't producing, there is a problem. Its not one player, its all of them.. and at those prices and these returns... I'd make some changes soon.

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2011, 04:24 PM
Natedawg
Lars Eller

Cammy deserves every penny. You tell me who would have scored all those huge goals in last seasons playoffs?

He is a goalscorer. Goalscorers are streaky. He will start to finish them

Natedawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2011, 04:30 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 152
Cammalleri is a notch under elite. 35+ goal scorer and potential PPG player. He wins a lot of puck battles and protects the puck well. Is he a superstar? Hell no, but Plek, Cam, Markov, and Price are the closest thing to franchise players we have. His playoffs last year should earn him a little bit of time I think. We'll see how he ends the year and does in PO again.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2011, 04:30 PM
MicroFracture

The Cammalleri hate is pathetic.

Where is he? At the same place Pleks and Kostitsyn are, too. They've been pretty invisible for the last couple of games, actually the Habs aren't generating a lot of offense lately.

It really baffles me that you call a guy who cracked 80 pts twice and scored 39 goals including the playoffs last year as not having offensive talent. How much more delusional can you get?

Quote:

Last time I checked, Kings and Flames fans wished he stayed. They're not glad he's gone, wtf.

Last edited by LyricalLyricist: 03-19-2011 at 01:23 AM.
MicroFracture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2011, 04:41 PM
Ginu

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReenMachine View Post
Everybody knows I hated Cammelleri from day 1 and of course every opinions I have of him will be seen as biased , rightfully so.

But let's be honest , this guy doesn't deserve that big of a contract and we're now stuck with a guy that lack offensive talent besides a good shot ( which is not working at the moment ) and a guy that clearly takes too much place on the team for the lack of leadership skills he's showing and the lack of puck/game-control that makes a great offensive player.Is anyone truly on the edge of their seat when Cammalleri is in control of the puck? Does anybody thinks this guy actually control the game when on the ice? Does anybody thinks he truly has any ''presence'' on the ice except when we're really well placed to make him shoot near the net? I'm not dissing his ability to find the holes when he can have a good shot but this is not superstar quality , he's just a good scorer ( not scoring this year ) that shouldn't be treated like he was the second coming of Guy Lafleur.

What do you all think of his play?
You cannot be a Habs fan and hate Cammalleri . He's the epitome of what we look for in a playoff performer. Granted he's struggling right now, but I'm scared to ask who you actually like on this team if you hate Cammalleri? The only reason I personally did not want him as captain was to let him focus on scoring goals. If that wasn't the case, he'd be my runaway winner for his actions on and off the ice.

Ginu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2011, 04:44 PM
Habit11

Has Cammalleri been compared to Ryder? Really? Do people watch hockey games at all?

Habit11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Cammalleri has had two season where he got a point per game average.

If you take a look at his career season by season, you will notice that his production is not consistent at all, so this output should come as no surprise. As mentioned, Cammy is a very streaky player but the one positive constant I see from him is that his game gets better as the games get bigger.

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
sheed36

I think Cammy is still on that playground flipping that tire.. Someone tell him the season as started and we're still waiting for answers..

sheed36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2011, 04:46 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrice Brisebois View Post
If only we were somehow able to get Kessel instead.
In all seriousness, I'd love having both.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2011, 04:47 PM
Charlie Milles*
Uh... Go Canucks?

I couldn't get over how poorly he played last night. He was just awful.

Charlie Milles* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2011, 04:47 PM
ECWHSWI
Spartan mic'

he's here for a few more years, so get used to it.

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2011, 04:51 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

I can't say anything that hasn't already been said, he's just a streaky goal scorer. They pretty well all are except for the elite ones.

Cammalleri goes through these spells, gets haters, then goes on a hot streak and everyone is on the wagon again. Check the Leafs boards and search Kessel, it's the same friggen thing. One week the trade with Boston is the worst in the history of the NHL, the next week Kessel scores 6 goals in 3 games and it's a stroke of genius from Brian Burke.

I like Cammalleri.

JGRB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2011, 04:53 PM
KingGallagherXI

You're right, Cammalleri sucks this year. But he was beast last playoffs and he can be clutch - when his game is on.

KingGallagherXI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2011, 04:57 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 883
This is how he's been for years, very streaky. Look at his game logs. He'll score a bunch of goals in a short period of time soon and his goal/game average will be back to career norm. Until then (and when he'll go on a dry spell again), haters are going to hate. This is pretty common in snipers around the league.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2011, 04:59 PM
BenchBrawl
joueur de hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
Cammalleri is a notch under elite. 35+ goal scorer and potential PPG player. He wins a lot of puck battles and protects the puck well. Is he a superstar? Hell no, but Plek, Cam, Markov, and Price are the closest thing to franchise players we have. His playoffs last year should earn him a little bit of time I think. We'll see how he ends the year and does in PO again.
You could maybe sell me on some things about Cammalleri but jesus christ , I hope you are kidding.He's by far the player that loses most of his battle with the puck.It'si ncredible how weak he is along the board.

Old
01-07-2011, 05:02 PM
BenchBrawl
joueur de hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginu View Post
You cannot be a Habs fan and hate Cammalleri . He's the epitome of what we look for in a playoff performer. Granted he's struggling right now, but I'm scared to ask who you actually like on this team if you hate Cammalleri? The only reason I personally did not want him as captain was to let him focus on scoring goals. If that wasn't the case, he'd be my runaway winner for his actions on and off the ice.
Yes I can.

Old
01-07-2011, 05:04 PM
phoque taupe

He's a clutch player.

He scored our 20,000th goal
He had a hat trick on our 100th bday

He scored 13g in the playoff
'His 13 goals were highlighted with scoring 7 goals in a seven-game series against the Pittsburgh Penguins. The feat tied a Canadiens team record held by Maurice Richard, Jean Beliveau, Bernie Geoffrion, Guy Lafleur, Frank Mahovlich and Marcel Bonin.'

What a slacker. It was the 1st time he saw the 2nd round (and of course the 3rd one) in his NHL career.

Yes of course, hes not playing at the same level he was in the last playoffs, but he will bounce when it matters.

He seems PO at something since the pre-season. He took many stupid penalty while being on the powerplay, got suspended, cant catch a pass to save his team, he doesnt seem focus.

I thought he was going to score on his shootout attempt, but PJ Stock jinxed us.

phoque taupe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2011, 05:11 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 883
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReenMachine View Post
Yes I can.
Good on you. You hate him and you make sure everyone knows it. People hated Koivu and booed Price so nothing surprises me. I've accepted that Habs fans are a special beast.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2011, 05:19 PM
OugaMax

Yeah Cammy is a streaky player and when he scores we tend to forget the rest of his game. But when he doesnt put the puck in the net, his weaknesses are obvious.
- No physical game
- Lose most of his battle near the boards.
- Bad decisions when he's rushed that create turnovers (Have you ever notice how often he lose the puck on the PP?! If he can't take a shot it seems like he doesn't know what to do and often make a bad pass!).

I like Cammalleri and I know he's paid to score goals, not for the other aspects of his game. But for the moment, let's be honest, he's creating way too many turnovers to be an effective player...and he's not scoring !

OugaMax is offline   Reply With Quote