Marc Savard - ALL - updates and discussion here

Old
01-18-2012, 03:36 PM
ksp1957

vCash: 361
Send a message via AIM to ksp1957
Quote:
Originally Posted by NathanSeguin View Post
"The League" didn't make it so Savard can't even "easily" ride a bicycle without feeling like crap. Matt ****ing Cooke did. And he didn't even get a 2 minute minor for ruining someone's life. Coward. Both the NHL and Pittsburgh should be ashamed that they employ a guy like him...I don't care how good of a penalty killer he is and how much he has changed. Disgusting.
I'm trying to figure out who I hate more, Matt Cooke or Ulfie Samuelsson. I think it's a tie and my blood pressure goes up any time I think of either of them. Either way, both players ended a Bruins star's career and largely either got lauded for it or got away unpunished by the league or the Bruins players. I get sick every time I see a post defending either POS. Neely has a normal life and his name is on the Cup, so I hope that Savard ends up having a normal life. Cooke can rot in hell.

ksp1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 04:02 PM
mdonova33

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NathanSeguin View Post
I know this is from months ago....but read this:

"The League" didn't make it so Savard can't even "easily" ride a bicycle without feeling like crap. Matt ****ing Cooke did. And he didn't even get a 2 minute minor for ruining someone's life. Coward. Both the NHL and Pittsburgh should be ashamed that they employ a guy like him...I don't care how good of a penalty killer he is and how much he has changed. Disgusting.
100% agree with you. It's ridiculous.

mdonova33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 04:41 PM
Ladyfan
Miss you Savvy !

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Rhian View Post
Dontcha know Matt Cooke is a born again "clean" hockey player?

Matt Cooke, go *bleep* yourself, *******. Unfortunately, I won't forget you anytime soon.
Have I told you how pleased I am that you are posting more ?

It gives me a smile when I see you here.

I think a few of us agree about cooke.

01-18-2012, 09:34 PM
HumBucker
HFBoards Sponsor

Marc, you were already a champion in the hearts of Bruins fans. You helped turn this franchise around with your competitive spirit and hunger for winning. You were a large part of turning the Bruins into a Stanley Cup-winning team. Congrats on deservedly getting your name on the Cup.

HumBucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 09:50 PM
PatriceBergeronFan
U.S. Army Hooah!

I personally have no idea how/why Cooke is even allowed to share the same ice as the Bruins during a Bruins-Pens game; they should be going after him hard every single shift; big hits, challenges, etc. Make him cry and cower on the bench.

Cooke does not belong in the NHL, and he should have been banned from hockey period.

PatriceBergeronFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 01:46 AM
Causeway
Formerly Monti46

Send a message via AIM to Causeway Send a message via Skype™ to Causeway
Ughh, can you imagine if this never happened? How good this already dominant team would be?

I guess you can argue things might have happened differently, but it's always fun to dream.

This isn't a matter of just a hockey career being ended, but his life right now is a daily struggle. How fair is it that Matt Cooke is out there today doing the thing he will never love half as much as Savard does, while he sits at home lightheaded from barely riding a bike?

If the world is just, we will see Marc Savard in a Bruins uniform again. Never give up hope, because you know Savvy won't either.

Causeway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 02:23 AM
kman22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montiverdi46 View Post
Ughh, can you imagine if this never happened? How good this already dominant team would be?

I guess you can argue things might have happened differently, but it's always fun to dream.

This isn't a matter of just a hockey career being ended, but his life right now is a daily struggle. How fair is it that Matt Cooke is out there today doing the thing he will never love half as much as Savard does, while he sits at home lightheaded from barely riding a bike?

If the world is just, we will see Marc Savard in a Bruins uniform again. Never give up hope, because you know Savvy won't either.
Especially the Power Play, adding Savard's talent would do wonders for what has been the achilles' heel of this team recently.

I just hope he at least recovers to the point where it doesn't impact his day to day life anymore.

kman22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 09:12 AM
Hit the search party

miss this cat on the ice

Hit the search party is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 09:53 AM
ska8ter8808

@MSavvy91
marc savard
Headaches this young morning but its still early I hope it subsides but ill be fine. I love my kids.
22 minutes ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®

ska8ter8808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 10:00 AM
Latrappe
Selke winner

I think Savard should come to the reality that he will never play again. Being an healthy father should be the most important thing. There's no need to drag the whole process when the conclusion is so obvious.

Latrappe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 10:04 AM
icyblue

I really miss seeing Savvy on the ice. It's sad to see he's still not feeling well and experiencing headaches.

icyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 10:50 AM
sooshii
Living the dream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latrappe View Post
I think Savard should come to the reality that he will never play again. Being an healthy father should be the most important thing. There's no need to drag the whole process when the conclusion is so obvious.
who says he hasn't?

sooshii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 10:53 AM
Kate08
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sooshii View Post
who says he hasn't?
Seriously. That's projecting fan expectations onto Savard's expectations.

Kate08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 11:31 AM
Lady Rhian
St. McQuaid he aint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latrappe View Post
I don't think that Savvy has any designs on playing again, to be honest. He is living his life the best that he can, and he is doing a lot with his sons and is really enjoying himself, getting the chance to help coach one of his kids teams and seeing the other play. However, he still has to try and lead a normal life, and testing out his limitations is what he is suppose to do, under the care of a neurosurgeon. They have you do small things, a little at a time, to see what your head can tolerate. He was probably encouraged to try riding the bike for a few minutes a day and maybe another exercise or two to see if his headaches would resume, get worse, or not happen at all.

Money wise- he can't retire, or he'll lose it all, I believe. At least I read that on here somewhere, so maybe that's why he hasn't announced any retirement yet I am sure.

Lady Rhian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 12:01 PM
TheShoe82
No Diving!

Quote:
I don't think that Savvy has any designs on playing again, to be honest. He is living his life the best that he can, and he is doing a lot with his sons and is really enjoying himself, getting the chance to help coach one of his kids teams and seeing the other play. However, he still has to try and lead a normal life, and testing out his limitations is what he is suppose to do, under the care of a neurosurgeon. They have you do small things, a little at a time, to see what your head can tolerate. He was probably encouraged to try riding the bike for a few minutes a day and maybe another exercise or two to see if his headaches would resume, get worse, or not happen at all.

Money wise- he can't retire, or he'll lose it all, I believe. At least I read that on here somewhere, so maybe that's why he hasn't announced any retirement yet I am sure.
Bruins will also be on the hook for the cap hit. By putting him on LTIR, it helps both parties mutually.

TheShoe82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 12:06 PM
Elliot Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by ska8ter8808 View Post
@MSavvy91
marc savard
Headaches this young morning but its still early I hope it subsides but ill be fine. I love my kids.
22 minutes ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®
Is this an actual quote from Marc Savard (sorry I am an old-timer and don't exactly 100% understand references to tweets and berries, etc.)

Elliot Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 12:15 PM
Lady Rhian
St. McQuaid he aint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliot Williams View Post
Is this an actual quote from Marc Savard (sorry I am an old-timer and don't exactly 100% understand references to tweets and berries, etc.)
Yes, it is. His account was confirmed by Twitter as well as a couple of media sources.

Lady Rhian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 01:46 PM
Elliot Williams

Quote:
Yes, it is. His account was confirmed by Twitter as well as a couple of media sources.
Good heavens. To say exactly what he did on a public posting means he is still toughing it out. Wow, what a debilitating and lingering injury. All I can say is that I sympathize with him.

Elliot Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 08:47 PM
ORRMAN

Get well, Marc! We're all pulling for you.

ORRMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 09:14 PM
GordonHowe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksp1957 View Post
I'm trying to figure out who I hate more, Matt Cooke or Ulfie Samuelsson. I think it's a tie and my blood pressure goes up any time I think of either of them. Either way, both players ended a Bruins star's career and largely either got lauded for it or got away unpunished by the league or the Bruins players. I get sick every time I see a post defending either POS. Neely has a normal life and his name is on the Cup, so I hope that Savard ends up having a normal life. Cooke can rot in hell.
This. ^ And this.

GordonHowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 09:17 PM
GordonHowe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ORRMAN View Post
Get well, Marc! We're all pulling for you.
*And this.* Send Marc a supportive "tweat" at @MSavvy91,

GordonHowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 10:21 PM
Hamilton Brian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShoe82 View Post
Bruins will also be on the hook for the cap hit. By putting him on LTIR, it helps both parties mutually.
One good thing about this current CBA.

Hamilton Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 11:02 PM
Sam the Lion
**** the Habs

Discussion of Savvy's cap hit - in this thread - just feels kinda callous and mercenary to me. Not distasteful, but it just feels odd.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure there is a better forum for such discussion?

Get well baby. Just get well.

Sam the Lion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 11:04 PM
eightspokedb
pickee chickadee

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksp1957 View Post
I'm trying to figure out who I hate more, Matt Cooke or Ulfie Samuelsson. I think it's a tie and my blood pressure goes up any time I think of either of them.
I have enough hate for the both of them.

eightspokedb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 02:54 AM
sooshii
Living the dream

Guess who's coming to Boston...
Quote:
I get to visit the suite sat at 1pm and hang out with kids and there parents from childrens hospital..snow storm hit Toronto today thank god

sooshii is offline   Reply With Quote