HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Washington @ Montreal 7:00PM EST (CBC HD,RDS HD)

Closed Thread

Old
03-26-2011, 05:44 PM
LesHabsRock

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryI View Post
Ok so we get blown out for the first time this season and we have to forfeit the season? Most of the teams got blown out this year and some of them rebounded. After the Caps lost 6-0 at home to the Rangers, they won 9 in a row. After the Flyers lost 7-0 in NY they won 3 in a row.

I'm actually quite surprised we haven't been blown out until late March.
It wasn't just the one game we got blown out in. The Rangers beat us 6-3 two games prior, but it was 5-1 after one period. The game was over in the first period and the Habs just couldn't recover. There has been a habit developing recently and I hope it ends tonight. This is a good test tonight to see how badly they want it. The Rags have finally caught up to us. Habs have to push back.

Old
03-26-2011, 05:44 PM
CrAzYNiNe

Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plekamaniac View Post
I am the biggest Carey Price fan there is.

I am also not negative, but I am realistic.

I love this team, but we just don't have the horses this year boys, if we do in fact make the playoffs.
Saying that you're realistic and thinking this team has no chance is being negative. Like most teams when they come to play they can beat anyone, lately they aren't playing like they can beat anyone, so we say we are being realistic.

Old
03-26-2011, 05:45 PM
FeelsLike93

Why even bother coming to Hf when the habs on a losing streak I'm just gonna stop. Come in here try to post something positive and get attacked by what I think are 'Habs fans' jeez we lose a few games and the whole mood changes. I really hope you guys can take a breather wayyy too many negative nancys its horrrible.

I shouldve just came in here bashed scott gomez and left

Old
03-26-2011, 05:49 PM
Protest the Hero

I suppose I'm one of the newer ones but I've been lurking for a while, I hate people constantly whining about size/toughness/goon, I hated everyone whining about Price, and complaining that we traded the wrong one, I hated everyone whining about Pacioretty being a bust, about how we drafted the wrong guy in 2003, I hate all the complaining about Martin and our system, and the constant whining about Gomez gets annoying but let's say I wouldn't be sad to see him leave.

I'm an optimist generally but I get pretty angry when we lose so I tend to avoid posting then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelsLike93 View Post
Why even bother coming to Hf when the habs on a losing streak I'm just gonna stop. Come in here try to post something positive and get attacked by what I think are 'Habs fans' jeez we lose a few games and the whole mood changes. I really hope you guys can take a breather wayyy too many negative nancys its horrrible.

This is no time for positivity good sir, we're the only team in the league who can outscore the other team by 7 goals and then get shutout the next game....oh wait

Last edited by Protest the Hero: 03-26-2011 at 05:57 PM.
Old
03-26-2011, 05:59 PM
Native

i'm really interested in tonights game and how we react after the last two games. no excuses, i want to see us play our game with high intensity and purpose, and disciplined.

we're at a low and it's the ideal time to get hot and gain momentum leading into the playoffs.

i don't know if getting all those guys back from injury at the same time hurt us, whether they rushed back for that highly anticipated game. regardless, we have to move forward and bounce back hard tonight.

Old
03-26-2011, 06:03 PM
MoldyCakes
Fight, Troll, Score

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less Habitats View Post
I suppose I'm one of the newer ones but I've been lurking for a while, I hate people constantly whining about size/toughness/goon, I hated everyone whining about Price, and complaining that we traded the wrong one, I hated everyone whining about Pacioretty being a bust, about how we drafted the wrong guy in 2003, I hate all the complaining about Martin and our system, and the constant whining about Gomez gets annoying but let's say I wouldn't be sad to see him leave.

I'm an optimist generally but I get pretty angry when we lose so I tend to avoid posting then.

This is no time for positivity good sir, we're the only team in the league who can outscore the other team by 7 goals and then get shutout the next game....oh wait
We are the only team that turtles when put to the task of avenging a teammate. Cowardice galore.

Old
03-26-2011, 06:03 PM
RE-HABS

If the game on Thursday was a statement game for the Bruins, this is a statement game for the Habs. We really need to see some vets step up, and the team needs to get the "W" with the Rangers now tied with us, and the Sabres only 4 back too.

This is a BIG game, they all are here on out till the post season.

GO HABS GO!!!

Old
03-26-2011, 06:35 PM
Sailor

We might play Washington in the 1st round if the Rangers keep winning. This game is easily the most important of the season.

We got to bounce back from the 2 shutouts and show Washington they won't have it easy against us if we meet again.

GO HABS GO!

Old
03-26-2011, 06:39 PM
HH
GO HABS GO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blame it on PK View Post
We are the only team that turtles when put to the task of avenging a teammate. Cowardice galore.
Look we know you aren't a Habs fan.

Old
03-26-2011, 06:41 PM
CareyClutch
Doing the job

Send a message via MSN to CareyClutch
3-1 Habs.
Cammy
Gionta
Gomez

Old
03-26-2011, 06:48 PM
Sports1131

Send a message via AIM to Sports1131 Send a message via MSN to Sports1131
I can't believe the Canadiens are honoring the '94 Expos tonight and I didn't know about it. I would have made the trip up from Boston for sure.

LET'S GO EXPOS!

....how I would love to be able to chant that again.

Old
03-26-2011, 06:48 PM
sheed36

The Habs need to score early tonight to get that monkey off their backs.. This game will probably go to a shootout..

Old
03-26-2011, 06:50 PM
ThaDevilGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sports1131 View Post
I can't believe the Canadiens are honoring the '94 Expos tonight and I didn't know about it. I would have made the trip up from Boston for sure.

LET'S GO EXPOS!

....how I would love to be able to chant that again.
They are? Ouch

Old
03-26-2011, 06:52 PM
shutehinside

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelsLike93 View Post

I try to avoid coming here after a loss just because it can get so apocalyptic. Two losses and it's the worst thing in the history of the franchise. 3 game losing streaks and someone will mention relocation.
Sometimes I laugh, other times Im embarrassed but I always know we have the most devotee fans in the NHL.

Habs will bounce back like we have all season long. If not this game then next. It's okay, we'll be on the playoffs and have as good a chance as anyone this year.

Old
03-26-2011, 06:53 PM
Sports1131

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaDevilGirl View Post
They are? Ouch
Supposedly. The @Montreal_Expos Twitter account has been posting this anyways.

Quote:
Several members of the 1994 Expos will be honored during tonight's Canadiens hockey game.
Quote:
Partial list of Expos at Canadiens game (unconfirmed): Cliff Floyd, Lenny Webster, Rondell White, John Wetteland, Pedro Martinez.

Old
03-26-2011, 07:02 PM
Bob Cole
Tom ******* Brady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sports1131 View Post
Supposedly. The @Montreal_Expos Twitter account has been posting this anyways.
who runs that twitter?

Old
03-26-2011, 07:03 PM
11Goat11
Inside her

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native View Post
i'm really interested in tonights game and how we react after the last two games. no excuses, i want to see us play our game with high intensity and purpose, and disciplined.

we're at a low and it's the ideal time to get hot and gain momentum leading into the playoffs.

i don't know if getting all those guys back from injury at the same time hurt us, whether they rushed back for that highly anticipated game. regardless, we have to move forward and bounce back hard tonight.
Not looking for excuses but I questioned having all those guys come back at the same time as well. I hope tonight we get a better sense of how the returned players are healthwise, especially Pleks.

Old
The Kremelin Wall*
the krEMELIN wall

Is CBC streaming this on their website?

Old
Crimson Skorpion
HFB Partner

Awards:
Should be an emotional night for some of us die-hard Expos fans.

I still miss going to an afternoon game on the weekend.

Old
03-26-2011, 07:06 PM
xduckiex

Quote:
Not really. When the Bruins faced the Pens after Cooke's hit on Savard, it was really tame and they lost. Thornton fought him, but it was hardly an emotional uplift for the team

Old
Sports1131

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Carmoni View Post
who runs that twitter?
No idea. Hope it's true though. I also hope one day they add Guerrero to the banner with the other retired numbers...I'd definitely be there for that.

Old
McSorleyStick
GIJON !

CBC intro

Old
11Goat11
Inside her

Quote:
Like anyone on the Habs or practically the league can avenge against Chara, weak post.

Old
03-26-2011, 07:13 PM
Bob Cole
Tom ******* Brady

who?

Old
03-26-2011, 07:14 PM
HomaridII

Hey Price is wearing the mask designed by the contest winner tonight, cool.

Closed Thread