HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Injury Thread - Kopitar (Out for Season), Williams (Out 4 weeks), Parse (Day to Day)

Old
03-26-2011, 06:26 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakingsdrummer View Post
I also wanted to remind everyone that when the Ducks lost Getzlaf they went on a seven game winning streak.

C'mon people, stop crying. It is a TEAM game.
Corey Perry, Teemu Selanne, Bobby Ryan, Koivu... Oh yeah, they were really hurting bad after losing Getzlaf... The Ducks have one of the best crop of forwards in the league. They just have question marks in goal and a non-existent defense.

“Every good army needs a couple of criminals.” - Dean Lombardi
Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2011, 06:27 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
The Kings can show their true character if they can band together and work though this. It will still be tough, but this will not be an excuse to miss the playoffs. Give him a chance to get back in.
Exactly this.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2011, 06:29 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimmondsSensation View Post
What about Kozun?
Kozun is a winger all the way. With Moller, Lewis, Richardson etc... I don't know how many tiny centers we need We don't even know if he is NHL ready... I am fine with the Kings trying during the regular season, but I doubt he is the answer at this point in time.

Old
03-26-2011, 06:30 PM
Nose of Sutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
Kozun is a winger all the way. With Moller, Lewis, Richardson etc... I don't know how many tiny centers we need We don't even know if he is NHL ready... I am fine with the Kings trying during the regular season, but I doubt he is the answer at this point in time.
haha wow my bad didnt even check up on that so right now stoll is our 1st line center?

Nose of Sutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2011, 06:30 PM
damacles1156

Not worried really. The Kings are built on Defense First and strong Goal play.

Maybe this a blessing, The team will really have to come together now. And some teams might actually take the Kings for granted knowing Kopi is out.

damacles1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2011, 06:32 PM
kovacro
"Jazz Hands" by Alec

Best player down. Let's see the character this team has. Pens are doing pretty good without Sid and Geno. Let's see what happens down the stretch.

kovacro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2011, 06:33 PM
The Butcher
Gutless

Quote:
Corey Perry, Teemu Selanne, Bobby Ryan, Koivu... Oh yeah, they were really hurting bad after losing Getzlaf... The Ducks have one of the best crop of forwards in the league. They just have question marks in goal and a non-existent defense.
Hey laugh it off if you want but they lost a key part of their roster and still had to play the games. During that 7 game stretch was their defense non-existant and goaltending a question mark?

The Butcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2011, 06:35 PM
damacles1156

Quote:
Hey laugh it off if you want but they lost a key part of their roster and still had to play the games. During that 7 game stretch was their defense non-existant and goaltending a question mark?
That Seven Game stretch was against the Non Factor East If I am correct. And Hiller was playing out of his mind.

damacles1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2011, 06:35 PM
FrozenKing18
Top Drawer!

Hopefully Kings can step up without Kopi. The game today gave me some hope that they can do it without their franchise player.

FrozenKing18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2011, 06:36 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

Quote:
No but their hall-of-famer was on fire. Ours is making rap videos with Staple Center ushers

Old
03-26-2011, 06:37 PM
Cruel11
Son, just don't.

NotHelen:

Quote:
For those who asked if the Kings can somehow call up Brayden Schenn, the answer is NO.

What the heck does she know

Cruel11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2011, 06:39 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruel11 View Post
NotHelen:

What the heck does she know
Well, not that I like defending Helene, she is right We can't. At least, not until the Raids wtf omg rofl PWN the hell out of the Blades tonight! YEAH!

GO RAIDERS!

Old
03-26-2011, 06:39 PM
null33

Didn't get a good look at the play, but is there any chance the poor Staples Center ice contributed to it?

null33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2011, 06:40 PM
TonySCV
One More Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lars H View Post
Didn't get a good look at the play, but is there any chance the poor Staples Center ice contributed to it?
I'm sure it didn't help, but it looked to me that the ice had little to do with it.

TonySCV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2011, 06:40 PM
Cruel11
Son, just don't.

Quote:
Well, not that I like defending Helene, she is right We can't. At least, not until the Raids wtf omg rofl PWN the hell out of the Blades tonight! YEAH!

GO RAIDERS!

I know we can't, but her tweets are always like bad news.

Old
03-26-2011, 06:41 PM
The Butcher
Gutless

Quote:
No but their hall-of-famer was on fire. Ours is making rap videos with Staple Center ushers
I'm assuming you are talking about Selanne, but what does Bob Miller have to do with it?

The Butcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2011, 06:41 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruel11 View Post
I know we can't, but her tweets are always like bad news.
She revels in it. What are ya gonna do? At least Rich Hammond pretends to like us sometimes

Old
03-26-2011, 06:43 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

Quote:
I'm assuming you are talking about Selanne, but what does Bob Miller have to do with it?
ROFLMAO! Wouldn't that be awesome! Bob Miller in a rap video! Make it happen Lucky!

Here is Bob keepin' it real.

Old
03-26-2011, 06:45 PM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lars H View Post
i love how all you guys claim to be experts on ice, and can tell what's good and what's not just by looking at it on TV. I would wager that 98% of you don't know jack ****. (I don't claim to know all, but I a lot more than those who are so critical) i've been around the equipment, and the surface itself pretty regularly since '04. Don't refer to team ice reports either, look at the officials.

KopitarFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2011, 06:45 PM
TonySCV
One More Time

The Pens have managed with their center position decimated for weeks now. Getzlaf was out 5 weeks and the Ducks did fine in his absence even with all of their issues on D.

This team is built around world-class D and goaltending. Obviously you can't replace Kopitar, but the team can put enough pucks in the net from other people to bridge the gap until they can get Schenn from his junior team or get Kopitar back from IR.

It sucks, but it's not the end of the world. The win today certainly helped.

- T

TonySCV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2011, 06:47 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by KopitarFAN View Post
i love how all you guys claim to be experts on ice, and can tell what's good and what's not just by looking at it on TV. I would wager that 98% of you don't know jack ****. (I don't claim to know all, but I a lot more than those who are so critical) i've been around the equipment, and the surface itself pretty regularly since '04.
I don't understand? The players pretty regularly admit that our ice isn't very good compared to the rest of the league. Why does it have to be so controversial to suggest Staples having poor ice?

Old
03-26-2011, 06:49 PM
Cruel11
Son, just don't.

I hope this doesn't make J Willy rush back.

Old
03-26-2011, 06:49 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:
I don't understand? The players pretty regularly admit that our ice isn't very good compared to the rest of the league. Why does it have to be so controversial to suggest Staples having poor ice?
I agree. Sort of thought it was common knowledge.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2011, 06:51 PM
Nex06

Quote:
Yeah, but I bet that 98% of the players don't know jack ****.

Nex06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2011, 06:51 PM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

Quote:
Because my dad, and his guys bust their ***** to get the ice to a playable level when sometimes having as few as 4 hours to do so. I read reports on an almost nightly basis, the officials rarely say it's anything but "average" to "good".

KopitarFAN is offline   Reply With Quote