HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Who do you most want to play in the 1st round if we make the playoffs?

View Poll Results: Which team would you most like to play in the Eastern Conference Quarterfinals?
Philadelphia Flyers 19 25.00%
Washington Capitals 22 28.95%
Boston Bruins 35 46.05%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Old
03-26-2011, 08:55 PM
Rivet52
Sabres & Blackhawks

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Rivet52
Who do you most want to play in the 1st round if we make the playoffs?

Fairly simple question. Which team would you most like to play in the 1st round if we make the playoffs?

Flyers, Capitals, or Bruins?

We're still in 8th as of right now, but there's no reason to believe we couldn't catch the Habs or the Rangers. I don't think 6th is too far off, even though I think we'll finish either 7th or 8th.

Rivet52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2011, 08:56 PM
Fire Me
Cleared, BUT NOT OUT

Caps. I still don't think they're for real... plus, I'd probably get to go to one of the games at the Verizon Center

Fire Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2011, 09:01 PM
JD SabreFan

Send a message via AIM to JD SabreFan
Capitals, without a doubt. They are the definition of inconsistency.

They've been SHUTOUT 11 times this season.

I like our chances there.

JD SabreFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2011, 09:01 PM
jlr
\m/o.o\m/

I think the Flyers and Bruins would physically beat the piss out of us.

I'd vote for the Caps, if I were in the mood to taunt the hockey gods. Which I'm not.

jlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2011, 09:02 PM
JD SabreFan

Send a message via AIM to JD SabreFan
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotAct View Post
Caps. I still don't think they're for real... plus, I'd probably get to go to one of the games at the Verizon Center
Please, no throwing infants from the 300s again.. it gets messy.

JD SabreFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2011, 09:05 PM
slip

Boston.

slip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2011, 09:08 PM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

Pittsburgh needs to be added to the poll, they are right behind Philly in the Atlantic. Although I'm pretty sure nobody would choose them...

New Sabres Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2011, 09:08 PM
jflory81
Irken Elite

Send a message via AIM to jflory81
Boston. Both because I think they are the worst of the 3 teams, and because that would mean Buffalo would be going into the playoffs hot.

jflory81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2011, 09:09 PM
Jonstradamus

I just want in.

Either way, I want to be a giant killer.

Miller, I need you to steal a series or 4.

Jonstradamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2011, 09:16 PM
Stone87

I voted Boston. I don't think we match up all that great against any of them, but an upset against Boston would be sweet sweet revenge.

Stone87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2011, 09:33 PM
drinking bleach irl
POST MORE RECKLESS

vCash: 300
Boston or Washington preferred. Phildelphia scares me, but not as bad as Pittsburgh.

drinking bleach irl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2011, 09:39 PM
Danleary

Why no Pitts? With Tampa slumping like they have been 5th is far from impossible. I doubt anyone would choose them but it's general principle

Danleary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2011, 09:43 PM
Ron Barr
Doing it to Death

Watching the Bruins/Rangers game earlier today makes me hope and pray that we end up facing Boston. We have their number this year, and at times they play like utter crap. Our team this season is a lot different from what it was last season, so I don't think there would be the same turnout in the playoffs.

Philly and Washington both scare me though. Especially Washington.

Ron Barr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2011, 09:58 PM
Play4Miracles*
1 nation under Oil

I did't want to talk about this yet, but I think that it's going to be a very tough opponent no matter who they play. Oh and don't count the Penguins out, they have a head too head with the Flyers and might just catch them to win their division and possibly the conference.

The Bruins have great goal tending, and they seem to have a very successful fore-check against the Sabres once they get rolling. So I think I like this match up least of all, but they are certainly beatable. A GOOD power play could be enough to get the Sabres past the Bruins. And I like the Gerbe vs. Chara matchup a lot! Even with Leopold back, I think the bruins would win in it 7, and that hurts to admit.

The Penguins would be another very tough opponent, they have an even tougher fore-check then the Bruins but I find their goal tending to be over rated. Fleury is having a career season, but if he let's in a softy, he losses his mind and can be rattled for an entire series. You just never know with him. I also think Kovalev is not a good fit for them and without a power play they could be in big trouble. If Crosby comes back and gets the PP going, they could be very tough. Right now, I think the Sabres could beat this team in the first round, but not if they get Crosby back.

Caps, I dunno it looks like they have found a hot goalie. That's a concern, but I'll put my money on Miller in that series. I actually think that the Sabres would match up pretty great with the Caps, it's just a matter of playing their game. Sabres in 5.

Flyers. This would be an interesting match up. I think the Sabres would win it in 6, and I think they can beat the snot out of any of their goalies. The Flyers will try to intimidate with their over rated defense, but as long as the Sabres man up, take their lumps around the net with their heads held high, and never stop crashing, they will win it.

Play4Miracles* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2011, 09:58 PM
fing0rz

the way the sabres have been playing since January, we can beat any team.

that said, i think the caps have been the best team in the top 3. with the bruins being the worst.

fing0rz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2011, 10:01 PM
OpethianSabre20

I believe someone made this topic awhile back, but I'd like retribution against the Bruins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danleary View Post
Why no Pitts? With Tampa slumping like they have been 5th is far from impossible. I doubt anyone would choose them but it's general principle
Because they've owned Buffalo, even when their lineup has been comprised mainly of the baby Pens. Do not want.

OpethianSabre20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2011, 10:08 PM
SoFFacet

The way we are playing now, I think we can beat any of the top 3 teams. Nothing guaranteed of course, but I think we have a good chance. Of the three, I'd prefer WSH, PHL, BOS in that order. Most importantly though I DO NOT want to play PIT at any time during the playoffs, since Sid/Malk will return and they have been playing well even without them, but most importantly, they just own us for some reason. Like Ottawa for the last few years.

I think we are all PHL fans until they have their division 100% locked up, so that PIT can only get the 4th seed, in which case we would be unlikely to see them until the ECF if we both make it that far.

SoFFacet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2011, 10:13 PM
Fire Me
Cleared, BUT NOT OUT

Pittsburgh would be an automatic loss for us... AINEC

Fire Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2011, 11:06 PM
Rivet52
Sabres & Blackhawks

Send a message via AIM to Rivet52
The reason I didn't put Pittsburgh in the poll was because I didn't think any of us would actually want to play them. They swept us in the regular season and we'd get killed in the playoffs by them, especially more so if Crosby plays.

Rivet52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2011, 11:42 PM
JujuFish

Boston, for a chance at revenge.

JujuFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2011, 12:35 AM
Gert B Frobe

I'm surprised at all the fear of the Penguins and the Flyers. The Penguins are one and done no matter who they face in my opinion. I know their callups and role players have been playing great and Fleury has been solid but once the playoffs start - they won't be outworking their opponents anymore and Fleury is so fragile after giving up a softy.

In my opinion the Bruins are the toughest opponent then the Flyers then the Caps. The Bruins can go cold but Thomas can be unbeatable. The Flyers are very deep, will have a well-rested Pronger back and their rookie goaltender can be very good. The Caps are just inconsistent.

just my two cents as a Flyers fan. I hope somebody takes out the Pens and somebody beats up on the Bruins. It will be great to see a Flyers-Sabres matchup. It's been a long time since the Flyers got smoked by the Sabres in the playoffs and the hate has kind of faded. I'm sure it will heat up quickly. The Rangers are dangerous - great team defense and the best goalie in the east as of now.

Gert B Frobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2011, 01:27 AM
enrothorne
A DJ saved my life

Send a message via AIM to enrothorne
Tampa!

enrothorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2011, 01:45 AM
sycamore

Bruins. Flyers are the most talented team up and down the roster, and I wanted no part of a rested Ovechkin come playoff time.

sycamore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2011, 01:47 AM
SoFFacet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gert B Frobe View Post
I'm surprised at all the fear of the Penguins and the Flyers. The Penguins are one and done no matter who they face in my opinion. I know their callups and role players have been playing great and Fleury has been solid but once the playoffs start - they won't be outworking their opponents anymore and Fleury is so fragile after giving up a softy.

In my opinion the Bruins are the toughest opponent then the Flyers then the Caps. The Bruins can go cold but Thomas can be unbeatable. The Flyers are very deep, will have a well-rested Pronger back and their rookie goaltender can be very good. The Caps are just inconsistent.

just my two cents as a Flyers fan. I hope somebody takes out the Pens and somebody beats up on the Bruins. It will be great to see a Flyers-Sabres matchup. It's been a long time since the Flyers got smoked by the Sabres in the playoffs and the hate has kind of faded. I'm sure it will heat up quickly. The Rangers are dangerous - great team defense and the best goalie in the east as of now.
We're not afraid of the Flyers. We can take you. We're "afraid" of the Penguins because they beat us all the time. They "have our number" or we "dont stack up well against them" or something. Whatever. They always beat us, and this year they didn't even need Sid or Malk to sweep the season series. As much as I wish it weren't the case, they are in our boy's heads. They'll have to get over it eventually, but the first round of the playoffs just isn't the ideal place to do it.

SoFFacet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2011, 02:44 AM
Duddy
Everyday is

Just bring it.

Duddy is offline   Reply With Quote