HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Easton S19

Old
03-26-2011, 11:35 PM
Flemminr

vCash: 500
Easton S19

So I managed to get my hands on an Easton S19 today. My university's hockey team is switching over to Bauer sticks next year, after using Easton sticks for several years. They had several brand new S19's still kicking around this past year, and looking to get rid of them, they were selling them cheep. I was able to get a brand new S19 (still in the packaging), 85 Flex with a Zetterbrrg curve for $40 (Canadian Dollars).

Haven't had chance to try it out yet, but I'm just wondering if anyone here has one and what their experiences are with it?

Flemminr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2011, 10:03 AM
Rush22*

I have gone through probably around 12 or so S19s before I gave up on the durability. The stick performs better than any other stick I have used, and I have used a ton of different top end sticks. The shaft, even the elliptical portion, is pretty much indestructible and provides an perfect flex points for quick snap shots while still being a good stick to load up for slap shots on.

The one issue with the stick became a deal breaker for me. The blade goes soft really really fast. After 4 games most of the time I would have to replace the stick because of how poorly the blade holds up. At $230 a pop I got tired of throwing that kind of money away so often. If Easton can fix that issues with the next Stealth line stick I will have no problem coming back... it is not that I just got a bad stick because it happened with all 12 sticks I had.

I have since started using Bauer sticks, they perform great and are more durable. Right now I am using the X60, I broke the blade on one so far but that was after at least 15+ games and I have a really hard shot. The X60 does not perform as well as the S19 for me but still really good but it is far more durable thus far.

Rush22* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2011, 01:42 PM
Pierre Gotye

I have had my S19 for over a year. At first I wasn't sure of it, then I have come to love it.

No complaints...I even use a Intermediate 65 Flex.

Pierre Gotye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2011, 04:07 PM
Flemminr

Thanks guys. Been doing some reading around the internet, and it seems to be a stick that players either love or hate. Even if I don't like it, I only paid $40 for it vs the $300 for a retail bought one, so no great loose.

Old
03-27-2011, 04:30 PM
Briere Up There*

I loved my pro stock Justin Azevedo S19s, I had a few of them. Too bad the blades broke easy.

Briere Up There* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2011, 02:04 AM
dabeechman

I just bought 3 of them for 60ea and I have to tell you. It took me about 2 weeks to get used to it. I'm still not as good with it as I was with my old stick, but the release is much better and the feel of the puck is better, so I am confident that it'll be a better stick once I get the feel for it.

Just struggling to get used to the different kick point and the subtle difference in blade design (Iginla)

dabeechman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2011, 09:14 AM
Legend Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flemminr View Post
So I managed to get my hands on an Easton S19 today. My university's hockey team is switching over to Bauer sticks next year, after using Easton sticks for several years. They had several brand new S19's still kicking around this past year, and looking to get rid of them, they were selling them cheep. I was able to get a brand new S19 (still in the packaging), 85 Flex with a Zetterbrrg curve for $40 (Canadian Dollars).

Haven't had chance to try it out yet, but I'm just wondering if anyone here has one and what their experiences are with it?
Did they have any left?

Legend Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2011, 09:53 AM
Flemminr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend Killer View Post
Did they have any left?
Yeah, they had probably about a dozen. All left handed sticks though. There's only 2 players on the entire team who shoot right handed.

Old
03-28-2011, 04:11 PM
ShawnTHW
@ShawnTHW

Ill take it off your hands for 40 American Dollars

ShawnTHW is offline   Reply With Quote