HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Vinny Prospal appreciation thread

Old
04-10-2011, 08:31 PM
allstar3970

vCash: 500
Vinny Prospal appreciation thread

How bout some love for Prospal? Many thought he only put up 58 pts b/c of Gaborik last year. Instead he cones back from a long layoff and with Gabby slumping scores some huge goals and finishes the regular season at a 65 point pace.

He'll I'm onboard for another year if he'll come back cheap.

allstar3970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2011, 08:33 PM
That Stepan Guy
Jefferek Stepaninner

Vinny is surely a good player and really changes the team. Hopefully he can spark the team in the playoffs. My only worry is that his knees go out on him. He needs to stay healthy if he's going to be resigned.

That Stepan Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2011, 08:35 PM
Carlos Ranger
Zucc-a-Rella

vCash: 67
I give him huge props for even coming back and he was highly effective in his limited showing this season, however after this season I think he's done.. at least here. Just don't see him being a real offensive threat over an 82 game season anymore.

Carlos Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2011, 08:37 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Turns out "gimp legged, old and useless" Vinny Prospal turned out being one of our most important players down the stretch.

Don't NOT resign him just because a kid possibly may hopefully has a chance to be better then him. He's a great asset to this club right now.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2011, 08:38 PM
BadHammy*
MSL For Hart!

Like I said two weeks ago, don't give up on him. He seems friendly but he's got a fierce will on the ice.

BadHammy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2011, 08:43 PM
we want cup
We do not Sow

Please bring him back.

RANGERS =
we want cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2011, 08:50 PM
eco's bones

I'm thinking if the Rangers going any distance in the playoffs Prospal is going to be one of the main leaders. It took a little while to get his game together but when he did he became an important player for us.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2011, 09:00 PM
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

vCash: 50
I like the guy alot. I can see him being a big factor in the post season.

Bob Richards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2011, 09:03 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Love to see Sather offer Prospal a 1 year, $1 mil contract and have him accept it because he wants to play another year.... Vinny P is an old man's Ryan Callahan.... You never have to question his effort, intensity, passion for the game....

wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2011, 09:04 PM
SlingshotVv
nerdy wrist-locks

i find it almost retardedly amazing the impact that Prospal has on this team in general and his linemates in particular.

The guy overcame what should have been a season ending (if not career ending) injury, jumps into the lineup during the playoff hunt, scores some of the most timely and clutch goals of the entire season, and has elevated his linemates play to the point of giving us another point production line.

And he does it all with class, exuberance, and an infectious blue collar attitude.

SlingshotVv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2011, 09:07 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

If he wants to come back for another $1 million season, I say give it to him. He's the veteran leadership this team needs. He plays like a vet, celebrates like a rookie. Good for him!

Beacon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2011, 09:09 PM
Back From Cally

Vinny is one of my favorites on this team. You can tell he always brings everything he has on the ice and he's definitely a positive locker room presence. I would not be opposed to bringing him back for one more year.

Back From Cally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2011, 09:21 PM
Boltsfan2029

vCash: 698
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingshotVv View Post
i find it almost retardedly amazing the impact that Prospal has on this team in general and his linemates in particular.

The guy overcame what should have been a season ending (if not career ending) injury, jumps into the lineup during the playoff hunt, scores some of the most timely and clutch goals of the entire season, and has elevated his linemates play to the point of giving us another point production line.

And he does it all with class, exuberance, and an infectious blue collar attitude.
I hate that we let him go.

Boltsfan2029 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2011, 09:24 PM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

It's a little bit sad, but Vinny is by far the best playmaker on the team. He's a really solid player, he just doesn't have the wheels.

I'm very impressed. I think he should be brought back if he's willing to take another cheap deal. I think he's matured a little late in his career, but he's become a smarter player.

NYR Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 12:56 AM
jdhebner
HFBoards Sponsor

How about a Vinny Prospal highlight video? Anyone? Bueller? Loffen?

jdhebner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 02:18 AM
n1cON
bleeds blue ! ! !

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
Love to see Sather offer Prospal a 1 year, $1 mil contract and have him accept it because he wants to play another year.... Vinny P is an old man's Ryan Callahan.... You never have to question his effort, intensity, passion for the game....
Came in to post the same thing but you were a bit faster

n1cON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 09:08 AM
jdhebner
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting36e View Post
It's a little bit sad, but Vinny is by far the best playmaker on the team. He's a really solid player, he just doesn't have the wheels.
He's always been in the top 2 as far as playmaking ability. Sometimes it's appreciated/noticed by the coach (in Tampa and New York), othertimes not. I've been a fan of Vinny since 1997. Wheels have never been a big part of his game I believe he overcomes this by his hockey sense; he knows where he needs to be before most players do.

Having said that, I'd live to have him be the second best playmaker on the team, behind Brad Richards. (Oh and Richards is no speed demon BTW).

jdhebner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 09:10 AM
Primetime Powerplay
Muh Offensive Talent

I love vinny I hope he stays another year at a cap friendly number

Primetime Powerplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 09:14 AM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdhebner View Post
He's always been in the top 2 as far as playmaking ability. Sometimes it's appreciated/noticed by the coach (in Tampa and New York), othertimes not. I've been a fan of Vinny since 1997. Wheels have never been a big part of his game I believe he overcomes this by his hockey sense; he knows where he needs to be before most players do.

Having said that, I'd live to have him be the second best playmaker on the team, behind Brad Richards. (Oh and Richards is no speed demon BTW).
No, Richards is most certainly no speed demon. But even more so than Vinny, he makes his living by simply outsmarting most players.

I agree, I would like to see Richards and Prospal here next year, although not necessarily on the same line.

Old
04-11-2011, 09:15 AM
Fitzy
All Is Well

vCash: 50
Quote:
No, Richards is most certainly no speed demon. But even more so than Vinny, he makes his living by simply outsmarting most players.

I agree, I would like to see Richards and Prospal here next year, although not necessarily on the same line.
And of course, while we always pair Richards with Gaborik, even if the two don't work out Richards still makes our team that much better, on the PP and whatever line he plays.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 09:24 AM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy Duke of NY View Post
And of course, while we always pair Richards with Gaborik, even if the two don't work out Richards still makes our team that much better, on the PP and whatever line he plays.
Top two lines:
Dubinsky-Richards-Gaborik
Prospal-Anisimov-Callahan

PP Unit:
Dubinsky/Prospal-Callahan-Gaborik
Richards-McCabe

Old
04-12-2011, 03:15 AM
n1cON
bleeds blue ! ! !

Quote:
Top two lines:

PP Unit:
Dubinsky/Prospal-Callahan-Gaborik
Richards-McCabe
Looks really good and they´ll could do some big damage Hope this is gonna to happen next season.

n1cON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2011, 01:56 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
Top two lines:
One of the reasons I want Prospal back, is because I think he helps us fill out our top 2 lines.... Without Prospal in the picture, I don't think we have a forward who really belongs in the mix there... I'd prefer to flip-flop Prospal & Dubinsky above because Cally, AA, and Dubi have already established some proven chemistry and I would think that would round out the lines a bit.

wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2011, 02:53 PM
Sticky Fingers

I can't belive those that don't wanna sign him for another year, he's been nothing but fantastic since the day he came here! Brings leadership, among the best point/$$$ on the team. And on top of that he seems to be a real nice guys that knows to show emotions!!! Bring him back!

Sticky Fingers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2011, 03:07 PM
Blue Blooded

vCash: 504
I love the Tan Man and his awesome celebrations! I'm really impressed with his performance this year, after the injury I thought he was done for sure. Prospal is one of those guys you always wish the best.

The big question though: Will he pass on his tanning secrets to Dubinsky when he retires?

Blue Blooded is online now   Reply With Quote