HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Celebrities who like hockey and their favourite teams

Closed Thread

Old
07-07-2004, 06:50 PM
Papa Smurf

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaVal575
sorry if already mentioned

Beth Torbert (also known as Beth Hopkins), lead signer of Bif Naked, is a Canucks fan
Speaking of Beth Torbert, at GM Place they have big posters of various British Columbian celebs wearing Canucks jerseys, it includes Beth Torbert, Steve Nash and Theo Goutzinakis from Gob. I THINK there was a Joshua Jackson poster of him too, not sure though...

Old
07-07-2004, 06:57 PM
USC Trojans
I have a plan.

Michael Rosenbaum (Lex Luthor from Smallville) is a big Rangers fan.
I think David Boreanaz is a hockey fan too, both played in the celebrity hockey game.

Old
07-07-2004, 06:58 PM
Gags1288

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynastyWings05
I doubt he's actually a Flyers fan. I don't think he follows the team all throughout the season and knows when they're on cold or hot streaks or anything like that.

Sheed was also wearing a Wings jersey at the Pistons parade acouple weeks back. But then again, I doubt he knows who the Wings starting goaltender is.
I think you might be wrong here. While he was wearing a Wings jersey at the parade, he is a flyers fan. When Gagne scored the game winner in OT in game 6, he was in an interview and got up and started chearing and saying "we're going back to Tampa, we're going back to Tampa". He knows what's going on and he's a fan, though I think the jersey he was wearing was a JR jersey, but I could be wrong.

Old
07-07-2004, 07:11 PM
LuckyLUC20

Quote:
Originally Posted by USC Trojans
Michael Rosenbaum (Lex Luthor from Smallville) is a big Rangers fan.
I think David Boreanaz is a hockey fan too, both played in the celebrity hockey game.
Yup, Boreanaz is a huge Philadelphia Flyers fan.

Another one is Kid Rock who is obviously a Wings fan.

Michelle Stafford (Emmy-award winning soap actress) is a huge Kings fan. I remember her on the Best Damn Sports Show Period wearing a Kings shirt talking about how much she loves going to Kings games.

As mentioned before Jennifer Garner is a huge Kings fan, but so is her boyfriend and co-star, Michael Vartan (Alias). He was on NHL Cool Shots doing that commercial for the Stanley Cup Playoffs. He was talking about how the Kings are his team and that one day they will win the Cup and he'll be alive to see it. Then he took pictures with the Cup in his Kings' jersey.

The guys from System of a Down are huge Kings fans as well. I remember Daron Malakian wearing a Kings jersey in their "Toxicity" music video. He even thanked the LA Kings in the album cover.

Barenaked Ladies are Leafs fans. I remember Kiefer Sutherland also saying he's a Leafs fan in addition to being a Kings fan.

Old
07-07-2004, 07:56 PM
needlehitsgroove

John Cusack is a Wings fan.

Old
07-07-2004, 08:05 PM
EquabaleAce

Send a message via MSN to EquabaleAce
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi
Didn't him and Hogan "exchange some comments" during the SC finals? I'd figure Brett was supporting the Flames then.
Yeah, he was on the bandwagon

On Off The Record he said he loved the Rangers all his life and that he was estatic that Pavel Brendl was drafted off his team at the time, The Hitmenby his favourite team, the Rags.

The Flames only moved to Calgary when Brett was like 20 years old and that was kinda around the time when he joined the WWF so it was likely that he didn't live in Calgary at that point anyways. There is prolly a few years of indescrepincy thater

And as for the Hogav Hart fued, Brett writes for the Calgary Sun, so obviously he will support his home city.

Old
07-07-2004, 08:14 PM
f1nn

Send a message via AIM to f1nn
I have seen Ludacris wear a flames jersey

Old
07-07-2004, 08:19 PM
aspdad

CBC superstars bob cole and harry neale are leaf fans!

Old
07-07-2004, 08:25 PM
KingPurpleDinosaur
Bandwagon Kings Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Puddy
Patty: mmmm... MacGyver
Selma: mmmm [lights cigarette]

I saw that show on TV Land a few months ago, and he was coaching a junior team. The writers didn't seem to know squat about hockey -- so much for having MacGyver as a fan. However, it wasn't quite as bad as the show with Patty and Selma Bouvier. Bart gets a penalty shot against Lisa with 0:03 left on the clock, and he stands there for 20 seconds, hugs Lisa and the horns sounds to end the game.
i'm not sure what fan macgyver supports, but i konw he plays hockey. i used to go to this hockey practice in LA and one time they brought out macgyver. He was pretty good too, so if he were to follow a team, it owuldn't surprise me.

Old
07-07-2004, 08:52 PM
BB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn
I have seen Ludacris wear a flames jersey
I have seen him wear an Altanta Flames jersey in one of his videos, prob what you are refering to.

Old
07-07-2004, 08:54 PM
David

Quote:
Originally Posted by n00dles
Michael J. Fox is a big hockey fan. He also played in many charity hockey events whenever he had the possibility.
Don't know which team, but it could be the rangers.
Michael J. Fox is a huge Bruins fan...even told Letterman that him and his Bruins don't really care if they win the Stanley Cup, just as long as they eliminate the Canadiens...a true Bruins fan through and through if you ask me!

Old
07-07-2004, 08:56 PM
BB

i believe that Cuba Gooding Jr is a hockey fan, not sure what team he supports..Kings perhaps.
but he has skated with the Canucks on atleast 1 occation.

Old
07-07-2004, 09:09 PM
TrueBlue4life

Send a message via AIM to TrueBlue4life
boomer esiason, john mcanroe, chris jericho, gavin rossdale, jason priestly, donald trump, christopher reeves, susan surandon, tim robbins are all rangers fans.

Old
07-07-2004, 09:12 PM
eSabre

Send a message via AIM to eSabre
John Rzeznik and Robby Takac of the Goo Goo Dolls are Sabres fans (Gee, I wonder why) and go to HSBC Arena all the time when they're in town.

Old
07-07-2004, 09:21 PM
Gags1288

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB
i believe that Cuba Gooding Jr is a hockey fan, not sure what team he supports..Kings perhaps.
but he has skated with the Canucks on atleast 1 occation.
He was also at a flyers playoff game and he's from the philly area, which is why it seemed strange to me that someone said he's a kings fan.

Old
07-07-2004, 09:31 PM
zeppelin97

Michael Vartan co-star of Alias, is a huge hockey fan. I think he's an Islanders fan. The show Alias actually has had a couple of scenes & references to hockey, probably influenced by Vartan.

Cuba Gooding? He attended several Duck games during the 2003 stanley cup playoffs. In the past, he's attended Kings games. I think the guy is just a hockey fan. Not really loyal to any one team.

Old
07-07-2004, 09:31 PM
1Timer

*shrugs*

If I had the money and the ability to jetset like they do, I'd wear several different diff. jerseys and attend games wherever the hell I wanted, too.

I don't really think it's a 'get yourself seen' thing (well, except maybe Diznee's SCF last year), because frankly...who the hell watches hockey?

Scotty Bowman's a Lightning fan, if we're going by the criteria of "Attends games regularly"

Old
07-07-2004, 09:32 PM
Frozen North
Healthy Scratch

Not 100% sure, but I believe Norm MacDonald is a Habs fan.

Old
07-07-2004, 09:33 PM
Papa Smurf

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueBlue4life
boomer esiason, john mcanroe, chris jericho, gavin rossdale, jason priestly, donald trump, christopher reeves, susan surandon, tim robbins are all rangers fans.
They probably get paid to be.

BTW Norm is from Quebec City, so he may of use to be a Nords fan.

Last edited by Papa Smurf: 07-07-2004 at 09:36 PM.
Old
07-07-2004, 09:53 PM
Bill McNeal

Norm is indeed a Habs fan if you look at the bottom of this interview:

http://www.maximonline.com/entertain...icle_5600.html

Read the rest too. There's a hilarious part about "The View."

Old
07-07-2004, 10:07 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 691
I am not sure if anyone mentioned Pamela Anderson. She recently said on national TV that hockey was her favorite sport.

Old
07-07-2004, 10:23 PM
YellHockey*

Martin Ferrier is a huge Toronto Maple Leafs fan.

Old
07-07-2004, 11:19 PM
eSabre

Send a message via AIM to eSabre
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeppelin97
Michael Vartan co-star of Alias, is a huge hockey fan. I think he's an Islanders fan. The show Alias actually has had a couple of scenes & references to hockey, probably influenced by Vartan.

Cuba Gooding? He attended several Duck games during the 2003 stanley cup playoffs. In the past, he's attended Kings games. I think the guy is just a hockey fan. Not really loyal to any one team.
On NHL Cool Shots, they did a behind the scenes thing of Vartan shooting that Cup commercial. At the end they showed him putting on his Kings jersey and getting a picture with the Cup, as well as saying something along the lines of "someday, someone wearing this jersey will hoist this Cup"...

I'd say he's a Kings fan

Old
07-07-2004, 11:22 PM
Hasbro
HFBoards Sponsor

Not sure who the South Park guys root for, but Cartman is an Avs fan. Don't know if that's worth bragging about though.

Old
07-07-2004, 11:39 PM
Papa Smurf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasbro
Not sure who the South Park guys root for, but Cartman is an Avs fan. Don't know if that's worth bragging about though.
Did they ever actually MENTION the Avalanche on South Park or are you making a wild guess?

Closed Thread