HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > NHL Draft - Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NHL Draft - Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

RW Valeri Nichushkin - Chelyabinsk, KHL (2013, 10th overall, Dallas)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-29-2013, 04:11 PM
  #401
wings5
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,794
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMantzas View Post
Any chance he drops to the mid teens or low twenties? This guy would be awesome on NJ
I wouldn't be surprised at all if that happened actually, some teams will be scared off of the KHL factor.

wings5 is offline  
Old
03-29-2013, 05:24 PM
  #402
Xoggz22
HFB Partner
 
Xoggz22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 5,081
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wings5 View Post
I wouldn't be surprised at all if that happened actually, some teams will be scared off of the KHL factor.
I don't think he would slide past the 2nd of CBJ's 1st round picks. I don't think he slides far at all though. He'll likely go top 6.

Xoggz22 is offline  
Old
03-30-2013, 12:17 PM
  #403
Sundinisagod
redemption
 
Sundinisagod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Zagreb
Country: Croatia
Posts: 11,334
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xoggz22 View Post
I don't think he would slide past the 2nd of CBJ's 1st round picks. I don't think he slides far at all though. He'll likely go top 6.

You'd prolly know better, but I can't see Columbus taking him anywhere in the 1st.

Sundinisagod is offline  
Old
03-30-2013, 12:21 PM
  #404
IceManCat
#CatsAreComing
 
IceManCat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Miami
Country: United States
Posts: 2,865
vCash: 500
Kuznetsov went pretty late so there is a possibility he drops. Then again NHL teams will like his size so he may be picked in the top ten

IceManCat is offline  
Old
03-30-2013, 01:08 PM
  #405
Roof Daddy
Registered User
 
Roof Daddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 10,571
vCash: 500
Would love for the Oil to land him. I'd take the risk and hope that having a Russian young gun like Yakupov helps convince him to come over.

Roof Daddy is offline  
Old
03-30-2013, 01:14 PM
  #406
Spektre
Registered User
 
Spektre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 2,386
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roof Daddy View Post
Would love for the Oil to land him. I'd take the risk and hope that having a Russian young gun like Yakupov helps convince him to come over.


Nichushkin will look better playing with Tarasenko

Spektre is offline  
Old
03-30-2013, 09:27 PM
  #407
bsmith14
Registered User
 
bsmith14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,059
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundinisagod View Post
You'd prolly know better, but I can't see Columbus taking him anywhere in the 1st.
A year ago I would have agreed but their new gm means its a new ball game. Jarmo is the one who went to bat for Tarasenko.

bsmith14 is offline  
Old
03-30-2013, 11:12 PM
  #408
thrillhous
Registered User
 
thrillhous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,868
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceManCat View Post
Kuznetsov went pretty late so there is a possibility he drops. Then again NHL teams will like his size so he may be picked in the top ten
But I don't recall Kuz ever being ranked in the top 10 like Nichushkin has been. He wasn't a big faller or anything.

thrillhous is online now  
Old
03-31-2013, 12:14 AM
  #409
SimplySensational
Heard of Hough
 
SimplySensational's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: VA
Country: United States
Posts: 18,979
vCash: 500
Kuznetsov I believe was ranked low 20s. He fell, but not far...

But I think there was more pointing towards Kuznetsov wanting to come to the NHL and Nichushkin also has the fact he said he was coming to the CHL then backed off of it and signed a 3 year deal.

SimplySensational is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 01:28 AM
  #410
Fulcrum
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Toronto, ON
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 2,605
vCash: 500
Just listened to Igor Kravchuk predict Nichushkin will be battling with Jones for 1st spot draft pick after WC..

Fulcrum is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 01:44 AM
  #411
Rhino Reilly
CoJo
 
Rhino Reilly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: in your head
Country: Equatorial Guinea
Posts: 15,629
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to Rhino Reilly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulcrum View Post
Just listened to Igor Kravchuk predict Nichushkin will be battling with Jones for 1st spot draft pick after WC..
What's Igor's status? Is he a scout? I follow him on twitter since he's an ex-Sen and I've always wondered if he works in the hockey industry or is just an extremely passionate fan lol.

EDIT: Guess I never actually read his twitter profile doyyyyyyyyyyyyy

In the middle of a giant twitter convo with Igor. Great guy!!


Last edited by Rhino Reilly: 03-31-2013 at 02:20 AM.
Rhino Reilly is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 02:16 AM
  #412
Veritas0Aequitas
Registered User
 
Veritas0Aequitas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Colorado
Posts: 234
vCash: 500
Has he ever showed any interest in coming over to NA or playing in the NHL?

Veritas0Aequitas is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 02:35 AM
  #413
geoo9
Registered User
 
geoo9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: rusland
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 1,157
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veritas0Aequitas View Post
Has he ever showed any interest in coming over to NA or playing in the NHL?
I did not hear about it from him
need to speak with him, agents and parents do influence his decision so you need a private discussion

geoo9 is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 04:29 AM
  #414
Slay
Registered User
 
Slay's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Krasnoyarsk
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 1,430
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veritas0Aequitas View Post
Has he ever showed any interest in coming over to NA or playing in the NHL?
Well, he did contemplate taking CHL route, so I guess you could say he showed an interest.

Slay is online now  
Old
03-31-2013, 07:49 AM
  #415
InjuredChoker
Registered User
 
InjuredChoker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: LTIR or golf course
Posts: 29,837
vCash: 925
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplySensational View Post
Kuznetsov I believe was ranked low 20s. He fell, but not far...
TSN mock draft: 27

TSN/Bob's final: 24

TSR: 16

McKeen's hockey: 11

ISS: 19

THN: 18

Source for last three.

These are interesting reads later on.

InjuredChoker is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 08:14 AM
  #416
Jester9881
Registered User
 
Jester9881's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Long Island NY
Posts: 9,022
vCash: 500
If he goes that late, a lot of GM's aren't doing their jobs. This guy is easily a top 5 talent in this draft.

Jester9881 is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 08:51 AM
  #417
Alklha
Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 13,234
vCash: 868
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester9881 View Post
If he goes that late, a lot of GM's aren't doing their jobs. This guy is easily a top 5 talent in this draft.
A lot will be decided in his interviews. In terms of talent, he should be top 3, but I don't think he will be picked in the top 7. Would be astounded if he made it past 12 though.

Alklha is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 09:03 AM
  #418
Franck
En enda känsla...
 
Franck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Gothenburg
Country: Sweden
Posts: 9,613
vCash: 50
I'd be very surprised if Steve Yzermanov passes on him. The Lightning's pick, whenever that is, is likely the lowest he will go at the draft.

Franck is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 09:12 AM
  #419
NHLAlert
@nhl_alert
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Uberlandia
Country: Brazil
Posts: 615
vCash: 500
Anyone who has actually watched him play knows he won't go past the top 5 picks, even if they have to wait a few years to get him. When he's on his game (not that he's ever not) he is flat out dominant. I hate to compare him to anybody, but he really looks like Malkin

NHLAlert is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 09:56 AM
  #420
Sundinisagod
redemption
 
Sundinisagod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Zagreb
Country: Croatia
Posts: 11,334
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsmith14 View Post
A year ago I would have agreed but their new gm means its a new ball game. Jarmo is the one who went to bat for Tarasenko.
In that case, scratch what I said...

Sundinisagod is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 09:57 AM
  #421
Sundinisagod
redemption
 
Sundinisagod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Zagreb
Country: Croatia
Posts: 11,334
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alklha View Post
A lot will be decided in his interviews. In terms of talent, he should be top 3, but I don't think he will be picked in the top 7. Would be astounded if he made it past 12 though.

Agreed, should be a top 5...I think he slips to 7-12 range.

Sundinisagod is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 09:59 AM
  #422
geoo9
Registered User
 
geoo9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: rusland
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 1,157
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franck View Post
I'd be very surprised if Steve Yzermanov passes on him. The Lightning's pick, whenever that is, is likely the lowest he will go at the draft.
i think Stepan Aizermanov will right in this decision

geoo9 is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 10:28 AM
  #423
geoo9
Registered User
 
geoo9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: rusland
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 1,157
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHLAlert View Post
Anyone who has actually watched him play knows he won't go past the top 5 picks, even if they have to wait a few years to get him. When he's on his game (not that he's ever not) he is flat out dominant. I hate to compare him to anybody, but he really looks like Malkin
He isnt Malkin - Nich have more strenght / same skating style but less vision and stickhandling/
Rick Nash-looks like him

geoo9 is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 12:01 PM
  #424
helicecopter
Registered User
 
helicecopter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: give me higher shots
Posts: 8,245
vCash: 500
Fantastic play by Nichushkin to finish it off in OT for Traktor (still down but still alive in the series, 2-3)

helicecopter is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 12:02 PM
  #425
Hockeysemin
Registered User
 
Hockeysemin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,089
vCash: 500
Made a great play to win the game for Traktor today

Hockeysemin is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:21 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2017 All Rights Reserved.