HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Anyone Remember Dustin Boyd ?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-27-2011, 03:01 AM
  #1
Habblues
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Sec 9 Fredericton NB
Country: Canada
Posts: 806
vCash: 500
Anyone Remember Dustin Boyd ?

Anyone Remember Dustin Boyd ? So.........I heard the Habs signed him in the off season ?...lol..Then sent him to the minors..A hard working player IMO...A gutsy guy who goes to the net...The guy made the team out of camp, he was a breath of fresh air for the first few games of the season so why not another shot ???????????? What da **** do we have to lose ?

Habblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2011, 03:23 AM
  #2
the vinyl version
Registered User
 
the vinyl version's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,705
vCash: 500
Doesn't ring a bell.

the vinyl version is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2011, 05:06 AM
  #3
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate
 
One Man Rock Band's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Habville
Country: Canada
Posts: 43,704
vCash: 500
He was not good, whatsoever.

One Man Rock Band is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2011, 05:14 AM
  #4
Naoned
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Naoned's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Nantes, France
Country: France
Posts: 1,925
vCash: 500
Dustin who?

Naoned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2011, 06:37 AM
  #5
habcat
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Sunnyvale
Country: Canada
Posts: 243
vCash: 500
Yes I remember him he was part of the brilliant return for Sergei Kostitsyn...You know Sergei the guy that couldn't crack the line-up of this sad-sack team and now has 19 goals and 43 points for Nashville. Sergei used to have battles with another former Hab Mikhail Grabovski who also couldn't crack this terrific line-up and now has 28 goals and 28 assists for 56 points on the frickin Leafs!

Oh yeah we also got Dan Ellis for Kostitsyn but he and Boyd were both pending UFA.

So yes I do remember Dustin Boyd who plays in Hamilton!

habcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2011, 06:40 AM
  #6
jlgib21*
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 620
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habcat View Post
Yes I remember him he was part of the brilliant return for Sergei Kostitsyn...You know Sergei the guy that couldn't crack the line-up of this sad-sack team and now has 19 goals and 43 points for Nashville. Sergei used to have battles with another former Hab Mikhail Grabovski who also couldn't crack this terrific line-up and now has 28 goals and 28 assists for 56 points on the frickin Leafs!

Oh yeah we also got Dan Ellis for Kostitsyn but he and Boyd were both pending UFA.

So yes I do remember Dustin Boyd who plays in Hamilton!
I remember getting slagged for saying he was just another small 4th liner type,which is the last thing this team needed. SK: as a rookie in 07-08 he played the point on the pp.played all 3 forward positions and on all 4 lines.I always thought he was more valuable than A(20 game slump)K.

jlgib21* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2011, 06:50 AM
  #7
habcat
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Sunnyvale
Country: Canada
Posts: 243
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlgib21 View Post
I remember getting slagged for saying he was just another small 4th liner type,which is the last thing this team needed. SK: as a rookie in 07-08 he played the point on the pp.played all 3 forward positions and on all 4 lines.I always thought he was more valuable than A(20 game slump)K.
I agree, when he was a rookie I remember telling a friend of mine that SK would be the far better of the brothers and I stand by that.

habcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2011, 07:01 AM
  #8
jlgib21*
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 620
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habcat View Post
I agree, when he was a rookie I remember telling a friend of mine that SK would be the far better of the brothers and I stand by that.
We were led to believe he had a bad attitude.seems that's a common thing around here with this management.he was pissed off bc JM kept Pyatt and Metro among other over him. To all the JM defenders: He chose Tom Pyatt over SK to be on the team. that's so meesed up.

jlgib21* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2011, 08:19 AM
  #9
WeThreeKings
Registered User
 
WeThreeKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 32,288
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Oh yeah, that guy we traded a 20 goal scorer for.

WeThreeKings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2011, 08:30 AM
  #10
llamateizer
Registered User
 
llamateizer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Montreal
Country:
Posts: 5,383
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Oh yeah, that guy we traded a 20 goal scorer for.
yeah that guy who was a cancer to the team
do you seriously think that that guy would've done the same with us this season?
he was done

llamateizer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2011, 08:41 AM
  #11
Stjonnypopo
Rgesitreed Uesr
 
Stjonnypopo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Mount Doom
Posts: 10,287
vCash: 506
JM hated SK and he would be playing less minutes than Eller right now, if any minutes at all.

It sucks to say it but I think a lot of guys on our team would be playing much better on every other team.

Stjonnypopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2011, 08:50 AM
  #12
habsfan44
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,138
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlgib21 View Post
We were led to believe he had a bad attitude.seems that's a common thing around here with this management.he was pissed off bc JM kept Pyatt and Metro among other over him. To all the JM defenders: He chose Tom Pyatt over SK to be on the team. that's so meesed up.
If what you say is true and he was pissed off because Martin chose Pyatt and Meteropolit among others over him then thats the definition of a player with a bad attitude .

habsfan44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2011, 09:02 AM
  #13
Captain Saku
Registered User
 
Captain Saku's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Montreal
Posts: 10,659
vCash: 500
an A.Kost - Eller - S.Kost line would look extremely sexy!

Captain Saku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2011, 09:08 AM
  #14
WeThreeKings
Registered User
 
WeThreeKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 32,288
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Yup, suddenly players who want to PLAY, have bad attitudes.

No one cares that Sergei was the only one producing in the point of the year where we were struggling to get points and make the play-offs. Nope, they were just all too happy to get rid of him for nothing. Because of some perceived attitude problem.

I'll tell you what. Team morale goes down, individual morale goes down when people who are less skilled and important to the overall success of an organization or team get treated preferentially.

WeThreeKings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2011, 09:16 AM
  #15
Taupy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,819
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Saku View Post
an A.Kost - Eller - S.Kost line would look extremely sexy!
Yeah, in the clubs...

Taupy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2011, 09:19 AM
  #16
Ron Barr
Doing it to Death
 
Ron Barr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: bdddddddet
Posts: 5,820
vCash: 500
If you guys don't like Dustin Boyd, I bet Buffalo would love to take him. We're pretty much dried up as far as center depth goes, even in the minors. IMO in the right situation Boyd can still be an effective checking line player, who can still bring a bit of scoring punch.

Ron Barr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2011, 09:23 AM
  #17
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant
 
VAN-HAB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Port Moody BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,957
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by husamus156 View Post
yeah that guy who was a cancer to the team
do you seriously think that that guy would've done the same with us this season?
he was done
yeah for sure he was a cancer, we heard that from any other team for which SK played, and we can see the result now, how well Gomez and Cammy are playing without the cancer, how he sucks in Nashville as well.

it's well known fact of course....

VAN-HAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2011, 09:33 AM
  #18
Alaix
I believe.
 
Alaix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: Belgium
Posts: 1,016
vCash: 883
I'm pretty sure Dustin Boyd is a myth.

Just like Paul Mara last year

Alaix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2011, 09:45 AM
  #19
Habs 1909
Registered User
 
Habs 1909's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Montreal/Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,665
vCash: 500
Anyone else find it interesting that this thread is supposed to be about Dustin Boyd yet it turned into a management bashfest, and SK just like every other thread on the main page.

Habs 1909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2011, 09:54 AM
  #20
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL
 
YMCMBeaulieu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,432
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by husamus156 View Post
yeah that guy who was a cancer to the team
do you seriously think that that guy would've done the same with us this season?
he was done
I'd take a guy with skill and a bad attitute over plugs like Darche and Pyatt who have no skill but positive attitudes because they are lucky to be getting NHL paycheques. Considering that we've had Moen and Halpern in our top six I think Sergei could've easily done what he's doing with Nashville with us.

YMCMBeaulieu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2011, 09:58 AM
  #21
Habblues
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Sec 9 Fredericton NB
Country: Canada
Posts: 806
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Barr View Post
If you guys don't like Dustin Boyd, I bet Buffalo would love to take him. We're pretty much dried up as far as center depth goes, even in the minors. IMO in the right situation Boyd can still be an effective checking line player, who can still bring a bit of scoring punch.
I REALLY feel he could inject some life into this team....He`s gota be hungry to get back to the show, so why not give him a shot ?

Habblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2011, 11:17 AM
  #22
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate
 
One Man Rock Band's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Habville
Country: Canada
Posts: 43,704
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habblues View Post
I REALLY feel he could inject some life into this team....He`s gota be hungry to get back to the show, so why not give him a shot ?
Our problem is scoring goals. He's not going to do that. Sure he might pot a goal here or there, but he brings nothing else to the lineup for the other time he's on the ice.

One Man Rock Band is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2011, 11:29 AM
  #23
Gabe84
Bring back Bonk!
 
Gabe84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,349
vCash: 500
Do you guys remember Corey Locke? And Duncan Milroy?

Man those guys were amazing in the AHL. And we never gave them a chance! I'm so mad!

Can you imagine how great a line of Balej-Locke-Milroy would have been???

Gabe84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2011, 11:29 AM
  #24
Madam Kadri
Fight, Troll, Score
 
Madam Kadri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Maryland native
Country: United States
Posts: 6,293
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habcat View Post
Yes I remember him he was part of the brilliant return for Sergei Kostitsyn...You know Sergei the guy that couldn't crack the line-up of this sad-sack team and now has 19 goals and 43 points for Nashville. Sergei used to have battles with another former Hab Mikhail Grabovski who also couldn't crack this terrific line-up and now has 28 goals and 28 assists for 56 points on the frickin Leafs!

Oh yeah we also got Dan Ellis for Kostitsyn but he and Boyd were both pending UFA.

So yes I do remember Dustin Boyd who plays in Hamilton!
.224 shooting percentage too. Those 19 goals were scored in only 85 shots. Sniper!!!!

Madam Kadri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2011, 11:31 AM
  #25
Stradale
Registered User
 
Stradale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 10,000
vCash: 500
I remember this.


Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:19 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.