HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Edmonton - Nashville

Old
03-28-2011, 02:21 PM
Mcnotloilersfan
I'm here, I'm bored

vCash: 500
Edmonton - Nashville

This is a deal I wonder if the two teams would consider if Oilers draft RNH this season and the Preds can't agree to terms with Shea Weber.

To Edmonton:

Shea Weber (signed to an extension)

To Nashville:

Edmonton's 2012 1st Round Draft Pick
Sam Gagner
Linus Omark

Oilers fill all major holes going forward, and Predators get a package that helps their scoring now, and gives them a great prospect for the future.

Mcnotloilersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2011, 02:24 PM
Predsrule

Quote:
Originally Posted by notloilersfan View Post
This is a deal I wonder if the two teams would consider if Oilers draft RNH this season and the Preds can't agree to terms with Shea Weber.

To Edmonton:

Shea Weber (signed to an extension)

To Nashville:

Edmonton's 2012 1st Round Draft Pick
Sam Gagner
Linus Omark

Oilers fill all major holes going forward, and Predators get a package that helps their scoring now, and gives them a great prospect for the future.
pass will need much better scoring help then Sam Gagner, Linus Omark to move Weber .. make it this years first and I still dont do it..

Predsrule is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2011, 02:38 PM
Mcnotloilersfan
I'm here, I'm bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predsrule View Post
pass will need much better scoring help then Sam Gagner, Linus Omark to move Weber .. make it this years first and I still dont do it..
The proposal is under the conditions that Nashville can't resign Weber... what would you want for him in the case?

Old
03-28-2011, 02:42 PM
Soundgarden

One of Hall/Eberle must be involved. MPS/'11 1st Rounder would be nice too.

Soundgarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2011, 02:51 PM
oXo Cube
Termite

Send a message via Skype™ to oXo Cube
Nashville is rebuilding?

oXo Cube is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2011, 02:52 PM
headsigh
leave at once!

Nashville is signing Shea Weber. Ryan Suter... Who knows.

But this isn't happening

headsigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2011, 02:54 PM
Soundgarden

Quote:
Originally Posted by oXo Cube View Post
Nashville is rebuilding?
IF we were moving Weber we probably would be.

Old
03-28-2011, 02:56 PM
Mcnotloilersfan
I'm here, I'm bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundgarden View Post
One of Hall/Eberle must be involved. MPS/'11 1st Rounder would be nice too.
This is one thing I dislike about these trade threads. People over-value their own own product and undervalue others.

Shea Weber is not worth that if he won't resign. I'm not saying he won't resign... I'm saying IF that becomes the case, I think the offer I put down is more than fair.

Old
03-28-2011, 02:57 PM
8BostonRocker24

If Nashville decides to move Weber (with a contract extension per your post) the return will be much much larger then this.

8BostonRocker24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2011, 03:02 PM
Soundgarden

Quote:
This is one thing I dislike about these trade threads. People over-value their own own product and undervalue others.

Shea Weber is not worth that if he won't resign. I'm not saying he won't resign... I'm saying IF that becomes the case, I think the offer I put down is more than fair.
So we trade our best player for two okay but not great prospects and a top 10 pick that will probably come in handy 3-5 years from now? Come on, you have to give to get, especially for somebody else's top players.

Old
03-28-2011, 03:08 PM
oXo Cube
Termite

Send a message via Skype™ to oXo Cube
Quote:

You're joking right? Weber is worth twice the original proposal assuming he comes signed to a long term extension.

I would trade MPS + '11 1st for him and never look back.

oXo Cube is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2011, 03:10 PM
rigger

Quote:
Originally Posted by oXo Cube View Post
Nashville is rebuilding?
No, Nashville's highest scoring forward is Martin Erat and has 46 points. They have an abundance of young talented Dmen. They have no offence.

I would suggest more proven talent for Weber though.

2011 1st Overall pick
Ales Hemsky
Linus Omark/Brule/Cogliano

for

Shea Weber
Colin Wilson

Or

Franson for Hemsky

Last edited by rigger: 03-28-2011 at 03:40 PM.
rigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2011, 03:11 PM
Petro Points

Quote:
So we trade our best player for two okay but not great prospects and a top 10 pick that will probably come in handy 3-5 years from now? Come on, you have to give to get, especially for somebody else's top players.
Dont mind Eberle being thrown in proposals for 'top players' but you seriously think Hall could be involved in a deal while he is on ELC?
There is not a single player in the NHL that a rebuilding team like EDM would trade him for. Once he commands 7M+ then he may become available.

Petro Points is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2011, 03:15 PM
Soundgarden

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigger View Post
No, Nashville's highest scoring forward is Martin Erat and has 46 points. They have an abundance of young talented Dmen. They have no offence.

2012 1st Overall pick
Ales Hemsky

for

Shea Weber
Colin Wilson

Or

Franson for Hemsky
So as a team with no offense we trade our top offensive defensemen, not to mention the whole franchise player thing, and a player we drafted specifically to replace our no. 1 center for an injury prone semi top line player, a top 10 pick that once again will be no help until a few years from now and one of Omark/Brule/Cogliano? I don't see how that helps us at all. And the difference between Franson and Weber + Wilson is a hell of a lot more then a top ten pick and a leftover.

Old
03-28-2011, 03:18 PM
Soundgarden

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenzOil View Post
Dont mind Eberle being thrown in proposals for 'top players' but you seriously think Hall could be involved in a deal while he is on ELC?
There is not a single player in the NHL that a rebuilding team like EDM would trade him for. Once he commands 7M+ then he may become available.
Do you seriously think that Nashville will just hand over their best player for a decent prospect an often injured top 6 player and a bad contract/grinder? Think of the proposal in terms of what the other team is giving up too.

Old
03-28-2011, 03:23 PM
Petro Points

Quote:

2012 1st Overall pick
Ales Hemsky

for

Shea Weber
Colin Wilson

Or

Franson for Hemsky
pretty bold statement there... im guessing u meant "round"

If NSH wants offense and is not into getting top end draft picks then how about a Hemsky + Foster + Gagner package?
Foster replaces the shot <lol> and the other 2 bring in offense.

Old
03-28-2011, 03:24 PM
Finlandia WOAT

Somehow, adding another 40 point forward to the dozen they already have does not seem to "help their scoring".

Taylor Hall, Jordan Eberle, Ales Hemsky, those players help Nashville's scoring woes. Not a small, weak perimeter player like Gagner.

Finlandia WOAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2011, 03:29 PM
Petro Points

Quote:
Do you seriously think that Nashville will just hand over their best player for a decent prospect an often injured top 6 player and a bad contract/grinder? Think of the proposal in terms of what the other team is giving up too.
Is Hemsky just that? "an often injured top 6 player". I dont expect EDM to land a player like Weber and NSH would be stupid to give him up in a deal but to just discard players with statements like yours is unfair to them. Hemsky is a gamebreaker and probably still leads our team in points despite missing half the season. If healthy he would be running your offense and easily leading your team in scoring.

Old
03-28-2011, 03:31 PM
rigger

Quote:
I get what you're saying completely even though saying Hemsky has a bad contract is like saying Weber has a bad clapper.

Does Nashville have a self imposed salary cap or do they spend to the limit? This may have an impact on his contract as others will be prepared to overpay him.

Old
03-28-2011, 03:34 PM
predfan24

Quote:

What the heck do you mean re-sign? You realize his contract is up this year and he is an RFA? Preds will likely match anything up to 4 1st round pick compensation point. So there is your starting point for comparable value. Preds fan aren't overrating anything. Weber has more value than any young D-man not named Doughty. It would take an amazing amount to get him.

predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2011, 03:35 PM
Petro Points

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton 2nd Pick View Post
Somehow, adding another 40 point forward to the dozen they already have does not seem to "help their scoring".

Taylor Hall, Jordan Eberle, Ales Hemsky, those players help Nashville's scoring woes. Not a small, weak perimeter player like Gagner.
not to be an @$$ but Gagner was on pace for 50pts and has more points then Eberle while only being 9 months older :p

So there goes the age excuse since the difference is only 9 months
Gagner is taller,heavier and has more points then Ebs..

now take him and give us Shea!!

Old
03-28-2011, 03:36 PM
Soundgarden

Quote:
I get what you're saying completely even though saying Hemsky has a bad contract is like saying Weber has a bad clapper.

Does Nashville have a self imposed salary cap or do they spend to the limit? This may have an impact on his contract as others will be prepared to overpay him.
I meant Hemsky was the often injured top 6er. Nashville does have a cap limit, but with increased revenue as well as the new ownership it won't have much of an effect on us signing Weber OR Suter. I see us signing both for somewhere around 6.5, but if someone tries to offer sheet Weber for 8 mill or something similiar I can see us taking the four draft picks. Our cap woes have been overstated, we sign what we consider our "core players" and we get rid of bad contracts like Arnott's or Hamhuis's when they get in the way.

Old
03-28-2011, 03:40 PM
Petro Points

Quote:

I think he was talking about Brule there.. guessing by how he had bad contract/grinder written together

I think the Oilers should sign Weber to an offersheet giving up 4 1sts. Its the only way we are gonna stop tanking. Not having a 1st rounder will hopefully get our management focused towards making this a better team. Weber would be a great start

Old
03-28-2011, 03:55 PM
rigger

Quote:
pretty bold statement there... im guessing u meant "round"

If NSH wants offense and is not into getting top end draft picks then how about a Hemsky + Foster + Gagner package?
Foster replaces the shot <lol> and the other 2 bring in offense.
I edited that, I meant this years pick, 2011.

Its essentially Larsson/Nugent-Hopkins/Couturier/Landeskog (who I think is the best scorer/powerforward)

And Hemsky (would be the best forward on the Preds)

And Omark, a very creative, hard working swede.

Old
03-28-2011, 04:57 PM
Mcnotloilersfan
I'm here, I'm bored

Quote:
I think he was talking about Brule there.. guessing by how he had bad contract/grinder written together

I think the Oilers should sign Weber to an offersheet giving up 4 1sts. Its the only way we are gonna stop tanking. Not having a 1st rounder will hopefully get our management focused towards making this a better team. Weber would be a great start
Haha, if Oilers were to make that deal...

1) Weber's deal would have to be a solid 7-8 year deal.
2) Oilers better go out and sign another top 4 dman and some solid energy players
3) Oilers better get rid of Khabibulin and make a trade for a quality goaltender to play alongside Dubnyk.

If those 3 things happened... I would give the 4 1st round picks and never have to think an Oilers loss is 'okay' again.