HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Calm before the storm?

Closed Thread

Old
07-07-2004, 10:53 AM
Owen Wilson

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Owen Wilson Send a message via MSN to Owen Wilson
Calm before the storm?

I haven't seen any Habs rumurs going around, could this be the calm before the storm as the title suggest??

I think it may be. The Kovalev deal came out of nowhere and so did the Bonk deal. I think Gainey's got the poker face going and he's not showing anyone his hand!

Old
07-07-2004, 11:01 AM
GilleZ

Thats for sure. But I think the important thing in this, is that it shows that BG is not affraid to got get players. And were not talking about 4th line players when you think of Bonk and Kovalev. So I think there is a good chance to see some great moves by BG during the off season!

Old
07-07-2004, 11:32 AM
Shazbot

Personally, I have the sense that Gainey has given up on Alex Kovalev and has another name in mind to sign for our top line. Demitra, Kariya, Recchi, Shanahan, Bondra, Hull, Palffy, Murray, Rolston, Deadmarsh, Selanne, Lindros??? Who knows?

Or maybe Gainey's just chilling out, confident that one of his great stable of rookies is strong enough to make an impact on one of the top lines. Kastsitsyn will be here along with our other favourites - Chipchura, Higgins, Plekanec, and Hossa.

Whatever happens, Gainey seems so calm and well organized that I can rest assured as a Habs fan that something good will come before too long.

Old
07-07-2004, 05:48 PM
Form and Substance

No storm, just an anticlimactic summer in preparation for the REAL storm: the lockout.

Closed Thread