HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Mike Richards

Old
03-31-2011, 04:46 PM
mirimon

vCash: 500
I think he should take after the great Bulgarian soccer player Hristo Stoichkov and the way he treated journalists.

At least J.C. could do it. Stoichkov once remembered the surrounding journalists who wanted him to be a bit clearer with what he meant, that Hristo means Christ. You don't question or reprimand Hristo.

I don't think anyone had as much fun with, or treated the media with as much arrogance as good old Hristo.

As long as Richards has the support of his teammates and the management in the way he deals with the media, it's ok if he's a bit surly from time to time.

mirimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2011, 04:58 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

The captain should only be concerned with the team. Let the coach and GM deal with the media.

As far as I'm concerned, that the media gets any info at all from any players should be seen as a bonus for them, not a divinely-mandated right.

Beef Invictus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2011, 05:02 PM
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by decadentia View Post
Did you even read the article?

Actually, I know you didn't for a fact. You read the title, it's about the media, not about him and the team.
Oh he read it. However his sight and judgment are impaired by his hatred of 17 and 18

Hockeypete49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2011, 05:16 PM
MsWoof

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongolium View Post
Yes, talking to people on a forum is not real people. It's fake. You are all talking to robots. Ha Ha. Oh geeez.
Oh my God. MY. GOD!! Now it makes sense! I went to some NHL and OHL games with Charlie Girl! We had dinners together! And now I realize she's nothing more than a Mike Richards loving, stat spewing ROBOT! All this time I thought she was a human but Cartsie has shown me the light!

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2011, 05:26 PM

How is someone called 'Cartsiephan' such an anti-Carter guy?

1865 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2011, 05:46 AM
CptCannon

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1865 View Post
Sarcasm.

CptCannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2011, 06:52 AM
decadentia

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1865 View Post
Suppressed dreams of homo-erotica manifesting itself in an online identity?

Last edited by decadentia: 04-01-2011 at 06:59 AM.
decadentia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2011, 07:31 AM
phillyfanatic

Anybody else been watching NHL Draft previews? The #1 overall pick is "the next Mike Richards". I live in Ottawa and they keep saying, if this guy is the next Mike Richards you HAVE TO TAKE HIM AT #1!!! How awesome is that. #1 overall talent. Who knew.

phillyfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2011, 07:42 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 440
If they were talking about Gabriel Landeskog, he also plays for Kitchener.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2011, 07:50 AM
CavemanLawyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirimon View Post
I think he should take after the great Bulgarian soccer player Hristo Stoichkov and the way he treated journalists.

At least J.C. could do it. Stoichkov once remembered the surrounding journalists who wanted him to be a bit clearer with what he meant, that Hristo means Christ. You don't question or reprimand Hristo.

I don't think anyone had as much fun with, or treated the media with as much arrogance as good old Hristo.

As long as Richards has the support of his teammates and the management in the way he deals with the media, it's ok if he's a bit surly from time to time.
Ah crazy ol' Hristo. "There are only two Christs; one plays for Barcelona, the other is in heaven".

CavemanLawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2011, 08:40 AM
phillyfanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
If they were talking about Gabriel Landeskog, he also plays for Kitchener.
Yes - the coach of kitchener said he is very similar to Mike Richards. It is the only player he has ever compared to Richards, said he has the same leadership and work ethic. Scouts are drooling over those intangables. How many scouts would like a mulligan on passing over Richards due to "raw talent". I remember when Richards was drafted at 22, everyone said - that is the next captain of the Philadelphia Flyers. In all seriousness, if everyone knew he had that in him, he should have been taken a lot higher.

phillyfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2011, 08:42 AM
Terence Peterman

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfanatic View Post
Yes - the coach of kitchener said he is very similar to Mike Richards. It is the only player he has ever compared to Richards, said he has the same leadership and work ethic. Scouts are drooling over those intangables. How many scouts would like a mulligan on passing over Richards due to "raw talent". I remember when Richards was drafted at 22, everyone said - that is the next captain of the Philadelphia Flyers. In all seriousness, if everyone knew he had that in him, he should have been taken a lot higher.
What would make Richards go higher in a re-do of the draft is he's absolutely exploded offensively. He wasn't supposed to be this good.

Terence Peterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2011, 08:49 AM
Cartsiephan*

Did Richie play last night? How about instead of Captain Richie his new name is Captain Invisible.

Cartsiephan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2011, 08:59 AM
decadentia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartsiephan View Post
Did Richie play last night? How about instead of Captain Richie his new name is Captain Invisible.

decadentia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2011, 09:01 AM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfanatic View Post
Landeskog is very reminiscent of Richards. Hits, kills penalties, plays PP, defends teammates, as well as the leadership and work ethic. Love the kid. Wish he could become a Flyer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Blaine View Post
What would make Richards go higher in a re-do of the draft is he's absolutely exploded offensively. He wasn't supposed to be this good.
Anyone who watched him in junior knew he would be good, through sheer determination, if nothing else. The scouts were concerned that his size wouldn't allow him to play his game, and that he'd be largely ineffective as anything but a 3rd line shutdown centre. It was more a case of underestimation than exceeding expectations, in my opinion.

CharlieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2011, 09:02 AM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

Quote:
Why don't the Flyers just ****ing trade him, and then you can ***** how the Flyers get rid of good players and never develop them here?

Last edited by CharlieGirl: 04-01-2011 at 09:24 AM.
Old
04-01-2011, 09:56 AM
Cartsiephan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieGirl View Post
Why don't the Flyers just ****ing trade him, and then you can ***** how the Flyers get rid of good players and never develop them here?
Are you getting Kesler and Perry back? Time to step up Richie, enough of the pats on the back, time to win games at home. Losing three times in the last three weeks to a team who is not even going to sniff the playoffs is unacceptable.

As a matter of fact the Thrashers are .500 over their last ten games, three wins over the Flyers contributed to this number.

Old
04-01-2011, 09:59 AM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

Quote:
Are you getting Kesler and Perry back?
Are you saying that Richards is worth Kesler + Perry?

Old
04-01-2011, 10:04 AM
bennysflyers16

Quote:
Why even bother ???

bennysflyers16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2011, 10:08 AM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennysflyers16 View Post
Why even bother ???
I don't know. It's Friday, I'm bored at work, I'm by myself in the office. I need something to amuse myself.

Unfortunately, no one is funny around here.

Old
04-01-2011, 10:13 AM
Cartsiephan*

Quote:
The greatness that is Richie, you tell me, I am just a troll who has no really idea of what being a real fan is all about...

Old
04-01-2011, 10:18 AM
Terence Peterman

Quote:
The greatness that is Richie, you tell me, I am just a troll who has no really idea of what being a real fan is all about...
For anyone who has a sig, you just found your new quote

Terence Peterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2011, 10:59 AM
CanadianFlyer88
Knublin' PPs

Quote:
Are you getting Kesler and Perry back? Time to step up Richie, enough of the pats on the back, time to win games at home. Losing three times in the last three weeks to a team who is not even going to sniff the playoffs is unacceptable.

As a matter of fact the Thrashers are .500 over their last ten games, three wins over the Flyers contributed to this number.
You keep bringing Kesler up. What has he won? When has he proven he can elevate his game when it matters? Richards has won at every level, except the NHL... and he was 2 wins away from that goal.

You probably believe he was a key player for the Americans in the Gold Medal game, where he got the Americans on the score board. Yet, Richards was instrumental in getting Canada on the score board earlier in the game.

Or maybe you believe he stepped it up in the playoffs in 2009 when the Canucks bowed out in the 2nd round... or last year when the Canucks bowed out in the 2nd round. Yet, the Flyers have a Stanley Cup Final appearance and an Eastern Conference Final appearance in the last three seasons.

You talk a lot about cheering for the logo on the front of the jersey but you spend an awful lot of time talking about the names on the backs of opposing jerseys. The grass is always greener...

04-01-2011, 11:33 AM
Cartsiephan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeypete49 View Post
Oh he read it. However his sight and judgment are impaired by his hatred of 17 and 18
This NEVER, EVER gets old.

Old
04-01-2011, 11:39 AM
Cartsiephan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianFlyer88 View Post
You keep bringing Kesler up. What has he won? When has he proven he can elevate his game when it matters? Richards has won at every level, except the NHL... and he was 2 wins away from that goal.

You probably believe he was a key player for the Americans in the Gold Medal game, where he got the Americans on the score board. Yet, Richards was instrumental in getting Canada on the score board earlier in the game.

Or maybe you believe he stepped it up in the playoffs in 2009 when the Canucks bowed out in the 2nd round... or last year when the Canucks bowed out in the 2nd round. Yet, the Flyers have a Stanley Cup Final appearance and an Eastern Conference Final appearance in the last three seasons.

You talk a lot about cheering for the logo on the front of the jersey but you spend an awful lot of time talking about the names on the backs of opposing jerseys. The grass is always greener...

I have paid my dues as a Flyers fan, good and bad, over the years of the franchise. My loyalty is not in question because I question the effort of two leaders on this team. You can spin it however you want. If this team flames out of the playoffs it is squarely on the shoulder of the core group(aka- Richards/Carter) to get the job done.

They wear the letters on the jerseys, they are the most tenured and have the largest contracts, as well as what most here will always go to......they are the guys who score, who are the impact players.........with that comes expectations. Maybe not from a fan like yourself, but from this fan it does.

Now, if they put up the play and win the Cup they reap the rewards, it is the single most dynamic fact of being an athlete in Philly. If you win today, the fans will walk with you forever. If you lose, especially due to lack of effort and not talent, well you should expect that fans such as myself will call you out for that, no free pass. This is not St Louis where everything is rosy and no one cares.