HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Notices

CAPS vs CANES - 3/29/2011, 7PM @ Verizon Center. Rock me like a... nevermind

Old
03-30-2011, 11:38 AM
usiel
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to usiel
Last night game definitely had a bit of a feel that of one of those after a long road trip where the team was clicking on all cylinders as well as adjusting to a couple of players coming back in. That being said they had some great offensive chances. Give credit to Ward for playing very well in that game. OV had some great shots and seemed to be just missing but I imagine his timing was a bit off on those. He definitely looked more explosive skating wise also.

03-30-2011, 11:46 AM
HSHS
Losing is a disease

The team management and locker room leaders have changed their attitude from regular season "success" both team and individual to a post season team success priority. Its been evident all year and continued through BB's benching last night. Not sure how anyone can be upset.

HSHS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2011, 11:51 AM
txpd

benching semin was a free shot last night for boudreau. the flyers were hammering the pens. he knew where the team stood. there was little to no cost.

txpd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2011, 11:51 AM
Millhaus

The first home game after a long road trip, especially a successful one, is always a trap game. When you throw in the cavalry was showing up in Ovechkin and Arnott it was even more likely going to be that way for the rest of the crew. Plus Varlamov was only playing his 2nd game back after missing over a month so he wasn't going to be bringing his A game. When you add it all up last night's result doesn't surprise me at all.

Would I have preferred that the team in general and a couple of guys in particular play better? Sure but last night's game doesn't really bother me nor do I think it says anything particular about the team's likely performance in the early part of the playoffs. The biggest problem with last night's game by far IMO was Wideman getting hurt.

Millhaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2011, 11:53 AM
QuadrupleDeke
33% more deke

Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd View Post
benching semin was a free shot last night for boudreau. the flyers were hammering the pens. he knew where the team stood. there was little to no cost.
Except that little team called the Bruins.

Not that I disagree with benching Semin, but the Caps are far from knowing where they stand.

QuadrupleDeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2011, 12:53 PM
HSHS
Losing is a disease

Time to get my head checked again. I agree with Millhaus.

HSHS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2011, 12:53 PM
BiPolar Caps
Emotionally Wounded!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitalsCup2012 View Post
Care to elaborate on this outlandish statement?
No, because both of us know it won't end well.

BiPolar Caps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2011, 01:36 PM
Chokingdogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwarden View Post
This might be the drunkest I've seen Locker
why you say that?

there's been times where, to me, it was obvious.

last night wasnt one of those times. did he do or say something that really stuck out?

Chokingdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2011, 01:38 PM
mrwarden
Nothing Witty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chokingdogs View Post
why you say that?

there's been times where, to me, it was obvious.

last night wasnt one of those times. did he do or say something that really stuck out?
There's several posts in this thread relating to specific stuff he said throughout the night.

03-30-2011, 01:38 PM
Vladiator16
R.I.P - Loko.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitalsCup2012 View Post
You were on a roll until you said "Russian losers", then it all fell apart and you came across as simply a Semin defender above all else.

There are enough of us who have watched Semin his whole career that recognize that he's not really changed much. Immensly talented, prone to winning a game or disappearing for 5-15 game stretches.

What you and some other Semin supporters do is point to a single game here and there and say "see he's talented, he saved a point, or the game", but you ignore the fact that he's still a complete non-factor for significant portions of the season either through injury or just not showing up each night...

The Semin of today is a much better player than the Semin of 2 years ago....I will give him that. If the guy would just pretend that he gave a damn most of the time, he would lose a lot of his critics. Nobody wants to see him succeed more than me. I think for us to win a Cup he needs to be more than he is today.
1st of all, i said "Russian losers" at the end of my post, so i guess you agreed with 75% of what i've said (i'll take it, coz for me its very important to convince somebody on inter-webz that i am right )
2nd of all, the "Russian losers" comment was directed at one person and one person only, i thought that was clear.
3rd of all, Semin doesn't need to pretend ****, thats all subjective, kind of perception of the guy and i think you are putting too much emphasis on importance of Semin **** ups in our quest for the Cup. He is important, but not that important. If he produces in playoffs the way he produces now i'll say he is good enough, but again thats very subjective statement, it is only an opinion.

Last edited by Vladiator16: 03-30-2011 at 01:47 PM.
Vladiator16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2011, 08:30 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladiator16 View Post
1st of all, i said "Russian losers" at the end of my post, so i guess you agreed with 75% of what i've said (i'll take it, coz for me its very important to convince somebody on inter-webz that i am right )
2nd of all, the "Russian losers" comment was directed at one person and one person only, i thought that was clear.
3rd of all, Semin doesn't need to pretend ****, thats all subjective, kind of perception of the guy and i think you are putting too much emphasis on importance of Semin **** ups in our quest for the Cup. He is important, but not that important. If he produces in playoffs the way he produces now i'll say he is good enough, but again thats very subjective statement, it is only an opinion.
Hey if you're not interested in posting something we'll somewhat agree with or at least intelligently debate you on....why the hell waste your time posting here?

Because you had a decent post going at first...but then tried to turn this into something it's not even close to being. This isn't about some lazy or dumb Russian hockey player stereotype that some of our friends from upper North America (like Don Cherry and his flock) might buy into. That doesn't play here in Caps land. You're a regular....it was dumb to even infer that's what's going on with the criticism of Semin.

The criticism is completly based on his on ice performance....end of story.

What do you mean if he produces in the playoffs like he's producing now? As in the 1g, 1a performance of the last two games, or the 18 game stretch without a goal guy. Sure....we'd all take the guy putting up two points a game. And if you don't think Semin is important to a deep run at the Cup...well, agree to disagree. Arguably your most talented player? Yeah...slightly important the way I see it.

CapitalsCupFantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2011, 10:12 AM
Vladiator16
R.I.P - Loko.

Well, I don’t know what you mean; it sure looks like we are debating something here. Intelligently or not , that’s a different story. Once again, my comment was in direct response to another poster commenting on Russians having problems understanding fundamentals. So tell me, did it sound like stereotype or did I get it wrong? And it did play out here in Caps land.

Quote: “His reflexes mean dick without a grasp of fundamentals. The Russians seem to have a hard time with this concept.”

What I mean by production in PO’s 1G 1A in 2 games isn’t such a horrible performance. And Semin is important in our run, his **** ups are not as important, actually they are blown out of proportions… yes, he ****ed up, again, with a dumb penalty, in the last 5 min, but what did it really cost us? As I said he is important, but not as important as some other essential parts, such as coaching, OV, Backstrom, goalie situation, PP, Green and D in general.
..and don’t call me Semin apologist. I hate his idiotic decisions here and there, as much as anyone, but let’s not blow it out of proportions.

Vladiator16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2011, 01:36 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Ahh I see....ignore the warts. I can do that too...if the player is producing and putting in a consistant effort.

CapitalsCupFantasy is offline   Reply With Quote