HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Minnesota Wild
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

3/29/11 - Minnesota @ St. Louis - 7 PM CDT - FSN (HD)

Closed Thread

Old
03-29-2011, 11:35 PM
Generic User
Dynamic as they come

vCash: 500
Even though I want them to get a good draft spot, I really liked that they won tonight. I'd rather the team morale be high(ish) and draft at #9 again than have the morale be at rock bottom and draft at #8. Tanking is stupid.

Old
03-29-2011, 11:38 PM
Vashanesh
My best outfit

My god, I thought I was depressed about the Wild. You guys seem downright suicidal.

Get over it. We weren't going to get a top-5 pick anyway.

Old
03-30-2011, 12:34 AM
State of Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Generic User View Post
Even though I want them to get a good draft spot, I really liked that they won tonight. I'd rather the team morale be high(ish) and draft at #9 again than have the morale be at rock bottom and draft at #8. Tanking is stupid.
Come October, when it counts again, no one will remember or care that they don't remember the win tonight. At any rate, the win tonight was worth 4 spots, not 1. I'll gladly give up tonight's win if it means dozens more in the years ahead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vashanesh View Post
Get over it. We weren't going to get a top-5 pick anyway.
Can I have that crystal ball? A draft lottery has to fall the right way eventually for a Minnesota team.

Old
03-30-2011, 12:44 AM
Kari Takko

This is comedy. The team wins tonight while showing a ton of heart and coming back, and it's a problem? Bouchard's snipe was amazing and the team competed hard tonight. Stoner was moving the puck effectively and showed why he was given a 1 way contract last offseason.

I understand the allure of drafting in the top 10, but it's not about picking the highest rated prospect, it's about picking the right one. The draft is a crapshoot, so there's no guarantee the guy you pick @ 8 will be any better than the guy you pick @ 11. There will be some guys that drop like in years past, so I don't understand all the doom and gloom. I saw someone say they didn't want to end up with another Granlund... why not?

Old
03-30-2011, 04:21 AM
anatsu
twitter: @finanatsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothy Freitag View Post
I saw someone say they didn't want to end up with another Granlund... why not?
What? I still think Granlund is the smartest player from the last year's draft class. Yes, smarter than Hall or Seguin and etc. You should be happy to get Granlund and way happier if you end up with player like Granlund in this year. But I think there's no as smart player as Granlund is.

Old
03-30-2011, 06:19 AM
BuddyMcCormick

vCash: 934
Quote:
This is comedy. The team wins tonight while showing a ton of heart and coming back, and it's a problem? Bouchard's snipe was amazing and the team competed hard tonight. Stoner was moving the puck effectively and showed why he was given a 1 way contract last offseason.

I understand the allure of drafting in the top 10, but it's not about picking the highest rated prospect, it's about picking the right one. The draft is a crapshoot, so there's no guarantee the guy you pick @ 8 will be any better than the guy you pick @ 11. There will be some guys that drop like in years past, so I don't understand all the doom and gloom. I saw someone say they didn't want to end up with another Granlund... why not?
You just don't understand. Some fans are Chicken Little. Everything done is wrong.
Naming them the Wild was wrong.
Having them play at the X is wrong.
Drafting ANY player is wrong.
Winning is wrong.

Old
03-30-2011, 07:39 AM
edgevolution
GO USA!

I thought the guys played a solid game last night. Although they're out, i still want to see them competing hard being that i have tickets to the last game against Dallas.

Old
03-30-2011, 08:27 AM
llamapalooza
Hockey State Expat

Quote:

Their play last night was solid, and nobody's complaining about the quality of effort (for once). Bouchard's goal was, like you said, amazing. We're just upset this effort couldn't have come three weeks ago. When your team gives up and drops 8 in a row in the middle of a playoff race, it's just easier to cheer for losses, which help the team next year and frankly are more likely anyway, than for a really unlikely win that doesn't help the team in any tangible way. Pride? Really? I'm not sure we had any left.

It's not that moving up a few spots is a guarantee of draft success; it's a matter of probability. You're right that it's about picking the right prospect and not the highest rated one, but the odds you'll be able to take the right prospect are way higher. Plus, if the team is OK with drafting 11th, then let's move up to the 8th spot and trade down, and see if we can't get our 2nd back.

Old
03-30-2011, 01:57 PM
Generic User
Dynamic as they come

Quote:
Originally Posted by State of Hockey View Post
Come October, when it counts again, no one will remember or care that they don't remember the win tonight. At any rate, the win tonight was worth 4 spots, not 1. I'll gladly give up tonight's win if it means dozens more in the years ahead.
Whatever. You're going to get mad at whoever GMCF picks anyways, regardless of the spot the Wild are selecting.

Old
03-30-2011, 02:04 PM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

vCash: 50
Quote:
Whatever. You're going to get mad at whoever GMCF picks anyways, regardless of the spot the Wild are selecting.
truth. one thing you can count on.

Old
03-30-2011, 02:11 PM
bozak911
Ignoring Idiots

Quote:
Originally Posted by codemanh View Post
I thought the guys played a solid game last night. Although they're out, i still want to see them competing hard being that i have tickets to the last game against Dallas.
I actually want the roster to get their collective heads outta their rears by April 10th.

How awesome would it be if Dallas was ONE POINT out of 8th April 9th?

Here's the rub...

What if it's Chicago sitting in 8th?

What if it's Calgary?

The Wild may hold the post season hopes of two teams in their hands come April 10th.

If it were Chicago sitting in 8th and a win by Dallas would bump them out? Personally, I'd be rooting for Dallas. I'm still mad at the Chicago fans that boo'd Chelios.

If it were Calgary sitting in 8th? I dunno. I'd kinda like to see a Vancouver/Calgary matchup.

Old
03-30-2011, 02:15 PM
BuddyMcCormick

vCash: 934
Quote:
I'm glad I'm not the only one that feels that way.

Old
03-30-2011, 02:23 PM
hipsquare

The thing that made me really sad about last night's game was that the Blues fans looked genuinely excited about hockey (at least they seemed that way on TV). I didn't get the idea that the team or the fans wanted to tank for a better draft spot.

Back to the game the Wild are undefeated in St. Louis shootouts this season! The team didn't just implode after that weak goal Theodore gave up early in the third too.

Old
03-30-2011, 06:21 PM
State of Hockey

Quote:
Then read last year's draft thread and weep at your ignorant attempt at swaying others' opinions.

Last edited by State of Hockey: 03-30-2011 at 06:28 PM.
Old
03-30-2011, 07:08 PM
this providence
Chips in Bed Theorem

Since this really isn't about the game anymore and more so about making quips towards others, we'll just go ahead and end it.

After Meaningless Win - 3/29/12 - Game 77 | SoH-"Who knows, that could have cost us a Cup tonight." | Dooohkay
Closed Thread