HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Dirt Cheap Avalanche Tickets

Old
03-24-2011, 12:30 PM
darrenturcotte#8

vCash: 500
Dirt Cheap Avalanche Tickets

The Avs offered me a ton of tix the rest of this season at DEEP discounts. If you want to go to any, let me know. I can even get up to 8 seats together for certain games at more than 50% below face. Lower level seats or high quality uppers.

darrenturcotte#8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2011, 11:31 AM
darrenturcotte#8

I still have both my pairs for 3/31 Vs. Nashville. 112 row 9 for $30/seat. 9th row off the glass for 66% off face value, anyone? Section 311 row 1 for $25/seat. 1st row of the whole upper deck. Nobody wants to see the Avs play live? Seriously?

Old
03-29-2011, 06:52 PM
Adama0905

Yeah, this isn't exactly an exclusive offer.

I got the same one a couple days ago. Woulda made good on it, but sadly I have zero money.

Adama0905 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2011, 06:55 PM
Mant*

Dirt cheap you say? Too bad the experience of watching this team in person isn't worth dirt.

Mant* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2011, 09:28 PM
Golden Foppa

It's time for the organization to just drop face value prices in the first place. Their marketing tactics are idiotic. They scare people away with $86-$250 face value prices for lower level seats, but then as it gets closer to game time and a boatload of ridiculously priced seats are unsold they offer them at great bargains, but it is always too little too late (mostly too late). That's just dumb. People like to make plans and when their sticker prices are outrageous and they don't bother to offer these deals until really late and only to certain people and not broadly advertised public offers they just end up with tons of seats the generate zero dollars each.

These types of things really scare me. If their prices were more in line with a place like say St. Louis they'd have a full arena every night too. Instead they have no clue how to run or market the organization anymore and I find it to be downright scary.

Golden Foppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2011, 09:54 PM
Zih
Dater's Gonna Hate

vCash: 133
Yeah, I got an e-mail to get tickets half off for Thursday's game vs Nashville. Briefly considered it.

The Avs' problem is that they refuse to lower the season ticket prices, and once you've locked people in at a higher price with the season tickets, it limits your ability to offer discounts later on in the year without pissing off everyone who bought season tickets early and end up paying more than everyone else.

They need to drastically slash season ticket prices to start re-building a solid foundation of season ticket holders. And if I were the Avs, I'd hire some students from campuses around town to sell off deeply discounted tickets (like... $10 upper level) a day before games that they have a ton of tickets leftover for.

At this point, Avs need to rebuild their fanbase above all else. The triple whammy of the lockout, Sakic retiring, and sucking have just brutalized the fan base. The Pepsi Center has all of the excitement of a mortuary most games, and it doesn't exactly make for fun times.

Oh, and get a better advertising agency, my god. Here's a hint: the Rockies can provide you with a phone number.

Zih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2011, 10:01 PM
Drury_Sakic

I have always wondered how much not using ticketmaster has hurt the Avs.

I am as much of an anti-ticketmaster person as anyone, but the fact of the matter is they are the place to look for tickets at face value.

Granted, there are far more reason than just this, but the Avs attendance issues started around 2004.... guess when TicketHorse was started?

If you are a casual fan looking for Avs tickets... where do you go? Ticketmaster of course.... and if you can't find them there, well, maybe you don't find them at all... or you get redirected to this 2 bit looking TicketHorse page and go WTF?

The marketing of the team has seemed to improved a bit in the last year or two, but they still really only advertise on Altitude. Get some of those ads out there on other networks. I don't need to see 20 Ads with JML during the game, I am already watch at that point. Some are good, as you are introducing players and their faces to the casual watcher, but maybe you should try and sell some of that Ad time to others and then use those funds on the team or to put Ads on other networks for the Avs.

All that said, as I understand it, the Denver sports market is suffering as a whole right now in terms of driving fan interest... which also is tied to and a cause of poor teams.

Last edited by Drury_Sakic: 03-29-2011 at 10:13 PM.
Drury_Sakic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2011, 01:02 PM
darrenturcotte#8

Screw Ticketmaster AND Tickethorse. Buy your tickets from season ticketholders like me who are getting killed. Another yr of losses and I'm going to bail on my tickets like the other 80% of the building. Buying tickets for $42 and begging people to take them for $25 is ridiculous.

AND I STILL HAVE MY PAIR FOR TOM 3/31 PREDS, lower balcony sect 331 Row 1, if anyone has USA currency of any sort they are willing to trade...

Old
03-30-2011, 06:24 PM
Golden Foppa

I gave up my season tickets after the 2008-2009 season. It was unfair to me to be paying $85 plus per ticket for a pair of tickets in the lower bowl and have the people next to me every game be buying them for $40 or less outside the arena.

I still sit lower bowl every game I go to, but I too only pay half price now.

The Avs' system screws their season ticket holders. There is no longer any incentive to be one. They need to get with the times and adjust prices for every level of tickets in the building.

This isn't 2001 anymore, hell it's not even 2004. People aren't paying twice face outside anymore. People are paying half of face. Adjust ticket prices for the era we currently live in and fill the building.

Golden Foppa is offline   Reply With Quote