HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Is anyone else going nuts??

Closed Thread

Old
07-08-2004, 12:58 PM

vCash: 500
When you say "adding a piece of the puzzle" you make it sound as if you think I mean Kariya will make us a Cup team. Not the case at all.

I think that you're right about him being a sitting duck in a non-physical environment, but if we let a young team be non-physical and soft, then you might as well forget it. Just default the season, and trade away all your wussy prospects.

The Rangers team next year will be slow, awkward at best. The only thing they *can* bring to the game is a good, hard check. We have 1 player who's supposed to be able to score, but Jagr hasn't dominated in scoring in quite some time now.

I don't like Kariya for 30 goals a year. I like his speed, the way he sees the ice, and what he does with his opportunities. I think he at least gives us a chance to hold our heads up while we let younger guys come into the fold. He helps us in the PK department which is in sore need of work, and only makes the PP more reliable. I just think he's the kind of player that can turn L's into W's and at least help this team get to 30+ wins.

Old
07-08-2004, 01:18 PM
kazo

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1337
When you say "adding a piece of the puzzle" you make it sound as if you think I mean Kariya will make us a Cup team. Not the case at all.

I think that you're right about him being a sitting duck in a non-physical environment, but if we let a young team be non-physical and soft, then you might as well forget it. Just default the season, and trade away all your wussy prospects.

The Rangers team next year will be slow, awkward at best. The only thing they *can* bring to the game is a good, hard check. We have 1 player who's supposed to be able to score, but Jagr hasn't dominated in scoring in quite some time now.

I don't like Kariya for 30 goals a year. I like his speed, the way he sees the ice, and what he does with his opportunities. I think he at least gives us a chance to hold our heads up while we let younger guys come into the fold. He helps us in the PK department which is in sore need of work, and only makes the PP more reliable. I just think he's the kind of player that can turn L's into W's and at least help this team get to 30+ wins.
It's a moot point because, if you believe the organization, they are not going to do anything dramatic in terms of salary and player transactions that is going to disrupt this rebuilding process. That means no high profile names like Kariya or Selanne or whoever. And that's a good thing.

Old
07-08-2004, 01:43 PM
Firefly

Send a message via AIM to Firefly Send a message via Skype™ to Firefly
im going nuts because Park #2, Edge and SOTI are missing in action

Old
07-08-2004, 02:11 PM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazo
It's a moot point because, if you believe the organization, they are not going to do anything dramatic in terms of salary and player transactions that is going to disrupt this rebuilding process. That means no high profile names like Kariya or Selanne or whoever. And that's a good thing.
Thank god.

Old
07-08-2004, 02:36 PM

Too bad no high profile doesn't mean no high salary. Our "core" we're building on is diseased at best. Whether or not it can be cured is subject to debate, but I'm taking the "under" on it. Holik at half his paycheck is my idea of a great player. At current salary levels, he's a dud. Jagr at current salary is a great player. Poti at any salary is a dud.

Old
07-08-2004, 02:39 PM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1337
Too bad no high profile doesn't mean no high salary. Our "core" we're building on is diseased at best. Whether or not it can be cured is subject to debate, but I'm taking the "under" on it. Holik at half his paycheck is my idea of a great player. At current salary levels, he's a dud. Jagr at current salary is a great player. Poti at any salary is a dud.
See, I don't believe we are building around guys like Holik and Jagr. They just happen to be here for the time being. Once this team is ready to compete in 3-5 years, these guys will not be here anymore, and that includes Poti.

Closed Thread