HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Notices

Caps vs Jackets 3/31/2011 7:00 PM EST

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-01-2011, 02:29 AM
  #176
mrwarden
Nothing Witty
 
mrwarden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Austin, TX
Country: United States
Posts: 8,983
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitalsCup2012 View Post
Nice win.....Chimera haters gotta love that.
Aren't you the one constantly saying its ridiculous to call people haters for pointing out legitimate criticism? Yeah, you are.

Chimera had a good game. Great. Do it consistently and I won't want him scratched come playoff time. Otherwise, it's a goal in a meaningless game.

__________________
mrwarden is in ur threads, deleting ur posts
mrwarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2011, 08:23 AM
  #177
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor
 
CapitalsCupFantasy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 27,610
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwarden View Post
Aren't you the one constantly saying its ridiculous to call people haters for pointing out legitimate criticism? Yeah, you are.

Chimera had a good game. Great. Do it consistently and I won't want him scratched come playoff time. Otherwise, it's a goal in a meaningless game.
Nope....I use hater as a term all of the time. Not sure WTF you're on about...

I don't even have a clue who the "Chimera haters" are really....it was just a general observation because IMO the guy takes misdirected heat a lot of the time. But hey, way to out yourself counselor. It's kind of like busting Bradley's balls for earning $1 mil....it's misdirected.

People choose to sweat the guys making chump change only to let some higher priced players that we SHOULD expect more from, skate off untouched by criticism.

CapitalsCupFantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2011, 08:40 AM
  #178
strungout
Professional Killer
 
strungout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Maryland
Posts: 28,914
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitalsCup2012 View Post
Nope....I use hater as a term all of the time. Not sure WTF you're on about...

I don't even have a clue who the "Chimera haters" are really
....it was just a general observation because IMO the guy takes misdirected heat a lot of the time. But hey, way to out yourself counselor. It's kind of like busting Bradley's balls for earning $1 mil....it's misdirected.

People choose to sweat the guys making chump change only to let some higher priced players that we SHOULD expect more from, skate off untouched by criticism.
I believe his screen name is Langway.

strungout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2011, 11:05 AM
  #179
Langway
Moderator
Intangibles
 
Langway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 20,660
vCash: 500
I don't hate the player, just his decision-making and style of play quite often. He's been a mess in terms of controlling the play to his advantage for the most part. It's not rare to see Caps forwards not making sound decisions but he's often the worst culprit.

Good for him, though. They need to him to be a more consistent, smart, hungry depth contributor that does more than cancel icings. I'm sure they'll rotate things around a bit in the final few games but last night's lines seem like what they ought to go with in Game 1.

Langway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2011, 11:08 AM
  #180
EYEuhFRAYtee
Registered User
 
EYEuhFRAYtee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Country: United States
Posts: 2,476
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitalsCup2012 View Post

People choose to sweat the guys making chump change only to let some higher priced players that we SHOULD expect more from, skate off untouched by criticism.
There's only one high priced player on this team who usually escapes criticism.


And a bunch of "chump changers" add up in a cap world.

EYEuhFRAYtee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2011, 11:09 AM
  #181
mrwarden
Nothing Witty
 
mrwarden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Austin, TX
Country: United States
Posts: 8,983
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitalsCup2012 View Post
Nope....I use hater as a term all of the time. Not sure WTF you're on about...

I don't even have a clue who the "Chimera haters" are really....it was just a general observation because IMO the guy takes misdirected heat a lot of the time. But hey, way to out yourself counselor. It's kind of like busting Bradley's balls for earning $1 mil....it's misdirected.

People choose to sweat the guys making chump change only to let some higher priced players that we SHOULD expect more from, skate off untouched by criticism.
Out myself? As wanting to Chimera to earn a sweater? Yup. Guilty. My opinions on a player don't change on whether he has 1 good game. He was scratched the game before that, so apparently BB is seeing the same things.

mrwarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2011, 12:53 PM
  #182
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor
 
CapitalsCupFantasy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 27,610
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IafrateWasGod View Post
There's only one high priced player on this team who usually escapes criticism.


And a bunch of "chump changers" add up in a cap world.
Beacause we have a lot of those sitting around just collecting a paycheck right?

CapitalsCupFantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2011, 12:54 PM
  #183
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor
 
CapitalsCupFantasy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 27,610
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Langway View Post
I don't hate the player, just his decision-making and style of play quite often. He's been a mess in terms of controlling the play to his advantage for the most part. It's not rare to see Caps forwards not making sound decisions but he's often the worst culprit.

Good for him, though. They need to him to be a more consistent, smart, hungry depth contributor that does more than cancel icings. I'm sure they'll rotate things around a bit in the final few games but last night's lines seem like what they ought to go with in Game 1.
He makes some boneheaded plays....but certainly no more than 2-3 other Caps.

CapitalsCupFantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2011, 01:20 PM
  #184
Langway
Moderator
Intangibles
 
Langway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 20,660
vCash: 500
Worst plus/minus on the team, on the ice for more goals against than any other forward. That was his first non-ENG in about ten weeks. I'd overlook the dry stretch offensively if he were a better player defensively. Like I said, though, hopefully he's starting to round into form. They need a contributing third line. They need all lines capable of maintaining offensive momentum but he can be a big part in a functional third line if he's skating, playing physical and under control.


Last edited by Langway: 04-01-2011 at 01:26 PM.
Langway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2011, 01:31 PM
  #185
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?
 
NobodyBeatsTheWiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Old Town
Posts: 18,697
vCash: 500
Laich-Mojo-Fehr strikes me as a third line that could contribute quite nicely--assuming you're willing to break up Arnott and Laich.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2011, 01:37 PM
  #186
strungout
Professional Killer
 
strungout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Maryland
Posts: 28,914
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyBeatsTheWiz View Post
Laich-Mojo-Fehr strikes me as a third line that could contribute quite nicely--assuming you're willing to break up Arnott and Laich.
I still liked what I saw from Mojo with Ovie a few weeks back...and it really spreads out the matchups for other teams.

Ovie - Mojo - Knuble
Laich - Backstrom - Semin
Sturm - Arnott - Fehr
Hendricks - Gordon - Bradley

strungout is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:11 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.