HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

If there is an NHL season...

Closed Thread

Old
07-08-2004, 08:59 AM
Fletch

vCash: 500
If there is an NHL season...

what do y'all place as odds of Ovechkin suiting up for an NHL team? Dynamo wants $2 million for him. Of course there's talk about the Rangers acquiring Ovechkin because of this very fact, but, since the contract's over after this season, I woudn't doubt if Washington holds on to him and brings him over as a 20 year old.

Last edited by Fletch: 07-08-2004 at 09:11 AM.
Old
07-08-2004, 09:05 AM
kazo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch
what do y'all place as odds of Ovechkin suiting up for an NHL team? Dynamo wants $2 million per for him. Of course there's talk about the Rangers acquiring Ovechkin because of this very fact, but, since the contract's over after this season, I woudn't doubt if Washington holds on to him and brings him over as a 20 year old.
Personally, I'd love to see the NHL stop paying extorsion money to the Russians and tell them to enjoy their careers over there.

Old
07-08-2004, 09:09 AM
NYR469

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazo
Personally, I'd love to see the NHL stop paying extorsion money to the Russians and tell them to enjoy their careers over there.
stop paying?? when did they start?? prior to this year under the IIHF agreement the transfer fee would be like $250k...it isn't even funny how badly the european teams were getting ripped off

Old
07-08-2004, 09:11 AM
NYR469

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch
what do y'all place as odds of Ovechkin suiting up for an NHL team? Dynamo wants $2 million per for him. Of course there's talk about the Rangers acquiring Ovechkin because of this very fact, but, since the contract's over after this season, I woudn't doubt if Washington holds on to him and brings him over as a 20 year old.
the caps will leave him in russia for 1 year, it makes no sense to spend all that $$ when the odds are there won't be a full season...plus his contract is up at the end of the year so then they won't have to pay the transfer fee

Old
07-08-2004, 10:31 AM
LondonFan

$2million for a top talent really isn't a lot of money. Imagine if your favourite team kept losing its best young players for an absolute pittance! (my apologies to any Leeds fans here)

Old
07-08-2004, 01:07 PM
kazo

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR469
stop paying?? when did they start?? prior to this year under the IIHF agreement the transfer fee would be like $250k...it isn't even funny how badly the european teams were getting ripped off
What will the fee be going the other way if N/A players play in Russia next year?

Old
07-08-2004, 03:47 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazo
What will the fee be going the other way if N/A players play in Russia next year?
Russia doesn't hold a draft of NA players the way the NHL does. The only players who sign with Russia from North America are free agents.

Old
07-08-2004, 07:32 PM
donpaulo
Capt Barry Beck

caps ownership can easily afford the price, it will boil down to if they want to bring him over now and compete or wait. Since they have purged their roster and are into major rebuilding I don't think they HAVE to bring him over since they can quite likely ice a full team of other kids. But one is left asking why they wouldn't bring him over since he appears to be the real deal.
Pitt on the other hand doesn't have this problem with Malkin because of his age and that its best for him to stay in russia this upcoming season.

Old
07-08-2004, 10:49 PM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by donpaulo
caps ownership can easily afford the price, it will boil down to if they want to bring him over now and compete or wait. Since they have purged their roster and are into major rebuilding I don't think they HAVE to bring him over since they can quite likely ice a full team of other kids. But one is left asking why they wouldn't bring him over since he appears to be the real deal.
Pitt on the other hand doesn't have this problem with Malkin because of his age and that its best for him to stay in russia this upcoming season.
Is Malkin under contract in Russia right now? If so, has Russia placed a price tag on him yet?

Closed Thread