HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Hockey Fights
Hockey Fights Discuss and rate hockey fights and fighters of today and from the past. Videos welcome!

Rosehill vs Lucic

Old
03-31-2011, 09:03 PM
kilgro
Thank you Burke!

vCash: 500
such an entertaining fight and it got the place jacked up! gotta love hockey fights

kilgro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2011, 09:06 PM
Pavelec4MVP
MVP! MVP! MVP!

vCash: 50
giving it too rosehill
seemed to landed more worthy shots
especially the first
right on the button

Pavelec4MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2011, 09:07 PM
Brozak
i scoreded a goal

Edge Lucic, but what a hell of a fight. Can't believe the refs let them square off again. Lucic lookin' like Balrog.

Brozak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2011, 09:12 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Great fight. I lol'd at the boxing part, but other than that it was a great fight.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2011, 09:18 PM
straka91*

Solid. Loved the 2nd square off.

straka91* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2011, 09:31 PM
niroopg*

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabresfan129103 View Post
I hate when a player throws those little jabs with the hand that he is holding the jersey with. It seems like a cheap way to get in a hit.
I don't get it.

niroopg* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2011, 09:35 PM
LeafOfBread
van Dreamsdyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamFan81 View Post
for what, so that coward can fight with his visor on again...
Keep crying. Why should Phaneuf fight some scrub when his team needs him out on the ice in a crucial game? The only reason he even fought Horton last time is because Horton was being a little chihuahua trying to stir **** up the entire game and the Bruins lost the game anyways. In the end he got what he deserved too.

Lesson learned.

LeafOfBread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2011, 09:43 PM
Eytinge

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafOfBread View Post
Keep crying. Why should Phaneuf fight some scrub when his team needs him out on the ice in a crucial game? The only reason he even fought Horton last time is because Horton was being a little chihuahua trying to stir **** up the entire game and the Bruins lost the game anyways. In the end he got what he deserved too.

Lesson learned.
Horton is a scrub? Gotta love Leaf fans!

Eytinge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2011, 09:44 PM
gogoblackandgold

Quote:

Lesson learned.
LOL, it's ok. The Leafs won't make the playoffs...again.

gogoblackandgold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2011, 09:58 PM
Sigh
Snowflake

vCash: 1415
Quote:

Lesson learned.
Funny post. You act like Dion tuned him or something.

Sigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2011, 10:37 PM
LeafOfBread
van Dreamsdyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eytinge View Post
I was talking about McQuaid, learn some comprehension

Quote:
Originally Posted by gogoblackandgold View Post
Lol, typical Bruins fan. This is why you guys are starting to garner such a bad rep, because you go around acting like you run the NHL when in reality the fans are constantly ragging on their own team and are always complaining, yet they mask it by vehemently claiming Boston is a "Cup Contender".

Laugh at us all you want, but deep down you guys know yourself you won't go far seeing how the team's flaws are constantly torn apart on the Bruins board and many Bruins fans always giving all the credit to Thomas saying he is the only reason they have that good of a record. Besides, we've seen many times this season how teams with speed have dismantled the Bruins with that slow defense core...Leafs and Habs being prime examples with both teams having 4 wins each against the Bruins.

And then there's the retarded "USA, USA, USA!" chants, when both the Leafs and Habs have more Americans on their teams.

Last edited by LeafOfBread: 03-31-2011 at 10:48 PM.
Old
03-31-2011, 11:32 PM
Sensation

Edge to Lucic. Good scrap.

Sensation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2011, 11:33 PM
TheFinalWord

Quote:
Originally Posted by gogoblackandgold View Post
This was a really sad attempt at trolling. Weak.

TheFinalWord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2011, 11:42 PM
dubey
The Best (per IIHF)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fel 96 View Post
NESN feed.

Holy **** that left by Rosehill at the beginning

Didn't see that on the TSN feed. TSN was pretty much out to lunch during all of the scrums after the whistle.

dubey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2011, 12:03 AM
Hades

Seems like a draw to me. Freaking Lucic has some good balance. Came real close to falling but still managed to stay on his feet.

Hades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2011, 12:18 AM
Epoch

Good scrap. Going with draw.

Epoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2011, 12:26 AM
CamFan81
Derp

Quote:

Lesson learned.
all i see in that pic is someone that fought without a visor and a coward that kept it on

CamFan81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2011, 01:08 AM
RobertKron

Quote:

Lesson learned.
What lesson? Phaneuf ran away from Horton until the linesmen backed off and he couldn't get behind them anymore, retained his visor, and then went for the takedown and Horton hit his face on the ice. It's not like he actually landed a punch.

RobertKron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2011, 01:23 AM
VeddarRants
HEART AND SOUL

Quote:
all i see in that pic is someone that fought without a visor and a coward that kept it on
No kidding. That right Horton threw in the beginning would have knocked Phagoof out like he did Peckham, but the visor saved him. If there's a lesson to be learned by Horton, it's too knock off that helmet first, or insist the guy flip the lid first.

VeddarRants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2011, 01:44 AM
LeafOfBread
van Dreamsdyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by MW View Post
What lesson? Phaneuf ran away from Horton until the linesmen backed off and he couldn't get behind them anymore, retained his visor, and then went for the takedown and Horton hit his face on the ice. It's not like he actually landed a punch.
Do you have eyes? Phaneuf is the one who pushed the linesman out of the way because he had enough of Horton and decided to take him. Horton kept trying to unnecessarily start **** even though his team had no chance of winning the game and it was over before it even started.

Old
04-01-2011, 01:54 AM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 1100
Quote:
Do you have eyes? Phaneuf is the one who pushed the linesman out of the way because he had enough of Horton and decided to take him. Horton kept trying to unnecessarily start **** even though his team had no chance of winning the game and it was over before it even started.
I tend to agree with this. I don't remember 100% but didn't Horton basically bother Phaneuf to fight? I mean, why should he take off his visor? If someone was chasing me around the ice so they can throw a punch at my face for no reason, I wouldn't care if I had a full cage on. Horton wanted to fight in what I believe was the final minutes of the game, and phaneuf had no benefit to do so.

BTW, the lucic-rosehill fight was okay. Not sure why it got it's own video on TSN. Two strong guys going at it, no real haymakers or upercuts landed, close jabs and a few close calls IMO.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2011, 02:38 AM
Man Bear Pig

Quote:
Originally Posted by MW View Post
Normally I wouldn't care but maybe you should take a look at when Orr fought Lucic and Lucic ran behind the linesmen so they'd stop the fight. The whole Phaneuf/Horton thing was stupid, it was late in the game and the Leafs were killing the Bruins so why the hell would Dion drop em? I swear some people have no idea what they're even talking about. You need to put fights into context and given the situation It would've been incredibly stupid for Dion to fight.

Man Bear Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2011, 03:31 AM
GalacticaActual

Quote:
Earlier in the season Phaneuf fought Horton and both took their visors off. But youre just focusing on their most recent meeting. Calling Phaneuf a coward because of that incident is ludicrous. Most recent meeting between Phaneuf and Horton? Bad move by Phaneuf to not take his visor off, but I would not call it cowardly. I'd chalk it up to heat of the moment, game was over, Phaneuf incredulous that someone would be stupid enough to get our top defenseman goaded into a fight when the game was over and done, etc... But keep calling Phaneuf a coward.

Last edited by GalacticaActual: 04-01-2011 at 03:53 AM.
GalacticaActual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2011, 05:10 AM
BIitz
Kamo and I

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eytinge View Post
LOL nice reading comprehension

BIitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2011, 05:58 AM
The Magician

Really good scrap, that's the kind that knots your stomach with excitement, not the 'oh, player X has hit player Y, so players A + B will fight to teach.... someone.... a lesson? maybe' fights that often happen.

The Magician is offline   Reply With Quote