HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Call on a two-handed swing at somebody?

Old
04-01-2011, 03:12 AM
PJT

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to PJT
Call on a two-handed swing at somebody?

I was playing an inline hockey game tonight in my adult league. During the finals, a player on the other team took a two-handed baseball swing at one of our guys in front of the crease, messed his arm up for the rest of the game. They kind of got into it a bit because of it, and then my friend jumped into the mix to stick up for him.

My friend who jumped into the fight as the 3rd person got ejected, the guy who got swung at received a double minor for roughing and unsportsman-like conduct, and the guy who took the swing received the same.

I know USA Inline Hockey rules are a bit different, but I was wondering if anybody knew the exact calling on something like this? Shouldn't a swing like that warrant an ejection and even maybe suspension? I'm trying to find the exact ruling in the book so I can shove it in the refs/league owners face.

If anyone knows and can help, I'd appreciate it.

Last edited by PJT: 04-01-2011 at 03:19 AM.
PJT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2011, 03:15 AM
Dick Sledge
The Tactleneck

I'm not 100% sure but I took a baseball swing at the back of some kids leg when I was like 13 in a roller league at the old Romp n Roll and got a 5 min major, ejected from the game and a 1 game suspension.

Just to clarify so no one thinks I'm nuts. I was being targeted and was being elbowed by the same kid throughout the game and told him if he did it again I would kick his ass. Plus, come on, I was like 13. lol

Dick Sledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2011, 03:35 AM
AugustBurnsRed*
Invisible Calls

I gave a solid 2 hand slash to a kid during road hockey tournament a few years ago. Good times, got owned that game.

AugustBurnsRed* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2011, 10:01 AM
KiuasWarrior

I dont know what the appropriate call is for that... but I do play in a dek hockey league in the PGH area and something like that would warrant a 2:30min penalty and an ejection from the game... possibly a 3 game suspension, if it was very obvious that the intent was there.

KiuasWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2011, 01:18 PM
Tido450

I had a guy two hand me across the back of my helmet at ice castle and he only recieved 2 mins, you cannot really expect justice at local adult league games.

Tido450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2011, 01:33 PM
Dan Barr

Two-handers like that have no place in any kind of hockey, especially non-competitive no-contact beer league type hockey.

Dan Barr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 08:35 AM
Crosbyfan

Isn't it a subjective call anyway?

There's "two handers" and "TWO HANDERS" and everything in between.

At some point the ref calls it a major, depending on how he saw it, and what he ate for breakfast that morning.

Crosbyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 08:47 AM
vikingGoalie

if the refs are on the ball they should call it an attempt to injure.
In the leagues I play that results in anywhere from 5 game suspension to life.

Thing is in adult leagues the bigger issue is when refs "let 'em play" and things escalate until something like this happens. Not saying necessarily the case here, but usually when things get out of hand it's because there were a series of callable penalites that weren't along the way.

End of the day though, we all have work/school the next day. This kind of thing has no place in any kind of hockey let alone a rec league.

vikingGoalie is offline   Reply With Quote