HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

50-1 Odds the Cup Lands in Nashville

Old
04-05-2011, 11:59 AM
salty justice

vCash: 500
50-1 Odds the Cup Lands in Nashville

I just got back from Vegas and I couldn't believe that the current odds on you guys to win the Cup are 50to1!

With a solid line up from top to bottom and elite goaltending I feel like your odds are a lot closer to 10 to 1 at worst, 5 to 1 at best. Meaning I think you guys are a top 5 NHL team, certainly a team capable of winning it all.

Needless to say I put down $40 on you guys with a payoff of $2000! If somehow you make it to the Cup I will make it to Nashville to cheer on with you. I don't expect the Hawks to go far and I have been secretly rooting for you guys to succeed after attending this year's opening game and having a great time.

Best of luck this year!

salty justice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 12:21 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

odds are set by how many people put money one way or the other. Nashville being a smaller market team that has never made it out of the first round would keep most betting away from the Preds.

triggrman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 01:06 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

If John Cougar Mellencamp ever wins an Oscar....

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 01:19 PM
salty justice

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
odds are set by how many people put money one way or the other. Nashville being a smaller market team that has never made it out of the first round would keep most betting away from the Preds.
I'm aware of this, hence, why it's such a great bet if you happen to make it to Vegas anytime soon!

Old
04-05-2011, 02:38 PM
zellthemedic

A Hawk fan from LA rooting for the Preds.

I have seen it all.

zellthemedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 05:26 PM
Drake744
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by zellthemedic View Post
A Hawk fan from LA rooting for the Preds.

I have seen it all.
Won't be much different than this Preds fan in LA rooting for the Hawks since they could knock out a big time team.

Drake744 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 07:00 PM
salty justice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake744 View Post
Won't be much different than this Preds fan in LA rooting for the Hawks since they could knock out a big time team.
The 1st round is pretty much the Hawks Stanley Cup. They'll have a shot to knock out Vancouver, SJ, or Detroit. They might pull it off, but it'll take all the gas in the tank if they do.

I can't in good conscience root for the Preds over Chicago or LA, but I currently believe/predict these teams won't see eachother in the post season and the Preds will go the farthest of the three.

Old
04-05-2011, 07:23 PM
Drake744
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by salty justice View Post

I can't in good conscience root for the Preds over Chicago or LA, but I currently believe/predict these teams won't see eachother in the post season and the Preds will go the farthest of the three.
I'm from Nashville and am a die-hard Pred no matter what, but since I've grown accustomed to the area I kinda like the Kings, but this time of year it's no-holds-barred for your own team as you know. I wish the Kings success, and I've been to two games at Staples in the last month, but at the same time I want the Preds to play LA so I can maybe go to a game, although I'm going to Nashville in two weeks and will likely catch a game or two there no matter the opponent.

Where in LA are you at? You can answer in a PM if you want, just curious. Lot of hockey fans here I've found.

Drake744 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2011, 01:15 AM
SK74 Snipes

Hell yeah! Lets hope we prove you right!

SK74 Snipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2011, 11:23 AM
salty justice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake744 View Post
I'm from Nashville and am a die-hard Pred no matter what, but since I've grown accustomed to the area I kinda like the Kings, but this time of year it's no-holds-barred for your own team as you know. I wish the Kings success, and I've been to two games at Staples in the last month, but at the same time I want the Preds to play LA so I can maybe go to a game, although I'm going to Nashville in two weeks and will likely catch a game or two there no matter the opponent.

Where in LA are you at? You can answer in a PM if you want, just curious. Lot of hockey fans here I've found.
I live in the South Bay. I personally know a good number of hockey fans in the area and am starting to meet some of the online Kings fans as well. Me and my friends hosted a Kings watch party last week at Bogey's Sports Bar in Redondo and had a decent turnout of about 20 people.

Hockey in LA still has a long ways to go. I had much more fun at Nashville's opening game this year than any of the 10 or so Kings games I've been to this season. When the Kings left the Forum they left a lot of their fun chants behind so games at Staples aren't nearly as fun.

Old
04-06-2011, 06:34 PM
KillerKampfer*

Its a good bet. Id put another 20 on them to get to the SCF incase they lose there.

I love how the Preds matchup against the top 3 teams in the West. If they can get a 4-5 matchup with Phoenix to build some momentum I definitely see a likely finals appearance and in it anything can happen. Rinne can steal a series and the teams forwards are all playoff type players.

KillerKampfer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2011, 09:49 PM
salty justice

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerKampfer View Post
Its a good bet. Id put another 20 on them to get to the SCF incase they lose there.

I love how the Preds matchup against the top 3 teams in the West. If they can get a 4-5 matchup with Phoenix to build some momentum I definitely see a likely finals appearance and in it anything can happen. Rinne can steal a series and the teams forwards are all playoff type players.
I thought and did that exact thing. 25-1

Old
04-07-2011, 09:51 PM
irisheyes555

so you are saying that vegas sez we have a chance?

irisheyes555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2011, 05:49 PM
WestEndPred

Man, those are some crappy odds. Let's prove them wrong!

WestEndPred is offline   Reply With Quote