HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

50-1 Odds the Cup Lands in Nashville

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-05-2011, 11:59 AM
  #1
salty justice
Registered User
 
salty justice's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Country: Albania
Posts: 7,164
vCash: 500
50-1 Odds the Cup Lands in Nashville

I just got back from Vegas and I couldn't believe that the current odds on you guys to win the Cup are 50to1!

With a solid line up from top to bottom and elite goaltending I feel like your odds are a lot closer to 10 to 1 at worst, 5 to 1 at best. Meaning I think you guys are a top 5 NHL team, certainly a team capable of winning it all.

Needless to say I put down $40 on you guys with a payoff of $2000! If somehow you make it to the Cup I will make it to Nashville to cheer on with you. I don't expect the Hawks to go far and I have been secretly rooting for you guys to succeed after attending this year's opening game and having a great time.

Best of luck this year!

salty justice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 12:21 PM
  #2
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor
 
triggrman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 17,728
vCash: 500
odds are set by how many people put money one way or the other. Nashville being a smaller market team that has never made it out of the first round would keep most betting away from the Preds.

triggrman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 01:06 PM
  #3
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese
 
PredsV82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Outside
Country: Scotland
Posts: 13,791
vCash: 500
If John Cougar Mellencamp ever wins an Oscar....

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 01:19 PM
  #4
salty justice
Registered User
 
salty justice's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Country: Albania
Posts: 7,164
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
odds are set by how many people put money one way or the other. Nashville being a smaller market team that has never made it out of the first round would keep most betting away from the Preds.
I'm aware of this, hence, why it's such a great bet if you happen to make it to Vegas anytime soon!

salty justice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 02:38 PM
  #5
zellthemedic
Registered User
 
zellthemedic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Virginia Beach, VA
Country: United States
Posts: 296
vCash: 500
A Hawk fan from LA rooting for the Preds.

I have seen it all.

zellthemedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 05:26 PM
  #6
Drake744
Unregistered User
 
Drake744's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Nashville
Posts: 2,581
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zellthemedic View Post
A Hawk fan from LA rooting for the Preds.

I have seen it all.
Won't be much different than this Preds fan in LA rooting for the Hawks since they could knock out a big time team.

Drake744 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 07:00 PM
  #7
salty justice
Registered User
 
salty justice's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Country: Albania
Posts: 7,164
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake744 View Post
Won't be much different than this Preds fan in LA rooting for the Hawks since they could knock out a big time team.
The 1st round is pretty much the Hawks Stanley Cup. They'll have a shot to knock out Vancouver, SJ, or Detroit. They might pull it off, but it'll take all the gas in the tank if they do.

I can't in good conscience root for the Preds over Chicago or LA, but I currently believe/predict these teams won't see eachother in the post season and the Preds will go the farthest of the three.

salty justice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 07:23 PM
  #8
Drake744
Unregistered User
 
Drake744's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Nashville
Posts: 2,581
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by salty justice View Post

I can't in good conscience root for the Preds over Chicago or LA, but I currently believe/predict these teams won't see eachother in the post season and the Preds will go the farthest of the three.
I'm from Nashville and am a die-hard Pred no matter what, but since I've grown accustomed to the area I kinda like the Kings, but this time of year it's no-holds-barred for your own team as you know. I wish the Kings success, and I've been to two games at Staples in the last month, but at the same time I want the Preds to play LA so I can maybe go to a game, although I'm going to Nashville in two weeks and will likely catch a game or two there no matter the opponent.

Where in LA are you at? You can answer in a PM if you want, just curious. Lot of hockey fans here I've found.

Drake744 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2011, 01:15 AM
  #9
SK74 Snipes
Registered User
 
SK74 Snipes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Franklin,TN
Country: United States
Posts: 405
vCash: 500
Hell yeah! Lets hope we prove you right!

SK74 Snipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2011, 11:23 AM
  #10
salty justice
Registered User
 
salty justice's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Country: Albania
Posts: 7,164
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake744 View Post
I'm from Nashville and am a die-hard Pred no matter what, but since I've grown accustomed to the area I kinda like the Kings, but this time of year it's no-holds-barred for your own team as you know. I wish the Kings success, and I've been to two games at Staples in the last month, but at the same time I want the Preds to play LA so I can maybe go to a game, although I'm going to Nashville in two weeks and will likely catch a game or two there no matter the opponent.

Where in LA are you at? You can answer in a PM if you want, just curious. Lot of hockey fans here I've found.
I live in the South Bay. I personally know a good number of hockey fans in the area and am starting to meet some of the online Kings fans as well. Me and my friends hosted a Kings watch party last week at Bogey's Sports Bar in Redondo and had a decent turnout of about 20 people.

Hockey in LA still has a long ways to go. I had much more fun at Nashville's opening game this year than any of the 10 or so Kings games I've been to this season. When the Kings left the Forum they left a lot of their fun chants behind so games at Staples aren't nearly as fun.

salty justice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2011, 06:34 PM
  #11
KillerKampfer*
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lake Titicaca
Posts: 2,650
vCash: 500
Its a good bet. Id put another 20 on them to get to the SCF incase they lose there.

I love how the Preds matchup against the top 3 teams in the West. If they can get a 4-5 matchup with Phoenix to build some momentum I definitely see a likely finals appearance and in it anything can happen. Rinne can steal a series and the teams forwards are all playoff type players.

KillerKampfer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2011, 09:49 PM
  #12
salty justice
Registered User
 
salty justice's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Country: Albania
Posts: 7,164
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerKampfer View Post
Its a good bet. Id put another 20 on them to get to the SCF incase they lose there.

I love how the Preds matchup against the top 3 teams in the West. If they can get a 4-5 matchup with Phoenix to build some momentum I definitely see a likely finals appearance and in it anything can happen. Rinne can steal a series and the teams forwards are all playoff type players.
I thought and did that exact thing. 25-1

salty justice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2011, 09:51 PM
  #13
irisheyes555
Registered User
 
irisheyes555's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: State of confusion
Country: Ireland
Posts: 895
vCash: 500
so you are saying that vegas sez we have a chance?


irisheyes555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2011, 05:49 PM
  #14
WestEndPred
Registered User
 
WestEndPred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 27
vCash: 500
Man, those are some crappy odds. Let's prove them wrong!

WestEndPred is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:03 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.