HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Time for Management to use their ****#&* brains and call up Lane MacDermid.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-31-2011, 08:06 PM
  #1
Colt.45Orr
Registered User
 
Colt.45Orr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,144
vCash: 500
Time for Management to use their ****#&* brains and call up Lane MacDermid.

1) Thornton won't be able to scrap anytime soon. 40 stitches + internal stitches means he is massive risk to get those torn open in any fight.

2) Lucic and Chara *will* fight other heavyweight plugs if they feel they need to.

3) The LAST thing we need -with a handful of games before the playoffs- is either of those guys fighting and hurting a hand. Same goes for MacQuaid. Chara broke his hand fighting Eric Cairns a few years back (before the playoffs) and his finger is buggered, but he WILL fight if he feels he needs to be the one to respond to an incident. With no HW in the line-up, he may feel he needs to be that guy. Both he and Lucic are very passionate guys that respond emotionally --so while we can sit here behind our computers/i-phones etc and say it is stupid to fight a 4th line plug, it will happen again if they feel they need to answer the call.

4) 4 of our remaining 5 games are against NON-PLAYOFF teams. They have nothing to lose if the game goes south. They are full of guys looking to prove themselves. Of course Rosehill was looking for a fight. Congrats to him for getting a 1st-liner to go with him. He would have fought MacDermid instead if Lane had been dressed.

5) Claude was more than happy to insert his boy Ryder back into the line-up, I'm sure. MacDermid plays LW I believe, so Claude could keep Ryder on RW. Or, call up Valabik and dress 7 Dmen --we need to keep Chara's minutes down anyway.

6) Every once in a while Claude just seems oblivious to the consequences of his line-up. Who knew that a game with Phaneuf, Schenn, Komisarek, Rosehill would get chippy? Apparently, not Julien. Those guys are all 220pds + so Campbell is not proper response. Our next two biggest fighters are our #1 D, our #1LW and our #1 RW. Really brilliant to expose those guys this late in the season.

I'm disappointed that they would leave our guys without a heavyweight 4th-liner in this game. It is on managements head if anything happens.

Colt.45Orr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2011, 08:11 PM
  #2
FutureConsiderations
Registered User
 
FutureConsiderations's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Brookline, MA
Country: Ireland
Posts: 20,449
vCash: 500
Two things:

1. Valabik's done for the year. MacDermid would be the only really viable option from Providence.


2. Sheriff. Shane. Hnidy. I've to got to imagine that Hnidy's return to Boston will give the team that added bit of snarl that it lost from having Thornton go down. Is he a good fighter? Eh. He's a good middleweight who isn't afraid to grab a heavy if the situation calls for it.

FutureConsiderations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2011, 08:45 PM
  #3
Waltah*
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Upstate NY
Country: United States
Posts: 12,030
vCash: 500
Thornton will still throw em' down regardless. mark my words.

Waltah* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2011, 09:02 PM
  #4
WBC8
Registered User
 
WBC8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Game time, baby
Country: United States
Posts: 38,780
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Posted the same thing on the GDT...Stupid. Chara and Lucic aren't going to back down...it's not in their blood...

Cant wait until that Islander game...Gilles, Haley, Martin....Hopefully somebody wakes up in the front office...Jeez, 30 goal scorer fighting a 4 min a night guy...

WBC8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2011, 09:12 PM
  #5
Colt.45Orr
Registered User
 
Colt.45Orr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,144
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8 View Post
Posted the same thing on the GDT...Stupid. Chara and Lucic aren't going to back down...it's not in their blood...

Cant wait until that Islander game...Gilles, Haley, Martin....Hopefully somebody wakes up in the front office...Jeez, 30 goal scorer fighting a 4 min a night guy...
The Isles had 4 fights tonight actually (in the 3rd).

Colt.45Orr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2011, 09:13 PM
  #6
Fire Julien
Registered User
 
Fire Julien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bergen
Country: Norway
Posts: 20,303
vCash: 500
Gillies scored a goal tonight.

Fire Julien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2011, 09:19 PM
  #7
WBC8
Registered User
 
WBC8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Game time, baby
Country: United States
Posts: 38,780
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Well it's only taken 75 games of so for me to be able to say it but.....too bad we didn't have McGrattan still.....

WBC8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2011, 09:21 PM
  #8
Serpico4ever
Registered User
 
Serpico4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Brighton, MA
Posts: 1,287
vCash: 500
McQuaid's physicality and ability to bang with heavyweights is part of why he's playing in the NHL. I'm a big McQuaid fan and think he's more than a fighter, but it is on his resume so he should be the guy that takes over for Thornton, and I doubt he'd mind that. I wouldn't mind seeing Macdermid come up for a few games, but I don't think that Claude would play him with Ryder and Paille just sitting there.

Serpico4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2011, 09:29 PM
  #9
GloryDaze4877
Stone Clode 3:17
 
GloryDaze4877's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: The Sticks (West MA)
Country: United States
Posts: 24,875
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpico4ever View Post
McQuaid's physicality and ability to bang with heavyweights is part of why he's playing in the NHL. I'm a big McQuaid fan and think he's more than a fighter, but it is on his resume so he should be the guy that takes over for Thornton, and I doubt he'd mind that. I wouldn't mind seeing Macdermid come up for a few games, but I don't think that Claude would play him with Ryder and Paille just sitting there.
I think that McQuaid may be banged up a bit, because he does not seem quite as willing to go of late as he normally is? I would definitely call MacDermid up for a couple of games.

Ryder was god-awful again tonight and has no business being on the ice with the effort he is putting forth. I can appreciate Julien playing him on his birthday I suppose, but he was to blame for the tying goal.

One of the d-men gave him an easy pass up the boards and then they went off for a change. Instead of getting it deep, Ryder mishandles it and coughs it up in the NZ, allowing TOR to make a quick re-entry into the zone. Luckily Sides, deflects the shot into the stands, but it leads to a faceoff in the B's end...a few seconds later, tying goal.

And then using that stiff in the SO!!?? Peverly I could see as he had a good game, but Ryder? As soon as I saw him line up for the attempt, I said to myself...Game Over, TOR win.

GloryDaze4877 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2011, 09:33 PM
  #10
Central Scrutinizer
Lord of Song
 
Central Scrutinizer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,720
vCash: 500
Why not give Lane a taste of the big league? The Bruins will finish in 3rd, They are healthy. now is the time to rest some players,they earned the chance to rest players so take advantage of it.

Central Scrutinizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2011, 09:38 PM
  #11
Serpico4ever
Registered User
 
Serpico4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Brighton, MA
Posts: 1,287
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryDaze4877 View Post
I think that McQuaid may be banged up a bit, because he does not seem quite as willing to go of late as he normally is? I would definitely call MacDermid up for a couple of games.

Ryder was god-awful again tonight and has no business being on the ice with the effort he is putting forth. I can appreciate Julien playing him on his birthday I suppose, but he was to blame for the tying goal.

One of the d-men gave him an easy pass up the boards and then they went off for a change. Instead of getting it deep, Ryder mishandles it and coughs it up in the NZ, allowing TOR to make a quick re-entry into the zone. Luckily Sides, deflects the shot into the stands, but it leads to a faceoff in the B's end...a few seconds later, tying goal.

And then using that stiff in the SO!!?? Peverly I could see as he had a good game, but Ryder? As soon as I saw him line up for the attempt, I said to myself...Game Over, TOR win.
Never crossed my mind about McQuaid maybe having an injury, you could be right.

The Ryder thing was ridiculous. There's some strange bond going on there between him and CJ.

Ryder's a lazy ******* more often than not, but I'm fine with him playing since he shows up in the playoffs and you don't want the guy out of shape or rusty or whatever... but yeah, I'd love to see Macdermid up for a stint. I liked watching him play in Providence last year.

Serpico4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2011, 09:45 PM
  #12
GloryDaze4877
Stone Clode 3:17
 
GloryDaze4877's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: The Sticks (West MA)
Country: United States
Posts: 24,875
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpico4ever View Post
Never crossed my mind about McQuaid maybe having an injury, you could be right.

The Ryder thing was ridiculous. There's some strange bond going on there between him and CJ.

Ryder's a lazy ******* more often than not, but I'm fine with him playing since he shows up in the playoffs and you don't want the guy out of shape or rusty or whatever... but yeah, I'd love to see Macdermid up for a stint. I liked watching him play in Providence last year.
I think that LoneWolf (the poster) said that he had been nursing something recently. Not sure if that is accurate or what it is, but with as much attention as she pays to Quaider, she would be the one that would know

GloryDaze4877 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2011, 09:47 PM
  #13
HockeyKrishna43
Registered User
 
HockeyKrishna43's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 1,452
vCash: 500
Adding Lane McDermid will not improve the outcome of any game between now and the end of the season, by fighting or actual hockey playing. Anyone he replaces would be a superior hockey player, and since he would almost never play his fights would be the sort of staged goonery that doesn't make a difference in a game.

And if somebody challenges Chara or Lucic, or Lucic or Chara decide somebody needs their faces punched in, having McDermid on the bench is going to make no difference in whether or not those fights happen. If somebody isn't scared of Chara or Lucic, they won't be scared of Lane McDermid's carcass sitting on the pine.

And we know McDermid is not going to be playing on a line with Lucic, or anywhere near the amount of time Chara plays in a game, so the chance he will be on the ice and step in for either of them, even if that situation (which I can't remember seeing) presented itself, and they allowed him to, is incredibly remote.

I know you love fighters and want as many on the team as possible, but this is a pretty weak rationale for calling one up.

HockeyKrishna43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2011, 09:51 PM
  #14
misterjaggers
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: The Duke City
Country: United States
Posts: 14,273
vCash: 500
Somebody said Hnidy would see action in the next game. So, maybe he'll step up on the fisticuffs.

I'd like to see Sauve called up. Or, Caron.

misterjaggers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2011, 09:57 PM
  #15
GloryDaze4877
Stone Clode 3:17
 
GloryDaze4877's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: The Sticks (West MA)
Country: United States
Posts: 24,875
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyKrishna43 View Post
Adding Lane McDermid will not improve the outcome of any game between now and the end of the season, by fighting or actual hockey playing. Anyone he replaces would be a superior hockey player, and since he would almost never play his fights would be the sort of staged goonery that doesn't make a difference in a game.

And if somebody challenges Chara or Lucic, or Lucic or Chara decide somebody needs their faces punched in, having McDermid on the bench is going to make no difference in whether or not those fights happen. If somebody isn't scared of Chara or Lucic, they won't be scared of Lane McDermid's carcass sitting on the pine.

And we know McDermid is not going to be playing on a line with Lucic, or anywhere near the amount of time Chara plays in a game, so the chance he will be on the ice and step in for either of them, even if that situation (which I can't remember seeing) presented itself, and they allowed him to, is incredibly remote.

I know you love fighters and want as many on the team as possible, but this is a pretty weak rationale for calling one up.
I think you are totally missing the OP's point? He's not saying that MacDermid is a superior player to anybody on the B's roster, just that we don't want/need Lucic or Chara fighting the Rosehill's of the world. That's Thornton's job, and with him unable to fight or play right now, his skillset is the one that needs to be replaced, and MacDermid best fits that need regardless of his talent level.

GloryDaze4877 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2011, 10:02 PM
  #16
Colt.45Orr
Registered User
 
Colt.45Orr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,144
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyKrishna43 View Post
Adding Lane McDermid will not improve the outcome of any game between now and the end of the season, by fighting or actual hockey playing. Anyone he replaces would be a superior hockey player, and since he would almost never play his fights would be the sort of staged goonery that doesn't make a difference in a game.

And if somebody challenges Chara or Lucic, or Lucic or Chara decide somebody needs their faces punched in, having McDermid on the bench is going to make no difference in whether or not those fights happen. If somebody isn't scared of Chara or Lucic, they won't be scared of Lane McDermid's carcass sitting on the pine.

And we know McDermid is not going to be playing on a line with Lucic, or anywhere near the amount of time Chara plays in a game, so the chance he will be on the ice and step in for either of them, even if that situation (which I can't remember seeing) presented itself, and they allowed him to, is incredibly remote.

I know you love fighters and want as many on the team as possible, but this is a pretty weak rationale for calling one up.
You missed the point entirely. Maybe try reading it again and if it still doesn't make sense then I need to re-word what I am saying (or you need to read it a 3rd time ).

We agree that having MacDermid on the bench isn't going to stop a Rosehill type from wanting to fight. MacDermid isn't going to scare him -or other 4th line plugs- in the least.

But these guys are on non-playoff teams, fighting, LITERALLY, for jobs next year.

They have nothing to lose. Rosehill wasn't going to get many minutes at all tonight and he knew that. He wanted to make an impact in the few minutes he did have, so a 4th liner like him is going to be looking for a fight. If MacDermid had been around to give him a scrap any time he wanted, then he wouldn't have tried to fight the only guy in his weight-class....ie Lucic.

Colt.45Orr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2011, 10:11 PM
  #17
HockeyKrishna43
Registered User
 
HockeyKrishna43's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 1,452
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt.45Orr View Post
You missed the point entirely. Maybe try reading it again and if it still doesn't make sense then I need to re-word what I am saying (or you need to read it a 3rd time ).

We agree that having MacDermid on the bench isn't going to stop a Rosehill type from wanting to fight. MacDermid isn't going to scare him -or other 4th line plugs- in the least.

But these guys are on non-playoff teams, fighting, LITERALLY, for jobs next year.

They have nothing to lose. Rosehill wasn't going to get many minutes at all tonight and he knew that. He wanted to make an impact in the few minutes he did have, so a 4th liner like him is going to be looking for a fight. If MacDermid had been around to give him a scrap any time he wanted, then he wouldn't have tried to fight the only guy in his weight-class....ie Lucic.
Rosehill would still want to fight Lucic or Chara.

Why? Because:

1. Lucic and Chara would be on the ice for 10x the minutes of McDermid, so it's much more likely they'd be on the ice at the same time as Rosehill. You have to jockey lines and fool around to get Rosehill on ice with McDermid, since they both play so little. Just not worth bothering with if you're a reasonable coach.

2. Lucic and Chara are top players, the type a goon like Rosehill would prefer to take off the ice with him.

3. Nobody cares if you beat up Lane McDermid. Or lose to him. For all you know, the game you fight Lane McDermid in could be the only NHL game of his career. Even Lane McDermid doesn't care, he just wants something to do. Possibly his mom cares who wins. But just staying in a fight with Chara or Lucic helps build your rep. It's a start, not just another AHL bought.

HockeyKrishna43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2011, 10:19 PM
  #18
Sigh
Blidh for me
 
Sigh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Somewhere cold
Posts: 2,704
vCash: 339
I'd like to see what he can bring too. The little I managed to see of him in the pre-season impressed me, relatively speaking or course.

Sigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2011, 10:19 PM
  #19
NastyNate17
Registered User
 
NastyNate17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Fort Sam Houston
Country: United States
Posts: 2,232
vCash: 500
I just hope he is healed up before he does

NastyNate17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2011, 10:25 PM
  #20
Boston
Captain Chara
 
Boston's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,223
vCash: 500
I love fighting and I think it is a big part of this team..however..I would have no problem if Julien asked these two not to fight for the rest of the regular season. For those that think "it isn't in their blood"..remember Chara under Lewis? I obviously want them to be physical but asking them not to fight is far easier and more beneficial than bringing up Lane. Who is going to sit? Ryder has been bad lately, but personally I would rather have him in the line-up so he has a chance to get his game going before the playoffs.

Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2011, 10:25 PM
  #21
Colt.45Orr
Registered User
 
Colt.45Orr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,144
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyKrishna43 View Post
Rosehill would still want to fight Lucic or Chara.

Why? Because:

1. Lucic and Chara would be on the ice for 10x the minutes of McDermid, so it's much more likely they'd be on the ice at the same time as Rosehill. You have to jockey lines and fool around to get Rosehill on ice with McDermid, since they both play so little. Just not worth bothering with if you're a reasonable coach.

2. Lucic and Chara are top players, the type a goon like Rosehill would prefer to take off the ice with him.

3. Nobody cares if you beat up Lane McDermid. Or lose to him. For all you know, the game you fight Lane McDermid in could be the only NHL game of his career. Even Lane McDermid doesn't care, he just wants something to do. Possibly his mom cares who wins. But just staying in a fight with Chara or Lucic helps build your rep. It's a start, not just another AHL bought.
*sigh* Obviously Rosehill (or any other 4th liner) would prefer to run around and fight a #1 D or #1LWer.... and when there is no answer to that then that might happen.

When there is another 4th line HW our there then you have to go through him first.


IF THORNTON WAS NOT DRESSED IN THIS GAME (in December) SOMEONE ELSE (Lucic? Chara?) WOULD HAVE HAD TO STEP UP AND FIGHT HIM.

If Lucic knows that we called up a kid named Lane who was looking to fight, I am 99% sure that Lucic wouldn't have been goaded into that fight and told Rosehill to try the kid out instead.

Colt.45Orr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2011, 10:32 PM
  #22
Rookie Chargers
Registered User
 
Rookie Chargers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Quebec
Country: Azores
Posts: 7,751
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Rookie Chargers
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryDaze4877 View Post
I think that McQuaid may be banged up a bit, because he does not seem quite as willing to go of late as he normally is? I would definitely call MacDermid up for a couple of games.

Ryder was god-awful again tonight and has no business being on the ice with the effort he is putting forth. I can appreciate Julien playing him on his birthday I suppose, but he was to blame for the tying goal.

One of the d-men gave him an easy pass up the boards and then they went off for a change. Instead of getting it deep, Ryder mishandles it and coughs it up in the NZ, allowing TOR to make a quick re-entry into the zone. Luckily Sides, deflects the shot into the stands, but it leads to a faceoff in the B's end...a few seconds later, tying goal.

And then using that stiff in the SO!!?? Peverly I could see as he had a good game, but Ryder? As soon as I saw him line up for the attempt, I said to myself...Game Over, TOR win.
Tell me next time you are betting a brownie on it.

Rookie Chargers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2011, 10:36 PM
  #23
HockeyKrishna43
Registered User
 
HockeyKrishna43's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 1,452
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt.45Orr View Post
*sigh* Obviously Rosehill (or any other 4th liner) would prefer to run around and fight a #1 D or #1LWer.... and when there is no answer to that then that might happen.

When there is another 4th line HW our there then you have to go through him first.


IF THORNTON WAS NOT DRESSED IN THIS GAME (in December) SOMEONE ELSE (Lucic? Chara?) WOULD HAVE HAD TO STEP UP AND FIGHT HIM.

If Lucic knows that we called up a kid named Lane who was looking to fight, I am 99% sure that Lucic wouldn't have been goaded into that fight and told Rosehill to try the kid out instead.
You know what a better, simpler solution is?

Tell Lucic and Chara that there are 5 games left in the year before the playoffs and we've pretty much clinched our spot. If some nitwit goon asks you to go just tell him to get lost. If somebody is taking liberties with you in front of the net or in a corner and you're at the end of your patience, do what you've got to. But don't bust your hand or your orbital bone so some 4 min a night guy can get in the box score for once. And this way you don't have to sit Paille, or Ryder, or Seguin, all of whom might be needed in the playoffs, to dress a guy who will never show up in the box score.

HockeyKrishna43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2011, 03:35 AM
  #24
Alberta_OReilly_Fan
Bruin fan since 1975
 
Alberta_OReilly_Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Edmonton Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,471
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt.45Orr View Post
1) Thornton won't be able to scrap anytime soon. 40 stitches + internal stitches means he is massive risk to get those torn open in any fight.

2) Lucic and Chara *will* fight other heavyweight plugs if they feel they need to.

3) The LAST thing we need -with a handful of games before the playoffs- is either of those guys fighting and hurting a hand. Same goes for MacQuaid. Chara broke his hand fighting Eric Cairns a few years back (before the playoffs) and his finger is buggered, but he WILL fight if he feels he needs to be the one to respond to an incident. With no HW in the line-up, he may feel he needs to be that guy. Both he and Lucic are very passionate guys that respond emotionally --so while we can sit here behind our computers/i-phones etc and say it is stupid to fight a 4th line plug, it will happen again if they feel they need to answer the call.

4) 4 of our remaining 5 games are against NON-PLAYOFF teams. They have nothing to lose if the game goes south. They are full of guys looking to prove themselves. Of course Rosehill was looking for a fight. Congrats to him for getting a 1st-liner to go with him. He would have fought MacDermid instead if Lane had been dressed.

5) Claude was more than happy to insert his boy Ryder back into the line-up, I'm sure. MacDermid plays LW I believe, so Claude could keep Ryder on RW. Or, call up Valabik and dress 7 Dmen --we need to keep Chara's minutes down anyway.

6) Every once in a while Claude just seems oblivious to the consequences of his line-up. Who knew that a game with Phaneuf, Schenn, Komisarek, Rosehill would get chippy? Apparently, not Julien. Those guys are all 220pds + so Campbell is not proper response. Our next two biggest fighters are our #1 D, our #1LW and our #1 RW. Really brilliant to expose those guys this late in the season.

I'm disappointed that they would leave our guys without a heavyweight 4th-liner in this game. It is on managements head if anything happens.


show me a game we get run and i might agree with you... fighting is super overrated as importance to actual winning/losing games. but it is very important to team chemistry/courage

if lucic/chara fight... they create room and respect for themselves. they need to fight some in order to be the players we want them to be. if they never fight they lose what makes them special.

we are now quite firmly in 3rd spot for playoffs... not likely to get better... not likely at all to get worst. we shouldnt be worried if someone punches someone else in the face, but rather we should be focused on getting our pp revved up. if some other team wants to have their idiot goon drop the glove with mcquaid or campbell then i will gladly take the 5 min pp.

we dont actually need our guys to fight a mcintyre or a shelly or a bogard. it is ok to let those idiots take the instigator and have the linesman step in.

if i am wrong... and some actual need pops up to do a fight... then chara or lucic can earn street cred by answering the challange. and thats a good thing that could benefit us for years to come.

so i see no need to put someone into a uniform that is unable to play more then 2-3 mins a game without drawing 4 powerplays against us. the time for goons being useful in the nhl is long gone. unless a guy can play like thornton can... then its completely stupid to dress them.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2011, 11:04 AM
  #25
roaddogg02316
Registered User
 
roaddogg02316's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Country: United States
Posts: 859
vCash: 500
Would be nice to see as I am a huge fan of his, but I doubt it will happen.

roaddogg02316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:55 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.