HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

goalie

Closed Thread

Old
07-07-2004, 08:30 PM
little a from da bx

vCash: 500
goalie

i like the goalies in our system i think blackie is our #1 than montoya then lundquvist, now my point in being is with that little rumor of blackburn going to washington in a deal for ovechkin ( this is just a thread an idea thats all, just letting everyone know b4 they get all jumpy)if we were to move blackburn i would still like somewhat of a young goalie prospect in the system, with blackie gone we would have lund and montoya, would love to add maybe ryan miller from buffalo or even a pick up of martin biron i wouldnt mind he is still young 27 or so. what do u guys think , what about even trying to pull prusek out of ottawa, think he can be a #1 he is an excellent goaltender, plus ottawa has emery who should be a great prospect they say. what do u guys think ????

Old
07-07-2004, 08:32 PM
DarthSather99

why do we need a gluton og goalies in our system. Did it help Buffalo? If one doesn't step forward and show he is THE ONE, then it's useless.

Old
07-07-2004, 08:40 PM
little a from da bx

doesnt matter if it helped buffalo, we are not them this is the rangers i could care less what worked for them, i think to have a good amount of young goalies with bright futures helps alot. incase one falls we have another to work with and especially out of nyr's own system. we also will always have a trade bate teams are always looking for young goaliesif the trade for blackie got done it helped us get ovechkin who knows what he will be same for blackie, in 2 yaesr maybe montoya or one of these young goalies can get us anuprising fwd we need... good goalies are hard to find ..

Old
07-08-2004, 12:05 AM
bigblue21

1st of all, we would have nothing to give a team like buffalo that we would be willing to give up...the only asset that we have a glut of is goalies, if we were to give up any forward or D prospects that would be just backtracking. secondly, there is no reason to get another goalie, we already have the big 3 (blackburn, montoya, lundquvist), plus labarbera, who had a great season in the AHL, and young chris holt. were we to trade away one (which i believe it is too early to do so, we should keep and develop them, and then if we still have a glut then trade) we would still have 4 quality goalies in the system. that is plenty, we don't need more.

Old
07-08-2004, 07:02 AM
Unknownbutfamous

Send a message via AIM to Unknownbutfamous
Quote:
Originally Posted by little a from da bx
we also will always have a trade bate teams are always looking for young goalies

Thats the problem why people were against the selection of Montoya. Teams are offering very little for young goalies. A rumor form Buffalo said that a team was offering a third rounder for Biron.

Old
07-08-2004, 07:39 AM
free0717

The Ovechkin rumor is just a rumor and no way does it happen. But if it were true , the rangers would be nuts not to do the deal.

Closed Thread