HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > All other USA Amateur, USHL, NAHL, USNTDP etc.
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

USHL protected lists through Buc Bowl

Closed Thread

Old
07-07-2004, 10:12 PM
lancerzrule

vCash: 500
USHL protected lists through Buc Bowl

http://ushl.com/news/20040706ushl.cfm

Old
07-07-2004, 11:01 PM
cagney
cdojdmccjajgejncjaba

Lot's of interesting players. I didn't expect a good number of those guys to report to the league but it's possible the ones I'm thinking of still might not. I'm particularly interested to see how the 15 year old Llewelyn does for Indiana. I've heard good things about him.

Who are you looking forward to watching in River City? If all the listed players show up, it seems that they may have one of the more talented defenses in the league.

Old
07-08-2004, 09:57 AM
lancerzrule

Lancers

I was very impressed with Nick Fanto at the tryout camp. He is going to be a very good player. He turned down a full ride to Maine to play in River City, so I'm definitely expecting big things from him. Also, I've heard good things about Corey Toy and Ryan Turek and am looking forward to a couple of the returners in Jeremy Smith, Jeff Lerg and Brett Motherwell. With Motherwell back there and a couple of the returners & new guys, I do think our defense will be the strong point this year. And Lerg just committed to Michigan State & will backup former Lancer Dominic Vicari next year! You've got me curious about the 15 year old in Indiana now too.

Old
07-09-2004, 08:48 AM
JFPIV

In Indiana, the focus of attention will be on the draftees Gifford and Kukushkin on the forward lines. Personally, I'm looking forward to seeing the big kid (6'5, 225) Findorff on defense.

Also, the new 'tender Reiter had an outstanding camp.

Old
07-11-2004, 01:17 PM
Fan.At
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via ICQ to Fan.At Send a message via MSN to Fan.At
Is this the first time two austrians are playing in the USHL?

Old
07-11-2004, 05:14 PM
JFPIV

Vanek came up through the USHL, but I suspect with the restrictions on foreign born players in the U that there have never been two Austrians in the league at the same time.

Old
07-11-2004, 06:39 PM
5iveforfighting

If I'm understanding you correctly you are saying that because of restrictions there couldn't be 2 Austrians in the league as the same time, but the restrictions are for each team, not the entire league, so there could be two Austrians in the league at the same time, they are considered imports just like Canadians, and we've had more than one Canadian in the league.

Old
07-12-2004, 08:54 AM
JFPIV

Not exactly. What I am saying is that it is my understanding that acc. to USHL rules no team can have more than two foreign born players on its roster at any one time. Obviously, this rule limits the number of foreign born players playing in the league at any one time, and makes less likely the possiblity that there have ever been two Austrian born players in the league at any one time. That's all I was saying.

Old
07-12-2004, 11:41 AM
Fan.At
HFBoards Sponsor

I'm pretty excited about this. Especially Nödl should be able to make some noise. He played last year in the second austrian league (a league of men) and was able to dominate at times. Is anyone here attending Stampede games? Some reports on his progress during the season would be interesting...

Old
07-12-2004, 07:57 PM
lmthaete

I'm pretty excited about Phil Pinter (from Austria) playing for the Des Moines Buccaneers this next season... he's supposed to be REALLY good, but unfortunately I wasn't able to see him play at the Tryout Camp, since he wasn't able to come.

Old
07-14-2004, 04:03 AM
Fan.At
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmthaete
I'm pretty excited about Phil Pinter (from Austria) playing for the Des Moines Buccaneers this next season... he's supposed to be REALLY good, but unfortunately I wasn't able to see him play at the Tryout Camp, since he wasn't able to come.
I have Pinter never seen play. IMO, Nödl is the best austrian prospect to come along since Setzinger, although it's too early to say if he could be even better than Setzinger. The fact that Nödl (and his teammate Rotter who is at least equally skilled, but small) played at the WJC U20 team for Austria as 17 year olds tells a lot...

Old
09-12-2004, 05:47 PM
spock540

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmthaete
True. I was just posting his player profile somewhere else on hfboards.com

Here is a short profile of the young Austrian: The 19-year-old Phil Pinter - playing for the Des Moines Buccaneers this season - is one player that quickly stands out. I saw him at the WJC in Finland last year and he was an entertaining player to watch. Great vision. He has got good hands, an excellent stick-handling, very good puck control and you can see he loves to make plays.

Pinter is an excellent skater with a great skill level. Has a very good, quick wrist shot but can score in many ways. Primarily an offensive-minded player. His defensive game needs work though. Can play all three forward positions.

I think, he should make an impact in Des Moines right away. Yesterday, he had his first GWG for his team against Waterloo. Hope he'll need not to much time to acclimatise. Aims at playing college hockey next year.

All in all, a player to watch...

Austria rocks!!!

Old
09-13-2004, 06:30 PM
ndhockey21

Send a message via AIM to ndhockey21 Send a message via MSN to ndhockey21
Well since we are talkin ushl there is a player for the tricity storm Mario Lamourex who is a 88 im not sure if hes 15 or 16 but hes a hell of a player to watch too.

Old
09-17-2004, 07:10 PM
Oilers Chick
Hockey's Future Staff

BTW, any of you guys going to the Buc Bowl tourney? Some reports would be nice.

Also, I was reading somewhere the other day that Brian Gifford has given a verbal commitment to Denver for the 05-06 season. (I'll try and dig up the link to the article...now if I can only remember where I read it.)

Old
09-17-2004, 07:26 PM
ndhockey21

Send a message via AIM to ndhockey21 Send a message via MSN to ndhockey21
Yes Brian did give a verbal committment to Denver.

Closed Thread