Notices

04-05 Thrasher lines?

Closed Thread

Old
07-07-2004, 09:56 PM
DudeCar

vCash: 500
04-05 Thrasher lines?

What do you think the lines and defensive pairings will look like in the 04-05 season? (if there is one ). Will Heatley play with Kovalchuk?

Old
07-08-2004, 01:17 AM
SlimJater

Kozlov..............Savard............Heatley
Kovalchuk........Stefan.........McEachern
Larsen............Aubin...........Petrovicky
Brennan..............Simon............Vigier
Lessard

Modry.........Sutton
Exelby.........Havelid
Majesky......Tjarnqvist
Kloucek

Nurminen
Lehtonen

Old
07-08-2004, 10:05 AM
Shameus

I don't think that your lines are far off. I just don't see Stefan as a second line center. I am still hoping that DW still goes out and signs a center. I was kind of hoping for Rolston. Can play PK, has the wheels to keep up with Kovalchuk, will get 200+ shots and score some goals. Here is what I think.

Kozlov......Savard......Heatley
Kovalchuk..Rolston.....McEachern
Aubin........Stefan......Petrovicky
Brennan....Simon.......Larson
Viger,Lessard

Modry......Sutton
Havelid.....Exelby
Majesky....Tjarnqvist

Nurminen
Lehtonen

I also wouldn't mind seeing DW sign a big forward to go on the second line. I think Deadmarsh, if healthy, could be an interesting option. If your worried about his injury history, tie playing time into his contract and make it really incentive laden.

Old
07-08-2004, 10:26 AM
The Sneak

From your keyboard to DWs eyes, Shameus. I believe a Petro-Stefan-Mac 3rd line would be awesome. Defensively sound, but enough pop to launch counterattacks. The problem is that we don't have any scoring in our system to fill the 2nd line center and wing. Waddell has expressed an interest in a center, let's hope he can find a winger to go with him on his shopping spree

Old
07-08-2004, 10:54 AM
Shameus

I know that DW would not be able to afford a center and wing more than likely. Especially after shelling out the money it would take to get Rolston. But I thought that Deadmarsh could be a high risk-high reward type of investment. He could be cheap considering how much time he missed the last two seasons, and like I said you could tie in performance and playing time bonuses to a low base salary. I agree with you Rhodes Rage that a Mac-Stefan-Petro third line would be a good third line. Heck, it would be better than most of the second lines the Thrashers have thrown out there in their history. I think that line would provide a spark when needed, be very reponsible defensively, and provide a little offensive punch (I think the three of them could average a little more than 40 pts together, not bad for a third line.) I think droping Aubin to a line with Simon and Larson provides you with a good fourth line who will be very good defensively, very good checkers, and would play smart and not pull any stupid penalties. I know this leaves us without the traditional goon anywhere, but you do have a few guys who will drop (Petro, Savy, Xlb, and if Majesky is dropped to the third defensive pair, why not try to get him to take up fighting a little more?) the gloves if needed.

Old
07-08-2004, 11:47 AM
thrashers=cup05

Kozy--Savard--Heater
Kovy--Stephane--Mcheachern
Vigay--auban--petro
Brennan--Simon--Lessard

the first two lines are obvious.

The third line is fast and can provide 42+ goals as a line

The fourth is a good line. Big physical, and i believe that they can score 25+ goals.
The reason i say this is because they hit anything that moves and it creates alot of open ice for simon to get off a good shot and then lessard and brennan crash the net. It could work

Sutton--modry
Ex--Havlid
Tjarny--majesky

Old
07-08-2004, 02:08 PM
f1nn

Send a message via AIM to f1nn
you guys have Nurminen infront of Lehtonen... do oyu think Nurminen will start or is that not in order

Old
07-08-2004, 08:14 PM
VAThrasher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shameus
I am still hoping that DW still goes out and signs a center. I was kind of hoping for Rolston.
So much for Rolston. Anyone for Nylander or Zhamnov?

http://www.wild.com/

Old
07-08-2004, 10:30 PM
Shameus

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAThrasher
So much for Rolston. Anyone for Nylander or Zhamnov?

http://www.wild.com/

I would rather have Nylander, more responsible in defensive end. They both have been around 60 points a year for their careers, so that is a toss up. I also think that money wise the Thrashers would be able to afford a wing as well as Nylander.

Any thoughts on forking over a lot of money and signing Demitra to play center on the second line?

Old
07-09-2004, 05:43 AM
dunwoody_joe

Quote:

Any thoughts on forking over a lot of money and signing Demitra to play center on the second line?
I cannot see DW forking over an offer suitable to Demitra. I expect a 3M/year or less guy.

Old
07-09-2004, 08:03 AM
VAThrasher

Quote:
I would rather have Nylander, more responsible in defensive end. They both have been around 60 points a year for their careers, so that is a toss up. I also think that money wise the Thrashers would be able to afford a wing as well as Nylander.

I concur. Nylander's strength is passing. Put him on a line with Kovalchuk and the results could be awesome. I also agree Demitra's price is out of our range.

Old
07-09-2004, 01:15 PM
WellSeats

How old is Nylander? Anyone have career stats on him?

Old
07-09-2004, 01:17 PM
DudeCar

Nylander is 32, and go to nhl.com for the stats. He is a consistant point-per-game playmaker who is a tad injury prone.

Old
07-09-2004, 01:22 PM
WellSeats

Thanks!

Old
07-09-2004, 04:17 PM
Fravashis

Kozlov - Aubin - Kovulchuk

Heatley - Savard - Mc Eachern

Vigier- Stefan - Petro

Lessard - Simon - Brennan

------

Modry - Exelby

Sutton - Havelid

Tjarnquist - Majesky

I would like to see DW sign Lindros and put him between Heaters and Captain Thrash

Old
07-09-2004, 09:01 PM
Hockey Mojo

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefan27fan
Kozlov - Aubin - Kovulchuk

Heatley - Savard - Mc Eachern

Vigier- Stefan - Petro

------

Modry - Exelby

Sutton - Havelid

Tjarnquist - Majesky

I would like to see DW sign Lindros and put him between Heaters and Captain Thrash

This offensive line up, we'll be picking again at the 10th spot come 2005 Draft! Dump Vigier and Lessard!

Old
07-13-2004, 09:18 AM
Evgeny Oliker

vCash: 150
Lol

most of you put kovalchuk on a line without kozlov...you guys are forgetting that these two have great chemistry, are both russian, and should be playing together. my lines:

Kozlov - Savard - Kovalchuk
Heatley - Stefan - Mceachern
Vigier - Aubin - Petrovicky

Modry - Sutton
Havelid - Exelby
Coburn - Majesky (who needs tjarnqvist???? let Coburn play)

Old
07-13-2004, 09:37 AM
ThrasherB

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2forsbergaura1
most of you put kovalchuk on a line without kozlov...you guys are forgetting that these two have great chemistry, are both russian, and should be playing together.
Well, considering that Kovalchuk and Kozlov both play left wing, it makes sense that they would be split up. Kozlov has stated that he's more comfortable at left wing, and has played predominantly on a line with Savard and Heatley.

Old
07-13-2004, 09:39 AM
Vyacheslav
Twenty-four

Send a message via AIM to Vyacheslav
Quote:
Originally Posted by DudeCar
Nylander is 32, and go to nhl.com for the stats. He is a consistant point-per-game playmaker who is a tad injury prone.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/players/636/career

Nylander has never been a point-per-game player.

Old
07-13-2004, 09:46 AM
ThrasherB

Plus, he's not been injury prone. 77, 82, 82, 80 games in four years until breaking his leg just before last season. Those are pretty solid games numbers. And maybe he's not a point per game, but he's around .75 per game, which is still solid. I like his game. He's scrappy, he's a decent faceoff guy (not great, but around 48% or so). I think he could do well under Hartley.

Old
07-13-2004, 10:31 AM
Evgeny Oliker

well, even though kozlov and kovachuk are both left wings...if you ask either of them if they'd rather play together or play on separate lines just to stay on LW...believe me, both would rather pick to play together. so kozlov can play RW, its not a big deal. what matters more is that they feed off each other, have chemistry and enjoy playing together

Old
07-13-2004, 11:00 AM
DudeCar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vyacheslav
http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/players/636/career

Nylander has never been a point-per-game player.
Usually I use that term loosely. He has never been on a really good team, and he has come close to the point-per game mark a number of years. As I recall, he was never given top-line minutes (well, maybe in Washington), and when he is, he can produce good numbers.

He is not really a point per game player per se, but more like a 3 points/4 games player. Either way, he would be a great addition to the Thrashers.

Old
07-13-2004, 11:34 AM
Evgeny Oliker

why exactly would the Trashers need Nylander when they have Savard and Stefan??? Savard is better than Nylander...and why would u want to replace stefan with nylander on the 2nd line??? Stefan is much younger, has plenty of potential and moving stefan down to a 3rd line would only hurt his progress. THE Trashers are a young team and they dont need guys like nylander right now...good player, but getting old and they have enough good offensive centers. also,nylander is not a 3rd line center...he is only average on D.

Old
07-13-2004, 11:54 AM
Vyacheslav
Twenty-four

Send a message via AIM to Vyacheslav
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrasherB
And maybe he's not a point per game, but he's around .75 per game, which is still solid.
.75 is not bad, but there's a big difference these days between someone who can actually record a point per game and someone who records .75. It was a misleading post so I wanted to clarify.

Old
07-13-2004, 12:35 PM
Evgeny Oliker

i think you need to take a closer look at the .75 per game anyway. first of all, most of those points are assists...not goals. he gets 15-20 goals a season, rest is assists. next, he is 32 and he wont get you .75 per game anymore...its all downhill from now on.

Closed Thread