HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Los Angeles Dodgers

Old
04-06-2011, 04:09 PM
no name

vCash: 500
Boy, the ump is really squeezing the pitchers today. Not giving him the inside or the outside of the plate.

no name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2011, 06:28 AM
Rizer

LA have been great at home, taking out San Fran, but even last year they had a losing road record and started off on the same foot against the rockies.

Lilly is going to start tonight vs. the Padres so let's hope they can make this series a winning one.

Rizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2011, 01:08 PM
The Tikkanen
Pest

Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizer View Post
LA have been great at home, taking out San Fran, but even last year they had a losing road record and started off on the same foot against the rockies.

Lilly is going to start tonight vs. the Padres so let's hope they can make this series a winning one.
The Padres may be one of the few teams that have a weaker offense than the Dodgers.

The Tikkanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2011, 01:54 AM
Rizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikkanen View Post
The Padres may be one of the few teams that have a weaker offense than the Dodgers.
The Dodgers outscored them 8-2 in the two games. Kuroda pitched a great game tonight and Broxton picked up yet another save.

I'm glad I took Kuroda on my fantasy team. Everyone laughed at me when I bid for him early on, but since he has the lowest ERA of pretty much all the Japanese pitchers and should notch up quite a few wins this year (I think he has 'adjusted' much more than before to MLB) I went with him, and so far he's payed off very nicely with two early wins, a lot of innings under his belt and quite the nice SO tally as well.

Old
04-10-2011, 02:04 AM
The Tikkanen
Pest

Quote:
The Dodgers outscored them 8-2 in the two games. Kuroda pitched a great game tonight and Broxton picked up yet another save.

I'm glad I took Kuroda on my fantasy team. Everyone laughed at me when I bid for him early on, but since he has the lowest ERA of pretty much all the Japanese pitchers and should notch up quite a few wins this year (I think he has 'adjusted' much more than before to MLB) I went with him, and so far he's payed off very nicely with two early wins, a lot of innings under his belt and quite the nice SO tally as well.
Can't go wrong with good pitcher in good pitchers parks. I liked Kuroda too this year but couldn't get him, did get Broxton on 1 of my teams. I had Manny on 2 teams though so that shows my expertise in predicting bounce back players.

Old
04-10-2011, 12:49 PM
Wildturkey12
Do It!

Ely gets the nod today. Im curious to which Ely comes out.

Wildturkey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2011, 10:03 PM
Rizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildturkey12 View Post
Ely gets the nod today. Im curious to which Ely comes out.
He did pretty well, but the Padres laid the hammer down later on in the game and the Dodgers never really looked like a serious threat.

I feel it is a game they could have won, but oh well, on to the next one.

Old
04-11-2011, 01:20 AM
Wildturkey12
Do It!

Quote:
He did pretty well, but the Padres laid the hammer down later on in the game and the Dodgers never really looked like a serious threat.

I feel it is a game they could have won, but oh well, on to the next one.
I thought he decent job. Ely's game is all about being aggressive and he showed some today. I would like to see him get another shot but it sounds like Garland will be ready for Friday night.

Besides Gwynn Jr, it looked like the rest of the team checked out early and were ready to go to SF.

Old
04-11-2011, 01:28 AM
JT Dutch*
Cult of Personality

Quote:
He did pretty well
Quote:
I thought he decent job. Ely's game is all about being aggressive and he showed some today.
... LOL! He gave up 6 hits, 3 walks, and 2 homers in 5+ innings. He got taken deep by Cameron Maybin. Ely got hammered.

JT Dutch* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 08:57 AM
no name

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT Dutch View Post
... LOL! He gave up 6 hits, 3 walks, and 2 homers in 5+ innings. He got taken deep by Cameron Maybin. Ely got hammered.
Yeah, Ely always looks ok the first time through the lineup, then the smoke settles and the mirrors crack.

Old
04-11-2011, 09:06 AM
21Dog

With Ely's stuff, there is no margin for error.

Unfortunately, he made too many errors yesterday.

Not that his offense provided him with much support.

21Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 11:05 AM
Wildturkey12
Do It!

Quote:
You're right. I always forget that most Cy Young winners come out of the 5th spot in the rotation.

Old
04-11-2011, 12:14 PM
JT Dutch*
Cult of Personality

Quote:
You're right. I always forget that most Cy Young winners come out of the 5th spot in the rotation.
... Hahaha, what? No one's expecting Ely to win any awards here, but if he keeps having games where he's allowing 4 runs in less than 6 innings, he's not gonna stay in the rotation. If he can pitch about 130-140 innings or more with an ERA of 3.75 to 4, he'll be more than alright as a 5th starter.

Old
04-11-2011, 01:25 PM
Chazz Reinhold

Quote:
... Hahaha, what? No one's expecting Ely to win any awards here, but if he keeps having games where he's allowing 4 runs in less than 6 innings, he's not gonna stay in the rotation. If he can pitch about 130-140 innings or more with an ERA of 3.75 to 4, he'll be more than alright as a 5th starter.
He won't be in as soon as the next time the 5th starter's spot is needed considering Garland is coming back shortly.

Chazz Reinhold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 01:43 PM
Wildturkey12
Do It!

Quote:
... Hahaha, what?
That was my attempt at a joke. What I was saying is that he pretty much gave you what you should expect out of a fifth starter. Now with Garland back on Friday, we should have the one of the best 5th starters in the NL.

Old
04-11-2011, 01:56 PM
JT Dutch*
Cult of Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazz Reinhold View Post
He won't be in as soon as the next time the 5th starter's spot is needed considering Garland is coming back shortly.
... Garland's made out of glass at this stage. I'm sure Ely will get another chance later in the season to show what he can do.

Old
04-11-2011, 02:27 PM
Chazz Reinhold

Quote:
... Garland's made out of glass at this stage. I'm sure Ely will get another chance later in the season to show what he can do.
Garland hasn't started less than 32 games since 2001 (which was his second year in the league). He's been the model of consistency. He also hasn't pitched less than 190 innings since 2001 as well (and he wasn't a full-time starter then).

I would hardly say he's made out of glass at this stage.

Chazz Reinhold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 02:37 PM
The Tikkanen
Pest

Quote:
Garland hasn't started less than 32 games since 2001 (which was his second year in the league). He's been the model of consistency. He also hasn't pitched less than 190 innings since 2001 as well (and he wasn't a full-time starter then).

Garland will be very effective at Dodger Stadium.

Old
04-11-2011, 02:40 PM
Wildturkey12
Do It!

Quote:

This is the first time he has been on the DL since his rookie season. I think for a while him and Lowe were the guys who had gone the longest without a trip to the DL.

Old
04-12-2011, 12:03 AM
Wildturkey12
Do It!

With a little help from some crappy defense, the bats have come alive.

Old
04-12-2011, 12:06 AM
21Dog

Quote:
With a little help from some crappy defense, the bats have come alive.
Giant defense has been kind to the Dodgers.

21Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2011, 02:03 AM
no name

Matt MF Kemp.

Old
04-12-2011, 04:40 AM
Rizer

Quote:
Yes, but he didn't do that bad.

His technique could use a little work but he's only 24 and he is quite emotional as well. As others have said, aside from Gwynn Jr., the team seemed to have checked out. The only other person who showed any emotion was Ely. I remember when he got caught out trying to run the bases he was in the dugout looking absolutely dejected.

I like him, and I think with a little more experience and some work on his game he can be in the starting rotation. I also like the fact that despite the team not really showing up that day he played his behind off and even though his little errors here and there didn't lose the game overall, he still beat himself up over them. He has passion, and I think that's a good thing.

Bu thankfully the team showed up tonight to play and they were the ones who took the beating to San Fran. Kershaw was excellent, again, and I think this could be a huge year for him. Aside from that, they showed hustle, spirit and just basically had their S together. They game to play and play they did.

Also, Gwynn Jr. made some really great catches out there. I loved his diving barrel roll catch especially. He's so fun to watch.

Old
04-12-2011, 11:39 AM
Winger23

Kershaw is a stud. I don't know why teams are still pitching to Kemp at all, especially with the crap in the lineup behind him...

Winger23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2011, 12:19 PM
Wildturkey12
Do It!

Furcal out 4-6 weeks with a broken finger. I know he wasnt hitting but its a good thing we have some depth on the bench. I hope DeJesus or Gordon gets called up but it will probably be Castro.