HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Brad Boyes Depreciation Thread

Old
04-02-2011, 10:25 PM
slip

vCash: 500
Brad Boyes Depreciation Thread

The guy absolutely sucks. What a waste of a 2nd round pick. Is it too late to waive him, or loan him to some obscure Eastern European hockey league?

slip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2011, 10:34 PM
Zip15

vCash: 67
He's been bad recently. He's not good at center. Hecht needs to get back to push Boyes back to the wing where he belongs.

Zip15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2011, 10:34 PM
Rivet52
Sabres & Blackhawks

Send a message via AIM to Rivet52
This is a joke right?

Rivet52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2011, 10:35 PM
Jame
Dream '16

told you... tim connolly 2.0

Jame is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2011, 10:36 PM
fing0rz

hes been terrible, should sit him

fing0rz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2011, 10:37 PM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivet52 View Post
This is a joke right?
Yes, it's heavy on the sarcasm. Although just about everyone mentioned in a "where are you ______ " thread has turned it around, often within minutes of it being posted.

He's looked overmatched at center again. Hecht is a better, safer option and Brad can go back to scoring some timely goals off the wing.

04-02-2011, 10:39 PM
Pengo

I forgot he was even on the team.

Pengo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2011, 10:41 PM
HarryNealesGarden
Big Daddy Ted

What the hell, I'll pile in the anti-jinx thread too.

Brad Boyes Brad Boyes, it looks like the cops have finally come for you.

HarryNealesGarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2011, 10:42 PM
HarryNealesGarden
Big Daddy Ted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot View Post
Yes, it's heavy on the sarcasm. Although just about everyone mentioned in a "where are you ______ " thread has turned it around, often within minutes of it being posted.

He's looked overmatched at center again. Hecht is a better, safer option and Brad can go back to scoring some timely goals off the wing.
He's not a set-up guy, and he's not great at managing the responsibility of manning the high slot and marking opponents on cycle plays like a Center has to do.

He's a winger, plain and simple. He'll be fine once we actually have more than 3 natural centers no the active roster again.

Old
04-02-2011, 10:50 PM
Rivet52
Sabres & Blackhawks

Send a message via AIM to Rivet52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot View Post

He's looked overmatched at center again.
Hecht is a better, safer option and Brad can go back to scoring some timely goals off the wing.
Exactly.

I don't think he's been as bad as the thread title suggests. He's just looked a bit uncomfortable in a position he's not as adjusted to as his natural position on the wing.

Definitely still worth a 2nd in my mind. Signed next year. 5-6-11 in 17 GP and a +2 for a team who has been offensively starved this season, getting shut out how many times (?) isn't bad. At all. Especially considering he had to adjust to a new system. Cap hit and money isn't a problem either. All this despite recently playing center because of injuries to Roy and Hecht. Not shabby based on what he's been asked to do.

Rivet52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2011, 11:11 PM
ct2111

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivet52 View Post
Exactly.

I don't think he's been as bad as the thread title suggests. He's just looked a bit uncomfortable in a position he's not as adjusted to as his natural position on the wing.

Definitely still worth a 2nd in my mind. Signed next year. 5-6-11 in 17 GP and a +2 for a team who has been offensively starved this season, getting shut out how many times (?) isn't bad. At all. Especially considering he had to adjust to a new system. Cap hit and money isn't a problem either. All this despite recently playing center because of injuries to Roy and Hecht. Not shabby based on what he's been asked to do.
5 times shut out, 9th in GPG. That's far from what I would call offensively starved.

ct2111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2011, 12:03 AM
Ron Barr
Doing it to Death

He's an average scoring line RW, nothing more. I think Pominville and Stafford are better, which is why I wish we would trade him for a center in the off-season. It's sad that we have a better chance of trading Poms or Staff rather than Boyes, only because Boyes was the most recent acquisition.

Ron Barr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2011, 01:08 AM
HarryNealesGarden
Big Daddy Ted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Barr View Post
He's an average scoring line RW, nothing more. I think Pominville and Stafford are better, which is why I wish we would trade him for a center in the off-season. It's sad that we have a better chance of trading Poms or Staff rather than Boyes, only because Boyes was the most recent acquisition.
Pominville's contract is an albatross. He can't be traded, really. And Staff is an RFA.

So, actually, Boyes is the most tradeable by default.

Old
04-03-2011, 01:20 AM
Ron Barr
Doing it to Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryNealesGarden View Post
Pominville's contract is an albatross. He can't be traded, really. And Staff is an RFA.

So, actually, Boyes is the most tradeable by default.
Yeah but management will refuse to trade him out of principle.

Ron Barr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2011, 01:32 AM
Boose30

he picked up 10pts in march which is normal for him, in 3 out of the 5 months played with STL this season he put up 10pts, what do you expect from him seriously, for a guy we got for a 2nd round pick whos as productive if not more productive than vanek in the goal scoring category at half the price i wouldnt be complaining

Boose30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2011, 01:35 AM
Boose30

vanek+natural goal scorer=

Boose30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2011, 01:44 AM
Krieger Bot

Send a message via AIM to Krieger Bot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Barr View Post
Yeah but management will refuse to trade him out of principle.
Indeed.

I really have no clue why we traded for him. It makes no sense given the complexion of the roster.

I know that everyone's currently letting Darcy off the hook for everything because it appears that Quinn was a bigger ****** than everyone anticipated (and that's really saying something), but the Boyes trade really makes me wonder what Darcy sees when he looks at our roster. It's seems to be much, much different than what I see.

Krieger Bot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2011, 01:46 AM
Myllz
ARF ARF ARF ARF ARF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weird Fish View Post
Indeed.

I really have no clue why we traded for him. It makes no sense given the complexion of the roster.

I know that everyone's currently letting Darcy off the hook for everything because it appears that Quinn was a bigger ****** than everyone anticipated (and that's really saying something), but the Boyes trade really makes me wonder what Darcy sees when he looks at our roster. It's seems to be much, much different than what I see.
Darcy views his roster in potential, not actuality. Always has, and always will.

Myllz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2011, 01:51 AM
Krieger Bot

Send a message via AIM to Krieger Bot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myllz View Post
Darcy views his roster in potential, not actuality. Always has, and always will.
What do you mean? Not calling you wrong, I just legitimately don't understand.

Krieger Bot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2011, 02:07 AM
Myllz
ARF ARF ARF ARF ARF

Quote:
What do you mean? Not calling you wrong, I just legitimately don't understand.
He doesn't measure his roster in terms of how they're playing right now. He measures his roster in terms of how they could play or what their potential is. It's why he overvalues his young players so much. It's also why he refuses to give up on guys like Connolly. If their potential to be good players is there, he views them as good players period, even if they're not performing well right now.

Myllz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2011, 02:42 AM
SabresHockey66

Quote:
Indeed.

Actually it makes a lot of sense. The only way this team is truly dangerous is if they roll three scoring lines. They can now do that when Hecht is healthy. Also he can (barely) play center which gives us options, like say when yet another center (Hecht) gets hurt. He adds scoring, 13 in 17 is pretty good. He cost only a 2nd (yes I know this is hf and picks are crazy overvalued but come on, only a 2nd).

Where exactly is the part that doesn't make sense?

And either his thread isn't one of those joke you suck threads or here are too many guys in here who are not taking it as such.

SabresHockey66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2011, 03:13 AM
HarryNealesGarden
Big Daddy Ted

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresHockey66 View Post
Actually it makes a lot of sense. The only way this team is truly dangerous is if they roll three scoring lines. They can now do that when Hecht is healthy. Also he can (barely) play center which gives us options, like say when yet another center (Hecht) gets hurt. He adds scoring, 13 in 17 is pretty good. He cost only a 2nd (yes I know this is hf and picks are crazy overvalued but come on, only a 2nd).

Where exactly is the part that doesn't make sense?

And either his thread isn't one of those joke you suck threads or here are too many guys in here who are not taking it as such.
Right.

This team makes a lot more sense when everyone is healthy. Boyes doesn't really fit as a 2nd line center but he does fit in really well on the wing.

Old
04-03-2011, 10:15 AM
Play4Miracles*
1 nation under Oil

He's been busy trying to figure out how too play defense as a center, in Lindy Ruff's system. And in that area, he's getting better and better. But, at what cost? His o-zone play has cold off considerably.

We REALLY need Hecht back, he totally gets how to play center for Ruff even though he's not great at draws. Until then, Boyes is goign to have too tough it out, because there is no better option.

Play4Miracles* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2011, 11:09 AM
barcs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myllz View Post
I'd say that's pretty accurate. He's justified players returning from injury as "additions." Same sort of logic.

barcs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2011, 11:30 AM
SabresBillsBuffalo

This is the dumbest thread I've ever seen. He set up Stafford for a prime scoring chance last night. He had a bad penalty last night oh well. Is it his fault the team went 0/2 in PENALTY KILLING. No.... Is it his fault the refs called a phantom call on Gaustad. No. The dude has probably the 2nd most points or 3rd most points since the trade deadline on the team. Stop *****ing all the time. Wheres the Miller depreciation thread if were gonna just bash everyone.

SabresBillsBuffalo is offline   Reply With Quote