HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2011 Draft Talk V2.0

Closed Thread

Old
04-20-2011, 11:13 AM
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle West View Post
Biggs just got tossed from the U-18 game for hurting people!

Haven't seen any video but apparently wasn't a dirty play just a case of him being too big and aggressive.

Already 6'2 and 210lbs, if you've seen his fight videos, very intense and scary competitor.
I want him!

Old
04-20-2011, 11:30 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by parachutist View Post
I really hope the HABS brass trade down to get a 2nd round pick. Not a huge difference from pick #10 to #45.

From the Q, I'd be interested in Phillip Danault and J-G Pageau. Maybe Logan Shaw too.
I'd love Pageau in the 3rd or 4th round, his skills remind me a lot of Giroux. At 5'9" 165lbs I don't see him going in the first 2 rounds unless somebody sees a future all-star.

Danault I can't justify drafting before round 3 in a deep draft. He's a solid offensive player in the Q but he's more likely to be a 3rd rounder in the NHL(see Bournival).

Old
04-20-2011, 11:51 AM
S Bah

ISS has Bigg's available at our spot,I haven't seen him play so no opinion on him.I have seen Khokhlachev and he's #18 and he's a great pick,hard worker good skater with talent dripping off him.Tinordi caught him with a thunderous hit and he actually managed to crawl back to his bench ande play his next shift can he play in the NHL 200% he can with Kostitsyn in a couple of years.He's gained almost 20 lbs since the beginning of the year and like the Habs prospect Avtsin was one of Moscow's poster boys three years ago for a reason.This guy would be a great choice if he's still there when the Habs pick.

Old
04-20-2011, 12:21 PM
Zeroknowledge*

Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
ISS has Bigg's available at our spot,I haven't seen him play so no opinion on him.I have seen Khokhlachev and he's #18 and he's a great pick,hard worker good skater with talent dripping off him.Tinordi caught him with a thunderous hit and he actually managed to crawl back to his bench ande play his next shift can he play in the NHL 200% he can with Kostitsyn in a couple of years.He's gained almost 20 lbs since the beginning of the year and like the Habs prospect Avtsin was one of Moscow's poster boys three years ago for a reason.This guy would be a great choice if he's still there when the Habs pick.
I don't think management is willing to draft Russians in the first 2 rounds unless they have a top 3 pick, we've had bad experiences in general and they're just not worth the trouble to even be selected in the top 2 rounds.

Even if they're BPA I'm pretty sure they'd just select the next BPA.

Old
04-22-2011, 12:27 AM
SeriousFan09

Starting to think more and more the Canadiens should make the necessary move to grab McNeill to open up more PF options for the team going forward in future years and spend a later pick on anyone who might project into that role over time.

Old
04-22-2011, 12:49 AM
Marc BargainBin
only on playstation

Send a message via Skype™ to Marc BargainBin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yarfangor View Post
just from reading the Rask thread this guy sounds like a hybrid of SK74 and Kabanov. Bad attitude mixed with parents who think they own the show.

with our luck we'll draft him and he'll bust hard, skill is great but he has more red flags then green ones imo.
It's not really attitude from what i find but lack of ice time and him asking for more. He has had a good season compared to other swedes in the same league from their draft year.

Old
04-22-2011, 12:55 AM
Marc BargainBin
only on playstation

Send a message via Skype™ to Marc BargainBin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroknowledge View Post
I don't think management is willing to draft Russians in the first 2 rounds unless they have a top 3 pick, we've had bad experiences in general and they're just not worth the trouble to even be selected in the top 2 rounds.

He's in NA and had a good attitude. His background shouldn't warrant being passed on if he's the BPA. With leblanc possibly playing wing, he would really give our center depth.

Old
04-22-2011, 01:47 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroknowledge View Post

Wow. You're still living in the 70s?
Biggs is terrible. I would be pissed if they drafted him. No matter his aggressiveness.

Old
04-22-2011, 02:57 PM
Forsead

I would like to see more swedish/finnish guys taken in round 3-7 theses seem to sometimes become real steal. We started doing this with Simila, Westin and Nattinen.

A guy like Klas Dahlbeck could be an exemple.

Old
04-22-2011, 04:14 PM
Whitesnake
Steel your Habs away

vCash: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
I'd love Pageau in the 3rd or 4th round, his skills remind me a lot of Giroux. At 5'9" 165lbs I don't see him going in the first 2 rounds unless somebody sees a future all-star.

Danault I can't justify drafting before round 3 in a deep draft. He's a solid offensive player in the Q but he's more likely to be a 3rd rounder in the NHL(see Bournival).
There's something in Danault that makes me belief he'll be closer to a top 6 player than Bournival. And I'm not saying Bournival won't be. As far as Pageau is concerned, this kid should also be a 3rd, 4th round...5th round is a steal.

We are missing some picks....not fun lately FOR THAT TIME OF THE YEAR, to be a Habs fan.

Old
04-22-2011, 06:08 PM
S Bah

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccgg View Post
This is my hopes for the next draft. There is 3 fowards and 3 d-men.

1st round : Mark McNeill (C)
Height 6’02 ; Weight 210 ; Shoots R
Mark hasn’t high end skills but the way he battles I’m sure he will produce in the NHL as a top liner. He is a great power foward and he isn’t affraid to go in the corner and in the front of the net. He is a warrior. He is a safe pick but with a high potential (1st liner at best and 2nd liner at worst). Comparison : Mike Richards ?

3rd round : Miikka Salomäki (C-RW)
Height 5’11 ; Weight 198 ; Shoots L
This very agressive foward is good in every aspect of the game. He is very strong, good two-way game, good shot, pass, hard hits and he is very gritty. He plays with the edge all the time every shift. He is a momentum machine. He is a safe pick because (IMO) at worst he will be a 4th liner (at best a 2nd liner). Comparison : Tuomo Ruutu

4th round : Jean-Gabriel Pageau (C)
Height 5.09 ; Weight 164 ; Shoots R
He has a lot of creativity and quickness with the puck. His decision making and faceoff abilities are great. He is like Brendan Gallagher. A home run pick and I hope the Habs want him. He has a great shot and he is so smart. For the potential, I don’t know, something between PPG 1st liner or bust. Comparison : Claude Giroux

5th round : Joel Edmundson (D)
Height 6.04 ; Weight 200 ; Shoots R
This stay-at-home d-man is smart and good defensively. He is physical and he has a good positionning on the ice. He has a good vision and a good first pass. He works hard and he isn’t affraid to drop the gloves. He is a good leader. For the potential : number 4 d-man to AHLer. Comparison : Andrew Ference ?

6th round : Justin Sefton (D)
Height 6.03 ; Weight 199 ; Shoots R
He is a good skater for his size and is good in his own end. He competes hard on the ice and takes the body whenever he has the opportunity to do so. He likes to drop the gloves and he is a very good fighter. He has an underrated potential, at best he will be a 2nd pairing d-man and at worst, a goon. Comparison : Mike Komisarek

7th round : Luke Juha (D)
Height 5.11 ; Weight 180 ; Shoots R
This small offensive d-man has a tremendous offensive upside. Is he a 3rd round, 5th round or a 7th round player ? I don’t know. He is a sleeper for sure. He is very smart and has a great instinct. His vision on the ice is awesome. And the potential…top-4 d-man to ECHLer. (lol) Comparison : Tomas Kaberle

If there is a mistake, I will edit.
Justin Sefton could go in the 3rd round and would be a very good pick.McNeill was my 1st pick also but will be gone,Khoklachev will be there and would be a great pick for our 1st choice.Another Russian defenceman Alexei Marchenko is a stud and ranked 25 Euro-Russ by ISS absolute steal at that pick should be in top three overall.

Old
04-23-2011, 01:09 AM
Whitesnake
Steel your Habs away

This year's Justin Jokinen? Or a real threat? How about Joseph Labate? Geez at one point with what I keep reading on him, he's almost worthy of trading back our 1st so we'd get a late 1st AND a 2nd....I wouldn't count on him being available in the 3rd unless....he's Justin Jokinen Part 2.

Old
04-23-2011, 03:54 PM
JeromeHP
HFBoards Sponsor

Watch Canada/USA at the U-18 today. semi-final and wow what a game. Team USA was leading 4-1 with about 9min left in the 3rd and in typical team canada fashion the team came back scoring 2 goal in the last 2 minute of the game with their goalie pulled. Too bad finally team usa won it in OT. But great game overall

Rocco Grimaldi: boy he was good. everytime he had the puck he made something happen. ulta fast and playing on the big ice really help him. Unreal hockey sense, even at 5"6 he look strong on his skate and on of team usa goal he run over Ryan Murphy in the corner wich lead to Reid Boucher goal. didnt get an assist but did great work. Great backchecker also wich is nice to see. Also a great PKer with his speed and smart.

J.T Miller: Thats another guy the habs could have interested in. big strong centerman. his production and consistency was an issue all year but playing great at the u-18. Great effort on his goal as he block a shot and showed an extra gear to get to the puck and beat Subban five hole with a good wrist shot. Look very good today and he's going to North Dakota like Grimaldi. Timmins type of pick.

Ryan Murphy & Ryan Murray: Wow those two probably played close to 40mins in the game for team Canada. Murray is a stud and will go top3 in 2012. Unreal pass to Schiefele to tie the game with 50sec left in the 3rd period. Doesnt make any mistake defensively. Murphy had some problem in the defensive zone on some sequence but when you play 40mins..has unreal speed and great shot from the point. Love to rush the puck. Those two will play together at next year world junior and will be dominant.

Mark Scheifelle and Mark McNeill: from watching 3 game from the u-18 i would have to say Scheifelle will be higher in my ranking than McNeill. McNeill offensive touch worrired me. Great along the board but couldn't finnish multiples scoring chances. Could have had a hat trick in OT today. Meanwhile Scheifelle has 6 goal in the tournament, starting to play a more physical game i heard in the 2nd half of the ohl season. From my U-18 viewing i would say Scheifelle has more natural skill than McNeill.

Brett Ritchie: Wow would love to get a 2nd round pick to get this guy. Had a up and down year for Sarnia (had mono) and heard he didnt play with enough drive but he did look great today (was team canada player of the game). Always in front of the net on the PP. scored 2 goal in the game. big kid as well 6"3 and around 190lbs.

Tyler Biggs: Scored the OT winner for team usa with a good shot low blocker. But other than that didnt show any sign of being a futur top6 forward. Went hard to the net and his a physical beast along the board. After a whistle, smallish forward Charles Hudon was trying to move him away from Subban goal crease and Biggs was smiling at Hudon and probably saying "what are you doing kid ? " Anyway

Reid Boucher: Small but boy he can really shoot the puck. if there's one thing his great at that can score a tons. not big, not fast but great goal scorer potential

Seth Jones Are you kidding me ? this d-men is 2013 eligible and was probably best d-men for the Americans. Already 6"3, this kid will be a monster when the 2013 draft come up

Malcom Subban: bad game for Malcolm in the middle. If Team Canada had any kind of goaltending in that game they would have won. at least 2 weak goal on him today.

John Gibson: Look very calm and poise in net. big and square to the shooter all the time.

Travis Ewanyk and Collin Smith Both guy love to drive opposing player nuts with huge hit on the forecheck. wouldn't mind if habs take a one of them in the mid round.

Morgan Rielly Only 16 and was a stud for team canada at this tourny as an underager. great puckmoving d-men. Was better againts Germany than today but he's a name to keep an eye on this crazy 2012 draft

Canada/Russia tomorrow at 8:30am and USA/Sweden later in the day on TSN/RDS

Old
04-23-2011, 04:35 PM
Whitesnake
Steel your Habs away

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhldraftvideo View Post
Watch Canada/USA at the U-18 today. semi-final and wow what a game. Team USA was leading 4-1 with about 9min left in the 3rd and in typical team canada fashion the team came back scoring 2 goal in the last 2 minute of the game with their goalie pulled. Too bad finally team usa won it in OT. But great game overall

Rocco Grimaldi: boy he was good. everytime he had the puck he made something happen. ulta fast and playing on the big ice really help him. Unreal hockey sense, even at 5"6 he look strong on his skate and on of team usa goal he run over Ryan Murphy in the corner wich lead to Reid Boucher goal. didnt get an assist but did great work. Great backchecker also wich is nice to see. Also a great PKer with his speed and smart.

J.T Miller: Thats another guy the habs could have interested in. big strong centerman. his production and consistency was an issue all year but playing great at the u-18. Great effort on his goal as he block a shot and showed an extra gear to get to the puck and beat Subban five hole with a good wrist shot. Look very good today and he's going to North Dakota like Grimaldi. Timmins type of pick.

Ryan Murphy & Ryan Murray: Wow those two probably played close to 40mins in the game for team Canada. Murray is a stud and will go top3 in 2012. Unreal pass to Schiefele to tie the game with 50sec left in the 3rd period. Doesnt make any mistake defensively. Murphy had some problem in the defensive zone on some sequence but when you play 40mins..has unreal speed and great shot from the point. Love to rush the puck. Those two will play together at next year world junior and will be dominant.

Mark Scheifelle and Mark McNeill: from watching 3 game from the u-18 i would have to say Scheifelle will be higher in my ranking than McNeill. McNeill offensive touch worrired me. Great along the board but couldn't finnish multiples scoring chances. Could have had a hat trick in OT today. Meanwhile Scheifelle has 6 goal in the tournament, starting to play a more physical game i heard in the 2nd half of the ohl season. From my U-18 viewing i would say Scheifelle has more natural skill than McNeill.

Brett Ritchie: Wow would love to get a 2nd round pick to get this guy. Had a up and down year for Sarnia (had mono) and heard he didnt play with enough drive but he did look great today (was team canada player of the game). Always in front of the net on the PP. scored 2 goal in the game. big kid as well 6"3 and around 190lbs.

Tyler Biggs: Scored the OT winner for team usa with a good shot low blocker. But other than that didnt show any sign of being a futur top6 forward. Went hard to the net and his a physical beast along the board. After a whistle, smallish forward Charles Hudon was trying to move him away from Subban goal crease and Biggs was smiling at Hudon and probably saying "what are you doing kid ? " Anyway

Reid Boucher: Small but boy he can really shoot the puck. if there's one thing his great at that can score a tons. not big, not fast but great goal scorer potential

Seth Jones Are you kidding me ? this d-men is 2013 eligible and was probably best d-men for the Americans. Already 6"3, this kid will be a monster when the 2013 draft come up

Malcom Subban: bad game for Malcolm in the middle. If Team Canada had any kind of goaltending in that game they would have won. at least 2 weak goal on him today.

John Gibson: Look very calm and poise in net. big and square to the shooter all the time.

Travis Ewanyk and Collin Smith Both guy love to drive opposing player nuts with huge hit on the forecheck. wouldn't mind if habs take a one of them in the mid round.

Morgan Rielly Only 16 and was a stud for team canada at this tourny as an underager. great puckmoving d-men. Was better againts Germany than today but he's a name to keep an eye on this crazy 2012 draft

Canada/Russia tomorrow at 8:30am and USA/Sweden later in the day on TSN/RDS
Good report my friend and unfortunately.....I agree on all accounts.

I'm a big TJ Miller fan. Almost to a point to consider him in our 1st round since we don't have A FREAKIN 2ND.....Grimaldi will be a NHL player as well.

And I totally agree with Biggs. He goes from undecided to absolutely not for me.

Also agree on Scheifele who I already had before McNeill...and confirms it.

And Rielly impresses the hell out of me. Jones as well to say the least.

The most intriguing players are Cousins and Ritchie. That's the only place where I could disagree with you, is on Ritchie. I would go as far as to think that Ritchie will not amount to anything but a filler once he reaches the NHL......though the same can be said with Cousins, he has that little extra smarts that makes me believe he could go higher than some are expecting.

Murray and Murphy...we'll see how Murray will develop. And there's still a lot of work defensively for Murphy. He wouldn't be a priority for me.

Old
04-24-2011, 04:09 AM
Roulin

Thanks for sharing all this nhldraftvideo!

Quote:
Looks like the strength of the bottom part of the 1st round is forwards with size - Miller, Jenner, Jensen, Scheifele, McNeill, Rask... this is a positive for the Habs, as their top offensive prospect might be the tiny Brendan Gallagher.

Quote:
In your opinion, would Scheifele be able to help a team as a two way forward if he doesn't make it as a big point producer?

Old
04-24-2011, 09:51 AM
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW

I juste hope we can grab Tyler Biggs.

This guy is want we need!

Old
04-24-2011, 09:57 AM
parachutist

Some info about Grimaldi from the Prospects board:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
Can someone please explain this whole Rocco Grimaldi thing to me? Google his name and you will find a 5'6", 160lb forward putting up a point per game in the ushl. Generally that doesn't get you drafted in the first seven rounds, let alone the first ten picks. Obviously I'm missing a give element of what makes this player such a special one. Please, please let me in on it. I'm tiring of being so ignorant on this.

Thanks.

William H Bonney:
First thing to remember is that putting up a point per game with the NTDP team is different than putting up a point per game in the USHL with another team. The NTDP team is the youngest in the league. Age, inexperience, physical and mental immaturity are huge factors working against them on most nights. The majority of the NTDP team(s) didn't even dominate the NAHL for those same reasons. The sledding is even tougher for them obviously in a much superior league. Second thing to remember is that Grimaldi's NTDP team isn't one of the better offensive teams the NTDP has had. Offensively, they're basically a one line team with Rocco, J.T. Miller, and Reid Boucher and Rocco is the straw that stirs that drink.

For more perspective, just look at where Rocco is in NTDP History for scoring. He's currently 8th in career goals, 2nd in career assists, and 5th in career points. The only players ahead of him in career points are 1) Phil Kessel (180); 2) Patrick Kane (172); 3) Andy Hilbert (153); 4) Jeremy Morin (139); and then 5) Rocco Grimaldi (135).

Even with that, you have to remember that during Kessel, Kane, and Morin's NTDP runs they played in the NAHL both seasons and not the USHL like Rocco. Hilbert's first season was also in the NAHL as well but his second season was in the USHL (NTDP last played full seasons in the USHL during the 98-99 and 99-00 seasons. They just rejoined the USHL last season). When Hilbert played with the NTDP they also used to play a lot more games and the USHL was a much weaker league back then. Now not only were all 4 of those players playing in weaker leagues, but in the case of Kessel, Kane, and Morin you also need to look at who they played with. Kessel played with the following: Peter Mueller (also Top 10 in NTDP goals, assists, and scoring), Jack Johnson (#3 in all-time NTDP d-man scoring), Erik Johnson (#4 in all-time NTDP d-man scoring) Nathan Gerbe, Jack Skille, Ryan Stoa, etc. Kane played with following: Blake Geoffrion, Bill Sweatt, Erik Johnson, Jamie McBain, Jim O'Brien, and Rhett Rakhshani. Morin played with the following: Drew Shore, Jerry D'Amigo, Ryan Bourque, Jordan Schroeder, Kyle Palmieri, Cam Fowler (#10 all-time NTDP d-man scoring), David Warsofsky, Danny Kristo, etc. Andy Hilbert also played with the #10 all-time NTDP player in career points in Connor Dunlop.

With that for some perspective, you also just have to see Rocco play to see what the hype is about. If he were 5'10, he'd be in the running for the #1 pick in the draft. He's an elite skater. Very fast. Very shifty. He has a great shot. He has very, very slick hands. Very good vision. He's very good on face-offs. He plays both ends of the ice. And most importantly, given his size, is that he's a pit bull. He's small but he's compact and tenacious. He doesn't back down at all. He's not afraid to throw his "weight" around, go in the corners, in front of the net, traffic areas, etc. He not only goes to those areas but he excels in them and isn't pushed around and he'll challenge anyone in the process. He's also probably the most driven player I've ever followed. His only drawback is his size.

That said, he's not going Top 10 because he is that small. Even in the new NHL it's a risk and one I don't think teams will be willing to make that high. But he should, and I think he will, go in the 1st Round. This draft doesn't have a lot of "guarantees" and a lot of the players have some glaring warts. A guy like Rocco is worth the pick in the 1st round.

Old
04-24-2011, 11:37 AM
ChoseLa

Grimaldi is one of the youngest player in the draft, he could still grow 2 inches or so, that'd be Cammalleri's size.

Old
04-24-2011, 12:13 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roulin View Post
Thanks for sharing all this nhldraftvideo!

Looks like the strength of the bottom part of the 1st round is forwards with size - Miller, Jenner, Jensen, Scheifele, McNeill, Rask... this is a positive for the Habs, as their top offensive prospect might be the tiny Brendan Gallagher.

In your opinion, would Scheifele be able to help a team as a two way forward if he doesn't make it as a big point producer?
I would prefer we draft a guy with size, but it's not a must have. If you look at our top young forwards(NHL and prospects), they are average sized...Eller Pacioretty Palushaj Kristo LeBlanc Avtsin Gallagher, they average out at 6'1" 190lbs, not sure why we have to absolutely draft somebody 6'2" or bigger. If Grimaldi is a potential all star at 5'6" and no 6'2" forward is as good then you draft him.

Old
04-24-2011, 12:40 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
I would prefer we draft a guy with size, but it's not a must have. If you look at our top young forwards(NHL and prospects), they are average sized...Eller Pacioretty Palushaj Kristo LeBlanc Avtsin Gallagher, they average out at 6'1" 190lbs, not sure why we have to absolutely draft somebody 6'2" or bigger. If Grimaldi is a potential all star at 5'6" and no 6'2" forward is as good then you draft him.
I'd rather let someone else take the chance on him. Even if he goes on to a career as a fan favourite because of his hustle and determination and exciting skills, I just don't see him being as effective at the NHL level as some of you guys seem to. He really is just that small. Works well enough playing against boys, but the big men in the pros today aren't all as relatively slow as the bigger guys he has to elude these days.

Old
04-24-2011, 12:54 PM
Jabba11
Hockey Lobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohashi_Jouzu View Post
I'd rather let someone else take the chance on him. Even if he goes on to a career as a fan favourite because of his hustle and determination and exciting skills, I just don't see him being as effective at the NHL level as some of you guys seem to. He really is just that small. Works well enough playing against boys, but the big men in the pros today aren't all as relatively slow as the bigger guys he has to elude these days.
Same goes for me. I was really impressed with his play yesterday, but it's too risky to believe his game will translate in the NHL. A good example is Jordan Schroeder. Kid destroyed thr NCAA but is having a hard time in the AHL. JT Miller could be the guy for Timmins and we could trade down and pick up a 2nd round pick. Other than that, Morgan Rielly and Slater Koekoek really impressed me. There's no need to even praise how good Murray was.

Old
04-24-2011, 01:03 PM
Roulin

Quote:
I agree, we don't absolutely have to draft any particular player type. If Grimaldi is available when we pick and Timmins decides he is clearly the best bet, take him. But, if the strengths of the draft address weaknesses on the team, that has to be a good thing.

BTW, of the players you listed, I believe only Pacioretty has above average size/strength, maybe Avtsyn when he fills out. IMO Eller should be around the average through his career, and the rest (Palushaj, Kristo, Leblanc, Gallagher) below average if they make it. I don't think averaging them out is the math to use in this situation. Just my opinion.

Old
04-24-2011, 01:47 PM
Jesker

Hi guys, I just completed a mockdraft with the Habs. Happy with my choices ?

FYI, I trade from 20th to 28th + 88th.

1. (28) Zack Phillips 6'1 188 RW LHJMQ
3. (80) Scott Harrington 6'1 203 D OHL
3. (88) Gregory Hofmann 5'11 165 LW NLA
4. (104) Jean-François Leblanc 6'4 192 C LHJMQ
5. (140) Troy Vance 6'5 203 D LHJMQ
6. (170) Reid Boucher 5'10 192 F USHL
7. (200) Jagger Dirk 6'0 180 D WHL

Thanks for the feedback, it will be appreciated.

Old
04-24-2011, 01:49 PM
Whitesnake
Steel your Habs away

As if I needed more reasons to like him, JT Miller will be amongst my top 5 pick for our pick. This guy will be something else once he fills up.

Old
04-24-2011, 01:52 PM
Whitesnake
Steel your Habs away

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesker View Post
Hi guys, I just completed a mockdraft with the Habs. Happy with my choices ?

FYI, I trade from 20th to 28th + 88th.

1. (28) Zack Phillips 6'1 188 RW LHJMQ
3. (80) Scott Harrington 6'1 203 D OHL
3. (88) Gregory Hofmann 5'11 165 LW NLA
4. (104) Jean-François Leblanc 6'4 192 C LHJMQ
5. (140) Troy Vance 6'5 203 D LHJMQ
6. (170) Reid Boucher 5'10 192 F USHL
7. (200) Jagger Dirk 6'0 180 D WHL

Thanks for the feedback, it will be appreciated.
Philips is probably the hardest guy to evaluate at this time. One day, I love him. The other day, he's just a product of. Chances are though, I'll finish by liking him. Depending who's there, it's not a bad pick. I am not a Harrington fan at all. Leblanc is an awesome guess in the 4th round. Don't see a lot of upside in Vance, Boucher and Dirk are great late round picks. It's an overall fine draft. Congrats.

Closed Thread