http://echl.com/schedule-announced-f...finals-p170472

FYI

LadyStanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2011, 07:02 PM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

vCash: 500
Kinda bummed none of the higher seeds out East that are going to be involved in a 2-3 series had the guts to take the first 2 at home. Something tome about home ice in this league is overrated. Especially Game 5's will be on a Monday. So the underdog at home for that crucial Game 5 wouldn't get much of a home ice advantage.

Who does everybody like advancing? I see some potential upsets out there in the East.

SFTC Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2011, 08:38 PM
Johnny8242

Send a message via AIM to Johnny8242
Greenville over Elmira- in 4 or 5 games.
Cincy over Reading- in 5 games
Kalamzoo over Florida-in in 4 Games
SC over Wheeling in 3 games.

I think all match ups aren't bad for either team. The only one I think is bad is Wheeling VS SC. I favor that matchup for SC Greatly.

Johnny8242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2011, 11:43 PM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny8242 View Post
Greenville over Elmira- in 4 or 5 games.
Cincy over Reading- in 5 games
Kalamzoo over Florida-in in 4 Games
SC over Wheeling in 3 games.

I think all match ups aren't bad for either team. The only one I think is bad is Wheeling VS SC. I favor that matchup for SC Greatly.
Why is that? They lost both meetings against Wheeling this year, shoot they didnt even score a goal.

I don't know about the Greenville series but I do think it will be one of the longer ones.

I don't think Reading is as good as their record shows but I also don't think Cincy is as good of a team as the season ended, but with that all said I agree, I think they actually beat Reading and a lot of it is the carry over from last postseason.

Old
04-05-2011, 03:44 PM
Johnny8242

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackalsfan1 View Post
Why is that? They lost both meetings against Wheeling this year, shoot they didnt even score a goal.

I don't know about the Greenville series but I do think it will be one of the longer ones.

I don't think Reading is as good as their record shows but I also don't think Cincy is as good of a team as the season ended, but with that all said I agree, I think they actually beat Reading and a lot of it is the carry over from last postseason.

Did you happen to read South Carolina's playoff roster they got back a ton. I think they might be my new favorite to win it.

Old
04-05-2011, 11:26 PM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

Quote:
Did you happen to read South Carolina's playoff roster they got back a ton. I think they might be my new favorite to win it.
Yes, I was surprised by McBride, looked like a good trade at the time.

They lost in OT tonight on a fluke bounce from what i understand from Wheeling fans

Reading....choked. I think Cincy will do it now.

We lost, I gotta hand it to Greenville's PP. Though that 2nd goak was weak. The 4th goal was an awesome setup. The 1st goal you should score 5 on 3. The powerplay was the difference.

Florida shocks Kalamazoo.

Aren't you a road Warriors fan? living in Greenville and all?

Old
04-06-2011, 09:22 AM
Johnny8242

Yeah there goes my prediction.. Fluke goal but Wheeling looked good.

Yes I am a Warriors fan the team had a pretty solid game. Looked liked they were out matched physically at times but it didn't really effect the scoreboard much. Tonight's game will be big for either team . I can't say Elmira won't win in Greenville(They split earlier in the season) but it's been tough for any team all season. Elmira's offense scares me though from what I've seen all year its like a switch once its flipped its goals, goals and goals.

Old
04-06-2011, 09:58 AM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

Quote:
Yeah there goes my prediction.. Fluke goal but Wheeling looked good.

Yes I am a Warriors fan the team had a pretty solid game. Looked liked they were out matched physically at times but it didn't really effect the scoreboard much. Tonight's game will be big for either team . I can't say Elmira won't win in Greenville(They split earlier in the season) but it's been tough for any team all season. Elmira's offense scares me though from what I've seen all year its like a switch once its flipped its goals, goals and goals.
I wouldn't give up on the Stingrays just yet.

So do you go to many Road Warriors Games? It was really physical in the opening minutes. Sadly, aside from the 3rd period we might have played 5 minutes the rest of the way. If we come out like in the 3rd tonight it could be interesting. The Road Warriors are fundamentally sound. Really good at clogging the neutral zone. I think we could still win the series but we need to stay out of the box. That was the diffrence last night. Not to mention Cousineau needs to stay in his net. Lampe was our best skater last night. I think whoever scores 1st tonight(especially if it's Greenville) will win. I expect a better effort. Our team hasnt been together much before last night and it showed. I hope last night they wore the rust off.

Old
04-06-2011, 02:01 PM
Johnny8242

Yeah I'm a season ticket holder and watch all the games on Americaone. Can't wait for tonight's game.

Old
04-06-2011, 03:09 PM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

Quote:
Yeah I'm a season ticket holder and watch all the games on Americaone. Can't wait for tonight's game.
Nice. Were you a Growl fan? I was almost raised in Greenville. right now I wish I was, lol. Thats cool. I bought america one for one game and it wasn't pretty. It gave me a daily pass and NONE of the games worked. I got a few small boxes. I was pretty mad. I like Ray as a broadcaster my only issue with him is sometimes he seems to not fully stick with the action and he only gets excited when Greenville scores. Don't worry i'm not a big Eric guy, according to him we should win every game and that bothers me. Tonight will be interesting. I expect a better effort but somehow I still expect a Greenville win. I'm only interested who we suit up in net. Cousineau is capable but he was his own enemy on a goal last night and maybe another. Riopel was good when he had to be but i think he's weak up high and he does seem to give up some rebounds. I'd like to see us actually test him tonight. The first goal was a lucky bounce, he second one was actually a nice look. Man if Tifu woulda put that one late from in close....

Old
04-07-2011, 02:51 PM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

Quote:
Good game last night. I like your team however I have a beef with Coach Stork.

http://www.stargazette.com/article/2...Ctext%7CSports

Quote:
"We didn't capitalize in the first period. We didn't capitalize on the power play," he said. "We played to their level in the second and third periods. They're a good hockey team, but we have to do a better job in the defensive end."
What the heck is that? Our level? What exactly is "our" level. I respect Greenville as a team, they are good but shoot this guy made them sound inferior and made it sound like "our level" was bad but then turned around in the next sentence and said that we were a good team. Well Deano, which one is it? I'm more angered by the fact he said our level and didn't elaborate what the heck that even means...

Old
04-07-2011, 07:31 PM
Johnny8242

Quote:
Good game last night. I like your team however I have a beef with Coach Stork.

http://www.stargazette.com/article/2...Ctext%7CSports

What the heck is that? Our level? What exactly is "our" level. I respect Greenville as a team, they are good but shoot this guy made them sound inferior and made it sound like "our level" was bad but then turned around in the next sentence and said that we were a good team. Well Deano, which one is it? I'm more angered by the fact he said our level and didn't elaborate what the heck that even means...
What's your beef with Stork? Tomorrow should be interesting. I think Greenville will come out hitting and shooting. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see a high scoring game.

Wheeling is on the way to making me eat crow. I've seen them probably 10 times during the season and they never really impressed me even when they had all the big guns like Lord, Street etc.

Old
04-07-2011, 07:58 PM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

Quote:
What's your beef with Stork? Tomorrow should be interesting. I think Greenville will come out hitting and shooting. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see a high scoring game.

Wheeling is on the way to making me eat crow. I've seen them probably 10 times during the season and they never really impressed me even when they had all the big guns like Lord, Street etc.
That comment. But i've also had an incident with him before when he was Cincy's assistant coach(well actually it wasn't my incident, it was someone elses but I became involved in sticking up for them) As for tomorrow, I agree. I wonder if Becky-Tseu will start in net or not? No doubt does Robbie put Cousineau back in. Interesting how Lampe is in syracuse tonight playing but doesn't show up on either league sites transactions.

As for Wheeling. They won Game 1 on a fluke goal. Both games have been good. Wheeling is just getting all the bounces, especially a PENALTY in OT. Psh, i remember the 90's whenn that almost NEVER would happen.

Old
04-08-2011, 04:39 PM
Steelhead16

Quote:
That comment. But i've also had an incident with him before when he was Cincy's assistant coach(well actually it wasn't my incident, it was someone elses but I became involved in sticking up for them) As for tomorrow, I agree. I wonder if Becky-Tseu will start in net or not? No doubt does Robbie put Cousineau back in. Interesting how Lampe is in syracuse tonight playing but doesn't show up on either league sites transactions.
As for Wheeling. They won Game 1 on a fluke goal. Both games have been good. Wheeling is just getting all the bounces, especially a PENALTY in OT. Psh, i remember the 90's whenn that almost NEVER would happen.
He was on the AHL trans list yesterday. ECHL usually runs a day behind unless the AHL move is early in the day. On the ECHL list today.

Steelhead16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2011, 03:02 PM
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go

Bakersfield lost their series 3-1.

LadyStanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2011, 06:50 PM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

These series were mostly boring, although the game scores were close in quite a few of the games. The Eastern Conference was the top 4 seeds. Ah, oh well. On to bigger and better things I guess, we did better than I ever expected.

I wonder if Cameron will ever find another coaching gig in this league?

Old
04-11-2011, 02:30 PM
Johnny8242

Quote:
These series were mostly boring, although the game scores were close in quite a few of the games. The Eastern Conference was the top 4 seeds. Ah, oh well. On to bigger and better things I guess, we did better than I ever expected.

I wonder if Cameron will ever find another coaching gig in this league?
It was nice talking to ya man. Marco Cousineau played a hell of a game Saturday. He was greeted with a Standing o.

Old
04-11-2011, 03:25 PM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

Quote:
It was nice talking to ya man. Marco Cousineau played a hell of a game Saturday. He was greeted with a Standing o.
Yeah you too man. Good series, we just didn't come to play down there. Only Marco came to play. You can't score if you don't shoot. Greenville is going to be real tough. I think they will atleast represent the East. I heard about that. I was impressed he was that good. Game 1 he was terrible. He came a long way this season. He started out terrible and as the team became more of a team he got better, then when the offense got shut down he kept it entertaining. Why did it have to be sean Berkstresser of all people? lol. Was the series winner sort of a fluke or was it a good goal? I guess it came after a tie up on the faceoff.

Old
04-11-2011, 05:44 PM
Johnny8242

I wouldn't call it a fluke. It came off of a face off and he was able to get room to shoot and found the back of the net. You can't overlook any team in the playoffs . I'm more comfortable with us playing Wheeling as we've dominated them during the season and we had mixed results against SC. Should be fun.

Old
04-12-2011, 12:00 AM
PhillyFan4Ever

Quote:
Yeah you too man. Good series, we just didn't come to play down there. Only Marco came to play. You can't score if you don't shoot. Greenville is going to be real tough. I think they will atleast represent the East. I heard about that. I was impressed he was that good. Game 1 he was terrible. He came a long way this season. He started out terrible and as the team became more of a team he got better, then when the offense got shut down he kept it entertaining. Why did it have to be sean Berkstresser of all people? lol. Was the series winner sort of a fluke or was it a good goal? I guess it came after a tie up on the faceoff.
honestly? Berky is by far the hardest working guy off the ice and on the ice in terms of playing above his level. Shane Harper has gotten stronger by hitting the gym with him.

PhillyFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2011, 01:32 AM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyFan4Ever View Post
honestly? Berky is by far the hardest working guy off the ice and on the ice in terms of playing above his level. Shane Harper has gotten stronger by hitting the gym with him.
I'm not ripping the guy persay, I just wish it was somebody with more talent like say Connolly. it would have been fitting. Though to be fair i knew the kid had some skills but I never saw that coming what he did this year.